Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRrrr266
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: Turkey
ID requests, SW Turkey
    #25935687 - 04/15/19 09:10 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Hello everyone. I am an experienced hunter of local edible mushrooms that are kinda hard to misidentify but almost clueless about little brown ones, always assumed them all poisonous and never paid much attention to them before. I recently learned that there many psilocybin containing mushrooms in Turkey. This catalogue and a pretty good book on edible mushrooms of Turkey I got confirm that(without much info tho). So I went on quite a long trip yesterday to pay the attention to little brownies they deserves yet I couldn't spot many. I know it might not be the best time of year so I am planning make many more trips next autumn, hopefully with a better camera, and post my findings here.

All four species below were spotted yesterday(14th april)  past two sunny/cloudy days after heavy rains in southwestern anatolia. I will not eat any of them so wild guesses are welcome.

Habitat: horse dung
Cap: approx. 2-4cm in diameter, orange/brown on the center, sticky
Stem: fibrous, brittle
Scent: metallic/rusty iron
Spore print: black, brown for younger specimens with beige gills
Comment: not bruising. The ones in the second pic were very dehydrated. guessing agrocybe or panaeolus but the latter is  likely just my uneducated bias lol

Habitat: horse dung.
Cap: 1-3cm in diameter. Very thin and fragile, yellow to orange on the center. Sticky when wet.
Stem: super thin, not brittle.
Spores: yellow to light brown.
Scent: nothing distinct.
Comment: my guess is coprinellus sp. Might be wrong.

Habitat: soil with decaying wood and leaves.
Cap: 1 cm in diameter
Scent: nothing at all.
Spores: couldn't get anything, possibly white?
Comment: would be surprising if anyone can ID these tiny fellas.

Habitat: grassland manured by cows
Cap: 3-7cm in diameter
Stem: has an epic ring, fibrous
Scent: not distinctive, mushroomy.
Comment: they look like agaricus or amanitas to me. Much more abundant in autumn and they love to hang out with wild agaricus bisporuses. Always been told they are just poisonous because white gills = poisonous but reading about mushrooms taught me all generalizations about fungi are wrong so that could be wrong as well.

That is all for now. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Rrrr266 (04/15/19 12:55 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDuggstarMDiscord
 User Gallery

Loc: Ireland
Trusted Identifier
Re: ID requests, SW Turkey [Re: Rrrr266]
    #25935821 - 04/15/19 10:39 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

1. Protostropharia semiglobata.
2. Bolbitius titubans.
3. Psathyrella sp.
4. What colour is the spore print? Can the ring slide up and down the stem or is it attached to it? Is there any noticeable bruising or staining when you cut or injure it?

OfflineRrrr266
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: ID requests, SW Turkey [Re: Duggstar]
    #25936083 - 04/15/19 12:40 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Duggstar said:
1. Protostropharia semiglobata.
2. Bolbitius titubans.
3. Psathyrella sp.
4. What colour is the spore print? Can the ring slide up and down the stem or is it attached to it? Is there any noticeable bruising or staining when you cut or injure it?

Wow nice! The last one's ring is attached. I didn't make a spore print but they bruise a faint yellow if that helps.

OfflineDuggstarMDiscord
 User Gallery

Loc: Ireland
Trusted Identifier
Re: ID requests, SW Turkey [Re: Rrrr266]
    #25936436 - 04/15/19 03:20 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Compare to Macrolepiota excoriate.
Actually I think it looks too small to be that species, could be Lepiota. Could you take closer in-focus pics and take measurements of the cap and stem?

Edited by Duggstar (04/15/19 05:10 PM)

OfflineRrrr266
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: ID requests, SW Turkey [Re: Duggstar]
    #25937493 - 04/16/19 05:17 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

No, I didn't keep it. I'll go get the little one in the weekend and bump this thread with more info.

They indeed look like a macrolepiota species. Spore colour will help a lot to pinpoint. I already know they don't grow very tall tho. Maybe 15cm max.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates