Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Memorex Cd's wont play in my saturn's cd player
    #2592664 - 04/22/04 09:01 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

i could use some help here guys, i bought a 100 pack of memorex cds that burn up to 52x. but none of the music cds and demos i burn will play in my cars sterio. The sterio is factory and made by a/c delco. it plays all of my other burned cds just fine. is there any way to make the cd's i burn work in my cars cd player?

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: Memorex Cd's wont play in my saturn's cd player [Re: ZippoZ]
    #2593205 - 04/22/04 11:29 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Try burning at a lower speed. 52x is incredibly fast!

I burn mine usually at 4x, just because 1 of my cd players is testy. There's nothing special about Memorex, unless maybe it's a black face CD?
Try 16x or 8x

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#2594687 - 04/23/04 12:02 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

its not back face, and i have tried all sorts of speeds and options and nothing works.

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
    #2594823 - 04/23/04 12:45 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

i swear by memorex. i have never had a memorex not work.

if the disk is rated for 52X then burning at 52X should be fine except for really old players just be aware that there is audio quality loss because at that speed error correction is impossible and there will be errors in the encoding. sometimes this is noticeable by clicks, pops, or it sounds like the CD skipped a half-beat.

here's my guess, try using CDRW's. it has something to do with the color of the dye and the effect it has on the angle the laser reflects. for example:

my dvd player: only plays CDRW or DVDRW
my stereo: plays anything i throw at it
cd changer: plays CDR only, will not play CDRW

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
    #2594964 - 04/23/04 01:23 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

i had a 100 rack of memorex's, too, and they work fine for me.. but my friend's CD player in his car is VERY testy with all the cd's i burn him.. they'll play, but there's a lot of weird stuff going on with them. it plays other burned discs fine. don't know what the problem is..

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#2597628 - 04/24/04 10:40 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

i have just decided that it is my cd player, and that im just going to burn 100 demo cd's and give them to other people.

--------------------
PEACE

Jump to top Pages: 1