Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleNyla
Stranger

Loc: United States Flag
Microdosing Shrooms * 4
    #25936948 - 04/15/19 10:05 PM (9 days, 15 hours ago)

About a year ago, I came across a video about microdosing. Just so you know, I am a middle-aged woman with no prior experience with shrooms at all.

Here's my story: I had been suffering from depression and anxiety for years. I had cut myself off from almost everyone in my life, including close family. Going anywhere in public was difficult. I had to force myself to go out to buy groceries. I spent years playing an online game. My social experiences were done online through this game I was using to escape from my real life. It is hard to admit that, even anonymously. I wanted to try microdosing, but knew there was no way for me to get shrooms, so I researched how to grow my own. After my first grow, I decided to try a strong dose to experience it at least once. I made a tea with some fresh ones, and ate some aborts. It was amazing. I was shocked by how strong it was. Not only did I have visuals, sounds were very distorted. At one point I was actually laughing out loud for what felt like hours. I hadn't been that happy in so long.

After the trip experience, I started taking .2g every other day. For a few weeks, I couldn't tell if it was helping at all. I remember thinking it was all bs, and wishing I hadn't thought it would help. I decided to keep doing it at least until I ran out. It has been around three months of microdosing now. I started noticing small things after about six weeks. I had some family come in, and while they were here, I was actually engaged in the moment while speaking with them, and I talked so much more than I normally would. We all had fun together for the first time in years. That game I had been so obsessed with, I started logging in to it less and less. The last time I was on it, I realized it was not fun anymore for me. I made my neighbors some candy and took it to them in cute little gift boxes. They were SHOCKED! I have always been the keep to myself recluse in my neighborhood. It was so funny to see their facial expressions, but they were so happy I did it. I talk and joke with cashiers and random people. I care about my home again and began remodeling. I feel like I have came out of a shell.

I wanted to post this just in case anyone tried microdosing, and it didn't work at first. Don't give up. You might just be a tough case like I was. I do also take a high quality CBD oil for arthritis, so maybe it mixed with the shrooms is a good combination for the problems I was having.

Thank you all for the great growing information on this site. You have helped me tremendously.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBondobih
Porkchop
Loc: FL
Re: Microdosing Shrooms [Re: Nyla]
    #25936969 - 04/15/19 10:14 PM (9 days, 15 hours ago)

Can't help but smile when reading this post. So happy for you!

OfflineShr00mEater
Stranger
Re: Microdosing Shrooms [Re: Bondobih]
    #25936978 - 04/15/19 10:22 PM (9 days, 15 hours ago)

Awesome!

Offlinemaquis
perpetual novice
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Delta quadrant
Re: Microdosing Shrooms [Re: Shr00mEater]
    #25937036 - 04/15/19 10:59 PM (9 days, 14 hours ago)

I'm so glad you found an antidote for your depression and anxiety. It's truly amazing how shrooms are able to rewire your brain and help you break out of deeply ingrained ways of thinking.

OfflineHamHead
Male

Loc: Galactic sector ZZ9 Plura...
Re: Microdosing Shrooms [Re: maquis]
    #25937060 - 04/15/19 11:15 PM (9 days, 14 hours ago)

:thumbsup:

Good read!

You probably had some afterglow effects for those weeks after your big experience, which may be why you didn't feel like you were getting anything from microdoses.

--------------------
Rebelutionsssss said:
The mushroom skull fuck you or what bro :lol: don't worry in a month you'll be posting another thread just like this

InvisiblePsicomvb
Birdseed for brains
Male User Gallery

#25937080 - 04/15/19 11:23 PM (9 days, 14 hours ago)

Thank you for your thoughtful post about microdosing.  I am reslly glad it has been so positive for you. 

I have given one half-assed attempt at micro dosing but my doubts about it and pessimism deterred me from committing.  I find my medium to higher doses to be a cathartic release but the shift in thinking doesn't last more than a week or so and I revert back to depression and anxiety quickly.

this is really inspiring and I applaud you for being so transparent about the whole process, from years of feeling awful to your new, exciting life

--------------------
:rocket: ...and life ain't good without cigarettes :rocket:

OfflineStoneJackBaller
ObscuredByClouds
Male

Loc: tumbled down shack Flag
Re: Microdosing Shrooms [Re: Psicomvb]
    #25937116 - 04/15/19 11:53 PM (9 days, 13 hours ago)

We move forward...beautiful, lots of life to live out there now.  Thank you.

Offlinespiritus silvam
Stranger
Female

Loc: Italy Flag
    #25937702 - 04/16/19 10:46 AM (9 days, 2 hours ago)

I'm so happy for you and thank you for sharing your story. We are such a varied group and personally I've found everyone here so kind. I'm also a middle-aged woman who's just found psychedelics! A toast to your onward journey!

I have a touch of arthritis. How are you finding the CBD oil?

Edited by spiritus silvam (04/16/19 10:49 AM)

OnlineNOUS333
Stranger Than You
I'm a teapot

Re: Microdosing Shrooms [Re: spiritus silvam]
    #25937804 - 04/16/19 12:13 PM (9 days, 1 hour ago)

OP, are you still taking only .2 every other day?

I think I may try this.

InvisibleNyla
Stranger

Re: Microdosing Shrooms [Re: spiritus silvam]
    #25938135 - 04/16/19 04:10 PM (8 days, 21 hours ago)

Thanks for the encouragement. Before I was taking the CBD oil, I was having to take as much Tylenol and Aleve as allowed every day. My doc said the next step would be injections and physical therapy. I wasn't ready for that, and even with my insurance, it would cost a fortune. Now I only take Tylenol occasionally. Maybe one dose a week. I have moderately severe osteoarthritis, so if you only have a touch of arthritis, it would probably work great. It is a bit expensive for the high quality CBD, but you can usually find promotional codes if you buy it online.

Oh, and I do still take the .2g every other day. I would like to try another high dose again soon. It was fun :mushroom2:

Edited by Nyla (04/16/19 04:13 PM)

OnlineNOUS333
Stranger Than You
I'm a teapot

#25938231 - 04/16/19 04:59 PM (8 days, 20 hours ago)

Quote:

Nyla said:
Thanks for the encouragement. Before I was taking the CBD oil, I was having to take as much Tylenol and Aleve as allowed every day. My doc said the next step would be injections and physical therapy. I wasn't ready for that, and even with my insurance, it would cost a fortune. Now I only take Tylenol occasionally. Maybe one dose a week. I have moderately severe osteoarthritis, so if you only have a touch of arthritis, it would probably work great. It is a bit expensive for the high quality CBD, but you can usually find promotional codes if you buy it online.

Oh, and I do still take the .2g every other day. I would like to try another high dose again soon. It was fun :mushroom2:

Do you take it in morning or at night?

InvisibleNyla
Stranger

Re: Microdosing Shrooms [Re: NOUS333]
    #25938278 - 04/16/19 05:24 PM (8 days, 20 hours ago)

I take it in the mornings. I did buy a capsule filling machine. I grind my dried mushrooms to a powder, then I put it in the 00 capsules. It makes it so much easier to take them if you don't enjoy the taste.

OfflineStoneJackBaller
ObscuredByClouds
Male

Loc: tumbled down shack Flag
    #25938564 - 04/16/19 08:01 PM (8 days, 17 hours ago)

A good trip to reset is also a good thing for me.

Tripping now and hard to type. Rush2112 is currently beautiful.  Hard to type but sending good vibes all way to all tonight.  Perpetual smile

OnlineNOUS333
Stranger Than You
I'm a teapot

Re: Microdosing Shrooms [Re: StoneJackBaller]
    #25939421 - 04/17/19 08:57 AM (8 days, 4 hours ago)

Welp.  Just swallowed down .15  lets see how this handles.

I was gonna do .2 but im nervous about my pupils dialating.

Invisiblewatercolors
Stranger
Female User Gallery
    #25939482 - 04/17/19 09:44 AM (8 days, 4 hours ago)

I love your story. Thank you so much for sharing it here. I'm a woman in my mid 60s, with only a couple of very light shroom experiences in my past. I also recently ventured to grow my own, mainly to try microdosing, and so I take great interest in your experiences. I smile, reading of the joy you are finding.

--------------------

Everything old is noob again

Offlinespiritus silvam
Stranger
Female

Loc: Italy Flag
Re: Microdosing Shrooms [Re: watercolors]
    #25939517 - 04/17/19 10:22 AM (8 days, 3 hours ago)

Quote:

watercolors said:
I love your story. Thank you so much for sharing it here. I'm a woman in my mid 60s, with only a couple of very light shroom experiences in my past. I also recently ventured to grow my own, mainly to try microdosing, and so I take great interest in your experiences. I smile, reading of the joy you are finding.

Like I said; what a varied group we are! :heart:

OfflineVibe_Enthusiast
Mush Mash

#25940161 - 04/17/19 05:33 PM (7 days, 20 hours ago)

Quote:

NOUS333 said:

I've never had pupil dialation off an amount that little. But, were all different.

Offlineresponsible
Enthusiastic Noob
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Microdosing Shrooms [Re: Vibe_Enthusiast]
    #25940259 - 04/17/19 06:40 PM (7 days, 19 hours ago)

Hey Nyla - I just wanted to chime in with a big :thumbup: for your progress, and let you know that it sounds a lot like my own.

Like you, I've dealt with anxiety and depression.  In my case, I'd say varying between mild-moderate for both - not as crippling as yours, but it has definitely held back my personal development and my personal relationships.  And like you, I decided to take matters into my hands: about a year ago with CBD oil, and this year, with growing and microdosing shrooms.

Quote:

I talk and joke with cashiers and random people. I care about my home again and began remodeling. I feel like I have came out of a shell.

I can't believe how closely that matches my own experience.  For example, I just got done sanding and refinishing my deck, and my wife is shocked.  That may not sound like much to some folks, but for me, it's a definite change.  I'm motivated in ways that, really, I've never been before.

I've been doing 0.15-0.2g twice a week.  I'm less than a month into it, so I can't say if my results will stay consistent, but I'm VERY impressed with what it's done for me so far.

I haven't tried a moderate dose yet, though I do hope to enjoy (and learn from) a full trip soon.  But for now, the microdosing is doing everything I wanted it to do, and more.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Offlineresponsible
Enthusiastic Noob
Male

Loc: Flag
    #25940274 - 04/17/19 06:48 PM (7 days, 18 hours ago)

Quote:

NOUS333 said:

I'm a few weeks into microdosing, and have gone up to .2, with no noticeable dilation so far.

Invisiblewatercolors
Stranger
Female User Gallery
Re: Microdosing Shrooms [Re: responsible]
    #25940466 - 04/17/19 09:05 PM (7 days, 16 hours ago)

Quote:

responsible said:
I'm a few weeks into microdosing, and have gone up to .2, with no noticeable dilation so far.

I have gone as far as a mini-dose of 0.33g, as a social lubricant for an evening occasion. No noticeable dilation, and no noticable, or maybe negligible body load. It got me out of my own head, thinking less of how I am perceived by others, and more into just how interesting these other people are. Very nice.

--------------------

Everything old is noob again

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience