Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous #1

libido gone from depression * 1
    #25947010 - 04/21/19 07:24 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

I’ve dealt with varying bouts of depression and now I fear that my sex drive is completely gone. I can’t remember the last time that I felt genuine sexual urge. I guess one silver-lining to being single with zero romantic possibilities is that I don’t have to worry about disappointing any partners. I’m not on meds nor am I taking anything. But my sex drive, sleep, and eating habits are all completely out of sack or nonexistent.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJewstress
Momma
I'm a teapot

Loc: everywhere.
Re: libido gone from depression [Re: Anonymous #1] * 1
    #25947026 - 04/21/19 07:42 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

How long has depression been an issue?  When did it start affecting your habits to the point that your libido is gone?

Do you know what your triggers are for your depression?

--------------------

😇

OfflineMorrigan
Dr. Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Bulgaria
    #25947027 - 04/21/19 07:42 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

.1- .3g dried psilocybe mushrooms very 3 days will lift your depression. The sex drive should come back.

Anonymous #2

Re: libido gone from depression [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #25947029 - 04/21/19 07:44 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Lack of sex drive is the one good thing about being depressed or on meds for me. :shrug:
I get a hard-on about twice a month, and I still consider myself too horny. :shrug:

OfflineJewstress
Momma
I'm a teapot

Loc: everywhere.
Re: libido gone from depression [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #25947031 - 04/21/19 07:47 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #2 said:
Lack of sex drive is the one good thing about being depressed or on meds for me. :shrug:
I get a hard-on about twice a month, and I still consider myself too horny. :shrug:

Intriguing.

Sex repulsion is typically a symptom of PTSD or child abuse... it can also stem many other things but those two are the typical pre-cursor.

Checking in, you ok friend?

--------------------

😇

Anonymous #2

Re: libido gone from depression [Re: Jewstress]
    #25947065 - 04/21/19 08:13 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, I have PTSD, BPD, bipolar, anxiety, general and social, depression, and probably some other mental illnesses present only in me. :lol: Still, I have perfectly valid (for me) explanations why I'm celibate.
Thanks, I'm fine as can be with my condition(s).

Anonymous #1

Re: libido gone from depression [Re: Jewstress]
    #25947071 - 04/21/19 08:16 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

I would say for the past 7 years my depression has really ramped up. My triggers are usually due to interpersonal relationships. Right now going through a lot of shit with my family, work has been stressful, and about a few months ago was rejected by a girl who I thought I had a connections with.

Anonymous #2

#25947079 - 04/21/19 08:24 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

SSRI or SNRI 's are where it's at man, they will make feel good enough not to care about little things. I've been rejecting them for years, now they saved my life I think they are awesome.

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
    #25947422 - 04/21/19 11:39 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #1 said:
I’ve dealt with varying bouts of depression and now I fear that my sex drive is completely gone. I can’t remember the last time that I felt genuine sexual urge. I guess one silver-lining to being single with zero romantic possibilities is that I don’t have to worry about disappointing any partners. I’m not on meds nor am I taking anything. But my sex drive, sleep, and eating habits are all completely out of sack or nonexistent.

Have you experimented with intense exercise? Best anti-depressant in the world.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Offlinedstark
Manifesting Minds
Male User Gallery

Re: libido gone from depression [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #25947491 - 04/21/19 12:14 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Jokeshopbeard said:
Quote:

Anonymous #1 said:

Have you experimented with intense exercise? Best anti-depressant in the world.

This what popped to my mind as well! Doing sport or even better a hobby that physically demanding like mountain biking.
Dont know the struggle personally but exercise does help people with low sexual drive (dont know about PTSD and depression tho).

--------------------
What is a mind, if not something to be messed with? What is consciousness, if not a state to be altered?

~I Feel
:mushroom2:
at Home~

Invisiblekoraks
Re: libido gone from depression [Re: Jewstress] * 1
    #25947663 - 04/21/19 02:06 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #2 said:
SSRI or SNRI 's are where it's at man, they will make feel good enough not to care about little things. I've been rejecting them for years, now they saved my life I think they are awesome.

Recent research on SSRI's isn't particularly positive on the effects with light and moderate depression, with only cases of heavy depression showing a demonstrable effect.

Quote:

Jewstress said:
Quote:

Anonymous #2 said:

Intriguing.

Sex repulsion is typically a symptom of PTSD or child abuse... it can also stem many other things but those two are the typical pre-cursor.

Checking in, you ok friend?

Reduced sex drive is a common phenomenon in depression and is not necessarily related to PTSD or abuse.

@OP odds are your sex dive will come back. If you're prone to experiencing periods of depression you'll find sex drive waxes and wanes. As you grow older, you learn to accept it and work on yourself and ride out the storm in bad times. Don't despair!

Anonymous #1

Re: libido gone from depression [Re: koraks] * 1
    #25947872 - 04/21/19 04:46 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

I’ve picked up boxing again and I do try to occupmyself but when alone late at night that’s when the demons are out in full force.

Anonymous #3

#25948237 - 04/21/19 08:54 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Exercise really helps.  It might take a little time but it does help. 

OfflineTripsten
Stranger

Re: libido gone from depression [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #25948791 - 04/22/19 09:05 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

I have the opposite problem, my libido shoots up when I’m depressed
Kind of a bad habit I formed as a teenager, but like I would get weird about it with a bunch of people to the point we’re like my body, obviously mostly my “area” , would be in some pretty honest pain,

As an answer tho I too would recommend some good physical exercise, and on the side may I reccomend daily Kegel exercises they are great for men and women,

I guess if you have a personal history of psychs helping you you can go that route but if not I wouldn’t do them while depressed

As for microdosing , I Only have once for like 2 days in a row and so lack the education and experience to really give my opinion on it

OfflineTripsten
Stranger

Re: libido gone from depression [Re: Tripsten]
    #25948792 - 04/22/19 09:05 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

One thing you want to be careful of for sure
Is to NOT form a masturbation addiction during this time
That’ll ruin your libido for a while and your sexual stamina mentally and physically

Anonymous #1

Re: libido gone from depression [Re: Tripsten]
    #25949248 - 04/22/19 02:40 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

I don’t have that problem I rarely masturbate maybe once every two months. What’s worse is that I don’t even have the interest. If I see a beautiful woman I don’t even make the effort to attempt any type of communication.

Anonymous #4

#25949510 - 04/22/19 05:59 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

I think you should check on the type of boxers you are wearing. Make sure they aren't squishing your beanbag.

Stop smoking Pot if you are.

Anonymous #5

Re: libido gone from depression [Re: Anonymous #1] * 2
    #25949518 - 04/22/19 06:07 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #1 said:
I don’t have that problem I rarely masturbate maybe once every two months. What’s worse is that I don’t even have the interest. If I see a beautiful woman I don’t even make the effort to attempt any type of communication.

Making this thread tells me that you are struggling from within perhaps but If you are ok with it, then stop measuring yourself against prefabricated ideas of normality.

If i dont have an interest in something i don't do it, no matter the societal pressures.

OfflineTripsten
Stranger

Re: libido gone from depression [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #25949548 - 04/22/19 06:23 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

This ^

Anonymous #1

Re: libido gone from depression [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #25952646 - 04/24/19 11:29 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

It’s gotten worse this week sleep is non-existent I either want to puke or empty my bowels. I can’t relax for even a minute without my mind going absolutely nuts.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom