Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Ever meet a crazy person?
    #2593405 - 04/23/04 12:26 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I was pumping gas today and the guy who was at the pump next to me started to talk to me. Instead of shying away from a conversation with a stanger, in which I normally do, I decided to talk with him.

He was a guy who was middled aged, I would guess in his early 40's, average heigth, a little bit on the heavy side, and carried a cheerful expresion on his face. He had one of thoes hair-dos in which bald people try to come the hair over the top of their head from the side. It's like he was trying to give his head some amount of dignity by trying to compensate for his baldness with a few random strans of hair over the top of his scalp.

He was pleasent at first, but after some initial small talk, he started to say some wierd ass shit to me. The funny thing is he acted like what he was saying to me was like every day conversation, like "It sure is a nice day out."

He paused for a few seconds to check how much gas he pumped then looked over to me and said, "I don't know how the hell I'm going to pay for this gas. It's so damn expensive now-a-days. Wish I had some extra cash in my pocket." I shot a chuckle back at him and said "Don't we all." He paused for a few seconds and then asked if I had any spare cash in my pocket. I started to panic thinking that this dude was going to try and mug me. I told him that all the cash I had was going to filling up my gas tank. He chuckled and said, "I don't know how the hell I'm going to pay for this gas. It's so damn expensive now-a-days. Wish I had some extra cash in my pocket." I was like WTF, didn't he just say the same thing a minute back. I don't respond to him and he says the same thing to me again, "I don't know how the hell I'm going to pay for this gas. It's so damn expensive now-a-days. Wish I had some extra cash in my pocket."

I start to get really freaked out now and try to asses the situation and look for an escape route because I'm sure I'm going to get mugged any second now. A car pulls into the gas station and pulls into the pump behind this crazy dude. I'm relieved to see another person. I hope that the prescence of a third party will compromise whatever plans he had.

A woman gets out of the car and starts pumping gas. The guy looks over to the lady and says hi. She says hi back and then he says to her, "This guy over here next to me has a nice car don't you think?" The lady is startled by his question and takes a few seconds to ponder what he asked. "Yeah it's a pretty nice truck I guess." "Sure is!", the guy says back. By this time I don't know what the hell to think.

I finish pumping gas and avoid making eye contact with the guy and try to make a b-line to the cleark. He stops me with a question after only 10 steps. "So, do you think 22.32 will be enough to fill up your truck?" I say that I'm pretty sure that it will and continue to walk on.

I get to the clearks counter and pay. I decided not to say anything about the guy at the pump. I just wanted to pay and get the hell out of there. I return to my car then guys still acting like he's pumping gas but it clear that he's not, the meter read something like $4.76. He asks me, "So you're all paid up, huh?" I say "yep" and open the driver side door. As I'm about to shut the door he asks, "Hey, you wouldn't know a doctor I could visit to clear up the zits I have all over my back would you?" I don't even respond to him, I just shit the door and start the engine and took off.

The rest of my ride home I was constantly looking in my rear view mirror for him. He had me wigged out big time. When I got home I sat in my living room for a good two hours with a BB gun just to make sure this guy wasn't going to try coming to my house.

Thankfully he never showed up, but I'm still a little bit freaked out about it. It was definatly one of the stangest experiences I ever had.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
Re: Ever meet a crazy person? [Re: djd586]
    #2593484 - 04/23/04 12:48 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I was in the library and some poor chinese guy I guess studied too hard too long or something because he had clearly gone completely insane. He was wandering around aimlessly swatting at imaginary flies and muttering to himself 'no I cant do that' or something. Almost walked into a wall, then he stumbled away somewhere. Really freaked me out.

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #2593494 - 04/23/04 12:51 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

That's pretty crazy man.

And yes, I have met a crazy person...
A very long time ago, when I was probably 6 or 7 or so. I was going to the pool with my mom and sister. This old lady, in a nun costume walked infront of us. And she started saying all this weird shit, and was trying to cast spells on us. My mom shoved her out of the way, and we got to the pool. We encountered her a few times actually, and we now refer to her as "the crazy nun lady", although I haven't seen her in quite a while.

OfflineJameZTheNewbie
The Mahatma OfZalu

Loc: pass the gates of hell 2 ...
Re: Ever meet a crazy person? [Re: bert]
    #2593508 - 04/23/04 12:58 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

bert he was probaly wondering around in a different reality swatting maybe he was about to come up with something important haha.

that guy does sound a little wack i would have been scared too. BB gun was a good idea.

--------------------
Mice have feelings

InvisibleArrakis
PsilocybinPsycho

#2593513 - 04/23/04 12:59 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

:lol:
Yeah, I know a couple of crazy people.  Many tell me that I'm psychotic, and I realize that I am, but I'm not "batshit insane".  Anyways, there's this guy that my friends and I laugh at all the time, and he is fucking insane.  He still lives with his parents, and he's over 40 years old.  He just stands outside all the time mumbling about crazy shit.  One time that we walked over there to bum some smokes, and after we got some he said, "You guys see them 9' centipedes and shit?".  I looked at his face and saw that he was fucking serious.  We laughed, and walked away while he was mumbling to himself.  He's pretty harmless, and we fuck with him sometimes, but it's all in good fun (to us).

But yeah, crazy people aren't uncommon around my area.  Hell, if you want crazy fuckers, just go to a retirement home.  I remember a couple of times while we were visiting one of my friends' mom at one.  We walked to her room, and on the way, some old crazy lady came up to my other friend, J, and just started saying "I don't know what to do." over & over.  My friend laughed, and pointed to me (I wasn't paying attention to the old lady), he says to her "He can help you.  He knows what to do.".  Well of course then she starts asking me what to do, and I freak out and say "I've got to go beat some baby seals over the head," and we walked away from her.  Then there was this other lady who would just moan for no apparent reason.  One could walk by her room, see an old woman on her bed, and hear "zombie-like" moans coming from her.  Now, THAT was freaky. 

So yeah, crazy people are all around! :thumbup: :beer:

--------------------
Funniest shit I've read in a while:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=886829&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart

"He who controls the spice controls the universe!"

Anonymous

#2593606 - 04/23/04 01:42 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I met some crazy people while I was in the psychward, but I guess that's no shocker. This one old lady was completely gone. I don't even think she could talk or form sentences. She would just cry and it sounded exactly like a crying baby. This other dude would always be mumbling and whispering something to himself. He told me once out of the blue that if you smoke weed with other guys then you will turn gay.

One time at school I was just waiting by the doors for my ride and some guy walks by and as he opens the door, he stops, looks at me and screams "THE SKY IS BLUE!!!" and then walks away. My sister and I just crack up.

InvisibleHallucinogen
Raoul Duke

Loc: Amsterdam
    #2593617 - 04/23/04 01:49 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

:lol: thats some funny ass shit, I'd kung fu his ass.

--------------------
Substrate + jars = $20
Magic Mushroom spores = $12
Growing your own Magic Mushrooms = Priceless

OfflineLikwidDrawp
Dance EnergyConjuror

#2593668 - 04/23/04 02:20 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Crazies?

Well I used to ride the public transportation bus number 9 to school.  there is a homeless crazy person shelter on this line.  So, it was like the magic tri-met bus for the years that I rode it daily.

I never saw more than 3 at a time but there about 10 crazies on that bus.  Most notably the old feller that would always walk to the back of the bus and front of the bus then stand infront of the yellow line... then do it over and over til he got off. 

Also the older asian fella that has a pissed look on his face yet full of doubt.  He liked to put almost enough money in the change eater- every time.

the rest of them just rocked or stared or tweaked...  most of them stank like crazy old homeless people.

im not even going into care home lockdown facility experiences. :frown:

--------------------

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Loc: Ice patches that last for...
Re: Ever meet a crazy person? [Re: LikwidDrawp]
    #2593731 - 04/23/04 03:05 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

haha man those are some crazy stories. Very amusing.

Back when I was a kid, at my neighbourhood convienence store, me and a friend met this crazy dude. We always hung out at this place(30 second walk away from where we lived). And one day, while we are sitting on our bikes talking, this guy who came walking from who knows where,comes up to us and says in a drugged out voice, "bettzy detzy has my coffee scoop, why'd you run over the hill?". And he just kept repeating "why'd you run over the hill?" After like 3 or 4 times I say, "I don't know betty and I don't know what you are talking about. Maybe that guy knows over there" - and I pointed to a guy pumping gas at the store. Sure enough, he went over there and started talking to him.

It sure sent my head for a loop. I shook my head at that one.

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2593746 - 04/23/04 03:13 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Edit : cause it was too big for the thread

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Edited by Ripple (04/25/04 06:53 AM)

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Loc: Ice patches that last for...
Re: Ever meet a crazy person? [Re: daba]
    #2593814 - 04/23/04 03:38 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

American?

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Ever meet a crazy person? [Re: Spooge]
    #2593859 - 04/23/04 04:22 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Berkeley

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2593864 - 04/23/04 04:41 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Why didn'tcha help a man out and give me the money to pump my gas, bitch!??! I stood there aawl dayyummn daaay loowwang motherfucker!

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2594267 - 04/23/04 09:34 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Crazy is a funny term. I suppose I've been called crazy enough in the past. And when I went inpatient I saw people who were troubled and needed help, but I don't know...I didn't see them as crazy. Probably because I was stuck there too, heh.

The 'weirdest' thing I've ever seen, was when I was in Washington DC and there was this lady walking around with a cart full of cans, old clothing, books, TONS of stuff. She walked right by me on the sidewalk, and just as she walked by I could hear her whispering, "Just ask her if she wants to get it..." repeating herself over and over. I presumed that she meant me, so I just kept walking.

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
    #2597208 - 04/24/04 02:59 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Well bieng in the crazy house was probly my highest consentration of crazy people, but downtown austin, especially during a festival is pretty high up there.
For example last week at marley fest. I and my friends were sitting on a wall near the back ogeling the numerous kegs bieng unloaded.    When this old dude walks up. "I must be out of my mind, or tripping or something, because i swear to god there was a payphone right here at the last one of these"
i nod and go on about my buisness, when he starts up again.
"man i need to bring my buffer out here and buff some of these trees, put a nice shine on em"      Me and D********  just busted out lauphing.
austin is filled with crazy fuckers, and the festivals draw draw them like flys. Throw enouph alchohol, and drugs to supply a small army and shit gets interesting.

Like at eeyores 2 years ago when i was in the midst of an ego death on mushrooms coming across Lesley the town Homeless transvestite/millionair politician.  Imagine a hairy caveman in a bright pink-zebrastriped bikini on a head full of shrooms.  :nut:

--------------------

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2597487 - 04/24/04 09:06 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Funy stories...
But I dont think I can get myself to laugh at a crazy person. It must be the most painfull way to live, well at least in the case of the people who are crazy in the way that they wail away in pain, moaning out load rocking back and forth all day every day of their lives... sane people should feel so lucky they dont go through that. I dont know for sure, but I think I might be psychotic in some minoric way... based on peoples reactions to me... just small things like I might say too much and people will be ignoring it or whatever... makes me think I'm crazy, but I dont know... it might just be paranoia. In any case, insanity is my biggest fear, its like my phobia if I can call it that.

Any way, I've seen a number of batshit insane people, like one's that walk around mumbling to themselves or talking utter nonsense. No special stories that are worth telling though.

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Offlinemockeylock
head
 User Gallery

Re: Ever meet a crazy person? [Re: filthysock]
    #2597560 - 04/24/04 09:54 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

One time I was working in a grocery store talking to some friends/coworkers when this lady comes walking around calling her daughter's name looking for her. And then all of a sudden she freaks. She starts yelling to everybody that we had her daughter in the back of the store. She says, "I saw them talking and laughing!"
So I go to try and calm this woman down as she walks all the way to the front of the store when this girl walks out from behind the magazine rack. "I'm right here mom!" Wow.

--------------------

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #2597656 - 04/24/04 10:50 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Ever walk the streets of Manhattan......one out of every five people is crazy!

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

InvisibleComfortably_Numb
FriendlyStranger
 User Gallery
Loc: Here (not everywhere)
Re: Ever meet a crazy person? [Re: filthysock]
    #2598550 - 04/24/04 04:36 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

filthysock said:
Funy stories...
But I dont think I can get myself to laugh at a crazy person. It must be the most painfull way to live, well at least in the case of the people who are crazy in the way that they wail away in pain, moaning out load rocking back and forth all day every day of their lives... sane people should feel so lucky they dont go through that. I dont know for sure, but I think I might be psychotic in some minoric way... based on peoples reactions to me... just small things like I might say too much and people will be ignoring it or whatever... makes me think I'm crazy, but I dont know... it might just be paranoia. In any case, insanity is my biggest fear, its like my phobia if I can call it that.

I feel the same way. I sometimes think people react differently to me as well, but I'm sure it's just paranoia. I've slowed down on smoking weed and it seems to be getting a little better.

OfflineMuppet Happy Birthday!
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (523) 327-2836
Re: Ever meet a crazy person? *DELETED* [Re: daba]
    #2598632 - 04/24/04 05:26 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by Ripple

--------------------

:craven:  Ravings of a Madman  :craven:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag