Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Amazon Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Injection Ports, San Pedro, Spawn Bags

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineHeadbandOG
Stranger
 User Gallery
Bought these spawn bags
    #25936839 - 04/15/19 09:06 PM (9 days, 17 hours ago)

So i bought 5 of these big spawn bags. What do you guys think is the best way to use them? Like 1 per shoebox or take 2-3 of them in a massive tub? Btw i am a noob when it comes to growing.. also currently got 20, 1/2 pint brf cakes going as well. Input is appreciated thanks.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesan pedro guy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Bought these spawn bags [Re: HeadbandOG] * 1
    #25936904 - 04/15/19 09:40 PM (9 days, 16 hours ago)

If you’re new I recommend going shoeboxes. It allows you to try different ratios of spawn and help you figure out field capacity. You can leave some alone, flip lids on others, dub tub and help you figure out what works best for you. I think environment plays a big role as far as temps, humidity and air flow. Just because it works for someone else may not be optimal for you.

Good luck and keep us updated on whatever you do!

Offlinegrowmore
up it goes
 User Gallery

Loc: Cow field
Re: Bought these spawn bags [Re: san pedro guy]
    #25936974 - 04/15/19 10:19 PM (9 days, 16 hours ago)

What do you plan to inoculate them with just curious.

--------------------
check my journal for my trade list

You see what you want to see not what it makes you see. I see said the blind man to the deaf women .

OfflineHeadbandOG
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Bought these spawn bags [Re: growmore]
    #25936981 - 04/15/19 10:22 PM (9 days, 16 hours ago)

Quote:

growmore said:
What do you plan to inoculate them with just curious.

Just inoculated 1 with Ecuador from a spore syringe, also got golden teacher and Amazonian

OfflineHeadbandOG
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25936984 - 04/15/19 10:23 PM (9 days, 16 hours ago)

Quote:

san pedro guy said:
If you’re new I recommend going shoeboxes. It allows you to try different ratios of spawn and help you figure out field capacity. You can leave some alone, flip lids on others, dub tub and help you figure out what works best for you. I think environment plays a big role as far as temps, humidity and air flow. Just because it works for someone else may not be optimal for you.

Good luck and keep us updated on whatever you do!

Alright thanks

Invisiblesh4d0ws
LSx
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Bought these spawn bags [Re: HeadbandOG]
    #25937107 - 04/15/19 11:47 PM (9 days, 14 hours ago)

It might work out (spores direct to grain) but if it doesn't you should look into agar and use agar to germinate spores and then agar wedges to inoculate an LC or the bag directly

OfflineHeadbandOG
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Bought these spawn bags [Re: sh4d0ws]
    #25937655 - 04/16/19 09:50 AM (9 days, 4 hours ago)

Quote:

sh4d0ws said:
It might work out (spores direct to grain) but if it doesn't you should look into agar and use agar to germinate spores and then agar wedges to inoculate an LC or the bag directly

Ok ill have to do some research cause im not sure sure that is

OfflineShaperDreaming
Weirdo
Female User Gallery

Loc: United States Flag
Re: Bought these spawn bags [Re: sh4d0ws]
    #25938118 - 04/16/19 04:03 PM (8 days, 22 hours ago)

First off, if you're doing shoeboxes that one bag will likely be 2-4 shoeboxes worth of spawn. You only need 1-2 myco quarts of spawn per shoebox. So if you're going shoeboxes break it up when you spawn it. I would say 2 bags per monotub if you want to go that route.

Quote:

sh4d0ws said:

Nah, you can't do that with these bags. They're sold to noobs as injectable straight with spores (they're a vendor if I'm guessing right). You can see the black injection port for inoculation. The tops are sealed, so the OP would have to cut them open, have a SAB, etc. Best just to make your own if you have to go through all that mess.

I bought these when I was starting out. They were great at teaching me that I needed to sterilize my grains myself and start with agar. Every bag was bacterial and it was one flush and dump from them (well... I got partial second flushes that were outrunning contam).

Quote:

HeadbandOG said:
also currently got 20, 1/2 pint brf cakes going as well. Input is appreciated thanks.

I missed this. If you're looking for what to do and want to practice bulk you can check out this thread for BRF->Bulk shredding. It's how I got started, and I had decent results. You'll likely want to move up to grains from there.

--------------------

Bacterial Hands

Edited by ShaperDreaming (04/16/19 04:06 PM)

OfflineHeadbandOG
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25941729 - 04/18/19 04:26 PM (6 days, 22 hours ago)

Curious, why wouldn't spore work for these spawn bags? They have an inoculation port and are sold advertising that they are made for spore syringes. I put like 5ml of spores in it and shook it up hoping to get multiple colonization sites

Edited by HeadbandOG (04/18/19 04:28 PM)

OfflineShaperDreaming
Weirdo
Female User Gallery

Re: Bought these spawn bags [Re: HeadbandOG]
    #25941758 - 04/18/19 04:50 PM (6 days, 21 hours ago)

Quote:

HeadbandOG said:
Curious, why wouldn't spore work for these spawn bags? They have an inoculation port and are sold advertising that they are made for spore syringes. I put like 5ml of spores in it and shook it up hoping to get multiple colonization sites

It's not that they don't work, it's that most MS syringes are inherently dirty. If you put a MS syringe to agar you'll have to clean up any bacteria from it and other possibly clinging contam.

5ml is also WAYTOOMUCH for these spawn bags. 1ml at most would be fine. The more solution you get in there, the more wet, the more bacteria. There are more spores one drop of solution than likely you could ever need.

Again, it's not that they don't work, it's that there's a lot more to know in relation to this.

--------------------

Bacterial Hands

OfflineMushroomGrub
Stranger
Re: Bought these spawn bags [Re: ShaperDreaming]
    #25941769 - 04/18/19 04:59 PM (6 days, 21 hours ago)

Quote:

ShaperDreaming said:
5ml is also WAYTOOMUCH for these spawn bags. 1ml at most would be fine. The more solution you get in there, the more wet, the more bacteria. There are more spores one drop of solution than likely you could ever need.

Thanks mate! I'll be inoculating my first bag ever tomorrow (spores arrived last week, just waiting on grain bags). Since my solution didn't have many visible colonies, I was planning on using ~5mL. Good to know I should dial it back nonetheless.

OfflineShaperDreaming
Weirdo
Female User Gallery

Re: Bought these spawn bags [Re: MushroomGrub] * 1
    #25941773 - 04/18/19 05:01 PM (6 days, 21 hours ago)

Shake the syringe up really really well first and you're good to go :heart:

--------------------

Bacterial Hands

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Amazon Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Injection Ports, San Pedro, Spawn Bags

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation