Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinesycodelix
Honorable Golden Shellback
Male

Loc: Spokane, Washington
Denver Is About to Vote on Magic Mushrooms; What the Heck Are They? * 1
    #25944393 - 04/19/19 07:23 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

https://www.westword.com/news/everything-you-should-know-about-magic-mushrooms-ahead-of-denver-ballot-question-11311176

Denver Is About to Vote on Magic Mushrooms; What the Heck Are They?
CONOR MCCORMICK-CAVANAGH | APRIL 18, 2019 | 7:12AM
Facebook

Twitter

email

Print Article
AA
On May 7, Denver voters will decide on whether to decriminalize psychedelic mushrooms. What is this mysterious fungus, and how can you get your hands on it? Allow us to take you on a trip through mushroom legend and lore...

What are psychedelic mushrooms?

ADVERTISING

A fungus that produces a compound called psilocybin. When ingested, psilocybin mainly interacts with serotonin receptors in the brain, creating mind-altering effects. Magic mushrooms might give consumers a sense of openness or, as some describe it, a childlike curiosity. They’ve also been known to facilitate deeper connections to both nature and other people.

RELATED STORIES
How Psilocybin Advocates Grew Denver's Trippiest Ballot Initiative
Confusion Over Right to Survive Initiative Isn't Easily Put to Rest
Denver Mayoral Candidates on Major Issues Confronting the City
They can also cause negative emotions, like paranoia or anxiety. But proponents say that these symptoms could offer insight into one’s emotions and can even be cathartic.

Denver Is About to Vote on Magic Mushrooms; What the Heck Are They?
Anthony Camera
How do people grow them?

Psychedelic mushrooms have been federally illegal since 1970. But just because psilocybin is classified as a Schedule I drug doesn’t mean mushrooms have disappeared; they’ve simply gone underground.

Experienced users say magic mushrooms are simple to grow, and the spores are actually legal in all states but Georgia, California and Idaho. Coloradans can purchase spores online and start growing mushrooms themselves — illegally.

There are a variety of ways to grow mushrooms at home. Here’s one: Combine vermiculite with rice flour and a bit of water in a glass jar. Poke small holes in the lid of the jar and cover with foil. Sterilize the jar in a pressure cooker, then inject the psilocybin spores through the holes in the lid. Put the jar in a dark space and wait until the spores have fully colonized, which takes a few weeks. You’ll know it’s done when a white fluffy mass overtakes the inside of the jar.

Put the contents of the jar into a small glass aquarium. Keep humidity in the aquarium above 85 percent, make sure fresh air is flowing and expose the mound to some light. Sit back and let them grow.

How do you eat them?

IF YOU LIKE THIS STORY, CONSIDER SIGNING UP FOR OUR EMAIL NEWSLETTERS.
SHOW ME HOW
Fresh or dry. When the time feels right to expand your mind, you can break the mushrooms into pieces and eat them or just eat them whole. You can also eat them with food, like in a peanut butter and jelly sandwich or a smoothie, or brew them in a tea.

Newbies to mushrooms often complain of stomach issues. To avoid an upset stomach, run the mushrooms through a coffee grinder so that the fungus is broken down as much as possible before consumption. For those with particularly sensitive stomachs, drinking orange juice could help with digestion.

Micro or macro?

Some people like to macrodose mushrooms, meaning they consume larger quantities at once and trip.
Others prefer microdosing, ingesting smaller amounts more frequently so the experience is less intense. Users say that microdosing can combat depression, anxiety and ADD, stimulate creativity and increase productivity.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBarnaby
Interesting lifetime
Male

Re: Denver Is About to Vote on Magic Mushrooms; What the Heck Are They? [Re: sycodelix]
    #25944998 - 04/20/19 02:36 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Lead the way again Denver.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Denver Is About to Vote on Magic Mushrooms; What the Heck Are They? [Re: Barnaby]
    #25945186 - 04/20/19 06:50 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

For people who cant eat raw mushrooms, it should be emphasized to take it in tea (i know its mentioned) and not as capsules or anything with raw fungal material. When i first ate shrooms i was in alot of pain. But tea stopped all that

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineAeser
Conservative Hippy
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Denver Is About to Vote on Magic Mushrooms; What the Heck Are They? [Re: Fractal420] * 1
    #25945645 - 04/20/19 12:26 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

I do hope it passes but I also hope they are smart about it. Would be a shame for Denver to handle it wrong and create negative precedence when other states decide to vote. The first state to legalize will have to handle it correctly so other states aren't scared to consider it when it comes time for them voting... Unfortunately psychedelics aren't for everyone especially to people who may have psychological problems from the get go (this almost applies to any mind altering drug including alcohol). All it would take is a few people doing something stupid. Law enforcement finds it in there systems and it wont matter if they were intoxicated at the time or not. The crime would immediately be painted onto psychedelics. I can already see the headlines on NY times. "Magic Mushrooms can lead to Trafficking Heroin!" Lol sounds stupid but its happened in Europe when they accused mushrooms of being responsible for the owner murdering his dog. They don't bring up the fact or even entertain that maybe the dude was batshit to begin with.

--------------------
Anxiety is when your stuck in the future.
Depression is when your stuck in the past.
Happiness is when your stuck in the present.

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: Denver Is About to Vote on Magic Mushrooms; What the Heck Are They? [Re: Fractal420]
    #25945764 - 04/20/19 01:44 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Fractal420 said:
For people who cant eat raw mushrooms, it should be emphasized to take it in tea (i know its mentioned) and not as capsules or anything with raw fungal material. When i first ate shrooms i was in alot of pain. But tea stopped all that

Tea still fucks my stomach up.  It's really gotten me to stop taking mushrooms in general and switch to LSD.  Have a tea tek you like?  Wouldnt mind trying it.

InvisibleShenmue
Dark Lord of the Sith 
Re: Denver Is About to Vote on Magic Mushrooms; What the Heck Are They? [Re: PreparationH]
    #25945802 - 04/20/19 02:11 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

You can make a tincture with everclear 190. Do 2- 24 hour pulls then Evaporate it down so that 1cc=1g of mushrooms. This will fix your problem 😊👍.. Some people get sick from every psychedelic even LSD.

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Denver Is About to Vote on Magic Mushrooms; What the Heck Are They? [Re: PreparationH]
    #25945888 - 04/20/19 03:15 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

PreparationH said:
Quote:

Fractal420 said:

Tea still fucks my stomach up.  It's really gotten me to stop taking mushrooms in general and switch to LSD.  Have a tea tek you like?  Wouldnt mind trying it.

Ever try using ginger and or lemon in the tea? That can be great for upset stomaches in general. Also a tad of honey can be nice.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

OfflineMikeTesserect
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Denver Is About to Vote on Magic Mushrooms; What the Heck Are They? [Re: sycodelix]
    #25946973 - 04/21/19 07:00 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

I don't know but st anthonys fire anyone?

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#25947050 - 04/21/19 08:00 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

PreparationH said:
Quote:

Fractal420 said:

Are you boiling it for long enough? Cause tea stops the stomach pain for me, but i boil for 30 mins even an hour. The fungal matter is no longer raw but the psilo(s) are def in the water

If this was not the case i wouldnt be fucking with mushrooms at all. And actually LSD gives me headaches sometimes, particularly when its like 300ug coming up all at once. Usually subsides after i smoke, but then the trip goes nuts too. But yeah, if you make tea for just 5 mins to 15 like some recipes it might still be raw-ish

Stomach pain was a Huge problem for me, really couldnt enjoy eating shrooms. Would be so painful cant even focus on the trip. Making tea, oh and always using an infuser so that the mushrooms arent just floating around in there (prolly get some cooked spores but oh well, doesnt seem to matter), remove after 30-45 mins and drink tea. I also usually add a peppermint tea, doubt it changes anything. Sometimes i just like to taste the mushy tea on its own too

Try cooking for around that time and see if it helps with the stomach issues. From what i read, its related to chitin :shrug:

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Edited by Fractal420 (04/21/19 08:07 AM)

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Re: Denver Is About to Vote on Magic Mushrooms; What the Heck Are They? [Re: Fractal420]
    #25947971 - 04/21/19 05:56 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Hmm maybe that is the answer, I will give it a go soon and cook for 20+ minutes and toss the actual mushrooms

OfflineGrimTroll
Cultural Terrorist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #25948001 - 04/21/19 06:23 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

PreparationH said:
Quote:

Fractal420 said:

Take 2 gravol GINGER extract pills. works like a charm.

--------------------
Now pick me up night and whirlwind and let me ride with you to peace of mind and nothing to rebel...

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#25948660 - 04/22/19 06:12 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

PreparationH said:
Hmm maybe that is the answer, I will give it a go soon and cook for 20+ minutes and toss the actual mushrooms

If you dont toss the mushrooms, whats the point of tea?

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Offlinelowbrow
Paddy Time!!!!
Male

#25949375 - 04/22/19 04:02 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

I must say they’re description on cultivation was a little too on the money.

--------------------
Amanita86 said:
Sui is trying to mod right now.  Kinda like a newborn calf tryin ta stand fer the first time ain’t it..

OfflineMikeTesserect
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25949379 - 04/22/19 04:04 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

I think the point we are trying to make here is they are already available and we will handle this mushroom business ( underground!). it would even make the shroomery almost obsolete soooooo. tell them to grow corn. I doubt this would cause much influence anyways. they need to just stay the hell out of our business

Edited by MikeTesserect (04/22/19 04:07 PM)

Invisiblestubb
Dahg Rastubfari
 User Gallery

Loc: Memory Flag
Re: Denver Is About to Vote on Magic Mushrooms; What the Heck Are They? [Re: lowbrow] * 1
    #25949381 - 04/22/19 04:07 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Just got muh ballot:

Quote:

Shall the voters of the City and County of Denver adopt an ordinance to the Denver Revised Municipal Code that would make the personal use and person possession of psilocybin mushrooms by persons twenty-one (21) years of age and older the city's lowers law-enforcement priority, prohibit the city from spending resources to impose criminal penalties for the personal use and personal possession of psilocybin mushrooms by persons twenty-one (21) years of age and older, and establish the psilocybin mushroom policy review panel to assess and report on the effects of the ordinance?

:thumbup:

--------------------
:mushroomgrow:
🆃🄴🅰🄼  🅲🄻🅸🄽🅶🅆🆁🄰🅿

You wake up. The room is spinning very gently round your head. Or at least it would be if you could see it which you can't.
It is pitch black.

> TURN ON LIGHT

OfflineMikeTesserect
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Denver Is About to Vote on Magic Mushrooms; What the Heck Are They? [Re: stubb]
    #25949389 - 04/22/19 04:11 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

the stuff just isn't for everyone! decriminalize was my point

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Denver Is About to Vote on Magic Mushrooms; What the Heck Are They? [Re: MikeTesserect]
    #25950187 - 04/23/19 02:07 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Shroomery wouldnt be obsolete. Youd need to get good info somewhere and this is a large mush community. Just cause MJ is legal doesnt mean you dont need to learn how to grow it. Sure, you can take pay for psilo growing classes lol, which im sure will exist if denver does legalize mushrooms. Its a reality i really do wanna see. If one city does this, could have a great effect

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Offlinegoffa
Confused Individual

#25952878 - 04/24/19 01:33 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Fractal420 said:
Shroomery wouldnt be obsolete. Youd need to get good info somewhere and this is a large mush community. Just cause MJ is legal doesnt mean you dont need to learn how to grow it. Sure, you can take pay for psilo growing classes lol, which im sure will exist if denver does legalize mushrooms. Its a reality i really do wanna see. If one city does this, could have a great effect

I agree. There are plenty of legal hobbies with online communities. I'm a drummer, drums are legal, and I hang out on drum forums too. :smile:

--------------------
¡uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ɯ,I 'ǝɯ dlǝH

OfflineShiVersblood
VAmPiRES HELLA ❤
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: United States of America Flag
Re: Denver Is About to Vote on Magic Mushrooms; What the Heck Are They? [Re: goffa]
    #25952996 - 04/24/19 02:40 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I want recreational shrooms. Skip the decriminalizing and go right for the recreational. Make shroom shops, or sell them at marijuana shops.

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Re: Denver Is About to Vote on Magic Mushrooms; What the Heck Are They? [Re: ShiVersblood]
    #25953180 - 04/24/19 04:28 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

You KNOW we will watch retarded Americans kill themselves, others, jump from buildings etc.  I'm down though, thin the herd of morons and we're good moving forward.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck