Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGilbertArod
Stranger
 User Gallery
What are these please need positive I.D.
    #25969232 - 05/02/19 11:08 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Habitat: San Diego after two days rain in various local parks in grass 550ft elevation 10 miles inland from Ocean
Where does it grow? Eg. woods, pasture, state, province, country, altitude, etc. What does it grow on? Eg. soil, dung, wood (dead, living, what kind of wood?), etc.

Gills:
Color, attached/not, gills/pores, etc.
Brown drying black not seemingly attached 
Stem: twisting firm but hollow
Length, diameter, color, texture, hollow/solid, thin/thick, etc.
Varies from 2 to 4 inches tall no cap is bigger than 2 inches across. Prominent rings on them when humidity was high but drying to tan creamy brown after the rain dried out rounded top on the suspected pan c.and almost the suspected pan pops you tell me lol.
Cap:
Diameter, color, texture, conical/spherical, convex/concave, etc.

Spore print color:
Very important! Did comparisons. Some are foes. and some cincts.Did side by side prints some brown some soot black.Only then did I separated them just to be safe. And some p.opsis I think I don't know how to print those as the caps are almost closed. The weather I noticed has a role in disrupting the cap color. Those LBM's change color as fast as the weather changed. I may sound like I know what I'm saying but I'm new. Just been reading a lot. Lmao

Bruising:
Color that the mushroom bruises, if any.
The suspected panaeolopsis sp. had one or two greenish bluish tips that dried too small to tell which ones in the bunch I collected. 
Other information:
Scent of the mushroom, anything else you think is important, large close-up pictures showing stem, cap and gills.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHowefarmsmedicals
 User Gallery

Re: What are these please need positive I.D. [Re: GilbertArod]
    #25969429 - 05/03/19 04:24 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

The picture of three undersides, looks like Panaeolus cinctulus. The two prints on the right in the three set look correct for them. The other print looks brown to me,or not very dark.

Offlinetacodude
Old Soul
 User Gallery
Re: What are these please need positive I.D. [Re: Howefarmsmedicals]
    #25969518 - 05/03/19 05:54 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Pan cints grow from poop not grass... The grass ones might be something else is the new theory

OfflineAnglerfishM
hearing things
Male User Gallery

Loc: Norvegr Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: What are these please need positive I.D. [Re: tacodude]
    #25969526 - 05/03/19 05:59 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

tacodude said:
Pan cints grow from poop not grass... The grass ones might be something else is the new theory

Interesting. You say "something else", is it undescribed or an already known species?

--------------------

Offlinetacodude
Old Soul
 User Gallery
Re: What are these please need positive I.D. [Re: Anglerfish]
    #25969529 - 05/03/19 06:05 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Ask Alan... He can tell you more. From what I understand the poo ones are pan cints as potent as cubes while the grass ones are like half the strength

User Gallery

#25969552 - 05/03/19 06:17 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

I have them in association with barley straw as a mulch. If the mycelium gets aged horse manure on top, then (here) they grow to a quarter sized cap with a band and the stem is either big and hollow or thick and clean snapping with small hole. If they only have straw with a soil casing or deep mulch (here) they are smaller nickel or less but some will show light blue in age but never band. That might only be in this environment though..... I forget always.,but the smell is always the same in everyone ive found and (here) the slides/spores all look the same. this shows the response to environmental influence. I have some others photos in the environment. And hopefully lots more, tis the season :smile:

Edited by Howefarmsmedicals (05/03/19 07:04 AM)

OfflineGilbertArod
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25969943 - 05/03/19 11:06 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Cool starting cultures today then will be doing a thread on that. I've read up that only pan subs will colonize pasturized wheat grass and I'm going to case them in manure peat and verm. I am going to do the panaeolus sp.inthe same fashion but I will spawn those other on rye seed and see if they take to the straw as well since they were found in close proximity in rye grass. Soon they will be seeding with Bermuda grass for summer and I don't think I'll find as many. The parks here fertilize with aged horse manure btw because it's free from the equestrian trail stalls and they do a green program here. I live a mile from a green waste only landfill. Thank you for responding!

User Gallery

#25969985 - 05/03/19 11:30 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Thats really rad, good luck :smile:. I really loved microdosing in the winter with them. I found them warming and alot of energy, enough to keep busy bodied in the gloom. Cheers :smile:

OfflineGilbertArod
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25973729 - 05/05/19 11:07 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Well got the car cinctilus culture cooking but the panaeolopis sp. I've learned is a sectoid species and doesn't drop a print so I had to go get a fresh set of stems and will have to work the mycelium a bit and grow those from clone until I can get a clean LC going from Gill tissue. So I'm trying to work on that today. These are panaeolopsis sp. Specimens I'm going to work with.

OfflineMoria841
Male

Loc: NJ Flag
Trusted Identifier
    #25973779 - 05/05/19 11:37 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

I see a few Panaeolopsis sp.

--------------------

Moria's Gymnopilus Guide

OfflineGilbertArod
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: What are these please need positive I.D. [Re: Moria841]
    #25973892 - 05/05/19 12:51 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Yup I found them in the same cinctilus/foe patches and since they are an easy i.d. I collected a boatload lol. Going to squeeze lemon on some and eat them later lol The cinctilus I want to culture and make spawn jars so I can get a nice and potent batch. Lol The panaelopsis is a great tea Maker. Eat a dry eighth of these from this area and HOLY SHIT LOL!Lots of rainbow kaleidoscope geometric patterns and permagrin giggles. No nausea whatsoever. I've seen alot of bunk weak cubes going around lately. But these little guys....Honestly and 8th dried was almost too much for me. But that's why I went back for to get a fresh sample to clone. Because my first experience with Pan.SP. was pretty cool.

OfflineGilbertArod
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25975549 - 05/06/19 11:01 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Just more for ID. I read cinctilus grows on straw so I took a sterilized stem piece and tossed it in a jar of rehydrated well drained wheat straw with a tablespoon of horse manure tea then PC'd then took my fresh stem crimped both ends and dipped in peroxide then re cut the ends and tossed it in the jar all done in a home made glove box I made and it's been 2 days and now I see this. Does it look like it's supposed to?

OfflineGilbertArod
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25975559 - 05/06/19 11:06 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

I used the biggest specimen I found for this project. And I read only pan Subs/cinctilus would take to pure straw. I started some rye grass seed ones too but I don't see much in those jars yet.

OfflineJerry311SD
Stranger
Male

Loc: San Diego CA
    #26025254 - 05/31/19 04:05 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I've been all over San Diego. Still haven't found anything.

Offlinetacodude
Old Soul
 User Gallery
Re: What are these please need positive I.D. [Re: Jerry311SD]
    #26025713 - 05/31/19 07:43 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Those are foe... Cinnts will have more of a red stem with white hairs rather than smooth white. They will also grow in clusters not pairs

Edit:

https://files.shroomery.org/files/19-18/667746145-IMG_20190430_162729352.jpg

These guys are likely the cints unless it's just a bruised foe causing that dark stem

Edited by tacodude (05/31/19 07:46 PM)

OfflineMoria841
Male

Trusted Identifier
    #26025733 - 05/31/19 07:58 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

tacodude said:
Those are foe... Cinnts will have more of a red stem with white hairs rather than smooth white. They will also grow in clusters not pairs

https://www.shroomery.org/12480/Panaeolopsis-sp

--------------------

Moria's Gymnopilus Guide

OfflineEyeEatMushrooms
Gears Grinding
I'm a teapot
Loc: TEXAS Flag
    #26026196 - 05/31/19 11:11 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Damn bruh u are the TI , you aren't finna call em out on that false ass statement. cinct grow from poop AND grass. ALSO Why didn't u ID the poor mans shit?

--------------------
:crazy2::syringe:

OfflineMoria841
Male

Trusted Identifier
Re: What are these please need positive I.D. [Re: EyeEatMushrooms]
    #26026265 - 06/01/19 12:01 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

EyeEatMushrooms said:
Damn bruh u are the TI , you aren't finna call em out on that false ass statement. cinct grow from poop AND grass. ALSO Why didn't u ID the poor mans shit?

Likely not. The active Panaeolus mushrooms from grass are usually a slightly active undescribed species unless it's a highly fertalized lawn. You'll find P. cinctulus in horse pastures

--------------------

Moria's Gymnopilus Guide

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate