Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineZounds

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona
Re: kick ass movie "american beauty"
    #259485 - 07/13/00 11:43 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Fuck yeah, this movie kicks ass. I'd say it's the best movie in the last two years.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
Re: kick ass movie "american beauty" [Re: Zounds]
    #259487 - 07/13/00 12:44 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Excellent movie. I wish you started this thread in the Media Room. If you haven't checked it out yet, you should.(The Media Room that is)

------------------
What does it all mean?

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinepsykee
old hand
    #259488 - 07/13/00 01:19 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

this was one of the most beautiful and well crafted movies i have ever seen, although i am not sure i could have dealt with it while fucked up...it might have messed with my head a little too much. anyway, i think that it has so effect, there isnt much reason to be on drugs while watching it...but, to each his own.

--------------------
i like poo

InvisibleFrozenHappiness
Professional Cereal Box

Loc: Nagoon Lagoon
    #259489 - 07/13/00 02:08 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Damn right, this movie definatly had its shit together, most artistic movie ive seen ever.

--------------------

Offlinecrispy
enthusiast
    #259490 - 07/13/00 03:11 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Damn good flick. Grabs you at the beginning and holds your attention throughout the film. Any one remember how much cash that herb cost? It was something astronomical :frown:.

Anonymous

#259491 - 07/13/00 03:21 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

As soon as I saw American Beauty it was instantly my favorite movie of all time, one of the most artistic films I've seen, if not the most. I've never seen a director take so much time incorporating so much symbolism, I thought the red flowers in the background of every scene with the American Pie girl in was simply brilliant. I'm kinda bias though cause I've loved Keven Spacey ever since Usual Suspects.

Anonymous

#259492 - 07/13/00 04:55 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

yea, this is defintely one movie that doesnt need to be watched while fucked up, altho thats just how it happened when i watched it.

also, that little herb that the kid sold to the guy, (looked about a 30 or 40 bag), cost him $2,000. that musta been some good fuckin herb ..

and he fronted it to him to! lucky bastard

anyways, there is so much to this movie that i fuckin love

peace

Anonymous

#259493 - 07/13/00 05:51 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Hmmm Doobie, maybe we need a big banner to advertise Media room...

Come to media room, its where the movie topics hang out...

Seriously the coolest room outside of off-topic.. Check it out people :smile:

Cheers,

Thor.

"Vote for Thor, my name rhymes with Whore."

InvisibleCaptain Jack
i [heart] you

#259494 - 07/15/00 10:23 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Moving from off topic to media room.

------------------
Punk as fuck...well, not really.
http://www.captainjackmusic.com/

--------------------
-
Captain Jack has been hailed as a brilliant scholar, discredited as a brilliant fraud, and mistaken for a much taller man on several occasions.

OfflineThe Reverend Freshmaker

#259495 - 07/15/00 10:28 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Did anyone notice that the guy who lived the way he wanted too ended up dead not even a year later???

If your idea of kicking ass is living in a loveless marriage with a daughter who hates you and just giving up on all of it for selfish purposes, well then I guess you deserve your life (and death)

Anonymous

#259496 - 07/15/00 10:57 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

"G13, genetically engineeredby the govt, $2000 for what looked like a couple grams)". And that movie does kick ass, a real statement.

Anonymous

#259497 - 07/15/00 08:31 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

The Reverend Freshmaker ,

dood, did u see the house that they lived in? all the shit that they had? that guy even had a decent job that supported the family and shit. i think he is allowed to live how he wants to if he has to go through all that bullshit

peace

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
    #259498 - 07/15/00 10:18 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

SPOILER

Freshmaker makes a point. We salute Spacey's character for deciding that he wants to live life on his terms. However, he did have responsibilities. He assumed tht just because he was ready to live life on his own terms that his family would share this enlightened view. Let's take a look at what he did. He quit his job and blackmailed his boss. Then, he decides that he deserves a classic sports car when he isn't making any signifigant income anymore. What about if his daughter wants to go to college? Wouldn't that have been more responsible and less selfish to put the money that he illegally blackmailed off his boss?

What noble and great acts did this guy really make? The movie is shown through his perspective so it really doesn't deal with these issues because the dude thought he was doing no wrong. But if you look at the cold facts of his actions, he doesn't seem so heroic.

------------------
What does it all mean?

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisibleneverwhere
Fenway Faithful

Loc: Boston
    #259499 - 07/15/00 10:50 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

american beauty is one of my favorite movies ever. i liked it even better the second time i saw it. it really broke barriers by portraying the dysfunctional side of the "american dream" life. it also makes you think of the beauty in the world, and how fleeting life can be.

yeah, freshmaker and doobie bring up a good point.
I guess he could be considered a hero to some because Spacey lived out the fantasy that to a certain extent we all carry. who wouldnt want to let loose, blackmail their boss, tell people (such as corrupt bosses and loveless spouses) to fuck off, and sit around smoking the best herb you can get while driving a nice new sportscar? it was a great feeling to watch him throw the asparagus at the wall and not take any shit from them.
but, he certainly didnt make some great choices. he did have responsibilities, like doob said. just because you have responsibilty doesnt mean you cant live life.

--------------------
"The United States is nation of laws; badly written and randomly enforced." -Frank Zappa

"If the police ever come knocking, I'm hiding my lava lamp before I hide my piece"-elsd

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom