Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
suicide
    #2592198 - 04/22/04 07:04 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I don't understand why people are so quick to judge and condemn those who've committed suicide. People say well they probably went to hell just for that. Suicide is about mercy, wanting to end suffering. We don't have the right to do it but other people don't have the right to fuck with people like they do. Things are fair in the end I think. People before they commit suicide feel sad and they say i'm sorry that i'm not stronger. They ask forgiveness for themselves. I believe God forgives those who take their own life. I think he grants forgiveness whenever it is asked, and the challenge is only to ask it.

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
Re: suicide [Re: question_for_joo]
    #2592241 - 04/22/04 07:17 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I think that suicide is something that takes a lot of ...courage... to do. I would never be strong enough to do it. People judge suicide too quickly. Saying things like "too bad those people are so crazy in the head" and stuff like that. It always bugs me when I hear people talking about suicide that way.

--------------------

Offlineangryjslice
now with 20%more anger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #2592290 - 04/22/04 07:28 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

heres two quotes

"Suicide often arises not from a hatred of life, but from a lust for it, a desire for things to be otherwise, for life to be full when it appears not to be. "
- Stephen Levine

"Sometimes I wonder if suicides aren't in fact sad guardians of the meaning of life."
-Havel

~JSLice~

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2592296 - 04/22/04 07:29 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I think God forgives suicide, too. But I also think that suicide is an easy way out. Life is hard, at times, and there's lots of stuff to figure out. Might as well learn it now or we'll be back.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #2592378 - 04/22/04 07:43 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Suicide is for those too pussy to put up with life.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

Re: suicide [Re: Frog]
    #2592405 - 04/22/04 07:46 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

You will miss out on a lot of lessons and have to wait longer for the mind to shed itself from its current limitations. The process of evolution will have been delayed. The entire expirence is quite necessary, despite what you think you believe at that moment ultimate selfishness.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: suicide [Re: Sclorch]
    #2592647 - 04/22/04 08:56 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Chill out man, you, or me, will never be able to fully understand the pain people who commit suicide are in. Do not be so quick to dish out comments as those.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: suicide [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2592776 - 04/22/04 09:31 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Well, Sclorch may have phrased it badly, but I agree, suicide is for the weak. But also yes, I agree, that those who commit suicide are in a lot of pain. Still, it's the easy way out. It's harder to work on the issues that cause one to feel like commit suicide in the first place. And karma, ya know.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: suicide [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2593237 - 04/22/04 11:37 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

2Experimental said:
Chill out man, you, or me, will never be able to fully understand the pain people who commit suicide are in. Do not be so quick to dish out comments as those.

As if I speak without personal experience... I dish out with plenty of discretion.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Offlinefaelr
the darkestlight

Loc: st.louis
    #2593364 - 04/23/04 12:12 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

question_for_joo said:
I don't understand why people are so quick to judge and condemn those who've committed suicide. People say well they probably went to hell just for that. Suicide is about mercy, wanting to end suffering. We don't have the right to do it but other people don't have the right to fuck with people like they do. Things are fair in the end I think. People before they commit suicide feel sad and they say i'm sorry that i'm not stronger. They ask forgiveness for themselves. I believe God forgives those who take their own life. I think he grants forgiveness whenever it is asked, and the challenge is only to ask it.

i don't think that god forgives ones who take their own life.
for one, they're weak, if anything at all this just proves nature right. only the strong will survive.
and before anyone gets all high and mighty, i've had 2 suicide cases in my family and one friend, that have given up on life.
these little fucks are all self-absorbed thinking that they have the worst life ever. fuck that!
i've had it bad and so has everyone else. what make them so special? why should i feel compassion for someone, who most likely had many more years ahead of themselves, that gives up on life so quickly.
there are to many people in this world that take life for granted and those that say fuck it and give up, should go to hell, if there is ever a place.

i'll seldom show any compassion for anyone who gives up on anything, especially with regards to life.

--------------------
where i walk, i walk alone. when i fight, i fight alone. i am no one and i am nothing. yet all is that i am.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: suicide [Re: faelr]
    #2593396 - 04/23/04 12:22 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Everyone deserves compassion, especially those who commit suicide.

Yes, it may be weak. Yes, they may be giving up for reasons not as strong as our reasons to keep living, but they still deserve compassion.

Keep in mind...

They have to plan their own demise. Think on that. Knowing that they are doing something to stop their own heart. In a sense, that takes a certain type of courage.

And think on their pain. They deserve compassion that they felt that the pain that existed in their minds could not be overcome by any deed they could personally perform.

Personally, I think that the courage to take your life is second-best to deciding to take life on, but that's just me, and I'm my own worst competition.

--------------------

Offlinefaelr
the darkestlight

#2593419 - 04/23/04 12:30 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

everyone one deserves compassion, yes i'll agree to that.
but, i don't believe it was their souls choice to make that decision.
i think sometimes the mind betrays the soul.

--------------------
where i walk, i walk alone. when i fight, i fight alone. i am no one and i am nothing. yet all is that i am.

InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #2593448 - 04/23/04 12:37 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I don't think people who commit suicide are doing something evil. They're just giving up.  :frown:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2593458 - 04/23/04 12:39 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I would agree with you, faelr. The soul is limited in what it can achieve by what these human bodies have been through.

Here's what I really like about what you said: I have had a difficult time telling the difference between the spirit, the mind, the body, and the soul.

You have shown me, in this discussion tonight, the difference between the mind and the soul. Thank you for that.

--------------------

Offlinefaelr
the darkestlight

#2593472 - 04/23/04 12:43 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

thanx!
i try to make do with what little help i can provide!:lol:

--------------------

Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
    #2593501 - 04/23/04 12:54 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I think suicide is unfortunate unless the person has chronic and incurable pain that severely lowers their quality of living. There is no such thing as a soul, the mind is you. Personally, suicide appears to be the ultimate act of free will. They are more free than the rest of us...not that I condone suicide, but that's just the emotional side of me speaking.

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

Offlinefaelr
the darkestlight

Re: suicide [Re: bert]
    #2593515 - 04/23/04 01:00 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

thats your belief.
i have my own.
like i say so many times...agree to disagree?:smirk:

--------------------

Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
    #2593525 - 04/23/04 01:08 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Well, we don't disagree except about the reasons behind the unacceptability of suicide.

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

Offlinefaelr
the darkestlight

Re: suicide [Re: bert]
    #2593539 - 04/23/04 01:14 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

can't argue with that!

--------------------

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #2593661 - 04/23/04 02:11 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Well here's my two coppers: One of the cliche's bandied about is "he was weak". But what is weak is an equation made of two things: the strength of the person plus whatever they had to bear. People seem to always leave out the last part of the equation. Sure if you are a 175 lb. man and I throw a 60 lb. weight on you, you can probably take it, but what about a 150 lb. weight??

Should we pretend that every person's burden is the same as every others? What is a challenge to one person could be nothing to another person! Could YOU bear the weight that the suicide bore RELATIVE to you? Good lord, they overcame the most basic instinct of ALL - to preserve life- is that easy??

Suicide is not the easy way out. It is the EASIER way out. There's nothing easy about it.
At the same time I won't hold out suicides as examples of courage.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order