Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pudge County, TX
Anybody wonder what happened to the Bong Appétit host from the first 2 seasons? * 1
    #25953289 - 04/24/19 05:46 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I don't know how many of y'all watch it, but I know some here do, and if you didn't already know you probably wondered what happened to Abdullah Saeed, the original host (the show has now moved to a competitive format with new host B-Real of Cypress Hill).

Well apparently he left on his own because of alleged rampant sexual harassment against the entire Vice brand -- along with Vice imposing an unconventional workplace agreement among employees.

Quote:

Abdullah Saeed, host of “Bong Appétit,” says he will no longer produce content for Vice Media in wake of the sexual harassment allegations against the company, and also appears to be upset over the company using his show as a justification for forcing employees to sign an unconventional workplace agreement.

Saeed made the announcement Wednesday night, saying “In light of recent reports, I will no longer produce content with Vice. My purpose is to explore cannabis and spread knowledge about substances that enlighten us, and I’ll continue that journey with likeminded entities.”

He’s referring to a Daily Beast article alleging Vice Media is a toxic environment rampant with sexual harassment.  It also claimed employees for the company are required to sign a “non-traditional workplace agreement,” which acknowledges employees may be exposed to highly controversial content which may be sexual, provocative or controversial.

Since the news broke, Vice said they have “immediately begun an investigation into this matter.”  They also said, “The nature of Vice’s content runs the gamut, from travelogues and news series to more provocative programming like our shows exploring drug culture, Weediquette and Bong Appétit. A non-traditional workplace agreement is often used by companies to certify employees’ comfort with content that could be considered edgy.”

In response, Saeed says “I don’t believe cannabis is a drug, nor would I characterize its study and advocacy as provocative.”

Saeed is the first major Vice personality to publicly respond since the news broke, and it’s also unclear how that will impact “Bong Appétit.”

https://theblast.com/viceland-bong-appetite-abdullah-saeed/

I just thought that either they decided to spice it up with a new host and format, or that maybe he had moved onto bigger projects for Vice. Had no clue he left on his own accord.

If they really do have widespread sexual harassment going on there, then I applaud him for taking a stand and willingly leaving what was probably a very cushy and well paying gig.

As of this article below from the New York Times, there had been four court settlements paid by Vice and upwards of 30 women who claimed that they were sexual harassed while working there. Just a quick Google search reveals the aftermath as several employees were fired, the digital chief fired, and the president of the company had to turn in his resignation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/23/business/media/vice-sexual-harassment.html

--------------------
Aka Pudge (the real one, not the bitch ass fake one from 2020)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: Anybody wonder what happened to the Bong Appétit host from the first 2 seasons? [Re: Nifflerz]
    #25953308 - 04/24/19 05:56 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

So what's up with these power dudes high up the food chain in these massively successful brands using their power for shit like this? Like Matt Lauer (former NBC mega anchor), Les Moonves (former CBS president and one of the most powerful people in television during his career), Harvey Weinstein (one of the most powerful producers in Hollywood during his career), former Minnesota senator Al Franken, now the douchebags at Vice...and the list is endless.

You sleazy motherfuckers were all uber wealthy and successful -- could you not get pussy on your own? What the fuck? I don't get it.

--------------------

Offlineichugwindex
Dex
Female User Gallery

Loc: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Re: Anybody wonder what happened to the Bong Appétit host from the first 2 seasons? [Re: Nifflerz] * 3
    #25953333 - 04/24/19 06:08 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

My guess is all the power goes to their heads and that makes them think the rules don't apply to them. That coupled with the fact that only way to get to the top of these "food chains" you are pretty much required to be an immoral sociopath.

--------------------
Only hope can give rise to the emotion we call despair. But it is nearly impossible for a man to try to live without hope, so I guess that leaves Man no choice but to walk around with despair as his companion.

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: Anybody wonder what happened to the Bong Appétit host from the first 2 seasons? [Re: ichugwindex]
    #25953335 - 04/24/19 06:09 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ichugwindex said:
That coupled with the fact that only way to get to the top of these "food chains" you are pretty much required to be an immoral sociopath.

:lol: good point

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Anybody wonder what happened to the Bong Appétit host from the first 2 seasons? [Re: Nifflerz] * 1
    #25953370 - 04/24/19 06:26 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Power corrupts man :shrug:

They get high off that power to control/influence people. That simple. We are moving into an age of disclosure so they types of people are getting caught for what they did.

U watching the new Bong Apetité? Im loving it! Cooking competition meets weed infusions. Hell yeah :vaped:

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: Anybody wonder what happened to the Bong Appétit host from the first 2 seasons? [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #25953383 - 04/24/19 06:30 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:

U watching the new Bong Apetité? Im loving it! Cooking competition meets weed infusions. Hell yeah :vaped:

Yep I'm on the...3rd episode I think? I just finished the one with the dude who was on the Sopranos. Lol he was pissed when he lost. He wouldn't even go up and sit with them.

The next one on my DVR is the one with Wiz Khalifa

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Anybody wonder what happened to the Bong Appétit host from the first 2 seasons? [Re: Nifflerz] * 1
    #25953520 - 04/24/19 07:37 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

That episode cracked me up :lol: Walked away all butthurt :datass:

This new season is one of the best concepts Ive ever seen. I love it.

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: Anybody wonder what happened to the Bong Appétit host from the first 2 seasons? [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #25953554 - 04/24/19 07:54 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
That episode cracked me up :lol: Walked away all butthurt :datass:

Lmao

I mean honestly while I was watching I was guessing that he was going to lose every phase...now yeah all the food looked really good from all three of the chefs, but his seemed pretty basic compared to the other two. He went with safe, routine dishes. The other two were a lot more exotic and that's normally what's going to win in a cook off.

He said he wanted to throw them off the balcony :lol:

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:

This new season is one of the best concepts Ive ever seen. I love it.

Yeah it's cool. I still really liked the original format too, but this is fun too. I spent this past Saturday day tripping and I watched the first two episodes and had a really good time watching them :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25953565 - 04/24/19 08:01 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, that dude gave me that mafia feel for sure.

The old format was definitely cool too. I only watched a few, but really enjoyed them. I gotta go back and rewatch all those episodes i missed.

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

#25953572 - 04/24/19 08:10 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

damn they have the first full episode up on youtube

and that janine booth chick is :thatsayes:

--------------------

Edited by Nifflerz (04/24/19 08:12 PM)

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: Anybody wonder what happened to the Bong Appétit host from the first 2 seasons? [Re: Nifflerz] * 2
    #25953581 - 04/24/19 08:18 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Oh and I can't forget Vanessa of course

--------------------

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Anybody wonder what happened to the Bong Appétit host from the first 2 seasons? [Re: Nifflerz]
    #25953616 - 04/24/19 08:41 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Lady chefs for the Win :awesome:

InvisibleCowb0yNeal00
Other

#25954316 - 04/25/19 08:52 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Nope, just you buddy. :smugjerry:

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: Anybody wonder what happened to the Bong Appétit host from the first 2 seasons? [Re: Cowb0yNeal00] * 1
    #25954340 - 04/25/19 09:14 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Cowb0yNeal00 said:
Nope, just you buddy. :smugjerry:

Hi Neal

:barbershreds:

--------------------

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: Anybody wonder what happened to the Bong Appétit host from the first 2 seasons? [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #25956446 - 04/26/19 09:39 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Power also corrupts the ones that don't have it and want it, and they will do anything to powerful people to knock them down, thereby gaining whatever crumbs of power they can as well. Plus the really rich people are usually shitty, at least the ones reported in the media. I have known really rich people in real life, they are usually out of touch with reality. At least the reality I live in which was poor.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order