Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Beautiful Chaos
    #2596976 - 04/24/04 12:16 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Chaos is so beautiful. It can destroy all human knowledge, science and religion in a second, eliminate the weakest of humans and create a much more interesting world. The only perfect assurance for everyone of us is chaos followed by death. No matter how hard we try to predict life, it will never go as planned

They should make a god for chaos. "The Cosmic Comedian," they could name him, an archetypal jester, who will always interfere with everyone of our lives and eventually end it. People would look forward to death rather than fearing it, as a great mystery, the last riddle of the Cosmic Comedian

While on the topic, there should be a Jungian archetype for chaos

:3rd_eye:

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Beautiful Chaos [Re: Ravus]
    #2597041 - 04/24/04 12:42 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I wouldn't describe chaos as "beautiful". Interesting, definitely, but not beautiful. If chaos occurred on such a scale that it could destroy all knowledge, science and religion in a second, that would be some pretty big f'ing event, and I imagine there would be a lot of pain and suffering, and I don't imagine that anyone would be watching from a distance, saying, "It's so beautiful!"

However, it would most definitely be interesting. Like picking up the world, putting it in a box so nothing falls off, and shaking it real hard, and then watching how people react. Wouldn't be beautiful, but surely would be interesting.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: Beautiful Chaos [Re: Frog]
    #2597047 - 04/24/04 12:44 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

i dont see life as chaotic...

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Beautiful Chaos [Re: BleaK]
    #2597049 - 04/24/04 12:45 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I didn't say I see life as chaotic.  I think there is a pattern to life.  Pretty damned entertaining pattern, too.  :grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineBleaK
paradox
    #2597076 - 04/24/04 01:00 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

"The only perfect assurance for everyone of us is chaos followed by death. No matter how hard we try to predict life, it will never go as planned"

chaos followed by death? i thought u were interchanging life/chaos.

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

#2597089 - 04/24/04 01:08 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I am. Isn't death what follows life? If life is chaotic, then chaos is followed by death.

Of course if an event like that happened it'd be huge... but it's no guarantee that it'd kill anyone.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2597093 - 04/24/04 01:12 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Ah, so you've been reading my posts and somehow I posted that somewhere and you are now thinking you have caught me being inconsistent. I may not remember what I write, but I am usually consistent.

You will have to tell me where I posted that so that I can go back and read it in the context that it was written, so that I can either harmonize it, or throw it out and apologize.

Could be when I previously wrote that, I felt life was chaotic at that moment.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2597102 - 04/24/04 01:19 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Women are, by nature, chaos-in-action.  :loveeyes:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Beautiful Chaos [Re: Swami]
    #2597109 - 04/24/04 01:23 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I know, and I apologize for myself and for all women, in general, for all the chaos we wreck on you men.  :heart:

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2597113 - 04/24/04 01:26 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Oh, fuck, I just realized that Bleak is actually referring to what Ravus wrote, but clicked on my name by which to respond.  Hell, too funny.  I was trying to remember where I said that, and why.  :lol:

Bleak, when you are responding to someone's post, click on the "reply" thingy on their post, not on the last post written, if by someone else!  :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

#2597122 - 04/24/04 01:33 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Heh, I don't even bother reading it as such, just in chronological order.

Ah well, I was wondering what you were panicking about

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2597123 - 04/24/04 01:36 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I hate it when my panic shows.  Sigh.

Funny, but I will admit...I WAS panicking!  Well, not seriously, but I thought, "Oh shit!  I was inconsistent!  I'm going to lose all credibility!"  I have told people in the past that I often forget things I say, but that's okay, because I am usually consistent.  So I was like "fuck! I was inconsistent????"  I was trying to figure out how to deal with it and shit, ya know????

:grin:

--------------------

OfflineBleaK
paradox
    #2597254 - 04/24/04 03:54 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

didnt even realize i clicked the wrong one

--------------------

InvisibleMr_Gubjet

Loc: Infinitus Kosmos
    #2597433 - 04/24/04 07:59 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:
Chaos is so beautiful. It can destroy all human knowledge, science and religion in a second, eliminate the weakest of humans and create a much more interesting world. The only perfect assurance for everyone of us is chaos followed by death. No matter how hard we try to predict life, it will never go as planned

They should make a god for chaos. "The Cosmic Comedian," they could name him, an archetypal jester, who will always interfere with everyone of our lives and eventually end it. People would look forward to death rather than fearing it, as a great mystery, the last riddle of the Cosmic Comedian

While on the topic, there should be a Jungian archetype for chaos

:3rd_eye:

Chaos, brith, destruction and rebrith are all part of God and nature.

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Re: Beautiful Chaos [Re: Mr_Gubjet]
    #2597750 - 04/24/04 11:26 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

There be chaos at birth, the women screaming her head off and the father trying to keep his soon to be mother calm. Then there is great chaos near death, when one knows it's his time but does not know when it really will happen. All and all it's the order of the universe. The way of the world.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: Beautiful Chaos [Re: Droz]
    #2598368 - 04/24/04 02:41 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

i dont see how the pain of childbirth is chaotic. seems pretty predictable and sensable to me.

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Beautiful Chaos [Re: Droz]
    #2598544 - 04/24/04 04:31 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

It's a matter of perception, I suppose, whether one thinks that birth and death is chaotic. I see it all as predictable, and part of the greater scheme of things.

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2598636 - 04/24/04 05:28 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

life wouldn't be interesting without chaos.  :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
    #2599216 - 04/24/04 09:59 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

>> If chaos occurred on such a scale that it could destroy all knowledge, science and religion in a second, that would be some pretty big f'ing event, and I imagine there would be a lot of pain and suffering, and I don't imagine that anyone would be watching from a distance, saying, "It's so beautiful!"

Relative to what would such an event be considered enormous? Only to ourselves. It's only because we imagine ourselves to be of such grand importance that we lend significance to an event which has the potential to bring about our destruction, or the destruction of our accomplishments as human beings. The implications of such an event are seen as disasterous and ugly only because we believe ourselves and our accomplishments to be supreme and beautiful.

If we can relax this sense of self-importance, we can come to realize that truly, all things are filled with beauty and are worthy of our reverence, even those events which may bring us a seemingly enormous degree of suffering. We can come to understand that change is a perfect and unceasing phenomenon from which we are seperated only in dependence upon the illusions which arise from ignorance. Indeed, one of the primary illusions sustained by a lack of wisdom is the illusion of self-importance. It is only from dispelling this illusion that we can escape the sufferings which come of us through the perpetual current of impermanence, of change, or in this case of chaos.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Beautiful Chaos [Re: Ped]
    #2599303 - 04/24/04 10:16 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Well, I tend to agree with you, Ped. Except that not everyone sees it like you, or me.

Take into consideration the possibility of 2012. (Just pretend for a minute that it is going to happen. I am just watching.) If what is foretold does in fact occur, supposedly it will turn civilization into chaos as compared to the way we know the world, now.

If there was destruction, bombs, whatever, there are going to be people who are suffering. I just can't imagine anyone saying it's beautiful, as it is happening.

Necessary? Probably. And there will be those of us who understand that out of chaos does in fact come something beautiful, once the dust settles. But chaos in and of itself will not be beautiful.

What will be beautiful will be what we see in the strength and fortitude of people who come through it unscathed, in spite of what they went through, and what rises out of the ashes.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder