Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: Basel Switzerland
Trusted Cultivator
Re: JOC TEK Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: gtshroom]
    #25990506 - 05/13/19 06:03 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah it whole white Millet I get it from local horse feed store.
I’m now doing
50% Millet
35% rye
15% steam crimped oats

--------------------
Natural omt/detox
online  pant cult classes available last Saturday of every month go to buymeacoffee.com/jakeoncid to sign up (1 on 1 consultations also available
JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegtshroom
McKen'ed
 User Gallery
Re: JOC TEK Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: Jakeoncid419]
    #25990815 - 05/13/19 08:13 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Jakeoncid419 said:
Yeah it whole white Millet I get it from local horse feed store.
I’m now doing
50% Millet
35% rye
15% steam crimped oats

Thanks for the quick reply.
Another question: what is your grain prep technique? Adding dry grains and water to jars and then pc'ing or other?

THX again

Never mind I see the cold soak for 24 hrs

Edited by gtshroom (05/13/19 08:17 PM)

Offlinegtshroom
McKen'ed
 User Gallery
    #25994642 - 05/15/19 04:12 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

One more question:  what the majority of the spawn being millet and crimped oats, how long are you PC'ing your jars?

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #25994653 - 05/15/19 04:21 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

90 min

--------------------
Natural omt/detox
online  pant cult classes available last Saturday of every month go to buymeacoffee.com/jakeoncid to sign up (1 on 1 consultations also available
JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

Offlinegtshroom
McKen'ed
 User Gallery
    #25996934 - 05/16/19 09:34 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Thx for the last answer, just got some millet and they are soaking with the rye berries now.

Do you use all the shelves for the pan trays or do you have another strategy for tray placement? I am seeing varying humidity levels between the shelves and I am wondering if the fog should blow directly on the trays.

Thx for your patience answering my questions.
I am on the pursuit of the pan fruit.

InvisibleMr.guy
new guy
    #26033490 - 06/04/19 11:51 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

I'm about to start pans and follow this to a t wish me luck

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: JOC TEK Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: Mr.guy]
    #26033508 - 06/05/19 12:01 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Sry gets some how missed ur question yes I stagger the trays so one tray doesn’t get more fog than other also I’ll rotate their placement you will learn different spots are better for different stages of life.

Me.guy right on!!
take pictures and good luck!!!

--------------------
Natural omt/detox
JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

OfflineJericho_Button
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26038883 - 06/07/19 06:36 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Hey man! Awesome write-up, getting geared up to have a go myself. I had a go at a martha setup some years ago, but circumstances proved unworkable and I haven't had the chance to try again since...

I do have a couple more questions:

I have a reptifogger, I see you have used them but not for the martha, is it not powerful enough? I could easily get another.

What are you using for timers? I can only find mechanical ones with 15 minute segments or digital ones with limited program allowances. I have a zoo med hygro therm but I'm assumimg that it's incapable of achieving the automation cycle laid out here.

Are your substrate quantities percentage by  volume?

Can you clarify your suggested grain spawn to substrate ratio?

Would agar with just malt and dextrose be ok? Would you suggest definitely including yeast? I'd rather work without peptone and potato starch as they're not so easy to come by and I'm not super worried about substrate longevity, I'm still waiting on my first Pan fruits (cannot wait to get blasted by them). Last time I cultured I bought pre-poured rye agar, my print seemed to be clean and quality though, never had problems with spawn except with LCs.

I haven't the means to create automated pasturisation equipment, would 160F for 2 hours on the stove suffice? How do you feel about microwaving? (Not my style bit if it's effective I would be willing to give it a go)

By the way, after hundreds of hours of trawling through Shroomery and gathering info (starting 6 years ago) this is my first ever post! Glad to finally be involved on here. Hi to anyone that gives a shit x

:freewilly:

--------------------
Taking the 'I' out of 'I AM' since never and a day...

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: JOC TEK Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: Jericho_Button]
    #26039026 - 06/07/19 08:13 PM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Right on man
The timers are called repeat cycle timers (amazon)
Malt will work just more cultures stall for me on just malt but it will work fine.
1:4 ratio
2 hours (core temp)
Microwave not for pasteurization.

--------------------
Natural omt/detox
JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

OfflineJericho_Button
Stranger
 User Gallery

#26039455 - 06/08/19 03:09 AM (4 years, 9 months ago)

Damn, thanks for a quick reply! I don't know what I was thinking with the microwave question, I was half asleep when I wrote that post.
I'll try my luck and let you know how it goes; Tasmanian Pans from Hawkseye (where I discovered this tek!), I'll be sure to print. Good luck with the Liberty Caps, I'm excited to see how it turns out...

--------------------
Taking the 'I' out of 'I AM' since never and a day...

OfflineHrafnaFloki
Myconomadic
Male User Gallery

Re: JOC TEK Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: SFS96]
    #26072625 - 06/25/19 09:21 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

great write up and break down to your JOC TEK and its especially beautiful that you included in the write up JOC pan tub tek which is super helpful and i appreciate your attention to detail bro vs. how a lot of people that end up posting extremely vague instructions on a tek then they wonder why they get so many questions or angry responses.

--------------------
exotic species are my passion, cubes are my mindful meditation...

OfflineLegend21
Legend
Male User Gallery

Re: JOC TEK Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: HrafnaFloki]
    #26072662 - 06/25/19 09:45 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

What size hosing did you use and where’s you get it? I got the same humidifier as you and plan on following the same exact thing you do. Im guessing any hardware store. I found some wire cord organizer tubing but idk the diameter of it.

Also what’s the reasoning behind cycling so often? I know some people only do like 1 minute fan cycles every forty minutes. I see you’re doing it every few minutes.

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: JOC TEK Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: Legend21]
    #26072733 - 06/25/19 10:32 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

The hose is 1 1/4 spa hosing (Home Depot)
The cycling is to keep the case constantly evaporating & rehydrating. The fogger kicks on filling tent with fog Then halfway through it three minute run cycle my fans kick on pulling air in through the top of the tent and dragging the fog down into the surface of the trays. Then halfway through the fans cycle of three minutes the fogger kicks off and the fan continues to run for another minute and a half feeling that tent with dry hot air it then shuts off then the freshly hydrated casing where evaporates over the next 10 minutes before the cycle starts again my intervals are set as such because I am maximizing of my evaporation. As far as I can tell I’m at the max out for what my fans & foggers can handle but it more than enough. I’ve tried pushing it farther  But you usually end up over driving or over a hydrating and ruining your flush.

--------------------
Natural omt/detox
JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

OfflineLegend21
Legend
Male User Gallery

#26072831 - 06/25/19 11:29 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for answering all of those questions. I have one last question. Did you remove that little 360 degree turning swivel from your humidifier before putting the tube in? Or just slap it on top of that?

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: JOC TEK Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: Legend21]
    #26072868 - 06/25/19 11:55 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Remove, & np brother glad to help

--------------------
Natural omt/detox
JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

Edited by Jakeoncid419 (06/25/19 11:55 AM)

OfflineTweeq
Tweeq of Nature
Male

Loc: Netherlands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #26097713 - 07/09/19 08:49 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Hello Jake!

In your op where you explain the tub system there are a few things that I'm not getting.
There is talk of a humidifier, a fogger and a oxygen condenser: are these three words for the same thing or are they three separate units that do different things?

Out of the description I would think that a fogger is not a humidifier? This is where my English lets me down..

We have no room for a martha unfortunately, so I'm trying to devise a small version of your tub setup. Not giving up on growing Pans!

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: JOC TEK Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: Tweeq]
    #26097868 - 07/09/19 10:32 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Fogger and humidifiers are the same thing.  The Oxygen condenser is something different however it is not needed I am just experimenting with in Riched oxygen environment however so far I’ve found that high evaporation is more important. When doing the tub design the most important thing is to pay attention to the Thermo dynamics within your tub like the Martha you want your cycling system to force the fog down into the casing then suck him dry air and allow it to evaporate then repeat

--------------------
Natural omt/detox
JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

OfflineTweeq
Tweeq of Nature
Male

Loc: Netherlands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #26097959 - 07/09/19 11:26 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Jakeoncid419 said:
Fogger and humidifiers are the same thing.  The Oxygen condenser is something different however it is not needed I am just experimenting with in Riched oxygen environment however so far I’ve found that high evaporation is more important. When doing the tub design the most important thing is to pay attention to the Thermo dynamics within your tub like the Martha you want your cycling system to force the fog down into the casing then suck him dry air and allow it to evaporate then repeat

Ah. Thank you for explaining that Jake. I was confused af about that.

I'll have to get everything scaled down to smaller proportions bc I don't want to do six of those giant tubs at once. I'll have to McGyver something that is gonna be a LOT smaller, like 2 small tubs unstead of six large ones.. The gf is hung up on the space factor although I think a Martha is pretty space efficient already.

Well, there is still time as I have no LC brewing atm. Still looking for good fast growth on my ms Pan dishes

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: JOC TEK Panaeolus cyanescens [Re: Tweeq]
    #26100023 - 07/10/19 10:38 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Very cool. Yeah you can scale it down pretty easily. I still would instal a Expansion chamber because it allows the fog to adjust to the same temperature as the room so you don’t get a bunch of condensation buildup inside of your tub

--------------------
Natural omt/detox
JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

OfflineLegend21
Legend
Male User Gallery

#26117825 - 07/19/19 12:02 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

I just started chopping some straw, it’s my first time working with it.

Kind of hard to guess field capacity with the straw but hopefully I got it right. How small do you usually chop your straw up? Yeah

This is what I got as of right now

Idk if that straw is too big.

I measured the percentages in quarts so 2.6 quarts of straw 1.2 or so of poo and .2 of verm Simon for four quarts of sub for my one quart of spawn.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates