Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesycodelix
Honorable Golden Shellback
Male

Loc: Spokane, Washington
Billionaire Opioid CEO Found Guilty in Scheme to Bribe Doctors with Lap Dances and Lavish Dinners * 1
    #25969197 - 05/03/19 12:44 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/xwnyxz/billionaire-opioid-ceo-found-guilty-in-scheme-to-bribe-doctors-with-lap-dances-and-lavish-dinners

Billionaire Opioid CEO Found Guilty in Scheme to Bribe Doctors with Lap Dances and Lavish Dinners

Billionaire Opioid CEO Found Guilty in Scheme to Bribe Doctors with Lap Dances and Lavish Dinners
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare via email
By Alex Lubben May 2, 2019

The billionaire former CEO of one of the county’s biggest opioid manufacturers was found guilty Thursday in a scheme to bribe doctors to prescribe a fentanyl-based spray.

John Kapoor, the 75-year-old founder of Insys Therapeutics, became the first pharmaceutical executive to be convicted of racketeering in the slew of litigation that’s come out of the opioid epidemic. He was also found guilty of defrauding insurance companies to peddle Subsys, an opioid spray approved for terminally ill cancer patients. The drug, however, wound up being widely prescribed for other kinds of conditions that involved chronic pain.

ADVERTISEMENT

Kapoor was convicted along with four other former Insys exec after the jury deliberated for 15 days. All are facing a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison.

The scheme that prosecutors said Kapoor pulled off involved Insys employees paying doctors for sham events and taking them to lavish dinners at restaurants that Kapoor owned and strip clubs. Michael Babich, who stepped down as Insys’ CEO in 2015, pleaded guilty to being involved in the scheme in January and became a cooperating witness for the prosecution.

The trial was peppered with some pretty wild revelations. Babich testified that the company hired good-looking sales reps because they thought doctors didn’t want an “unattractive person to walk in their door.”

Another event that came to light over the course of the trial: A former sales rep testified that she saw an Insys executive at a club in Chicago, giving a lap dance to a doctor to whom she was selling Subsys.

“Do you feel like you were getting a message about what tactics to use to market this product?” one of the prosecutors asked. The defense objected before the sales rep answered, according to the Boston Globe.

Jurors were also shown a video Insys sales reps had made, apparently a parody of rapper A$AP Rocky’s “Fuckin’ Problems.” During the video, one of the employees dressed up as a bottle of Subsys.

“I love titrations, yeah, that’s not a problem, and I got new patients, yeah, I got a lot of ‘em,” the rap goes. “Titration” is the process by which a physician gradually increases a drug’s dosage strength.

The verdict in Kapoor’s case is likely to be a signal to other pharmaceutical executives that the public is willing to convict on charges relating to the opioid crisis.

“A conviction will embolden prosecutors in other cases,” Paul Kalb, a partner at Sidley Austin LLP specializing in health-care fraud, told Bloomberg before the verdict came down. “Kapoor will be plainly portrayed as one of the instigators of the opioid crisis. But the truth is, this is a very complex problem that was not caused by any single person or company.”

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesycodelix
Honorable Golden Shellback
Male

Loc: Spokane, Washington
Re: Billionaire Opioid CEO Found Guilty in Scheme to Bribe Doctors with Lap Dances and Lavish Dinners [Re: sycodelix]
    #25969201 - 05/03/19 12:45 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

That didn't take long... seemed like it was only a week ago they just reported about them going to trial... or was that done other slimey thing instead of insys? Hmmm

Edited by sycodelix (05/03/19 12:48 AM)

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Billionaire Opioid CEO Found Guilty in Scheme to Bribe Doctors with Lap Dances and Lavish Dinners [Re: sycodelix]
    #25969324 - 05/03/19 03:21 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

:facepalm:
this is starting to seem like satire

rich people always spend the workers money to do stuff like this

I honestly don't think they did anything wrong
they probably just got him for racketeering because he wasn't paying taxes or something

Edited by Konyap (05/03/19 03:23 AM)

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Billionaire Opioid CEO Found Guilty in Scheme to Bribe Doctors with Lap Dances and Lavish Dinners [Re: Konyap]
    #25969439 - 05/03/19 06:45 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

"I love titrations?" Maybe try doing one yourself

Id love to see some of these pharma CEOs in full withdrawal

Doing the bazooka. Yeah that'll change your perspective on what you peddle

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

Offlinetacodude
Old Soul
 User Gallery
Re: Billionaire Opioid CEO Found Guilty in Scheme to Bribe Doctors with Lap Dances and Lavish Dinners [Re: Fractal420] * 2
    #25969495 - 05/03/19 07:33 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

I remember when this guy first developed the spray making up bullshit his wife needed an immediate relief high potency pain med. Such BS

Edit: I mean c'mon.... I think that's Kapoor in the subsys bottle costume. This was for some company meeting or something

Edited by tacodude (05/03/19 07:38 AM)

Offlinevaliant
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Billionaire Opioid CEO Found Guilty in Scheme to Bribe Doctors with Lap Dances and Lavish Dinners [Re: Konyap]
    #25969652 - 05/03/19 09:40 AM (1 year, 9 months ago)

Quote:

they probably just got him for racketeering because he wasn't paying taxes or something

what I expect too! since when has sex not been sold

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service