Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Bush Administration's continued attack on MMJ patients [Re: Ravus]
    #2598398 - 04/24/04 03:01 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Why isn't Luv and Mr Mushrooms defending the Bush administration now?

What an incredibly stupid comment.

I don't defend, I point out the errors in the comments I see here. Plus, I think all drugs should be legal.

Try to say less moronic things in the future.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Bush Administration's continued attack on MMJ patients [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2598439 - 04/24/04 03:18 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

What an incredibly stupid comment. I don't defend, I point out the errors in the comments I see here.

Very cool.  :thumbup: It is erroneous to lump millions of people together into single-minded camps when the issues and viewpoints vary dramatically.

But wait then, that is contrary to your sig: "Liberals believe in virtually every conspiracy under the sun..."

See if you can point out the error.  :thumbdown:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinegermin8tionn8ion
enthusiast
Re: Bush Administration's continued attack on MMJ patients [Re: Swami]
    #2598462 - 04/24/04 03:29 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
But wait then, that is contrary to your sig: "Liberals believe in virtually every conspiracy under the sun..."

See if you can point out the error.  :thumbdown:

He was posting a quote that he could simply agree with the intent of, not the whole of.  Any grouping or generalization usually is incorrect.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #2598591 - 04/24/04 04:54 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I see, so I said every comment I see here is in error?

Grow up.

I see an error in your assumption. What a surprise.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
    #2598619 - 04/24/04 05:14 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I always am quite amused with people still hung up on Bubba:lol:
FUCKING NEWS FLASH! he was a politician,which makes him by nature two faced.He beat G. Sr so G. Sr could lay the ground work for G.Jr with eight fantastic years of "cover" to work with.Yes, while most were waching the lurid details of a white stained blue dress PNAC was setting the stage for imposing their "vision" for us all.They(PNAC) have much invested in this venture hence the help of one of PNAC's charter members(Jeb) in securing the election.
Question; How long will it be Bubba's fault? And why don't ya'll do your homework on PoppaBush?
Peace
WR

--------------------
To old for this place

Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
Re: Bush Administration's continued attack on MMJ patients [Re: whiterasta]
    #2598633 - 04/24/04 05:27 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Germin8tionst8tion,and Luvvie. Please weigh in on the original topic please. I very much would like to here your views on Bush's attack on MMJ, but please refrain from comparisons with equally onerous views expressed by the alleged "opposing" party. In other words what do you think in YOUR terms of his acts.
Also, while the previous administrations hypocritical persicution of Cannabis is inexcusable,is not the further escalation to warfare on the sick and disabled an order of magnitude above being "tough on drugs"?
How do Ya'll feel about the precipitous loss of your Constitutional rights?
I am sorry I just cannot put Bubba's eight years aside he was a better president than either Bush and Reagan too IMHO of course :wink:
WR :wexican:

--------------------
To old for this place

Offlinegermin8tionn8ion
enthusiast
    #2598685 - 04/24/04 06:07 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

whiterasta said:
Germin8tionst8tion,and Luvvie. Please weigh in on the original topic please. I very much would like to here your views on Bush's attack on MMJ, but please refrain from comparisons with equally onerous views expressed by the alleged "opposing" party. In other words what do you think in YOUR terms of his acts.

I think it's horrible that he'd refuse medicine to people.  Marijuana is awesome, both for "recreation" and medicine.  I think he is just like most other politicans, he'd do drugs, and condone his own kids dong (certain) drugs, but as long as the demagogueic platform reflects the "drugs are bad, mmkay" position, they'll be against them.
Quote:

Also, while the previous administrations hypocritical persicution of Cannabis is inexcusable,is not the further escalation to warfare on the sick and disabled an order of magnitude above being "tough on drugs"?

http://www.ukcia.org/research/no-research.htm
http://www.ukcia.org/research/no-mmj-research
http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/9702/weed.wars/issues/background/htm
http://www.marijuana.org/SJMercuryNews10-30-02.htm
  The Bush and Clinton administrations have fought to preserve the right to go after doctors who recommend pot to patients, prompting the ACLU to sue in San Francisco federal court.
Escalation would be doing MORE than previous administrations, not dong the same thing.
Quote:

How do Ya'll feel about the precipitous loss of your Constitutional rights?

Honestly, it doesnt' affect me that much.  When I was but a young lad, I did get in a spot o' trouble with the law over marijuana. Since then I've developed reliable contacts and smoke in safe places.  Their stupid laws have no bearing on how I get my doh-ja fix in :smile:
Quote:

I am sorry I just cannot put Bubba's eight years aside he was a better president than either Bush and Reagan too IMHO of course :wink:
WR :wexican:

How many US civilians were killed by the military under Bush, Reagan or Clinton?  Tip: waco

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Bush Administration's continued attack on MMJ patients [Re: germin8tionn8ion]
    #2598724 - 04/24/04 06:31 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I think the whole medical marijuana thing is a little ridiculous. Just legalize it! It shouldn't be legal for cancer patients and nobody else. It should be legal for everyone over 18.

Besides, the medical marijuana thing seems a little silly in the case of lung cancer patients.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Offlinegermin8tionn8ion
enthusiast
Re: Bush Administration's continued attack on MMJ patients [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #2598740 - 04/24/04 06:41 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Divided_Sky said:
I think the whole medical marijuana thing is a little ridiculous. Just legalize it! It shouldn't be legal for cancer patients and nobody else. It should be legal for everyone over 18.

Besides, the medical marijuana thing seems a little silly in the case of lung cancer patients.

Agreed. Our government will allow extracts and similar compositions from the p. somniferium plant to be used for medicine, without allowing it's more "narcotic" counterparts (heroin, for example) to be legal. If you don't make it legal for everyone, jesus, at least make it legal for sick people. I don't care if it's legal or not, as long as I've got the sun, I'm gonna have marijuana. Growing pot outdoors is so easy the first time. Save your bag seeds for a summer, fall, winter and get them ready for spring. Few hundred seeds? plant them in groups of 3-5, don't get caught. Even if you harvest only a few pounds of pot, hell, ya got a few lbs of doh-ja!

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2598751 - 04/24/04 06:48 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Nobody's "hung up on bubba" The point is that Bush is not a special case. He sucks just like everybody else (except carter).

The big question is: What will Kerry do differently?

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Bush Administration's continued attack on MMJ patients [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2598770 - 04/24/04 06:57 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

From www.norml.org :

Quote:

Decriminalization

US Senator John Kerry (D-MA) is on record voicing mild support for the removal of criminal penalties for the possession of marijuana for personal use. In a November 2003 interview with Rolling Stone Magazine, Kerry said he has little problem with the responsible use of marijuana by adults, stating: "I've met plenty of people in my lifetime who've used marijuana and who I would not qualify as serious addicts -- who use about the same amount as some people drink beer or wine or have a cocktail. I don't get too excited by any of that." However, when asked whether he supported decriminalizing the possession and use of marijuana as a public policy, he replied: "No, not quite. What we did in the prosecutor's office was have a sort of unspoken approach to marijuana that was almost effectively decriminalization. We just didn't bother with small-time use. It doesn't rise to the level of nuisance, even. And what we were after was people dealing with heroin and destroying lives, and people who were killing people. That's where you need to focus."

When asked during a live November 2003 debate on CNN whether he'd ever smoked marijuana, Kerry responded that he had.

Medical Marijuana

Kerry is on record voicing mild support for the legalization of marijuana for medicinal purposes. Speaking in January 2004 at the New Hampshire College Convention, Kerry said he opposed federally prosecuting medical marijuana patients who reside in states that have legalized its use. However, Kerry stopped short of endorsing marijuana's therapeutic use, stating (as summarized by the Associated Press), "he wanted to wait for the completion of a study to see what other alternatives might be available ... before deciding whether to legalize it in all states."

As a Senator, Kerry has been supportive of statewide medical marijuana reform efforts in his home state of Massachusetts. He praised legislation approved by the Massachusetts legislature in 1996 that sought to establish a medicinal marijuana therapeutic research program, and most recently, he wrote a letter to the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) in support of a University of Massachusetts Amherst proposal to manufacture marijuana for FDA-approved medical marijuana research.

Repealing the Drug Offender Exclusionary Provision from the Federal Higher Education Act

Kerry is on record supporting the partial repeal of a 1998 provision to the federal Higher Education Act (HEA) that bars convicted marijuana and drug offenders from receiving financial student aid. Speaking in January 2004 at the New Hampshire College Convention, Kerry responded to questioning from the organization, Students for Sensible Drug Policy, by stating that his position depends on the type of drug offense. "If the offense is use, yes," he said. But "if the offense is selling, no."

Industrial Hemp

Kerry has not taken a public position regarding the legalization of industrial hemp, despite publicly promising to do so at the January 2004 College Convention in New Hampshire. In addition, he failed to respond to a 2004 survey by the organization Vote Hemp, even after the group extended their deadline to accommodate Kerry's staff.

As opposed to Bush:

Quote:

Decriminalization

President George W. Bush has not voiced support for the removal of criminal penalties for the possession of marijuana for personal use. To date, his administration has overseen more than 700,000 marijuana arrests per year, nearly 90 percent of which have been for simple possession only. In addition, the Bush administration has levied significant political pressure upon Canada's Parliament to persuade them to reject a federal proposal to decriminalize small amounts of marijuana in that country. The administration has also led an unprecedented domestic crackdown on businesses that sell glass pipes and other items associated with marijuana smoking, and handed down criminal indictments against their owners, including noted actor Tommy Chong.

Medical Marijuana

Bush is on record strongly opposing the legalization of marijuana for medicinal purposes, despite promising as a candidate in 2000 to let states decide the issue without federal interference. The Bush administration has launched numerous federal raids against medicinal marijuana patients and dispensaries in states that have legalized its use. In addition, administration officials have aggressively campaigned against local and state proposals seeking to protect patients who use marijuana as a medicine. The Bush administration has also appealed court decisions barring qualified patients from federal prosecution, and upholding a physician's right to discuss marijuana therapy with their patients.

Repealing the Drug Offender Exclusionary Provision from the Federal Higher Education Act

Bush instructed the Department of Education to vigorously enforce a seldom used 1998 provision to the federal Higher Education Act (HEA) that bars convicted marijuana and drug offenders from receiving financial student aid. As a result, approximately 50,000 citizens have been denied federal student aid annually under the Bush presidency.

Industrial Hemp

Bush has not voiced support for allowing farmers to legally cultivate industrial hemp. In response to the question: "Does the President favor the legalization of industrial hemp?" posed at a July 16, 2001 White House briefing, a spokesman for Bush said the President has not made "any statements ... that would lend one to reach that conclusion." The Bush administration also backed efforts by the Drug Enforcement Administration to ban edible hemp foods. He received a failing grade on the Vote Hemp 2004 Presidential Candidate Report Card.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Bush Administration's continued attack on MMJ patients [Re: Ravus]
    #2598813 - 04/24/04 07:16 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I've seen that.

What was Clinton's and Bush's supposed positions on the issue before they were elected?

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #2598828 - 04/24/04 07:25 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Most people have seen it, but skip over it. Actions speak louder than words, and the fact that he's praised legislation in Masschusetts and has even written a letter to the DEA to support the UMass proposal to grow medical marijuana is quite a step in the right direction.

I don't know Clinton's position on it before election though, and Bush's has mainly stayed the same. I seriously doubt anything would change Bush's position, unless maybe his wife was dying of cancer and needed it. Fundamental Christians as a group are a rather stubborn bunch

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Anonymous

#2599619 - 04/24/04 11:52 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

*Waits for the conservatives' view on this*

*crickets chirping*

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Bush Administration's continued attack on MMJ patients [Re: ]
    #2600010 - 04/25/04 02:42 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Try reading the thread.

--------------------

Anonymous

#2600072 - 04/25/04 03:42 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I did read the thread. Except for pinky's statement about voting libertarian, I didn't really see any views on it from the right. I have a hard time keeping track of everyone's political leanings, so there may have been some righties views on it.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2601313 - 04/25/04 02:03 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

In summary: It sucks, but no more than usual.

--------------------

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #2601877 - 04/25/04 06:01 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

JonPathetic said:
I did read the thread. Except for pinky's statement about voting libertarian, I didn't really see any views on it from the right. I have a hard time keeping track of everyone's political leanings, so there may have been some righties views on it.

would call myself fairly right leaning. Read my post. Luvdemshrooms and germin8tionn8tion seem to be at least right leaning libertarians.

I think the MMJ thing is pretty ridiculous. However, just because Bush and Ashcroft are completely wrong on this issue, and their policies misguided doesn't mean I think they are horrible people, and it doesn't change my views on everyting else.

IMO the medical marijuana thing is peripheral as what is really important is legal marijuana for EVERYONE. It would be pretty funny to see some lung cancer patient trying to get a prescription for weed. cough, cough.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Bush Administration's continued attack on MMJ patients [Re: germin8tionn8ion]
    #2604580 - 04/26/04 12:29 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I'm not sure what Clinton thought, but I think it's interesting that our current AG isn't hiding evidence about the FBI shooting into a burning building filled with women and children.

Lucid_Dreams - Do you think that the actions undertaken by Ashcroft (a scumbag, in all truth) make him worse than the actions taken by Reno? I'm not trying to make Ashcroft sound like a 'good guy', however, he surely isn't the worst we've EVER had.

keep it on topic...

why is it that people still insist on believing
that criticism against the current government
somehow also implies praise for the democrats.

pull your head out of your partisan asses.

Reno was a cunt like Ashcroft is a cunt.

They both did and are doing a horrible job defending
this nation's constitution.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Bush Administration's continued attack on MMJ patients [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #2605114 - 04/26/04 02:55 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Divided_Sky said:
IMO the medical marijuana thing is peripheral as what is really important is legal marijuana for EVERYONE.

Can you really say that it is more important for the average Joe to get high, than for sick people to have access to medicine. Personally, I couldn't care less if anyone on the face of the earth, ever gets to get high again as long as effective drugs are available to the sick.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder