Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinechibiabos
Cosmic Pond Scum
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: *** Easy DMT Recrystallization Tek (To have a cleaner and more pure product) *** [Re: Psion]
    #25938563 - 04/16/19 06:00 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Unless you know for an absolute fact that the solvent that you're using won't attack the plastic that you're using then you shouldn't use it.  If you have money to spend on these projects then you should at least invest in some used borosilicate glassware.  You can actually get quality stuff at a reasonable price.  Shouldn't be much of a strain to get a buchner funnel and a vacuum flask, I think.  :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineIcon
Bloomer
 User Gallery

Re: *** Easy DMT Recrystallization Tek (To have a cleaner and more pure product) *** [Re: Psion] * 1
    #25938687 - 04/16/19 07:13 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Psion said:it also leads to discussions like these, and on occasion, the birth of new and improved techniques, or new information.

if all you care about is bringing other people down and making yourself feel better in the process, on the other hand... well, you're doing a great job, keep it up~!

Thanks, I will keep it up. See the problem is that improved techniques, like lime teks; or new information about which plastics are okay and which are not; or new tools like a glass pipette; have already been discovered and published. A new extractor's job is to read and absorb as much information that is out there so they don't use outdated techniques or tools. Reading the first tek you find and following that then regurgitating it on a different forum is devolving the overall knowledge of DMT extraction. Not only is it not adding anything new to be discussed, it's creating more work for anyone else to correct the misinformation, and more worthless links to read through when doing research. While it may help spur some interest for a few people, it's really low quality information and going to set people up with a tek and product that's less efficient and less pure than what they could have been introduced to otherwise.

Like I said, got no problem with being excited about extracting and sharing results and teks. But when you start teaching people stupid shit instead of just linking to the original tek, that doesn't serve anyone. If you personally don't care about your health there's nothing we can do to stop you but when you start endangering other people with foolish advice it's not cool.

InvisibleBlazer420
ŦøжїϿ ÐȐȜȧƜƐȓ

Re: *** Easy DMT Recrystallization Tek (To have a cleaner and more pure product) *** [Re: Shenmue]
    #25939336 - 04/17/19 04:54 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Shenmue said:
I want to crucify you because of the plastic turky baster 😂

:whathesaid::ilold:

--------------------
~ I used to get high on life, until I realized life was cut with morons ~
* You need 2 wake up and smell the music! *
- We are all computer data in a materialistic world -
| Sometimes you have to lose yourself, to find anything |

OfflinePiaseski
Day Tripper
Re: *** Easy DMT Recrystallization Tek (To have a cleaner and more pure product) *** [Re: Blazer420]
    #25939348 - 04/17/19 05:10 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

So i went and did my first extractions using a plastic baster too...was unaware, it had indeed discolored a bit.

My question is, how immediately damaging is this? I'm waiting a glass pipette but having probably .5g i've extracted this way that i'm gonna re-x and smoke this weekend with my gf for her bday...we've smoked this batch before too.
I've inhaled plastic being an idiot over the years with makeshift bongs and stuff -  i assume this is the same as that - DONT DO IT! but its not gonna kill you one or two times?

Also i imagine a re-x doesnt remove this, i've read about the backsalt here and tried a search but was a bit confused (as ive only done simple stb once).

--------------------

OnlineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

Loc: FNQ
Re: *** Easy DMT Recrystallization Tek (To have a cleaner and more pure product) *** [Re: Piaseski]
    #25940067 - 04/17/19 02:23 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Plasticizers won't kill you in small exposure, they do have detrimental effects over time. Kinda like radiation, for want of a better analogy.

A backsalt is also known as a Mini A/B, basically you redissolve your spice in some solvent, add it to an acidic solution (I use straight household vinegar but others use less concentrated solution) in a bottle and swirl and shake. The spice will fall out of the solvent as salt into the solution. Decant the solvent. Base the solution to 12 to freebase the spice again, then pull again with fresh solvent as per an extraction, then freeze precip. I think there's a pictorial of this tek in Cybs tek, towards the end, iirc.

A re-x doesn't do the same thing, you're right. In the solvent>acid stage here almost all contams get left in the solvent. It's great if you're using fatty sources of spice as well and really want to clean it up.

--------------------
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

Edited by Northerner (04/17/19 02:39 PM)

OfflineIcon
Bloomer
 User Gallery

Re: *** Easy DMT Recrystallization Tek (To have a cleaner and more pure product) *** [Re: Piaseski] * 1
    #25940100 - 04/17/19 02:48 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Part of the issue is that Naphtha is the most common solvent for extracting, but naphtha is a very broad term for petroleum distillates. One brand of naphtha can be composed of different distillate molecules than another brand. In fact, they don't even specify in the MSDS which molecules their naphtha is composed of, only whether it is light or heavy. Light naphtha is composed of distillate molecules with 6 or less carbon atoms; like Benzene, Hexane, Butane, Pentane, Propane, Ethane. Heavy naphtha is composed of hydrocarbons with 7 or more carbon atoms; Toluene, Heptane, Xylene, Octane, Nonane, etc.

These hydrocarbons have different affinities for different plastics. There's no way to know for sure which quantities of which molecules you really have.

Hydrocarbons can also be categorized into aromatics or aliphatics. Aromatics are particularly damaging to plastics. If you have to choose a naphtha, you want to go with an aliphatic, light naphtha.

There are many different types of plastics to further complex the issue. A common one I see for basters and hand tools is "PP", #5 triangle, polyproylene. It's extremely, immediately reactive with both aromatic and aliphatic hydrocarbons. LDPE, #4, stands for low-density polyethylene. It's a little more resistant than PP but still reacts with all hydrocarbons. Plastic wrap is LDPE. The only common plastic that is compatible with hydrocarbons is HDPE, #2, high density polyethylene. And it's only resistant to the aliphatic hydrocarbons, not the aromatics. And its resistance is questionable at high temperatures or over long lengths of time. But still, if you need to choose a plastic, HDPE is the only 'safe' choice, and only with light naphtha.

Then you have to consider the base you're using. Lye, sodium hydroxide, is mildly reactive with HDPE. Lye is also reactive with the rubber gaskets on jar lids. While lime, calcium hydroxide, is not reactive with HDPE, LDPE or rubber.

Acids are another consideration. It really doesn't matter which acid you use so most A/B teks use a weak acid like vinegar, acetic acid, which is non-reactive with HDPE and LDPE.

That information isn't often made clear to people, especially when people like OP boil it down to "PLASTIC IS FINE" while using a turkey baster in their tek. Odds are, most people getting into DMT are not going to be experts on this stuff and they won't take the time to research the specific compatibility of their plastics and solvents. That's why it makes more sense for the entire community to use teks that avoid these hazards as much as possible. Unless you really know what you're doing, lime teks and no-plastic should be the foundation for any safe, home-based extract.

For 90% of us, the choice is made: vinegar, lime, light naphtha, HDPE if plastic is needed.

https://www.plasticsintl.com/chemical-resistance-chart
https://www.calpaclab.com/chemical-compatibility-charts/

Edited by Icon (04/17/19 03:07 PM)

InvisibleShr00mEater
Strange
Male
Re: *** Easy DMT Recrystallization Tek (To have a cleaner and more pure product) *** [Re: Icon]
    #25940122 - 04/17/19 03:05 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Great links, thanks for that. 👍

OfflinePsion
Sage
Re: *** Easy DMT Recrystallization Tek (To have a cleaner and more pure product) *** [Re: Northerner]
    #25940688 - 04/17/19 09:49 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Northerner said:
Plasticizers won't kill you in small exposure, they do have detrimental effects over time. Kinda like radiation, for want of a better analogy.

A backsalt is also known as a Mini A/B, basically you redissolve your spice in some solvent, add it to an acidic solution (I use straight household vinegar but others use less concentrated solution) in a bottle and swirl and shake. The spice will fall out of the solvent as salt into the solution. Decant the solvent. Base the solution to 12 to freebase the spice again, then pull again with fresh solvent as per an extraction, then freeze precip. I think there's a pictorial of this tek in Cybs tek, towards the end, iirc.

A re-x doesn't do the same thing, you're right. In the solvent>acid stage here almost all contams get left in the solvent. It's great if you're using fatty sources of spice as well and really want to clean it up.

fascinating. if i wanted the salt form, would i just use more naphtha to redissolve the freebase, then add vinegar to form dmt acetate salt, and use that? or is that not a good choice of salt for storage and oral use?

Edited by Psion (04/17/19 09:49 PM)

OnlineNorthernerM
splelling chceker
 User Gallery

Loc: FNQ
Re: *** Easy DMT Recrystallization Tek (To have a cleaner and more pure product) *** [Re: Psion]
    #25940783 - 04/17/19 11:20 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

If you were going to use it for oral you can just add your freebase to vinegar in a shotglass and neck it, so I read recently. Makes sense to me.

Check out FASA for making fumarate salts for long term storage and oral use.  :thumbup:

--------------------
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

OfflinePsion
Sage
Re: *** Easy DMT Recrystallization Tek (To have a cleaner and more pure product) *** [Re: Northerner]
    #25940803 - 04/17/19 11:55 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

yeah, i saw the fumarate option, it's just that vinegar is easier to find, seeing as how i already have that. :P don't think i could swallow the stuff in a shotglass though, haha... my taste buds are far too sensitive to allow it. there's a lot of stuff i can't gag down because of that.

can't even drink alcohol because apparently i'm one of the rare people who can taste ethanol. for the record, it tastes bitter. so horribly bitter ( ;;) that hard, papery/woody thing that seperates the two halves s of a walnut? imagine that but worse. i've even tried candy wines and they taste just as horribly bitter. no hints of raspberry and citrus for me - the ethanol taste overwhelms everything else.

OfflinePandemoon
Ἧeẍeᾐmeḭsṫeŗ ͛
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
    #25940908 - 04/18/19 03:06 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

For storage better take fumarate /fumaric acid. I am not sure whether the acetate salt even crystallizes, or stays a sticky goo..

In water the acetate is soluble, so it does not crash out but you'd have to evape the vinegar to get the crystals. But as I sad, It could be that the acetate remains a sticky goo and not a solid crystal. This would be bad for storage and meassurement.
You can use vinegar for convertation right before oral ingestion (any salt is better for the stomache than the freebase if swallowed), or as back-salting step before another basing, as mentioned above.

For storage better use fumarate. But the freebase is good to store either. I never turned my base to any acid for storage. :shrug:

Fumaric acid is heavy, though. You'll need almost twice the ammount of dmt-fumarate to get the same effects as with dmt-freebase.

-

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates