Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinespored
Stranger
Condensation......=?
    #2597209 - 04/24/04 03:01 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Ok so I have one fully collonised rice cake inside my terrarium. The cake sits on hydroton(lave rocks). Air exchange is controlled via an air pump which sits outside the terrarium...inside is an air stone inside a jar full of water. The terrarium also has a shallow portion of water beneath it which also contains a fish tank heater and another air stone directly under the hydroton.
The humidity level Ihave no idea how high, but I would think high. On the lid ofthe terrarium condensation forms which I wipe off every 6 hours or so to prevent it dripping down onto the rice cake itself. The sides of the terrarium also get much condensation which drips back down to the hydroton.

My question is, well the rice cake itself...gets some condensation on it...small droplets of water. Is this bad? And if so how do I correct this? Should I further open the lid so more water escapes to keep the rice cake free from those droplets? The temp is about 70-75F.

Any help would be much appreciated :mushroom2: :mushroom2:...I can see little bumps forming on the cake so with luck they will trun to shrooms.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLoki
Ferret Farmer
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
Re: Condensation......=? [Re: spored]
    #2597265 - 04/24/04 04:12 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

You need some condensation on the cake, this is how
it rehydrates, and grows bigger shrooms.
More water in cake = bigger shrooms, so all is well.
Dripping on the other hand is bad, as a drip can ruin
forming pins or knots. Try to have the lid on at an angle, so
the drips run down the lid, onto one side, and back into
the res at the bottom.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag