Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Iorn Cheff America.
    #2596054 - 04/23/04 07:32 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

The first show is on now.. Its a 2 hours special and they are showing the cast and crew and the making of the set and buying of all the ingreedients and everything....

This is cool.. And it gives me an Idea...

Lets have an Iron Cheff Shroomery.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
Re: Iorn Cheff America. [Re: GabbaDj]
    #2597135 - 04/24/04 01:47 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I want to be Fukui-san!

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
    #2598469 - 04/24/04 03:32 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

:cool: waht are the rules?

OfflineGanjaNamja
enthusiast

#2602360 - 04/25/04 08:10 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

the judges on this show are trash

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Re: Iorn Cheff America. [Re: GanjaNamja]
    #2602498 - 04/25/04 08:43 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

The original is better no doubt but it's ok.
I don't think wolfgang is going to lose tonight either :beer:
I kinda think the judges are biased. Doubt any japanese iron chefs will be winning.
ps. what the hell was he thinking with 'Trout Ice Cream'

Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
Re: Iorn Cheff America. [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #2602785 - 04/25/04 10:04 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

The original is definitely a ton better. But I do enjoy seeing some of the popular american chefs showing off their skills at a higher level than on their regular shows.

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
    #2602930 - 04/25/04 10:47 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Yes of course the original one was better. It's because it's the original.

But I'm just happy they brought it back. Remember when UPN tried to pull that shit with William Shitner? Awfull.

Atleast the people at Food Network have the brains to bring back Sakai and Morimoto tlghouth it woulda been nice to have Chen Kenichi back.

Having Bobby Flay, Wolfgang and Mario in there sure makes it a bit more interesting. We get to see what they're made of.

Flay is the SHIT oh man I saw his battle against Sakai and I must say he was pulling out some CRAZY ASS stuff I have never even fathomed. Eating at Bolo has taught me alot about Flay's abilities.

I guess since they're now NEW iron chefs, people will be able to challenge the three new guys. FINALY we have an actualy ITALIAN CHEF doing the italian cooking. Kobe was garbage.

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Re: Iorn Cheff America. [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #2603130 - 04/26/04 12:01 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

the tag team battle was dope. :wexican:

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
    #2608095 - 04/27/04 07:01 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Maybe, but it's missing much of the theatrical quality that made the original fun.

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Iorn Cheff America. [Re: valour]
    #2611048 - 04/28/04 10:50 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I like the old one, when they would talk for like, 30 seconds, and the translation would be "Mmmm, Good. <gigglegiggle>"

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineAbFab
me

Loc: Here
Re: Iorn Cheff America. [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #2614220 - 04/29/04 12:22 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

saikai is my fav

--------------------
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when your uncool.

OfflineLiquidSmoke

Re: Iorn Cheff America. [Re: valour]
    #2614266 - 04/29/04 12:35 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Iron Chef America > no more new iron chef.

And yes, Sakai is the shit. He's my personal favorite with Chen Kenichi a close second.

While Sakai makes the more creative food, I always seem to drool alot more when Chen busts out his wok and starts makin szechuan stuff. Mmmmmm..

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
    #2619327 - 04/29/04 11:25 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

-Fukui-san?
--Yes, go ahead Ota.
-It looks like we have some sharp words coming from Master Smoke aimed at seldom rivaled Iron Chef Kobe
--Well, I am to understand that there has been some bad blood between these two in the past, so there's really no surprise there, thank you Ota.

Yes, the original definitely holds rank at the top of my food network's favorites list.. right in the top 5 of my all time television favorites as well (of course The Simpsons outrank all else :cool:). 

I think that the new Iron Chef America: Battle of the Masters series is done fairly well.  Alton Brown knows his shit, which is important for the announcer, and the kitchen stadium seems to have more than adequate equipment.  The show also retains the basic feel of the original in terms of its quickly paced visual presentation.

However, there are subtle differences that definitely make the new series different - and in some cases, not for the better :nonono:.  Having a much more sophisticated kitchen in the new stadium, the chefs can have an easier time with some dishes than they would have in the former kitchen stadium (e.g. the auto-temp. deep frier).  The judges in the new show also appear to be a bit bias, but I suppose some of that simply lies in being an American.  One can definitely witness the sharp contrast between the Japanese and American culture from the two series :shiftyeyes:.  I did harbor grave sentiments for Sakai in his battle against Flay as soon as the floor commentator asked the woman judge if she had been concentrating on any one cook more than the other and she replied with a flirtateous remark about always enjoying to watch Bobby :rolleyes:

I also thought it slightly unfair that Wolfgang was allowed to have a professional pastry chef at his side for his battle against Morimoto - though I suppose that if both chefs are allowed to select their entire crew then Morimoto could have had the same option open to him.

The fact that the show doesn't seem to have a live audience is another :thumbdown:

All in all, I enjoyed the new series - but what gets me the most is the fact that they don't dramatize the new show as well.  There are no 10 minute introductions explaining the history of the theme ingredient, and there isn't that boundary of respect that Kaga's kitchen stadium commanded.  None the less, I was impressed at the skill of the American Iron Chefs - the battles were good. :beer: :spliff:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Re: Iorn Cheff America. [Re: geokills]
    #2628327 - 05/02/04 03:01 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I agree completely with the biassed judges. That woman was way biased for Flay, she'd a picked his food anyway regardless of the quality:drama: . Also that italian judge from the Soprano's almost seemed racist with his assesment of morimoto's dishes :nonono: .Wolfgang also had an edge for sure with another star chef on his side. At least the tag team battle was fair:beer:
Are they going to keep making new epsiodes or was that it?
Also the old kitchen stadium was way better was kinda dark not a bright and polished.  :nonono:
Still a decent watch though :wink:

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #2642237 - 05/05/04 03:56 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah the original was definatly better. I enjoy the translations and how they talk about theme ingrediants.

I thought the judges where biased to original iron chefs. Sakai is the shit he is like 80 and 9.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineLiquidSmoke

Re: Iorn Cheff America. [Re: geokills]
    #2654579 - 05/08/04 07:20 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I really thought Americans would do a better job of being unbiased than the French did when Iron chef visited europe.

I guess I was wrong.

Sakai totally showed up Bobby Flay yet of course Flay gets the victory because he's white and cooks white food for white judges.

I think part of the appeal that went away was the fact that it's no longer japanese. That's a big part of what made the show excellent. The dubbing was classic. The judges are hilarious. And of course, Kaga san.

I'm just pissed off that they didn't give credit where it was due. Americans can be such arrogant snobs.

--------------------

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

#2682341 - 05/15/04 01:00 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

yah, trout ice cream was enough for me to take flay over sakai though. what was he thinkin???

OfflineLiquidSmoke

#2683132 - 05/15/04 05:08 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

If you watch the old Iron Chef', they do that alot. Making ice cream out of sea food.

It's just something most Americans are ignorant about, being able to capture sweet flavors from things other than sugar-producing fruits.

I still think, comparing dishes and such, Sakai should've won that one.

--------------------

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

#2684467 - 05/15/04 10:54 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I think flay's food looked better to me. he had the advantage the japanese iron chefs had in japan, they new the tastes of the people they were cooking for. Flay's food is probably much more equable on the american palate. Thats who ur tryin to please in iron chef america :beer:

OfflineLiquidSmoke

#2684579 - 05/15/04 11:17 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Flay's dishes weren't even that well displayed.

His first entree plate is nothing different than how they served things at Bolo.

He also used the same stuffed corn-meal dish as last time with some slight changes in presentation.

His food is great, don't get me wrong. I just think the Americans were very ill-biased towards their fellow countryman.

--------------------

Edited by LiquidSmoke (05/15/04 11:24 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals