Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Invisiblekr0nik0
Ole' Salty
Male User Gallery

Loc: Western Slope, CO Flag
Bought a new car this weekend. Everyone acts differently around me now. * 3
    #25922700 - 04/08/19 09:30 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

My entire town. Every single last person living here now won't pass me on the highway.
They stop at stop signs for a good 5-10 seconds before moving in front of me.
As soon as I pull out of my house, everyone around me taps on their brakes and goes under the speed limit.

What in the actual fuck is going on?

:rofl:

For those of you that are interested in cars, I picked this 2010 CVPI P7B with 100k on the clock for $1800. Just about stole it at that price. Mint inside and out. Marauder suspension and intake (OEM). Handles like a sport's car compared to other Panther Platform Fords I've had in the past.

I have been looking at buying one of these for over a decade now, when they were still P71's. Mine was the second to last year they ever made these CVPI's, and only 20,000 were produced.

I'm quite infatuated with it as it's a blast to drive through these mountain roads. And it seems to only be going up in value every year for the last 5. :thumbup:

--------------------

“[...]the only people for me are the mad ones,
the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk,
mad to be saved,
desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OnlineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Bought a new car this weekend. Everyone acts differently around me now. [Re: kr0nik0] * 1
    #25922705 - 04/08/19 09:37 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

:lol:

Added bonus, cops wont pull you over!

Invisiblekr0nik0
Ole' Salty
Male User Gallery

Re: Bought a new car this weekend. Everyone acts differently around me now. [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #25922714 - 04/08/19 09:45 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

I've thought about that a lot. I actually picked it up on Friday and headed straight to the courthouse to take care of something. (It's attached to the police staton).

And it was interesting. The cops driving towards me, would wave initially, and then when they got close enough to see my face, they looked rather disappointed. lol

Then on Saturday I was out at a block party, and every single cop in that little ski town followed me around. It's just not a car you ever see here. That's why it was so cheap, even though it's worth about $5500, it's almost impossible to get around in the Winter with it.

So, yea, I think it could go both ways. Cops in towns that still use these as police vehicles probably will fuck with me less from now on, but towns that use something else as their squad cars, will most likely pay extra attention to me.

Thankfully the town that I actually live in, the closest police officer is about an hour away. That's why all my neighbors were freaking out a bit. We're not used to seeing cop cars around here.

--------------------

mad to be saved,
desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!”

Offlineparadoxlost
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Bought a new car this weekend. Everyone acts differently around me now. [Re: kr0nik0]
    #25922732 - 04/08/19 09:57 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

What did you expect to happen? You bought a cop car.

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
Re: Bought a new car this weekend. Everyone acts differently around me now. [Re: kr0nik0] * 1
    #25922733 - 04/08/19 09:57 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

You will get so annoyed by the fact the everybody will go exactly the speed limit in front of you.

--------------------

Invisiblekr0nik0
Ole' Salty
Male User Gallery

Re: Bought a new car this weekend. Everyone acts differently around me now. [Re: Patlal]
    #25922743 - 04/08/19 10:05 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Yea, it's already annoying.
I do however like the feeling of commanding the entire road at times. Especially not in my own town.
But I'm considering doing something to it that would clearly mark it a civilian car.
I don't know what yet... Any ideas?

--------------------

mad to be saved,

Invisiblekr0nik0
Ole' Salty
Male User Gallery

Re: Bought a new car this weekend. Everyone acts differently around me now. [Re: paradoxlost] * 3
    #25922753 - 04/08/19 10:09 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

paradoxlost said:

Sarcasm. The internet's toughest language to understand.

--------------------

mad to be saved,

InvisibleStoneJackBaller
Male User Gallery

Loc: tumbled down shack
    #25922761 - 04/08/19 10:15 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Western Slope is so nice.  If it is white maybe consider a different color and possibly? Some Grateful Dead bumper stickers or something similar might help! :tongue:

--------------------

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
    #25922768 - 04/08/19 10:18 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

kr0nik0 said:
I do however like the feeling of commanding the entire road at times. Especially not in my own town.
But I'm considering doing something to it that would clearly mark it a civilian car.

Take that spotlight off to start.

--------------------

Invisiblekr0nik0
Ole' Salty
Male User Gallery

Re: Bought a new car this weekend. Everyone acts differently around me now. [Re: StoneJackBaller]
    #25922792 - 04/08/19 10:27 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

That's my favorite part! :smile:

I love having it pointed at the mountains next to me while driving at night. I'm sorry man, but that's staying on.

Quote:

StoneJackBaller said:
Western Slope is so nice.  If it is white maybe consider a different color and possibly? Some Grateful Dead bumper stickers or something similar might help! :tongue:

No stickers. I want to keep it clean, but the only thing I can thing of is a skinny, 1 inch white stripe running the length of the car. There are small, red "out of service" banners you can put on your CVPI, but they look ugly AF>

And Western Slope...Home. The most beautiful place in the world. (I'm down valley from Telluride)
And hope to be here for the rest of my life.

--------------------

mad to be saved,

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

#25922801 - 04/08/19 10:29 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

kr0nik0 said:

Put this on it

--------------------

Invisiblekr0nik0
Ole' Salty
Male User Gallery

Re: Bought a new car this weekend. Everyone acts differently around me now. [Re: Patlal]
    #25922819 - 04/08/19 10:37 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

The first word that came to mind when I clicked the link was "wanker!"
And that word isn't part of my vocabulary ever. :lol:

Not derail my own thread,
But how have you been, Pat?
I think it's been a couple months since I've talked to you around these parts.
Is life treating you well?

--------------------

mad to be saved,

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Re: Bought a new car this weekend. Everyone acts differently around me now. [Re: kr0nik0]
    #25922833 - 04/08/19 10:42 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

:wtfno:  :kummeli:

--------------------

Invisiblekr0nik0
Ole' Salty
Male User Gallery

Re: Bought a new car this weekend. Everyone acts differently around me now. [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #25922849 - 04/08/19 10:48 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

I'll go a day without the spotlight and see how it feels man.
I don't want to ruin your day. lol

--------------------

mad to be saved,

OfflinePatlal
Male User Gallery

#25922854 - 04/08/19 10:51 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

kr0nik0 said:
The first word that came to mind when I clicked the link was "wanker!"
And that word isn't part of my vocabulary ever. :lol:

Not derail my own thread,
But how have you been, Pat?
I think it's been a couple months since I've talked to you around these parts.
Is life treating you well?

Meh.

--------------------

OfflineTripsurfer
Bring Back Asante!
Male

Loc: West of Windward Flag
    #25922863 - 04/08/19 10:54 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

I had the same thing when I started wearing a HiViz helmet on my motorcycle

People see the yellow helmet and automatically assume you are a cop :lol:

Car looks comfy. You say it does well on mountain roads? In what aspects? Seems more like a cruiser to me

--------------------
Ach en wee ben ik de klos, met mijn boog schoot ik een albatros...

A philosopher is a person who knows less and less about more and more, until he knows nothing about everything.

InvisibleStoneJackBaller
Male User Gallery

#25922869 - 04/08/19 10:56 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Maybe a stripe on the hood so people in front can see it and relax?  Spent a month traveling from Paonia to Aspen and fell in love with the whole place.

--------------------

Invisiblekr0nik0
Ole' Salty
Male User Gallery

Re: Bought a new car this weekend. Everyone acts differently around me now. [Re: Tripsurfer] * 1
    #25922907 - 04/08/19 11:14 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Tripsurfer said:

Car looks comfy. You say it does well on mountain roads? In what aspects? Seems more like a cruiser to me

I've owned 3 cars over the years with the same chassis. But using the civilian floaty suspension set up in those cars.

Since this one is a former police car, and it's a 2010, it was fitted with the suspension and just about the entire front end of the Mercury Marauder (The racing version of the Crown Vic). Rear anti-sway bars, and has about a dozen extra reinforced weld points on the frame to which makes it really rigid, but it was done this way to safely execute PIT maneuvers.

So, yea, she's a big girl. But she's really nimble. Almost no body roll on extremely tight turns.
It was a surprise to me as well.

--------------------

mad to be saved,

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

#25923111 - 04/08/19 12:48 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

kr0nik0 said:
Quote:

Tripsurfer said:

I've owned 3 cars over the years with the same chassis. But using the civilian floaty suspension set up in those cars.

Since this one is a former police car, and it's a 2010, it was fitted with the suspension and just about the entire front end of the Mercury Marauder (The racing version of the Crown Vic). Rear anti-sway bars, and has about a dozen extra reinforced weld points on the frame to which makes it really rigid, but it was done this way to safely execute PIT maneuvers.

So, yea, she's a big girl. But she's really nimble. Almost no body roll on extremely tight turns.
It was a surprise to me as well

I dated a girl like that,lol.

--------------------

OnlineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25923114 - 04/08/19 12:51 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

U should add some white racing stripes :yesnod:

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Bought a new car this weekend. Everyone acts differently around me now. [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #25923132 - 04/08/19 12:57 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

beautiful car OP

I used to have a black 95 regal, loved driving that thing

Edited by Konyap (04/08/19 12:58 PM)

OfflineHerbologist
Grrratata
I'm a teapot

Loc: Casa Bonita Flag
Re: Bought a new car this weekend. Everyone acts differently around me now. [Re: Konyap] * 2
    #25923192 - 04/08/19 01:34 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

put flames on the rear wheel well

--------------------
Shroomery Law:  Don't piss off the leftist mods & their friends! :banhamster:

Offlineichugwindex
Dex
Female User Gallery

Loc: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Re: Bought a new car this weekend. Everyone acts differently around me now. [Re: Herbologist] * 1
    #25923197 - 04/08/19 01:43 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

What you need my man is a lift kit and a cattle guard

--------------------
Only hope can give rise to the emotion we call despair. But it is nearly impossible for a man to try to live without hope, so I guess that leaves Man no choice but to walk around with despair as his companion.

InvisibleAmanita86
OTD Keymaster
 User Gallery

Loc: hades
    #25923233 - 04/08/19 02:05 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

You should put a flashy grill on it and somehow work an upside down cross up in the passenger corner of the windshield..

--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*Mark 15:34:levitate::mushroom2::blueninja:
Gam zeh ya’avor...:sunny:

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

Re: Bought a new car this weekend. Everyone acts differently around me now. [Re: Amanita86] * 3
    #25923238 - 04/08/19 02:09 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Nothing says “cool guy, not a cop” like a vinyl anime wrap.

InvisibleMalcolm_Xtasy
Oh baby what Is you doin??
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Bought a new car this weekend. Everyone acts differently around me now. [Re: Amanita86] * 3
    #25923240 - 04/08/19 02:10 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Kr0n definitely seems like he just wants any kind of attention at this point.. good or bad.

--------------------
I'm stupid, Enlil is smart.
I'm ugly, Enlil is beautiful.
I'm a loser, Enlil is a winner.
Someday, I hope to be like Enlil but secretly know I never will.

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
Re: Bought a new car this weekend. Everyone acts differently around me now. [Re: Malcolm_Xtasy] * 1
    #25923250 - 04/08/19 02:16 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Maybe extensive airbrushing is in order.

OfflinegopherS
Coffee Bean Extraordinaire
I'm a teapot

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Bought a new car this weekend. Everyone acts differently around me now. [Re: psi] * 2
    #25923288 - 04/08/19 02:37 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

get a cb radio for it, more antennas might help

--------------------
For most of the normies out there, an operating system is just a bootloader for Google Chrome.

Since Disney has obtained tremendous value from the public domain, knows how important the public domain is, and is firmly determined to never contribute anything to it.

My pronouns are He and Him, and my adjectives are Fat and Jazzy

:kratom:

OnlineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Bought a new car this weekend. Everyone acts differently around me now. [Re: gopher]
    #25923332 - 04/08/19 02:58 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

:lol:

Nice.

OfflineMandarinfish

#25923338 - 04/08/19 02:59 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Edited by Mandarinfish (07/21/20 06:52 PM)

OfflineMandarinfish

#25923342 - 04/08/19 03:01 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Edited by Mandarinfish (07/21/20 06:52 PM)

InvisibleTulipslave
Homo sapiens sapiens, lol

Re: Bought a new car this weekend. Everyone acts differently around me now. [Re: paradoxlost]
    #25923488 - 04/08/19 04:29 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

paradoxlost said:

This was already covered on The League

Invisiblekr0nik0
Ole' Salty
Male User Gallery

Re: Bought a new car this weekend. Everyone acts differently around me now. [Re: Mandarinfish]
    #25923573 - 04/08/19 05:21 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Malcolm_Xtasy said:
Kr0n definitely seems like he just wants any kind of attention at this point.. good or bad.

By buying a car that I can fit my family in?
My trucks are both single bench seats.

But you're fucking right. It draws all sorts of attention. I really didn't think it would be this much when I bought it.

I may be an attention seeking person, but not when it comes to this man.

Quote:

tyrannicalrex said:

I dated a girl like that,lol.

Big and nimble. I had an encounter with one of those once. Quite the ride.

Quote:

gopher said:
get a cb radio for it, more antennas might help

Only if you get them as well so we can be on the radio talking to each other at all times while driving.
CB Buddies 4 lyfe, yo.

Quote:

Burke Dennings said:
Nothing says “cool guy, not a cop” like a vinyl anime wrap.

I'm definitely going for a "cool guy, not a cop" look.
I don't think the anime wrap is gonna cut it though.
Something more along my finer tastes in life.
Perhaps a full gold wrap is in order?

Quote:

Mandarinfish said:
Actually, he can probably pass them all and nobody will say a thing.

I drive like a grandma. Have for years.

--------------------

mad to be saved,

InvisibleStoneJackBaller
Male User Gallery

Re: Bought a new car this weekend. Everyone acts differently around me now. [Re: Mandarinfish]
    #25923615 - 04/08/19 05:43 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Mandarinfish said:
They all think you're going to raid them now.  :rofldrunk:

If you pulled up to my joint in your bad ass mobile I'd likely shit a brick.  5 O

--------------------

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

Re: Bought a new car this weekend. Everyone acts differently around me now. [Re: kr0nik0] * 6
    #25923691 - 04/08/19 06:26 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Honestly man, Tron wrap.

OnlineLogicaL ChaosM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Bought a new car this weekend. Everyone acts differently around me now. [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #25923698 - 04/08/19 06:28 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Damn thats dope :solidnod:

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Bought a new car this weekend. Everyone acts differently around me now. [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #25923699 - 04/08/19 06:29 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

hahahaha good job man! :highfive1: in highschool my friend had a white one and one night he got the police lights app on hos phone, put it up in his windshield and rolled up on my friends and I at a park one night....we were smoking hella weed, freaked us the fuck out lol

--------------------
This is the way.....(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

Invisiblevenetianblinds
cabbage

#25923701 - 04/08/19 06:30 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

is it not going to get on your nerves when no one in front of you goes over the speed limit?

--------------------
How do you know but ev’ry Bird that cuts the airy way,
Is an immense world of delight, clos’d by your senses five?

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3

Re: Bought a new car this weekend. Everyone acts differently around me now. [Re: venetianblinds]
    #25923705 - 04/08/19 06:32 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

get a loud speaker...they are not illegal are they? if not would it be illigal to tell someone to pull over or get out of the way? lol

--------------------
This is the way.....(this account is automated, all posts related to illegal activities or advice thereof are strictly from numerous online sites and are for informational purposes only)- Circa 2011
Ban lotto

Offlinewatermelon mon
Willow Trees

Re: Bought a new car this weekend. Everyone acts differently around me now. [Re: spirit_shadow]
    #25923755 - 04/08/19 06:56 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Wouldn't want to do that

If you do get a loud speaker make sure to wish everyone a nice day

Say enjoy your meal everybody

Nice new ride man

--------------------
    :dazedandconfused:

Edited by watermelon mon (04/08/19 06:56 PM)

Offlinespirit_shadow
Beta Crypt 3

Re: Bought a new car this weekend. Everyone acts differently around me now. [Re: watermelon mon] * 1
    #25923852 - 04/08/19 08:00 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

watermelon mon said:
Wouldn't want to do that

If you do get a loud speaker make sure to wish everyone a nice day

Say enjoy your meal everybody

Nice new ride man

enjoy your day....and pull the vehicle over hahaha :awehigh:

--------------------
Ban lotto

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Bought a new car this weekend. Everyone acts differently around me now. [Re: spirit_shadow] * 1
    #25923886 - 04/08/19 08:33 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

get some flashing lights, a cb radio, you'll never have to do the speed limit ever again

Offlinewatermelon mon
Willow Trees

Re: Bought a new car this weekend. Everyone acts differently around me now. [Re: Konyap]
    #25923904 - 04/08/19 08:42 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Was coming up tripping walking down the road

All of these people were out enjoying food and stuff

I was just thinking enjoy your meal everybody

Thought about catching sunshine in a clear plastic cup

What a nice time it was

--------------------
    :dazedandconfused:

InvisibleMalcolm_Xtasy
Oh baby what Is you doin??
Trans-male User Gallery

Re: Bought a new car this weekend. Everyone acts differently around me now. [Re: watermelon mon]
    #25924505 - 04/09/19 07:53 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

By buying a car that I can fit my family in?
My trucks are both single bench seats.

But you're fucking right. It draws all sorts of attention. I really didn't think it would be this much when I bought it.

I may be an attention seeking person, but not when it comes to this man.

haha i was mostly busting your balls man. You just seemed surprised that you're getting attention from a car that's literally meant to draw attention. I thought it was funny bc of the face tatt stuff as well.

--------------------
I'm stupid, Enlil is smart.
I'm ugly, Enlil is beautiful.
I'm a loser, Enlil is a winner.
Someday, I hope to be like Enlil but secretly know I never will.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Bought a new car this weekend. Everyone acts differently around me now. [Re: Malcolm_Xtasy]
    #25924546 - 04/09/19 08:16 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Escaped prisoner steals cop car

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order