Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Lashed to the pyre
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2
    #25890500 - 03/22/19 03:32 PM (5 years, 7 days ago)

:excitedseal:

if you have not played Bloodlines, get on that
if you have played Bloodlines but not the pen and paper Masquerade, then get on that

then in 2020 get on this

:aweohyou:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewyrdjoy23
Tricho Druid
Male User Gallery

Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 [Re: Tantrika] * 1
    #25934480 - 04/14/19 03:24 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Getting a new used laptop today and might just be replaying Bloodlines soon!

OfflineLoamspeaker
Druid
I'm a teapot

Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 [Re: wyrdjoy23]
    #25935587 - 04/15/19 08:04 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Definitely one of the best games I've played, even though it was a huge buggy mess, the fact that John DiMaggio was a voice in there is enough to play it lol
Can't wait for the new game. What do you think about how they'll handle clans and such?

--------------------
:chesire:
’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
          All mimsy were the borogoves,
              And the mome raths outgrabe.

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 [Re: Loamspeaker]
    #25936028 - 04/15/19 12:15 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Loamspeaker said:
...What do you think about how they'll handle clans and such?

They are starting players off as thinbloods and meeting the clans before becoming a full Kindred
they have alluded in interviews to a really robust sewer system, so they will hopefully have Nosferatu well represented and the underground Labyrinths present
there have been concerns that interview comments about treating mental health in less of a punching down manner means that Malkavians will be butchered
but not personally enormously concerned; Malkavians are still sort of unhinged in the new pen and paper update
but where they get their prophecies and visions are a bit more controlled, even if the prophecies themselves are still crazy

it is worth noting that White Wolf has been working with a Twitch and Youtube channel to put out a pen and paper campaign series based on the new rules

so personally considering this to be a bit of a teaser with regards to what types of skills and magic will be made available to players in the video game
Jason does a really neat job of integrating characters from Bloodlines 1 into his campaign -- so, for instance, their periodic Malkavian player (who role plays one of the best Malkavians ever, rather than being crazy for the sake of crazy) works for Baron Therese in Santa Monica

InvisibleChakanooga
Always Lmao
Male User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 [Re: Tantrika]
    #25936384 - 04/15/19 02:59 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Sounds deep. I can see me picking this up. Its good storylines and plots that keep a game from being good, to legendary. I love me some good plots. I never heard of the series, but thats cuz theres a million masterpieces being made in these days.

--------------------
Official:
Facemelter
HyperspaceTraveller
NostalgicGamer

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 [Re: Chakanooga] * 2
    #25936483 - 04/15/19 03:51 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Chakanooga said:
Sounds deep.

:sadyes:

especially if you play as a Malkavian and have a conversation with your tv

:lol:

InvisibleChakanooga
Always Lmao
Male User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
    #25937087 - 04/15/19 09:28 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

I bet you shivers would love this game.

--------------------
Official:
Facemelter
HyperspaceTraveller
NostalgicGamer

OfflineLoamspeaker
Druid
I'm a teapot

#25937250 - 04/15/19 11:48 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Oooo, this is really great. Thanks for sharing that LA by night video!

--------------------
:chesire:
’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
          All mimsy were the borogoves,
              And the mome raths outgrabe.

Edited by Loamspeaker (04/15/19 11:49 PM)

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Bowels of Canada
Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 [Re: Loamspeaker]
    #25942870 - 04/19/19 03:08 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

I'll admit, I tried playing it a few years ago... Just couldn't get into it for some reason.

Strange, considering I love me a good vampire story.

Really curious about #2 for sure though 👍

--------------------
Nothing is true, everything is permissible.

Our laws make law impossible; our liberties destroy all freedom; our property is organized robbery; our morality an impudent hypocrisy; our wisdom is administered by inexperienced or mal-experienced dupes; our power wielded by cowards and weaklings; and our honour false in all its points. I am an enemy of the existing order for good reasons.

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 [Re: LuSiD9]
    #25946329 - 04/20/19 07:23 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

LuSiD9 said:
I'll admit, I tried playing it a few years ago... Just couldn't get into it for some reason.

Really curious about #2 for sure though 👍

Despite my love for it, a lot may be coming through rose-coloured glasses
used to play pen and paper White Wolf in high school
after graduating, moved across the country and no longer had a D&D group
the original Bloodlines game took familiar systems and adapted them into a video game in a really meaningful way
it was not the only RPG available to me at the time, but it felt the most cozy

will not deny that the original release was buggy and clunky
you mentioned 50 hours with the original in the review thread -- that implies to me that you made it all the way into the parts of the game that were not properly finished before launch

going back and playing it now, would advise anyone trying it to get the fan patches
fixes broken content, and completes and implements some of the content that was supposed to be in the later portions of the game but did not make the cut

my real excitement for it comes from the White Wolf setting tho
White Wolf on the whole is relatively low fantasy, bases stories in contemporary timeline in the real world
so Bloodlines 2 will also be looking to fill that niche that GTA Online filled for me -- roleplaying and expressing myself in a mirror of the real world
rather than a straight fantasyland

also need to fully recognize that depending on the proximity of the release to Cyberpunk 2077
all my time may get eaten up by one title rather than split across both
:cookiemonster:

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25946396 - 04/20/19 08:18 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Not 50 hours wouldn't be completely accurate as I restarted a couple times to try out the different vampire types... So I may have played it for 50 hours, but definitely didn't make 50 hours of progress into the story line.

I didn't come across any gamebreaking bugs as far as I remember though... I was just bored most of the time.

--------------------

Our laws make law impossible; our liberties destroy all freedom; our property is organized robbery; our morality an impudent hypocrisy; our wisdom is administered by inexperienced or mal-experienced dupes; our power wielded by cowards and weaklings; and our honour false in all its points. I am an enemy of the existing order for good reasons.

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
    #25946429 - 04/20/19 08:41 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

LuSiD9 said:
I didn't come across any gamebreaking bugs as far as I remember though... I was just bored most of the time.

Well, this is a bit different affair
my first question would be how much do you enjoy combat in video game rpgs
Bloodlines certainly had combat, but much of what informs White Wolf storytelling and where it contrasts from something like D&D
is that it is very narrative-centric, with combat being a background affair
compared to the upfront constant combat rolls of Dungeons and Dragons

you did mention
Quote:

LuSiD9 said:

what Bloodlines was not amazing at is laying out the whole backstory and narrative structure of the tensions among Kindred society
it did get into the struggle between Camarilla and Anarchs,
but there is a lot of context building that was available to me going in familiar with the history of the different clans vs someone who would pick it up and try to understand the storytelling

personally consider the Bloodlines story and different options to be interesting
but also have to recognize that it was basically allowing me to insert myself into a continuation of a broader narrative
just with the setting having shifted from Canada to Los Angeles

perhaps this played into it?

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25946468 - 04/20/19 09:03 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

I'm sure your background with it made a difference... I had none of that going in at all.

As for combat in rpg's, I'm pretty lenient about it, the actual rpg elements and character development are what matters most for me... I can overlook some janky combat and animations usually as long as it's got good, deep, rpg elements.

I wish I could give some detail on what it was I didn't like about it, that was prolly 5 years ago now and I just don't really remember much of it.

One thing though, keyboard and mouse controls... I remember that... I can't stand that shit unless it's rts, city builders, tycoon games etc... Having to use the awd keys to move my charcter kills me as I have pretty bad carpal tunnel and horrible elbow tendonitis, I need a controller or I'm in pain, I don't know how you PC gamers do it lol, especially for long periods.

--------------------

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
    #25946492 - 04/20/19 09:17 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

LuSiD9 said:
One thing though, keyboard and mouse controls... I remember that... I can't stand that shit unless it's rts, city builders, tycoon games etc... Having to use the awd keys to move my charcter kills me as I have pretty bad carpal tunnel and horrible elbow tendonitis, I need a controller or I'm in pain, I don't know how you PC gamers do it lol, especially for long periods.

Personally don't
rather than a keyboard, do all my gaming with a Nostromo
not sure if Razer still makes them, apparently it is on their website but now under the name Tartarus -- also they activated Chroma (multi-colour) settings, while my Nostromo can only be set to glow blue
but their upgraded control pad looks even more comfortable (on the left):

https://www.razer.com/ca-en/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-tartarus-v2

ignoring the keyboard, this is what my pc gaming setup basically looks like
my WASD movement is mapped to a thumb-controlled joystick
my fingers rest on custom mapped keys so I know which finger needs to just press down where it sits like shoulder buttons on a gamepad
and my right thumb hits the majority of my active-use buttons like it would on my xbox controller

got into this after getting hooked on shitty f2p mmos,
but then also used it for Skyrim and started to go back and use it for everything

racing games and third-person titles typically have me just use my xbox 360 controller with the wireless hookup to the computer
have debated getting a new controller, maybe one of the custom Xbox design lab ones,
but too much to spend on something that already has a working option on my desk

stuff like Tomb Raider, Mass Effect Andromeda, or the combat portions of GTA have me use a combination of the Xbox 360 controller in my left hand with the (albeit still more accurate) joystick for character movement and the mouse in my right hand to aim and shoot with more accuracy

the nice thing about PC gaming is being able to increasingly combine them
Oldrim does not play nice with trying to have a Xbox controller turned on at the same time as mouse and keyboard
and Oblivion/Morrowind on PC straight up have no controller support
and those are the times when having the WASD joystick really shines

would certainly not PC game nearly as much if relying on keyboard for control
it's just here for typing

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25946508 - 04/20/19 09:30 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Nifty... How much did that set you back?

I'm in no financial shape to be buying anything I don't absolutely need right now, but when the time comes when I can afford a solid gaming rig, I'd like a setup like that for sure 👌

--------------------

Edited by LuSiD9 (04/20/19 10:03 PM)

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 [Re: LuSiD9] * 1
    #25946527 - 04/20/19 09:42 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Think it was only about 40$ for a Nostromo at the time; may have been all the way up to 60 or 80 tho
was living in Saskatchewan and Mom got me it as a Christmas gift she got me my first naga mouse around the same time, remember her getting pissed at Canada Post for leaving it on the doorstep in the middle of winter :lol:

that was also something like 6 years ago tho
shortly after Skyrims release, pirated myself a copy and remember getting the Nostromo around the same time

the new one is unfortunately likely more expensive, as a closer look shows they have changed some things

my Nostromo only has 14 keys where my fingers rest; with my little hands this is great and the Tartarus looks like it may be a bit harder for me to use with the extra row of keys
right now my middle finger sits on the 3 button when gaming, so for stuff like Skyrim that is mapped as the use/pickup/open door key while the buttons

also mine only has a plastic wrist rest; it is comfortable for extended periods but not the padded niceness they have on the new one

my mouse was about 100 at walmart; it is a razer naga like the one in my previous image (so twelve customizable buttons under my thumb resting area)
but this one was a chroma, replacing my other mouse after wearing it out -- the Nostromo is still going strong tho
pretty sure they charge more for Chroma products than the single colour ones, but they seem to increasingly be phasing everything to Chroma
-_-

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
    #25953592 - 04/24/19 08:26 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

So Paradox has announced the first clan, sort of
they provided insight into Thinbloods
interviews have mentioned that all players will start as Thinblood before moving into one of the traditional clans
so it makes sense they would tease it first

the interesting thing, to me, is that they published it on Wednesday which is presently the day that the L.A. by Night series plays
so if they continue using this day of the week moving forward, it will suggest to me that there is a tie and hope to use one to promote the other

they mention in the trailer to check their website
which does give preview of available skills

Quote:

Thinblood

Seattle has generally attracted a younger crowd and some of them unfortunately wind up on the streets of the city. For the Kindred, the thinbloods are their own version of street kids, and in recent years, their numbers have grown at what some might consider an alarming rate.

Despite being permitted in the city, many thinbloods don’t survive very long. With little understanding of what they are or the rules of Kindred society, they face a struggle to simply exist in a city carved up by established political factions. Many are killed when they pose a threat to the Masquerade. A few find work as grunts and runners for the less scrupulous denizens of Seattle. It’s not unheard of for a thinblood to gain enough respect to earn a more prominent role in a faction, but they are rarely shown the same respect or legal standing a full-blood clan member enjoys. It’s a hard, short life for most thinbloods in Seattle, but it’s also a city of opportunity for the few that can navigate their way into the higher circles of vampire society.

Quote:

BORN A CRIME

As newly created vampires, far removed from the source of their blood’s power, thinbloods’ powers are strange and indiscriminate - deviating from the ancient disciplines.

Quote:

Chiropteran

This Thinblood discipline calls on the vampire’s strong affinity to bats, allowing her to move through the air and summon swarms.

• Glide (Blood Cost: 1) is Chiropteran’s first active power, and can be enhanced by investing in the • • slot. Glide greatly lowers the weight of the vampire’s skeleton and muscle mass to allow them to float on updrafts, reaching otherwise inaccessible areas. In the air, the vampire can swoop into NPC to knock them down, pounce on enemies far below, or use the height advantage to rain down Disciplines from afar.

• • • Bat Swarm (Blood Cost: 2), the second active power, allows the vampire to summon a small swarm of bats to attack a target NPC, temporarily disabling them and dealing low damage. The • • • • and • • • • • slots grow this power, until a true Maelstrom of leathery wings surrounds the vampire, harrying and damaging any enemy who dares come too close.

the Bat Swarm skill is previewed at the end of the trailer with gameplay footage, so that was nice

Quote:

Mentalism

This Thinblood discipline allows the vampire to manipulate objects through telekinesis - allowing them to even pull weapons from enemies’ hands.

• Pull (Blood Cost: 0/1, target dependent) is Mentalism’s first active. It allows the vampire to manipulate inanimate objects from afar - whether that’s an inconvenient obstacle, or the knife in the hands of the NPC bearing down on them. The • • slot upgrades Pull even further.

• • • Levitate (Blood Cost: 2), the second active power, suspends a living NPC in the air. Its strength can be enhanced with the • • • • and • • • • • slots, until the vampire can levitate everyone and everything in an area, and throw suspended enemies around like ragdolls.

Quote:

Nebulation

This Thinblood discipline allow the vampire to call on her affinity to mist, allowing her to summon and command it.

• Mist Shroud (Blood Cost: 2), Nebulation’s first active power, envelops the vampire with mist for a short time, muffling footsteps and making them slightly harder to notice. In addition, the vampire can partially transform into mist for one invocation to either perform a choking attack on an NPC, or travel through tight spaces. The • • slot enhances these powers even further.

• • • Envelop (Blood Cost: 3), the second active, creates a stationary, swirling cloud of mist that surrounds, blinds and forcefully enters the lungs of NPC that touch it. It and Mist Shroud both can be further improved with the • • • • and • • • • • slots.

https://www.bloodlines2.com/en/thinblood

OfflineWannaBScientist
Stranger
I'm a teapot

#25953805 - 04/24/19 11:16 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

damn i remember  original bloodlines

Invisiblemycoprog
Modular Heretic
 User Gallery

Loc: N. America
Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 [Re: WannaBScientist] * 1
    #25960210 - 04/28/19 07:51 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

i'm super fucking excited for this.

--------------------

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
    #25968041 - 05/02/19 11:22 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Clan announcement this week is Brujah, the most anarch of the anarchs

Quote:

Brujah

The Pacific Northwest has a long history of attracting outcasts and drifters, those looking to keep some level of anonymity and independence. The Brujah have never been a large part of the Seattle Kindred community, but when they do show up to a party, they make their presence known immediately. Many of the Seattle Brujah are leftovers from failed Anarch movements in the past century, most choosing to remain unaffiliated or loosely affiliated with the city’s political factions – or at least, they like to claim that.

Generally, Brujah gather at a “bash”, which can be loosely summed up as a sort of fight club for the undead. They use these events to assert their physical superiority to the rest of the clans and to celebrate the raw power of their bloodline. That’s not to say they don’t invite other clans to enter, but it’s rare that any but the Brujah dominate the bash. The champions of these fights are rumored to make good money hiring themselves out as muscle for anyone who can afford them. Supposedly, business is booming in Seattle these nights…

Quote:

REBELS, RABBLE & REJECTS

Among vampires, the Brujahs’ powers are as overwhelming as their convictions. For the player who chooses to join the Rabble, two new ancient Disciplines become available in addition to their individual powers from their Thinblooded past.

Potence

The signature Discipline of the Brujah imbues their undead bodies with the pinnacle of raw Kindred strength. Nobody underestimates the strength of a Brujah twice.

• Fist of Caine (Blood Cost: 2), Potence’s first active power, allows the Brujah to deliver a devastating punch that turns walls into rubble and throws enemies through the air, tearing of limbs and causing collateral damage. The • • slot enhances these devastating effects even further.

• • • Earthshock (Blood Cost: 2), the second active power, smashes the ground with titanic force. The impact causes a shockwave around the player, damaging and knocking down anyone who dared to stray too close. After further upgrades with the • • • • and • • • • • slots, the ground cracks under the Brujah’s onslaught, sending fissures outwards and damaging anyone caught in this cataclysm.

Use of Potence powers in front of unsuspecting mortals is a Masquerade Violation.

Celerity

Some Kindred strike faster, dodge quicker, and escape more nimbly than any mortal creature could hope to. They use Celerity, the Discipline of pushing their bodies’ speed beyond all limits.

• Unseen Storm (Blood Cost: 2), the first active, allows the vampire to dash in a direction of their choice at such a speed as to momentarily disappear from view, allowing them to land attacks, dodge around enemies, or get away before the dust has time to settle. Characters struck along the way of the dash get knocked down. The • • slot further enhances the Unseen Storm.

• • • Accelerate (Blood Cost: 5), the second active, opens up speeds so fast that everything else in the world appears to slow down to a virtual standstill. Assailants seem frozen in their attacks, cars crawl forward, bullets zip by lazily, and the vampire can get up to the kinds of stunts that, with a popular 80’s synth track in the background, would make an awesome movie scene. The • • • • and • • • • • slots allow the vampire to further improve their acceleration.

If any innocent mortal can spot a use of Celerity, it’s a Masquerade Violation.

https://www.bloodlines2.com/en/brujah

the announcement being moved to Thursday throws a wrench in my fangirlish speculation about connections between the game and the L.A. By Night series
but always love a good bullet time skill, so not going to lose sleep over it or anything
:aweohyou:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder