Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: Basel Switzerland
Trusted Cultivator
JOC TEK Panaeolus cyanescens * 68
    #25925194 - 04/09/19 02:46 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

JOC PAN TEK

I get tons of messages and questions in threads regarding my tek for pans. While most of this info is already scattered among my other posts I'm going to put it all together so I can just send ppl here. So if your here then HI :lol:

I'm not going to go into much detail with the agar work as there are already tons of threads on them. I germ to malt\peptone (both will work although I find peptone more consistent) and then look for the fastest growing sections. You do not want to look for the thickest growth as often times the thick growths overlay later on, fast whispy growth is what you want.
If you are having issues with a culture on agar (stalling/failing to germ) you can get high tek with ur agar. as of now my favorite recipe for dealing with stubborn cultures is as follows
1000ml distilled water  (1000g)
8g malt extract
.5g peptone
.3g yeast
18g agar
4g potato starch

(Optional below)
.3 g ammonium citrate
.2 g thiamine
.2g magnesium phosphate

Once you have a good looking dish you have a few options. You can make LC and directly inoculate your sterile bulk let colonize break down in tray then allow a few days to re-consolodate then case. This works great I have no problems with it and I always do a few of them along side my G2B's, but I have noticed a slightly lower yield as the later flushes on my sterile trays are not as thick on average (this is only across about 20-30 trays so not a fact but it does seem to be a pattern) but were talking a 20% decrease at most not terrible.

I however mostly inoculate grain spawn with the dish themselves. I like to see the culture I am using, (I will use lc if my grain came out too dry tho).

For Grain I have used several different things:
  • Straight Rye berries works good pans seem to like it ok however they tend to take on excess moisture more so than other grains resulting in stalls.
  • Oats and Millet this works good sometimes although oats can be hit or miss some bags will just continually conatam and stall no matter what i do. even if the gourmets eat it up the pans often stall.
  • Rye and Millet  this is my Fav atm for pans. 25% rye 75% millet. cold soak for 24 hours in a bucket then pour that bucket into a strainer bucket and let it strain over night and some of the next day ( occasionally stir the grain around until all the suface moisture is the same (pretty much dry). then load  pc and sterilize.

Once fully colonized the growth may look very fine and whispy or it might be a little thicker. Both are good but you don't want marshmallow looking myc.
it will bruise in the jar (don't mistake it for contamination)

Bulk prep

For the pans I see a lot of recipes out there calling for 80% and up dung. This is completely unneeded and actually depending on the consistency of the dung your using would be too thick and cause your pans to go anaerobic. If your manure is perfectly aged and dried and is super light and fluffy you will have no problems with these ratios. However I often hear from people that they cannot get good aged manure, so far my recipe has worked with several diff quality manure however IME grass fed sun dried pile cooked cow manure works the best. .
They say pans are dung loving, but I think that they are really just grass loving and the manure helps the fungi absorb the nutes from the grass. So, by cutting straw into my dung it appears to still have that affect when you cut grass (straw) into it. Everything I have read says people experienced diminished yields when they dropped below 60% dung, but i use only 35% and get a average of 2.75oz dry a tray (3 "flushes")
so clearly they are getting the nutes required.

Anyway here is the recipe:
  • 65% chopped straw (no need to pre hydrate)
  • 35% manure
  • 5% verm
  • 1/2 cup gypsum (optional)
  • Mix in water and bring to field capacity

The next step I believe is integral to getting all the way to 3 flushes with pasteurized bulk.

When you pasteurize something you are trying to knock back any contams while leaving the microbes alive. The microbes act as a immune system of sorts for the substrate. Now, these microbes start to die off at about 170F and you need to maintain a bulk CORE temp of 160-168F for at least a hour. So to do this without ever exceeding 170F it takes a few hours, which if your trying to do this on a stove top can be taxing and use a lot of energy.

So! I use a electric rice cooker/pressure cooker i load my bulk in and set to keep warm mode which holds a perfect 162F i set it for 12 hours and go to bed. The next day I take it out and set on shelf in Lab for the microbe count to Build. I prefer to use bulk that is at least 5 days old. The longer I wait the lower my chances of contams. I have noticed this very consistently for about a year now. Then I load the bulk and colonized spawn into the trays at a ratio of 1:4. I mix it all together then put a fine layer of bulk on top to cover up any visible mycelium on the surface. Then I put the lid on and incubate 7-10 days.

Casing

This step is simple but very important to get right. the recipe is easy
  • 50% peat moss
  • 50% verm

You need to then balance your ph to 7.5. (HL is fine)

When you apply the casing you want to be sure that you spread it as thin as possible! You will still see myc poking thru. Give it 12 hours to consolidate after casing, and place into FC:

JOC Martha aka Jartha

The aspect of this tek that really makes it a "JOC" tek is the cycling of your chambers humidity. Pans love evaporation taking place on the surface of the substrate. Not only does it induce pinning but it encourages the fruits to grow bigger fuller and thicker. To achieve this evaporation you need 2 things: FAE and heat.

Once you crank up the temp you will notice your sub will quickly dry out, and while you can hand mist several times a day to keep it going before the pins arrive u once they do if you mist them you will kill them. This means you must water by hand with a syringe and if your cranking your evap you will be hand watering all day lol.

So the way the jartha works is the fogger kicks on filling the tent. Then, while the fogger is still running, I have the fan (a bathroom fan down low than sucks air in thru the hepa filter mounted to the top of the tent) set to kick on so that it drags the fog down into the casings of the trays (the fogger is also up top feeding down). Then the fogger kicks off and the fan continues to run for 45 seconds  to 1min (I'm constantly adjusting times slightly as the room rh changes) pulling in a bunch of hot dry air into the tent down across the trays and leaving the tent a dry hot place. This is when most of your evaporation takes place.

The tent will sit like this for about 10 min then the fogger will kick back on and the re-hydration stage starts up and the cycle repeats. now I can crank my evap and it waters itself without frying my fruits.

Everything .

Material List
  • Green house tent
    =1557513327&s=gateway&sr=8-
    12 head house of hydro fogger in a tote that feeds 2 tents)
  • Drip tray  $10
  • Sum hosing $10,
  • Bathroom fan $16
  • Honeywell fan hepa filter
  • Velcro
  • Duct tape (I use gorilla tape but ill call it DT)
  • Plastic wrap.
  • LED light strips multi spectrum is $50 the white $35
  • A plug to hardwire the bathroom fan to if it does not come with a plug (often don't)
  • You will probaly need sum extension cords and a powerstrip

Assembly Procedure
  • To start lay out a piece of plastic wrap and then set your tent on top.
  • Fold the plastic up around all four sides of then and seal with duct tape.
  • Cut the plastic wrap so it and drop down in front where the tent zipper door is, then use the adhesive Velcro to put it up and down as you need to access then tent. (This makes sure that when then fan kicks on most of your air is sucked in thru the filter, and it also keeps your fog from escaping.)
  • Next you need to attach the bathroom fan to the bottom of the tent so its pulling air. Trace it, cut a square, duct tape it in place.
  • Then trace and cut the hepa filter in up top and seal with DT.
  • Then lift the entire jartha up and set it on the drip tray. (This just protects your floors and helps keep bugs out.)
  • Then take the strip lights and attach them to the bottoms of the shelves and the top of tent.
  • Then cut your hosing so it comes up out of your humidifier and shoots down into the top of the tent ( i have the o2 condesner hosed into the fogger system but thats extra).

Aside: Kratom loves the enviroment in the Jartha and clones do well on the bottom shelf that i dont use anyway because its so close to the ground.

JOC Pano tub system

This tek fallows the same concept as the martha except the system is connected to mono tubs. This design works incredibly, so much so that I stopped using it because I just did not need that much :lol: . my wife and a few other family members use it as medicine.

It can handle up to 6 116 qt tubs. I have 2 stacks of 3 tubs on either side of a center tub that has been fitted with a fogger and bathroom fan (blowing in). The fogger is so you can adjust the humidity of your dry air coming in because with these if your not careful you will fry your fruits. (I think its because it is a smaller, even more controlled system, than the jartha.)

This is your air handling system. Off of this center tub are 3 hoses on either side which lead into high side of your tubs. Use a 2.5 gallon water jug and attach it to the humidifier (same model as the jartha). Off of it i have 6 hoses leading into each tub right next to the air line.

I do have holes cut down low on the mono tubs but instead of polyfill i use vent filters. This is just so the air and fog can go down into the surface and out the sides. I also had my oxygen condenser feeding my fogger lines, but other than that it runs the same as the jartha.

The cycle timers are set to do the same cycling within the tubs now not all these pictures are of the final design. It took lots of prototypes and modding mistakes and do overs to get it just right but the description above is def the best version. I would take more pictures of it but it is disassembled atm.

Edited by Jakeoncid419 (03/26/22 06:57 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSFS96
AstroMan
 User Gallery

Loc: Valleys Of Neptune
Re: JOC TEK Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: Jakeoncid419] * 1
    #25925223 - 04/09/19 03:01 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Hell yeah im glad you posted this bro:thumbup: now I have a better idea of what I need to do now, my only problem I already mounted my fan up top and was going to put filter at the bottom, will it work this way?

--------------------
How I make and preserve tea

Consuming consumes a man That was never a purpose of life To only crave for material joys Is believing the lie - Mellow Mood

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: JOC TEK Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: SFS96] * 1
    #25925227 - 04/09/19 03:04 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

SFS96 said:
Hell yeah im glad you posted this bro:thumbup: now I have a better idea of what I need to do now, my only problem I already mounted my fan up top and was going to put filter at the bottom, will it work this way?

Mmmmm prolly not the dragging the fog down into ur surface is a big part of it. Otherwise you’re going to find yourself doing some hand watering it will still work I made this same mistake at one point alsoBut it’s definitely worth it to correct it

OfflineSFS96
AstroMan
 User Gallery

Loc: Valleys Of Neptune
    #25925233 - 04/09/19 03:06 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

For sure I was going based off your old Martha setup lol I already mounted the fans but I’ll change my setup thanks:rockon:

--------------------
How I make and preserve tea

Consuming consumes a man That was never a purpose of life To only crave for material joys Is believing the lie - Mellow Mood

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: JOC TEK Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: SFS96] * 1
    #25925248 - 04/09/19 03:14 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

SFS96 said:
For sure I was going based off your old Martha setup lol I already mounted the fans but I’ll change my setup thanks:rockon:

Lol yeah sry about that. Working all this out has been a process And I have posted all along the way so I wanted to make a final compilation of what I believe is my finished design

--------------------
Natural omt/detox
online  pant cult classes available last Saturday of every month go to buymeacoffee.com/jakeoncid to sign up (1 on 1 consultations also available
JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

InvisibleSunnyDayze
Finder of shrubberies
Female User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #25925298 - 04/09/19 03:39 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Great write up, thanks!

:yourock:

--------------------

OfflineShaperDreaming
Weirdo
Female User Gallery

Loc: United States Flag
Re: JOC TEK Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: SunnyDayze] * 1
    #25925317 - 04/09/19 03:46 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Awesome work! How do you test the pH on your casing?

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: JOC TEK Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: ShaperDreaming] * 1
    #25925351 - 04/09/19 04:11 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

ShaperDreaming said:
Awesome work! How do you test the pH on your casing?

Thanks everyone!
I use a rapid test ph wand. I also have the strips for the fulvic acid/water solution

--------------------
Natural omt/detox
online  pant cult classes available last Saturday of every month go to buymeacoffee.com/jakeoncid to sign up (1 on 1 consultations also available
JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

OfflineAsuraS
Cyantist

Loc: Texas
Trusted Cultivator
    #25925437 - 04/09/19 05:02 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Nice write up man! Bookmarked and added to my collection of "legends of pans" :lol:

OfflineGrimsweeper
don't fear the sweeper
 User Gallery

Loc: broom closet
Trusted Cultivator
Re: JOC TEK Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: Asura] * 1
    #25925519 - 04/09/19 05:50 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Bookmarked Jake thanks for spending the time to write it up.

--------------------
When you clean a vacuum cleaner you are a vacuum cleaner
Build yourself a Flow Hood in these 99 simple steps

OfflineSubfinder
Wildlife enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pennsylvania
Re: JOC TEK Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: Grimsweeper] * 1
    #25925570 - 04/09/19 06:24 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Boy did I need this...got pans 100% colonized. On to spawning to bulk.

Thanks a ton Jake!

InvisibleiSMOKErocks
the dude abides

Loc: The White House
Re: JOC TEK Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: Subfinder] * 1
    #25925925 - 04/09/19 10:45 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

This is great !  My agar is looking good and I’ve been planning a similar setup based off your help Jakeoncid !

I just got a ultrasonic single disk fogger I’m rigging with a small fan to run a one tub setup! I’m doing a smaller setup but once it’s all put together I’ll update some pics!

--------------------
:freakout:  " Being challenged in life is inevitable being defeated is optional."

OfflinePuduwoke
mushroom enthusiastic

Re: JOC TEK Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: Subfinder] * 1
    #25925936 - 04/09/19 11:02 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for writing this Jake!
I was one of those people asking you a lot of questions haha:hereyougo:

Anyhow awesome write up and a lot of good info!

--------------------
:sporedrop:Trade List:sporedrop:

LAGM2021

OfflineTweeq
Tweeq of Nature
Male

Loc: Netherlands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: JOC TEK Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: Puduwoke] * 1
    #25926476 - 04/10/19 08:59 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Many thanks Jake for this outstanding writeup! This is going to help us a lot when we build our own JOC Martha!

You make growing Panaeolus look easy, even though I know it won't be :smile:

Thanks for everything you do for mush cult, helping us out and teaching us!

InvisibleBumholio
What's the craic
 User Gallery

Loc: Shroomsville
Re: JOC TEK Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: Tweeq] * 1
    #25927097 - 04/10/19 03:13 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

:popcorn:

--------------------

"great things may come to those who wait, but only what's left by those who hustle"

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: JOC TEK Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: Bumholio] * 2
    #25927601 - 04/10/19 08:01 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks everyone! Also I should note that a good starting place for your timers is
Fogger 3min on 10 min off
Fan 3 min on 9 min off
Start your fan on the 2 min mark after your fogger comes on that will creat a repeating cycle.

--------------------
Natural omt/detox
JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

OfflineGrimsweeper
don't fear the sweeper
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #25929164 - 04/11/19 04:00 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Hey Jake I was looking at Air innovations humidifiers but my concern is some may not cycle 'on' with a repeat cycle timer but just turn the power on. Have you had any trouble, which one do you have?

--------------------
When you clean a vacuum cleaner you are a vacuum cleaner
Build yourself a Flow Hood in these 99 simple steps

OfflineShaperDreaming
Weirdo
Female User Gallery

Loc: United States Flag
Re: JOC TEK Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: Grimsweeper] * 1
    #25929192 - 04/11/19 04:12 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Grimsweeper said:
Hey Jake I was looking at Air innovations humidifiers but my concern is some may not cycle 'on' with a repeat cycle timer but just turn the power on. Have you had any trouble, which one do you have?

So, this is off the $40 one on Amazon, which looks like it has a dial. From my understanding these are the ones you want with automated hydro...emers? Fuck whatever they are that regulate the RH%. So that way when the power turns "ON" then it's already set to just blow the water vapor. Right?

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: JOC TEK Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: ShaperDreaming] * 1
    #25929226 - 04/11/19 04:33 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Yup those are what I have yeah you set the dial to the correct strength and every time the timer kicks  on so does it

--------------------
Natural omt/detox
JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

OfflineGrimsweeper
don't fear the sweeper
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #25929330 - 04/11/19 05:55 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Cool man I think I've finally justified the usefulness of what I like to cult enough for a GH. Shaper how you like the inkbird?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf