Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineanarchyhollow
Creator, DrugExploree

Loc: Heart
Shrooms, dreams, and the unconscious
    #2589330 - 04/21/04 11:17 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Shrooms, dreams, and the unconscious

I believe that shrooms, dreams, and the unconscious have great connections between them. About a month ago i bought the book 'Man and His Symbols' By Carl G. Jung, and 4 of his associates. It basically covers Carl G. Jungs life work on archetypes, dreams, symbolism, and the unconscious mind in great depth. I'm only half way through it, but i understand the basics, and a couple of other ideas presented in it. Soon after reading the first of five chapters in the 400 something page book, i tripped 5g of shrooms. While tripping, i noticed a lot of symbolism layed out in my visuals. Although i don't know what stands for what, because i don't study ancient symbols, stories, religion, or any of the sort, i do believe that they are actually collective symbols that remain in your unconscious.

Three mornings ago i was having a dream that i was sitting staring at a blank, white wall. A few moments later a square in the middle of the wall emerged with awesome designs (the exact same kind that you see while on shrooms). One moment after watching those designs, 4 other squares emerged, one on each corner and all 4 the same designs that were constantly morphing. Something made me awaken, so i lied there for a second in thought about the dream and quickly fell back asleep. I delved into another deep, symbolic, mushroom tied dream and i was experiencing this huge tree with no leaves (70 ft tall or so). After pretty much meditating on the tree, i experienced my heart (and possibly myself) as a twisted, colorful rope of energy flowing up through the middle of the tree and then spreading out the leafless branches. I again awoken for some reason, and could not get back to sleep. It all seemed to be the same type of direct experience you have on shrooms. I think i was dreaming of an archetype, because an archetype is a symbol but it also has feeling and experience to it.

All of this just went together perfectly in my mind, and it clicked. Everything i've said here i believe because i've experienced it directly. If i was a dream analyst, i could probably analyze all the symbols in the dreams and find something that was hiding in my unconcious for possibly years, maybe days. Just now, i remember a dream i had a couple weeks before that, when i experienced myself as a car door opening and something spilling out. I jolted awake and thought about how similar it was to what you experience on shrooms.

I'm a little high right now to be typing this, but i'll add if need necessary. :laugh: Peace (happy 4/21! :wink: )

--------------------
See, the shrooms explore me. They riddle my mind, they teach me the eternal with direct experience. My soul is one with existance.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMr_Gubjet

Loc: Infinitus Kosmos
Re: Shrooms, dreams, and the unconscious [Re: anarchyhollow]
    #2589809 - 04/22/04 02:28 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

How do you know that there is a different between unconsciousness, consciousness or subconsciousness?

It is all an illusion.

Offlineanarchyhollow
Creator, DrugExploree

Re: Shrooms, dreams, and the unconscious [Re: Mr_Gubjet]
    #2593567 - 04/23/04 01:22 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

How do you know it IS an illusion...hahaha, look at my empirical logic! Lol. I guess my ideas don't hold any water? Damn, i need to stop doin drugs :wink: Peace

--------------------
See, the shrooms explore me. They riddle my mind, they teach me the eternal with direct experience. My soul is one with existance.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #2593624 - 04/23/04 01:52 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Unconsciousness, consciousness and subconsciousness is the same thing?

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

InvisibleMr_Gubjet

Re: Shrooms, dreams, and the unconscious [Re: Jellric]
    #2593854 - 04/23/04 04:09 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Jellric said:
Unconsciousness, consciousness and subconsciousness is the same thing?

Yes, so too speak.

Offlineanarchyhollow
Creator, DrugExploree

#2593868 - 04/23/04 04:50 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

So, do you believe that a dream is a conscious act? It surely isn't an aware act (unless you're lucid at the time).

--------------------

InvisibleMr_Gubjet

#2593913 - 04/23/04 05:53 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Its just a natural state of the mind. The dream state.

Offlineanarchyhollow
Creator, DrugExploree

#2594752 - 04/23/04 12:23 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

What about Carl G. Jungs life work, and all of the dreams he's analyzed that showed proof?

--------------------

Offlinegotmagog
searching fortruth andlogic...

Loc: Europe
    #2595651 - 04/23/04 04:35 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Well, Jung's work is very controversial. I have read both positive and negative opinions about the influence it has on people's lives. So, as always, one should think for himself about the value of Jungian psychoanalysis and symbolism for himself.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder