Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: suicide [Re: faelr]
    #2593664 - 04/23/04 02:13 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

faelr said:
Quote:

question_for_joo said:
I don't understand why people are so quick to judge and condemn those who've committed suicide. People say well they probably went to hell just for that. Suicide is about mercy, wanting to end suffering. We don't have the right to do it but other people don't have the right to fuck with people like they do. Things are fair in the end I think. People before they commit suicide feel sad and they say i'm sorry that i'm not stronger. They ask forgiveness for themselves. I believe God forgives those who take their own life. I think he grants forgiveness whenever it is asked, and the challenge is only to ask it.

i don't think that god forgives ones who take their own life.
for one, they're weak, if anything at all this just proves nature right. only the strong will survive.
and before anyone gets all high and mighty, i've had 2 suicide cases in my family and one friend, that have given up on life.
these little fucks are all self-absorbed thinking that they have the worst life ever. fuck that!
i've had it bad and so has everyone else. what make them so special? why should i feel compassion for someone, who most likely had many more years ahead of themselves, that gives up on life so quickly.
there are to many people in this world that take life for granted and those that say fuck it and give up, should go to hell, if there is ever a place.

i'll seldom show any compassion for anyone who gives up on anything, especially with regards to life.

i would never expect your compasion to result from my suicide faelr.
i would never kill myself for anyones compasion, its escape.
its trying to make 2+3 fit into 4.

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefaelr
the darkestlight

Loc: st.louis
Re: suicide [Re: Jellric]
    #2593671 - 04/23/04 02:20 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

this discussion doesn't require a grey area. :smirk:

--------------------
where i walk, i walk alone. when i fight, i fight alone. i am no one and i am nothing. yet all is that i am.

Offlinefaelr
the darkestlight

Re: suicide [Re: BleaK]
    #2593687 - 04/23/04 02:31 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

BleaK said:
its trying to make 2+3 fit into 4.

2+3 fit 4!?! hahaha
i don't think it has anything to do with the equation. it's just adding another variable.;)

--------------------
where i walk, i walk alone. when i fight, i fight alone. i am no one and i am nothing. yet all is that i am.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #2593690 - 04/23/04 02:35 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Well let me be non-grey. Regardless of your beliefs, ending your life is the Ultimate in irresponsibility. No matter what your belief system, it does not end your pain. In Christian terms you go to Hell, in New Age thought you go to a hellish state followed by a repeat of your last life since life is a school and you repeat the course you failed. In other words, you do not end your pain you don't even get credit for what you endured you go right back through the wringer again.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Offlinefaelr
the darkestlight

#2593693 - 04/23/04 02:38 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

damn staight! you tell 'em!:lol:

--------------------

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

#2593701 - 04/23/04 02:47 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, it is pretty funny!  :lol: :rolleyes:

--------------------

OfflineCather
journeyman
Re: suicide [Re: question_for_joo]
    #2593726 - 04/23/04 03:03 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Well i have a great life and really like it . i have no worries at all but i still have an urge to commit suicide very often . Its not cos my life is so bad but because i want to know what being dead is like , i know that my death will be suicide already , as soon as i get bored .

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Re: suicide [Re: Cather]
    #2593743 - 04/23/04 03:11 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Here is a link about someone who committed suicide and how they perceived their experience:
This person says you can contact them if you really need to.

http://www.ndeweb.com/Suic01.htm

--------------------

OfflineCather
journeyman
    #2593776 - 04/23/04 03:23 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for the link but im not depressed . The doctors tell me i am but i dont think i am , im just curious . It seems to me that death is the last great adventure left and i am impatient to start my adventure :smile:

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: suicide [Re: Cather]
    #2593835 - 04/23/04 03:49 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Suicide happens when it seems more pleasant to die than continue living. Organizing people into one group, all those that commit suicide, would be foolish though. Not all of them are weak, for some of them might have done it because otherwise they would've killed someone; not all of them have courage, as they might've taken the cyanide pill than immediately tried to live again, unthinking of the consequences. It's a broad broad category of people that commit suicide, from anguished teenagers to tired old men to chronic disease patients to simply stresed out workers, and though often counterproductive, suicide is not an end, but rather a means to escape and return to the astral planes where they may have more piece of mind.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Re: suicide [Re: Ravus]
    #2593848 - 04/23/04 04:01 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I don't mean to be flippant at all, but I've always wondered about those people who attempted suicide by jumping from a great height. What if you changed your mind on the way down?? Damn that would suck.

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #2593855 - 04/23/04 04:11 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

That's why suicide while drunk is much easier. No thought involved if you're drunk enough.

Just wake up the next morning on another plane with a hangover, thinking, What the hell did I do last night?

Though a very high percentage of suicides do involve alcohol, I think my health teacher said that before so I took it with a grain of salt, but I wouldn't be surprised. I believe it was between 40 and 60% of suicides.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: suicide [Re: Ravus]
    #2594167 - 04/23/04 08:47 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Ravus and Jell...that was a pretty funny conversation about suicide there at the end.  :grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Offlineangryjslice
now with 20%more anger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: suicide [Re: Frog]
    #2594369 - 04/23/04 10:14 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

>>suicide appears to be the ultimate act of free will

i tend to agree with this statement.

but coming from a stand point of someone who has considered it and attempted it several times during a darker time of my life, i have to say that getting past suicide alive really is an amazing experience, and much more rewarding than excercising said free will. i remember my lowest low, after i had been arrested and my family rejected me, and several friends of mine ending up in the hospital by my hand, i was just at a complete depression. not like feeling depressed, but the lowness and sadness just encompassed me, and i kept getting sadder and slower, lower than i could have ever imagined you could go, and i considered killing myself, and something in my brain just snapped, and i started laughing histarically. and for the first time in my life i felt enlightenment. i think i just finally realized how rediculous this reality is, and how i effected the love of the people around me. not saying that they all loved me, but i saw how much i needed to love all of them, and suddenly had an overwelming love of life, because of this. i am a much better person now. this was along long time ago.

Quote:

Sclorch said:
Suicide is for those too pussy to put up with life

maybe they are couragous enough to know when there own time is.

"Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things i can,
and the wisdom to know when to give up and end it all."
-Jill Heather

"People believe lots of lies on this planet, that's why most of them haven't committed suicide yet."
-Shadowdemon

"Men are never convinced of your reasons, of your sincerity, of the seriousness of your sufferings, except by your death. So long as you are alive, your case is doubtful; you have a right only to your skepticism."
-Albert Camus

"He who does not accept and respect those who want to reject life does not truly accept and respect life itself."
-Thomas Szasz

~JSlice~

--------------------

Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
    #2594389 - 04/23/04 10:24 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Jellric said:
Regardless of your beliefs, ending your life is the Ultimate in irresponsibility. No matter what your belief system, it does not end your pain. In Christian terms you go to Hell, in New Age thought you go to a hellish state followed by a repeat of your last life since life is a school and you repeat the course you failed. In other words, you do not end your pain you don't even get credit for what you endured you go right back through the wringer again.

Basically you are trying to back up the immorality of suicide through Christianity and 'New Age' beliefs of which you obviously know nothing of. Have you heard of Existentialism? Do you realize that not everyone in the world is religious? Can you imagine a reality free from God's punishment? Do you have anything to back up your claims? Probably not, I'm guessing you have never been to hell.

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Re: suicide [Re: bert]
    #2594674 - 04/23/04 11:57 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

:yawn:

--------------------

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #2594818 - 04/23/04 12:44 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Okay, there are ways to end your life which might not be classed as suicide. Pointing a gun at a police officer (in the states at least), being careless while crossing the road, smoking etc etc. You say that god does not forgive people who commit suicide. Where does God draw the line?

--------------------

Offlinefaelr
the darkestlight

Re: suicide [Re: Revelation]
    #2594914 - 04/23/04 01:09 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Revelation said:
Okay, there are ways to end your life which might not be classed as suicide.  Pointing a gun at a police officer (in the states at least), being careless while crossing the road, smoking etc etc.  You say that god does not forgive people who commit suicide.  Where does God draw the line?

i know someone who commited suicide by pulling a gun out at a cop.
that was in the letter!:lol: i'm laughing now......he wasn't that close. mean but true.

--------------------

Offlinefaelr
the darkestlight

Re: suicide [Re: bert]
    #2594952 - 04/23/04 01:20 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

bert said:
Quote:

Jellric said:
Regardless of your beliefs, ending your life is the Ultimate in irresponsibility. No matter what your belief system, it does not end your pain. In Christian terms you go to Hell, in New Age thought you go to a hellish state followed by a repeat of your last life since life is a school and you repeat the course you failed.  In other words, you do not end your pain you don't even get credit for what you endured you go right back through the wringer again.

Basically you are trying to back up the immorality of suicide through Christianity and 'New Age' beliefs of which you obviously know nothing of.  Have you heard of Existentialism?  Do you realize that not everyone in the world is religious?  Can you imagine a reality free from God's punishment?  Do you have anything to back up your claims?  Probably not, I'm guessing you have never been to hell.

hey that's an unfair statement!:mad2:
i'm guessing your just looking at one side of the coin, when in regards to religion. a world free from god's punishment!?!:smirk:
i don't believe in the biblical god but i can speak for myself when i say, god doesn't punish us we punish ourselves.
  a dark way of looking at your view on god's punishment is, morality, will it still exist if people didn't believe in an after life. in this day and age morals are going down, along with chivalry and honor. can you consciously say that we care about our moral obligations as much as we do. true freedom is doing what you want, but that ancient rule goes, with every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. karma dude :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
    #2595172 - 04/23/04 02:16 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Well that would be all well and good if I believed in absolute morality. Which I don't...what is so shocking about my statement 'a reality free from God's punishment'? I am just perturbed that Jellric was being extremely imprecise in his criticism of suicide. i.e. Bringing into play 'New Age' religion, which doesn't exist in the form that he attempted to invoke for his argument. I do very much agree with you that we punish ourselves, not God. I believe Humanism to be the way to go in order to bring about a non-judgmental and more accepting society. It doesn't help an extremely depressed person to judge them. Whether that be through religious or other means.

Edit: I'll throw up another example. What about going into battle knowing that one will die? That is also a form of suicide, but it is condoned and promoted by society as a whole. It's not as cut and dry as one may be led to believe.

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

Edited by bert (04/23/04 02:26 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order