Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: What caused Terence McKenna's Death? Drugs or Natural Cause [Re: endogenous]
    #23874118 - 11/28/16 02:59 AM (7 years, 3 months ago)

Did not know that. Thanks for the history lesson.

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | πŸ’§ Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method πŸ’§ | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebudafuko
Stranger

Re: What caused Terence McKenna's Death? Drugs or Natural Cause [Re: trees]
    #25934322 - 04/14/19 02:03 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

His doctor told him that his drug use had nothing to do with his brain cancer it doesn't break down the blood-brain barrier so this is completely false information and I had an epiphany that cell phone use caused his brain cancer which made me type in cell phone Terence McKenna into Google and this popped up so I completely agree with anyone who thinks it might have been cell phone usage that caused his cancer please use headphones

Offlinepsychoticbatt
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: What caused Terence McKenna's Death? Drugs or Natural Cause [Re: budafuko]
    #26102450 - 07/11/19 02:45 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

My theory on this is that it was not the drugs that caused his cancer, but his pushing human thought to the limits and beyond. Maybe he was asking too much of his brain. He opened too many doors. All great progress comes with sacrifice. Perhaps he took a hit as an individual so that the species as a whole could benefit?

Just a thought...

OfflineBlue Cthulhu
Undefined
 User Gallery

Loc: With the loons
Re: What caused Terence McKenna's Death? Drugs or Natural Cause [Re: psychoticbatt]
    #26102753 - 07/11/19 05:37 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

One time, in the midst of a powerful mushroom trip, I thought of Terence McKenna and how he advocated asking the mushroom questions. So, for whatever, reason, I asked the mushroom: "why did Terence get brain cancer?"

My trip journal of that experience says: "In response, I feel a churning of the visual space, trying to show me something quite complex. Through a haze I see a red car. There seems to be a struggle forming a full picture/answer, so I say internally, 'it's okay, I don't really need to know. This is coming from my own fear of death/cancer.'"

For what it's worth :rolleyes:

--------------------
:musicnote:  :royalrainbow:
"Things are true that I forget, but no one taught that to me yet."
A disembodied-re-embodied consciousness be-ing
(With all the accoutrements.)

Invisibletrees
 User Gallery

Re: What caused Terence McKenna's Death? Drugs or Natural Cause [Re: Blue Cthulhu]
    #26103119 - 07/11/19 08:46 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

He said he had increasingly intense migraines throughout his whole life. They were probably causing cellular damage and oxidation of brain tissue. Glial cells are most prone to this compared to other brain cell types. hence common glioma. Some medical examinations show some migraine sufferers are left with brain lesions (scars). These can later change form possibly to cancer. He probably never really addressed or solved the root of the problem and instead lived with it, which ultimatley killed him. It was probably exacerbated by his use of drugs and habitually intense thinking, whether it be a mental trigger that Induces damage causing migraines. He also had sketch drinking water at his house

--------------------
Trees is dead, this is his mum posting

OfflineCh33ky
Voyager
 User Gallery

Loc: United States Flag
Re: What caused Terence McKenna's Death? Drugs or Natural Cause [Re: Noviseer]
    #27130571 - 01/06/21 01:59 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Oh man, quite a while since his passing. I couldn't say how he died, I certainly think about it a lot. Could have been from environmental factors for all I know:confused:. It will forever be a mystery to me, and as time passes I find it harder to put the pieces together. To bad I never had a chance to meet the guy. Such an interesting person. If only he was still here with us. :heart: :mushroom2:

--------------------
~.>

OfflineLoaded Shaman
Psychophysiologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Now O'Clock
Re: What caused Terence McKenna's Death? Drugs or Natural Cause [Re: Ch33ky] * 3
    #27134280 - 01/07/21 11:52 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance." β€” Confucius

OfflineKaldius
Stranger
Re: What caused Terence McKenna's Death? Drugs or Natural Cause [Re: Loaded Shaman]
    #27511333 - 10/20/21 12:10 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Oh that sucks, I just discovered this guy on youtube live stream so I thought he was alive and was excited at the prospect of getting to meet him in person one day and here him speak.

InvisibleThe Blind Ass
Bodhi
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Primordial Mind
Re: What caused Terence McKenna's Death? Drugs or Natural Cause [Re: Kaldius] * 2
    #27511344 - 10/20/21 12:19 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

He died from cancer.  He died because he lived!  The cycle of it all.  That’s part of how she goes.
Anyways - dying due to β€œdrugs” should be considered a natural cause imho.
I get the technical distinction made between natural & an unnatural death, but it’s an invention.
How can a death be unnatural, truly?!  Are not all causes natural in the course of natural events…
Point being - Since when did anyone ever die of supernatural causes?

Well…if anyone…maybe T. McKenna :tongue2: :rolleyes: :shrug: :cheers:

--------------------
Give me Liberty caps -or- give me Death caps

Offlinevaroan
Stranger
Male
Re: What caused Terence McKenna's Death? Drugs or Natural Cause [Re: The Blind Ass]
    #27511359 - 10/20/21 12:30 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

Excessive use of cannabis could leave you more likely to get something else, but I don’t think it directly causes anything except for smoke related issues.

InvisibleShroomintune
Gentleman Farmer
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Outside of the Asylum
Re: What caused Terence McKenna's Death? Drugs or Natural Cause [Re: varoan]
    #27511735 - 10/20/21 07:44 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

No one can know for sure, but I would suspect environmental factors.  I have two friends who both died from neuroblastoma, a different type of rare brain cancer.  I'm pretty sure neither of them ever consumed an illicit substance in their lives.  But they both worked 20 year careers in a facility that was built on top of a decommissioned Air Force base, which is heavily contaminated with PFAS firefighting foam. 

https://dceg.cancer.gov/research/what-we-study/pfas

Unless you grew up in that time, it is difficult to conceive the scale of the environmental damage caused by the military-industrial complex between the beginning of WWII and the end of the cold war.  I fully expect to die of cancer at a fairly young age. It turns out that an aircraft fastener company in my town used to discharge their wastewater, full of hexavalent chromium and cadmium plating residues, right into a small stream.  That stream ran behind my High School and Junior High.  In cross country running club, we used to run up and down the bed of that creek getting completely covered in mud and silt and, it turns out, hex chrome and cadmium.  We also used to eat fish, crabs, and clams from the bay that the creek emptied into. It's a superfund site now, they've unsuccessfully tried to clean it up 3 times. 

If you live in the USA, there's likely a superfund site somewhere near you, too.    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Superfund_sites

Edited by Shroomintune (10/20/21 07:45 PM)

Offlineorison
mcfluffysugarnuts

Re: What caused Terence McKenna's Death? Drugs or Natural Cause [Re: Shroomintune]
    #27511746 - 10/20/21 07:50 PM (2 years, 5 months ago)

This universe is enteral. this fleeting moment in time is but a test to the creation.. Its endless. TM isnt dead hes just existing in another place. Im sure if you have had a glimpse of this place by now.. Keep on growing.. :smugjerry:

--------------------

OfflineXXfuzyxgamingXX
Bog Walker
Male User Gallery

Loc: In The Woods
Re: What caused Terence McKenna's Death? Drugs or Natural Cause [Re: orison]
    #27522108 - 10/28/21 08:43 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

I read this whole thread and I'm just here to talk about what people have said about "orange/red jungle spice dmt" being contaminated with chemicals.
Orange or red oily dmt is literally just plant fats and tannins along with dmt. That's it, that's all it is. That's why if you extract from acacia confusa and not MHRB you have to do a "de-fat" process or you're left with all oily shit. Acacia has much more plant fats that mimosa. It's not contaminated with chemicals from the extraction process. Lye and naphtha residue would leave a blue or green sludge. Not orange or red.
Also, red/orange jungle spice is fucking awesome haha. Wish I had some right now

--------------------

Offlinecandyman345
psychonaut

Re: What caused Terence McKenna's Death? Drugs or Natural Cause [Re: Noviseer]
    #27525574 - 10/31/21 05:20 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Noviseer said:
Allright, so terence Mckenna died at a relatively young age of a strange and rare form of brain cancer.  My friend insists its because he smoked way too much DMT.  Terence expressed the possibility that it was due to his decades of daily cannabis use.  What do you guys think? 

ive heard that

id imagine that certain impurities within the dmt would cause some unnatural imbalances within the brains complex

you bring up his daily cannabis use, it seems terance would use mushrooms and ketamine quite often as well seeing as cannabis k and mushrooms deal with memory, thinking, lethargy, and headaches i can only assume that over usage of any drug like these could cause an increase in brain matter from exercising the pineal gland way to often that the brain cells could go elsewhere and possibly cause a tumor/cancer

--------------------
β€œTurn on, tune in, drop out.” - Timothy Leary

β€œBe responsible, be safe, be kind
and know that everything will be fine.”

:loljesus:

OfflineXXfuzyxgamingXX
Bog Walker
Male User Gallery

Loc: In The Woods
Re: What caused Terence McKenna's Death? Drugs or Natural Cause [Re: candyman345]
    #27525693 - 10/31/21 07:06 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

candyman345 said:
Quote:

Noviseer said:
Allright, so terence Mckenna died at a relatively young age of a strange and rare form of brain cancer.  My friend insists its because he smoked way too much DMT.  Terence expressed the possibility that it was due to his decades of daily cannabis use.  What do you guys think? 

ive heard that

id imagine that certain impurities within the dmt would cause some unnatural imbalances within the brains complex

you bring up his daily cannabis use, it seems terance would use mushrooms and ketamine quite often as well seeing as cannabis k and mushrooms deal with memory, thinking, lethargy, and headaches i can only assume that over usage of any drug like these could cause an increase in brain matter from exercising the pineal gland way to often that the brain cells could go elsewhere and possibly cause a tumor/cancer

Impurities in dmt are just plant fats, waxes, and tannins. There aren't any chemicals left over from making it. Vn&p naphtha evaporates clean.
Of all the drugs terrence took, ketamine would be most likely to cause brain damage, in the form of "Olney's legions" which hasn't been shown from ket but can occur from overuse of dissociatives. But even that is unlikely.

--------------------

OfflineEclipse3130
Servant of the Fungi
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: What caused Terence McKenna's Death? Drugs or Natural Cause [Re: XXfuzyxgamingXX]
    #27525919 - 10/31/21 11:37 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

Heard a spiritual teacher once say he thought Terence's death was due to information overload from taking too much/too high of doses and or too often of psyches basically without being ready and fully able to process/integrate and channel the information/energy to the full extent(without proper spiritual training/meditation to be able to handle the events fully), caused tumors energy overflow through his crown chakra. Interesting idea

--------------------
"In The Material World One seeks retirement and grows Old
In The Magical World One seeks Enlightenment and grows Wiser
In The Miraculous World One seeks nothing and grows Lighter
As we all tread the Homeward Path we will explore many Realms
And one day... we will all Realize that all experiences are Simply
Different ways in which The
All-That Is
Perceives Itself"

Offlinecandyman345
psychonaut

Re: What caused Terence McKenna's Death? Drugs or Natural Cause [Re: Eclipse3130]
    #27555500 - 11/23/21 07:49 PM (2 years, 4 months ago)

yes his approach was a bit impatient

if you get into his lectures and remember most of what he says you can tell he was going too fast however I admire his creativity and want to bring about the psychedelic fields

--------------------
β€œTurn on, tune in, drop out.” - Timothy Leary

β€œBe responsible, be safe, be kind
and know that everything will be fine.”

:loljesus:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals