Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisible10kVisions
High, Real High.
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: CypressRage] * 1
    #25964282 - 04/30/19 11:51 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

im extremely at a loss here and I have NO idea what is going on.

ok so first off I'm not a noob. I have been doing this for over 5 years now an my methods previous to my last move have been great.  mold here and there but nothing crazy was always able to pin point what happened and adjust if needed.

Fast forward to now.  I bought a new house, moved, in the house I actually BUILT a room for this.  simple 10x12 room no windows no fans, essentially a storage room that I could use for my grows.
since moving here I've hadn't basically nothing but mold.  1 or 2 tubs have had some growth but at the end of the day would get taken over by mold after 1 partial flush.
I would like to point out that I moved to 10k feet and have been adjusting PC times etc for that more details below.

the process:

Agar:
using Your tek here but instead of petri's I use Ball small jars with plastic lids and holes.
im soaking all instruments in alcohol between transfers and using torch to flame red hot in between as well just like your videos show.
I feel like my agar looks really good. "hary" crawling looking spawn.  I definitely see mold but transfer away from it just like your supposed to do with this method.
from initial Knock I transfer 3 times till my growth looks simple and clean.

Seed:
using WBS (Pennington brand).
soak 12 hours, removing 90% of black seeds and "floaters".
Rinse at start of soak, then half way though, then again at the end.  water always looks clean when im ready to dry.
dry with hair dryer till almost dry but not quite all the way.

jars:
Ball 1 quart jars with plastic lids
fill each one to the A in Ball and add lid
tape each lid with paper tape over hole and cover with tinfoil
each PC' gets 4 quarts of water due to altitude and intense water evaporation.
I have addition weight on my weights in order to get my PC's up 19psi and not evaporate in 1 hour or less.
I purge each PC til they hit about 3 psi, then ad weight and raise to 19psi, then let sit for 2.5 Hours. Doing research on PC times this is what I had to adjust to in order to PC properly.
remove jars and let sit in the room till they reach room temp.  (usually over night)

Coir:
simple really,
white buckets with solid seal lids, 1 brick, 2 quarts Verm and 4 quarts water
let sit (usually over night) til room temp.

Tubs:
Unmodified tub tek
I spray each with 70% alcohol and let sit for 5 min then wipe them down (lid included)
I mix 5 jars with I bucket of coir.
I use fresh latex gloves to help ensure cleanliness

Incubate:
tubs sit on a shelf I built with no light (ish) till I see nice growth and pins start to show up.
once I see pins I pop the lid and let it rest on top of the handles.

.....  and then I get mold.

if you feel we need to DM this and get more specific about stuff let me know but im seriously at a loss here. I feel like im being BEYOND clean etc and im still getting mold.

thanks ahead of time for your time.
cheers

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: 10kVisions]
    #25964426 - 04/30/19 01:33 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Post pics of your spawn and agar

Invisible10kVisions
High, Real High.

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25965138 - 04/30/19 08:20 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Here's my agar.  I just got done transferring this into jars.  it sat about a week longer than i wanted it to.

--------------------

Invisible10kVisions
High, Real High.

Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: 10kVisions]
    #25965163 - 04/30/19 08:40 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

and i already put my spawn down into tubs but here are photos of the tubs after 3 weeks or so.  the first is a tub that's currently pinning.  this is one of 4.  2 of 4 of them went bad.  the 2nd photo is one of the tubs that went bad, the other looks similar.

the 2nd and 3rd photos are the newest tubs i've put down, this is after about a week.

i'll have to send photos of the spawn in my seed after the newest afgar starts to take.

--------------------

InvisibleHiminji
empathy

Loc: sympathy
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25968812 - 05/02/19 06:17 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Yo is there enough gas exchange to fruit inside a pint jar using 1-1 1/2 cup brf substrate? Not worried about yield

OfflineMitchie23
Stranger
Female
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Himinji]
    #25973757 - 05/05/19 11:24 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Hi guys, I'm new here! my friend recommended this forum. so excited to learn from all of you. :smile:

Offlinenewtomyc
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: here there and everywhere
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: Mitchie23]
    #25974023 - 05/05/19 02:42 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Mitchie23 said:
Hi guys, I'm new here! my friend recommended this forum. so excited to learn from all of you. :smile:

Welcome read all of Bods tek. They have done me right each time

--------------------
JJ

Draw unto others as they have been drawn to you.... WSP

OfflineiNitwit
Stranger
Male User Gallery

When to fruit [Re: newtomyc]
    #25976649 - 05/06/19 09:31 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Hey, I was hoping you could help out. I grated brf cakes -3 half pints - into a 1/2 ratio and they have been in darkness and cold temps for the last 11 days and this is what I have. I just wasn’t sure if they are colonized enough to cut open the bag yet? There is visible moisture inside and I tried to pump a fresh gulp of air in. And the substrate feels solid. I’d appreciate your opinion! It’s my first

OfflinePuduwoke
mushroom enthusiastic

Re: When to fruit [Re: iNitwit]
    #25976791 - 05/06/19 10:43 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Ofcouse wait for Bod to answer. But I think I could ask you a few thinks that would help Bod out when answering your questions.

I see straw. Did you pastrurize your substrate?
What is your substrate made out of?
When you say Its been colonizing in cold temps, how cold?

Also, incubating in darkness is outdated information. Mycilium benefits from light (12/12 on/off) at all stages.

Best of luck to you :cheers:

--------------------
:sporedrop:Trade List:sporedrop:

LAGM2021

OfflineiNitwit
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: When to fruit [Re: Puduwoke]
    #25976841 - 05/06/19 11:09 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Thank you and yes i used out grows 50/50 manure and straw. I actually put it in a tote and stuck it in the woods. I had to I have a studio and someone was here for a week and the temps started warming a bit so I left them till today. I opened the bag and cleanly abosorbed the moisture with paper towels, as when I initially sealed it I gave it a couple of mists and I don’t think I should have. So I resealed it with poly and put it in a cuboard with a stick-it light above it. But this bag spent the first week at an average temperature of 42-46 degrees. No more than 65 till today when it was 70. Smells and looks good so far and I’m kinda surprised it filled in this much at that temp. The second nite it got down to 28! Looks like 50%. So do I let it go until it starts pinning?

OfflineiNitwit
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: When to fruit [Re: iNitwit]
    #25977321 - 05/07/19 07:57 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

And is condensation normal inside ? Mildew potential? Do I open this damn bag?its my only grow! 1 bag! Please help!

Invisible10kVisions
High, Real High.

#25977578 - 05/07/19 10:32 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

OK here are pics of my latest agar after 3 days of sitting in new spawn.

spawn is cooked at 19psi for 2.5 hours

--------------------

Offlinenewtomyc
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: here there and everywhere
    #25979424 - 05/08/19 08:31 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Im not particularly fond of gartz/stamets anyway. 

Bod if your not a fan of those guys. Whom would you suggest reading on subject of non-actives. I would like to have more of an understanding of them (i.e. genus names, uses, areas they are grow, etc).

Appreciate any recommendations.

--------------------
JJ

Draw unto others as they have been drawn to you.... WSP

Edited by newtomyc (05/08/19 08:34 AM)

Offlinearcherkillian
Stranger
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: newtomyc]
    #25982556 - 05/09/19 06:37 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Hey Bod, i've been using all your teks and was just wondering how to avoid side pins and get more uniform fruiting like you do. I distribute everything evenly, mix evenly, don't pack down too hard, temp and humidity are dialed in, but will still get spotty growth. Maybe only 70% real estate will grow plus a lot of side pinning. Any more things I could dial in? Thank you

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: newtomyc]
    #25982558 - 05/09/19 06:40 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Omxfan75 said:
Hey, I was hoping you could help out. I grated brf cakes -3 half pints - into a 1/2 ratio and they have been in darkness and cold temps for the last 11 days and this is what I have. I just wasn’t sure if they are colonized enough to cut open the bag yet? There is visible moisture inside and I tried to pump a fresh gulp of air in. And the substrate feels solid. I’d appreciate your opinion! It’s my first

Looks off

Quote:

Omxfan75 said:
And is condensation normal inside ? Mildew potential? Do I open this damn bag?its my only grow! 1 bag! Please help!

Got better pics?

Quote:

10kVisions said:
OK here are pics of my latest agar after 3 days of sitting in new spawn.

spawn is cooked at 19psi for 2.5 hours

Hows it now?

Quote:

newtomyc said:
Quote:

bodhisatta said:
Im not particularly fond of gartz/stamets anyway. 

Bod if your not a fan of those guys. Whom would you suggest reading on subject of non-actives. I would like to have more of an understanding of them (i.e. genus names, uses, areas they are grow, etc).

Appreciate any recommendations.

Here, or dig into anything your interested in mycology about

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Where to Start Flow Chart and helpful links also ask your questions here Q&A [Re: archerkillian]
    #25982559 - 05/09/19 06:40 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

archerkillian said:
Hey Bod, i've been using all your teks and was just wondering how to avoid side pins and get more uniform fruiting like you do. I distribute everything evenly, mix evenly, don't pack down too hard, temp and humidity are dialed in, but will still get spotty growth. Maybe only 70% real estate will grow plus a lot of side pinning. Any more things I could dial in? Thank you

Practice makes perfect.

InvisibleUrbanCubensis

Loc: down the road
Lids... *sigh* [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25991369 - 05/14/19 01:57 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Hey Bod,
I know this question is the dumbest of the dumb, but I've decided to drill between 1/4" and 3/8" holes in the lids and use polyfill, today was my first time handling it and my god its slippery sort of stuff!

I've tried twisting, turning, prodding, everything. I used pointy-nose plyers, and a spoke out of a bike wheel (don't ask) they both succeeded in placing it in to as much as I could, its not as tight as you mentioned it should be however, I got a decent-ish chunk in however it is very easy to move around and turn (no force needed).

Is it okay if theres the tiniest gap if you lift the sides of polyfill up to check how tight the gap is? When I leave the poly it seems to settle a bit around the edge, just not sure if this is enough as I've stuck with bloody PF cakes with holes poked in the lids for the last 2 grows.

These lids were meant to be a piece of cake for me however I am just astounded it took me so long to well, stick some fluffy shit in a hole in a metal lid...

Thanks and I'm sorry to be a pain in the ass mate. I'll buy you a beer  :chugbeer:

--------------------
Check out my High Capacity DIY Dehydrator! | Aussie Cultivator Thread | Mushroom Recipes Thread

just your friendly neighborhood cube

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lids... *sigh* [Re: UrbanCubensis]
    #25991524 - 05/14/19 05:16 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

It should be difficult to remove. No gaps. Basically impossible to turn in the hole

OfflineCount of Sabugosa
Nerdy floater
Male User Gallery

Re: Lids... *sigh* [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25994383 - 05/15/19 01:31 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I've been getting a lot of mixed info about this particular grow. I've had issues with it from the start and actually had to reupdate my pc tek for my bags. But long story short, this is a surviving pound of spawn out of 5. I used a smaller tub, 1:2 substrate ratio, and colonization of substrate took about 7 days. Pins after about 7 again. This is hour 73 since I've seen the pins. It's PE and the fruits are not mature, but they look small to me. This is my first PE grow (I've grown APE dozens of time successfully). I've read one guy saying it's probably bacterial and that I may be overmisting. But most threads on small fruits point out to lack of humidity as one of the most common issues. I know depth of substrate and, in general, genetics (yeah, I still use MS) or lack of fae may also be problematic for small fruits.

What could I do? How can I know that this is bacterial, for instance, with no external signs?

I hope the question isn't as stupid as I'm always afraid it is, Bod. And if you don't answer I know it is lol

--------------------
In Hebrew, the words "wine" and "secret" hold the same numerologic value. When wine comes in, secrets spill out. Do you think the person who said that knew mushrooms? When mushrooms come in... Is there anything beyond a secret?

Edited by Count of Sabugosa (05/15/19 01:33 PM)

Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Lids... *sigh* [Re: Count of Sabugosa]
    #25994419 - 05/15/19 01:58 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I'd say small fruits goes hand and hand with too much water not humidity at all.

Looks fine aside from that you could have more pins

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | Next > | Last >

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix