Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleThayendanegea
quiet walker
Male User Gallery

Loc: 7 Lodges Nation Flag
Re: Alcoholics Anonymous (Come and share thread) [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #25881513 - 03/18/19 08:24 AM (5 years, 12 days ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
Look Deep Into Nature,and Then You Will Understand Everything Better.

Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleThayendanegea
quiet walker
Male User Gallery

#25883357 - 03/19/19 10:43 AM (5 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

TheFakeSunRa said:
I really needed a meeting last night so I got my ass to one.

#stillsoberbitches

One of the most spiritual and inspirational moments that I have ever had in an AA meeting happened a few years back at my home groups 7AM meeting during the week. A stranger to our home group came in dressed in a suit..during the meeting (in a round robin style format) he was asked to share. He stood up and said that he was attending a funeral later that morning for his 8 yr. old son that had just died of Leukemia.He said he was at the meeting because he didn't want to drink and he knew he needed to go to a meeting even though he had been sober for several years.....I don't think there was a dry eye in the room.

I never saw him again but I will always remember that morning. We can get through anything that life has to throw at us without a drink....period.

--------------------

Albert Einstein

InvisibleThayendanegea
quiet walker
Male User Gallery

Re: Alcoholics Anonymous (Come and share thread) [Re: Thayendanegea]
    #25917161 - 04/05/19 09:07 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

It's been a while since anyone has posted here, so I'll throw out this quote from an old friend of mine who died with 40 plus years of sobriety.
"Spirituality is the thing that I need the most of, but I know the least about."

Pretty self explanatory and very true for me.

--------------------

Albert Einstein

OfflineAnatoly
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: Browntown Flag
    #25917316 - 04/05/19 10:38 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Nice.....says a lot.

InvisibleThayendanegea
quiet walker
Male User Gallery

Re: Alcoholics Anonymous (Come and share thread) [Re: Anatoly]
    #25935839 - 04/15/19 10:46 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Here's another gem from my old friend referring to the old phrase "One drink will get you drunk" This refers to the Alcoholic symptom of never only having A single drink...... It ain't the caboose that kills ya!
I wish everyone some peace of mind and little cravings for a drink.:sunny::peace:

--------------------

Albert Einstein

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Loc: Dirdy SOUF Flag
    #25936143 - 04/15/19 01:06 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

I’ve heard that at meetings

After I hear those analogies or little inside jokes or whatever more than once they start to feel so cringey

But I’m a goddamn broken record too

I love when someone strange and new comes in and starts up with random unexpected shit

It’s always like let the old timers speak - shit I like the crazy shit newbies say

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
    #25936332 - 04/15/19 02:33 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

It’s strange when I think about it and how long I wasn’t me.  Life is backwards, figure it out just in time to get ejected and the new dumb crew stumble through.  Oddly similar to an industrial assembly line..:sherlock:

I really think I’m good this time.  I had a real good excuse to have a beer a month or so ago and about half way through (it wasn’t a thought, it was a muscle memory urge, in my chest.  Like an instinct) I countered with a ‘fuck all that trouble’..  it doesn’t even get through now, it’s spell isn’t there.  In hindsight it’s odd I rolled over so easily through that whole thing but man, I wanted every ounce..  there’s something going on in there :tinfoil:

Anyways still rocking my 1 day chip..:thumbup:

InvisibleBumholio
What's the craic
 User Gallery

Loc: Shroomsville
Re: Alcoholics Anonymous (Come and share thread) [Re: Amanita86] * 2
    #25936461 - 04/15/19 03:38 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Last meeting I was at was a few months ago, I only went because it was Friday night and I was bored and I didn't feel that was a good combination. It was a small meeting, only about 10 of us, and usual thing, the old boy at the front rambled on for 10 minutes about how he used to be a postman on the speakers mums street etc etc.

Everyone had shared and the last guy is sharing, talking about boxing and some other shit and says "what time are we finishing tonight? Half 10?" Yeah "I've 10 more minutes then? Good I can talk more about my favourite subject. Fucking me!!" :laugh2:

Funniest thing I've heard in a meeting lol.

--------------------

"great things may come to those who wait, but only what's left by those who hustle"

OfflineDryySocks
Wanderer

Re: Alcoholics Anonymous (Come and share thread) [Re: Bumholio]
    #25954732 - 04/25/19 01:35 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

What do you think about the idea of getting drunk, then consuming an extremely high amount of psilocybin as a means to confront my problem?

Will it create a divine intervention which will scare me out of ever drinking again? Or will it fuck me up completely?

I've experienced high dose psilocybin trips before, which have been extremely profound, in the range of 40g+ of magic truffles. My main concern is substance mixing and destroying my brain.

InvisibleBumholio
What's the craic
 User Gallery

Re: Alcoholics Anonymous (Come and share thread) [Re: DryySocks]
    #25958042 - 04/27/19 12:32 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I'm sober 1 year today and that is something I didn't think was possible for me. If you're struggling and truly want to stop, you can do it.

I'm not exactly living a life beyond my wildest dreams, but I'm living. I'm doing things that are productive and fulfilling. Things that wouldn't be possible with alcohol in the equation.

One statistic I've just looked up is there are 3 million deaths worldwide from alcohol specific causes (liver cirrhosis etc) each year, which doesnt include accidents and other indirect causes.

You dont need to be one of them.

--------------------

"great things may come to those who wait, but only what's left by those who hustle"

Edited by Bumholio (04/27/19 05:18 AM)

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Re: Alcoholics Anonymous (Come and share thread) [Re: Bumholio] * 1
    #25958203 - 04/27/19 03:51 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Congratulations

First year anniversary is a triumph!

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
Re: Alcoholics Anonymous (Come and share thread) [Re: DryySocks]
    #25961960 - 04/29/19 06:49 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

DryySocks said:
What do you think about the idea of getting drunk, then consuming an extremely high amount of psilocybin as a means to confront my problem?

Will it create a divine intervention which will scare me out of ever drinking again? Or will it fuck me up completely?

I've experienced high dose psilocybin trips before, which have been extremely profound, in the range of 40g+ of magic truffles. My main concern is substance mixing and destroying my brain.

I wouldn’t mix them, the alcohol will muddy the whole experience.  Mushrooms can sometimes show you a clearer example of what you’re doing to yourself, but it’s still up to you to do the work.  It’s not a get out of jail free card, it’s a way that slips through your bullshit wall of defense you’ve been building up (mostly without realizing probably).  You already know or at least desire to quit drinking since it’s on your mind so it’s inconsequential what the mushrooms think about it...

--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*Mark 15:34:levitate::mushroom2::blueninja:
Gam zeh ya’avor...:sunny:

InvisibleThayendanegea
quiet walker
Male User Gallery

Re: Alcoholics Anonymous (Come and share thread) [Re: Amanita86]
    #25962610 - 04/29/19 12:42 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

That's awesome Bum!!! I like to say....You got through 1 of everything. 1 birthday, 1 Christmas, one New Years! It's a very good feeling. Just don't ever forget that the most important time with out a drink is 1 day....that's all any of us have.

As far as the drunken trip...I agree with Amanita ...booze just dulls the trip....better off taking a high dose completely sober in an easy going setting with no distractions.

--------------------

Albert Einstein

InvisibleFoggyDew
may contain nuts
Female User Gallery

Loc: Leinster, Ireland Flag
    #25970732 - 05/03/19 07:30 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Hello.
I’ve just stumbled across this thread. My diet the past two months has consisted of wine, coffee and antacids. I’m a functioning alcoholic on a good day but suffer with bipolar and haven’t been well, increased my drinking from up to one bottle a night to at least two. I can’t eat. I’m not even being sick anymore I’ve become so accustomed to drinking too much and not eating. I’ve too many responsibilities to enter rehab. A single parent to one teen, two dogs and a cat.

Smoke pot too but managed to cut down to one spliff before bed. Seem to have addiction issues regardless of substance. Before wine it was multiple joints per day, prior to that it was coke.

Any advice? I’m all ears.. I dunno what to do. I want to stop but I’ll just substitute it with something else :shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleBumholio
What's the craic
 User Gallery

Re: Alcoholics Anonymous (Come and share thread) [Re: FoggyDew]
    #25970973 - 05/03/19 11:07 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Hey foggy, maybe try some distraction techniques. Take up a new hobby, walking, running, gym. For me growing shroomz has been a massive help. Not just for taking them but reading a tonne of threads on here, learning and spending time fucking about trying out different stuff.

Adult colouring books were good for me in the early days (adult as in intricate patterns, not dicks and vagines). I know some people have found relaxation and meditation apps have been useful.

If you're likely to replace your addiction with another one, running is a good thing and very addictive. Set yourself an achievable goal, like running for 10 minutes without stopping. Then 20 minutes, half an hour, do 5k. You'll be surprised how quickly you meet your goals and it feels amazing when you do and you'll want to push yourself on to the next one.

Make a list of what you feel is good and bad about your drinking. I guarantee the list of bad will be longer than the good. Sounds obvious but when you see it written down infront of you itll help reinforce your desire to quit.

Good luck man, it is totally possible if it's what you really want.

--------------------

InvisibleFoggyDew
may contain nuts
Female User Gallery

Loc: Leinster, Ireland Flag
Re: Alcoholics Anonymous (Come and share thread) [Re: Bumholio]
    #25972348 - 05/04/19 03:22 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Hey Bum how are ya?
First off congratulations on your sobriety! Fair play to you man.

I’ve tried colouring books last time I tried to quit, which worked great for a couple of months til I just couldn’t bear to look at any more mandalas :laugh: I’m big into hiking yet don’t go enough unless it’s the season. Gonna take your advice on running though I’ve yet to try that one. I could really do with becoming addicted to running! I only really drink at night but since being off work it’s getting earlier by the day, like today I was on it by 4.

With regards to mushcult I’m slowly getting there - still getting to grips with clean cultures on agar, so far so good with the current batch, I’ve cyans and Galindoi going at the moment. Working on a patch for autumn but am having a go of stones first. I’m great at starting projects, terrible at finishing them. The fact I’m still interested in cultivation is promising. You’ve come a long way in a few short months, I remember reading a post of yours about getting into cult not so long ago - look at you now!  How’s the patch going? And you’re in the process of growing semis? Would love to know more!

Thinking perhaps attending meetings wouldn’t do any harm. Anytime I say to friends that I’m an alcoholic they say I’m not cause I’m high functioning and a 30 something woman. We’re all on the wine at night they say. I don’t know whether they’re trying to put my mind at ease or not but it’s actually having the opposite effect. To get the guts up to admit it to be told you’re not is a bit of a mind fuck.

I’ve done that list already and the cons drastically outweigh the pros. I’m quite reclusive so it’s been like a crutch to me I suppose. But if I’m on a rare night out in company I’ll drink like a fish cause I’m so uncomfortable and make a tit out of myself which upon reflection makes me reach for the bottle all the more the next day. I have fatty liver already sure I’m not even supposed to be drinking with the meds I’m on.

Will never go back on coke l, I know that much. If I quick drinking I’ll end up smoking joints all day again and that fucks with my moods. Cannabis works wonders for me in moderation.

That last thing you said there about really wanting to - I’m not convinced I do. As I said it’s my crutch. I need to stop for my physical health and mental wellbeing. But am I ready to - do I want to - I don’t think so

--------------------

InvisibleBumholio
What's the craic
 User Gallery

#25973142 - 05/05/19 02:10 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks Foggy, I'm good, cheers.

You've taken the first step, which is acknowledging your drinking is a problem, so that's good. Regarding the social side of drinking, when the time comes and you do decide to quit you might need to look at distancing yourself from your current group of friends if they arent going to be supportive. I know thats probably not what you want to hear, but certainly in the early days, if they dont think you have a problem the chances are they're going to talk you in to it and if you're anything like me you'll probably not take much convincing.

I'm the same as you with projects, but I would get completely obsessed with something for 6 or 12 months, get really good at it then just give up because itd get in the way of drinking (infact my whole life got in the way of drinking) so I'm really pleased that shroomz are still fascinating and exciting to me. I've been away for 10 days and I'm really eager to get back and see what's been going on lol. I'm pretty sure if my ps cyans have grown any, the slugs will have got them but hey ho :shrug: and I've started some more semis on agar so I should be able to inoculate some grains when I get back:rockon:

I've been staying with friends this weekend and for about 20 years our friendship has been based solely on drinking. I think they were a bit apprehensive about having me stay because we'd not be going out on pub crawls like usual, but they even said yesterday it was so nice to wake up on a Saturday and not feel like pure shite lol.

When I tried to quit a few years ago I just replaced drink with weed. I've always needed a crutch or thought I did and was always of the opinion that reality is shit and wanting something to alter it. Even after I came out of rehab last may I started fucking about with codeine, fortunately I caught myself on fairly quickly and stopped that shit. I really dont know what's different now but, aside from tripping, I love the clarity of being sober. I think much better, I'm more organised, shit gets done instead of being left for months and months it's great.

Definitely give AA a go, it is by no means a magic bullet and it's not for everyone, it wasnt for me, (sorry Thayendanegea) but even if it gets you out the house at the time you are wanting a drink, it's the perfect distraction.

You might not want to or be ready to quit now but the time will come. You might need to go through a lot more shit before you get there but you'll be a better person for it. I don't think I'd change what happened to me because I appreciate the way things are now so much more.

--------------------

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

#25973498 - 05/05/19 09:12 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Any advice?

Don’t drink.

As snarky or assholish as that may sound, ultimately it’s as simple and hard as that.

AA helps me.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA Flag
    #25975135 - 05/06/19 07:09 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

My wife was given naltrexone for alcoholism and it helped her, she has 2 yrs sober now. The naltrexone took away her desire to drink.

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

Edited by Doc9151 (05/06/19 07:10 AM)

Anonymous #17

Re: Alcoholics Anonymous (Come and share thread) [Re: Doc9151]
    #25975308 - 05/06/19 08:58 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

I was given once a month injections of naltrexone for the first year of my sobriety
and it really did help with the cravings. After that it was up to me.

I needed to quit because my compulsive daily drinking coupled with my developing cirrhosis
and having Hep C for over 30 years was literally killing me.

I finally (at age 55) accepted the fact that I was a chronic alcoholic
and despite numerous attempts to taper or control my drinking, or switch my choice of drink,
or quit on my own, I gave up and accepted help.
I willingly went into a 30 day detox/rehab program where I listened and learned about alcoholism.

When I got out, AA was crucial for me to stay sober. One day at a time worked for me
and having the support of other alcoholics meant so much.

I now have over 5 years of alcohol sobriety and no desire or compulsion to drink.
I got treatment for the HCV and it's no longer detectable in my body.
I don't work the best AA program but as long as I don't drink today
I'm confidant that I will stay sober.

Be well everyone, if a boozebag like me can quit, so can you.

:hug: . . . :peace:

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale