Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
dignity
    #2592083 - 04/22/04 06:28 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I just began a new job recently. It seems now that things have settled out as much as they will. I get my orders straight from the president (it is a small business). He is a bully. He is aggressive, he tells me I should be aggressive as well. I try my best for him. I work my ass off, nine hours a day and usually don't get to take my lunch till after 2 but he still cuts me down two or three times a day. He does that routine "do you understand me yes or no?" and gets in my face like a pig or a drill seargent.
I have very little else going for me in my life beside this job right now. The way he treats me cuts down deep inside me and I spend a lot of time fantasizing about killing myself and killing others.
How do I maintain a sense of personal dignity when all my life people have been knocking me around? I remember once someone said it comes from within but I don't understand.

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: dignity [Re: question_for_joo]
    #2592286 - 04/22/04 07:26 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Hey,

You said that you just started this job recently, so you're still getting used to the atmosphere there. It will probably take time before you're able to let your boss's comments roll off your skin like water. In the meantime, try not to take his condescending attitude personally...it is the only way he probably knows to relate to people. Also, don't change yourself to suit his idea of "acceptable." In other words, if you're not comfortable being an aggressive asshole in the workplace, don't. Just be steady and confident and get the job done, and that should be enough for him. Next time when he gets in your face, just try to let it go.

Good luck!

*me*

OfflineoDin
    #2592657 - 04/22/04 08:59 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

i agree with shade but also dont "stick it out" in a miserable enviroment if you see no hope. i did that for too long and began to hate life, myself and its not fair to your friends and lover. life is actually quite short...live it as good as possible.

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
    #2593211 - 04/22/04 11:30 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Agreed with both.
See if you can find a way to be comfortable with the job, all the while doing the best you can. Give yourself a reasonable time limit -- and once it passes a point, start looking for another job. These things may either help you stick it out til you're set in this job, or at least give you a light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel knowing you can move on when you're ready on ~your~ terms.

You are not your job.

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order