Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: Why do they hate us? [Re: silversoul7]
    #2593281 - 04/22/04 11:50 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I say we trade freely with anyone who does not directly attack us (that includes supporting terrorism) and we stay out of other people's affairs. I think that is the only sane solution to our problems.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Why do they hate us? [Re: z@z.com]
    #2593345 - 04/23/04 12:06 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

z@z.com said:
I say we trade freely with anyone who does not directly attack us (that includes supporting terrorism) and we stay out of other people's affairs. I think that is the only sane solution to our problems.

I agree. But lets make sure that when trading with oppressive dictatorships, we maintain a business-only relationship.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #2593398 - 04/23/04 12:23 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
I agree. But lets make sure that when trading with oppressive dictatorships, we maintain a business-only relationship.

If we don't grant any favors to anyone as I propose I doubt that will be a problem.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
    #2593413 - 04/23/04 12:28 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I took a deeper look at the text describing US involvment in Bosnia and former Yugoslavia and I think that it's a bit overexagerated.
I used to be a Yugoslavian citizen and I could see what was going on from inside. I don't remember that USA was mentioned often as an important factor in the conflict. The general idea among common people was that USA is not interested because we don't have any oil. :lol:
The final military intervention had good and bad effects but at least it stopped the war.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #2593627 - 04/23/04 01:55 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

There is so much crap on that web page it would take weeks to debunk all of it. Having said that, I will concede some of the information there is probably accurate.

Zeronio has already chimed in with his view on the Balkan situation. By the way, my girlfriend was born in Croatia, though she moved to Germany as a young child and was raised there before travelling around and eventually settling here in the Dominican Republic. She says that her relatives agree with Zeronio's take on the situation.

I have posted here several times (can be found in the PA&L archives) a thorough debunking of the crap about the US involvement in the Dominican Republic after Bosch had been overthrown by a Dominican military junta. The article has got it exactly reversed -- without US intervention there would have been no second free election. Dominicans don't hate the US, they freaking love the US, for exactly that reason.

If the rest of this guy's "reporting" is as accurate as those two instances (the Balkans and the Dominican Republic), it's worth less than a cup of warm donkey spit.

pinky

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Why do they hate us? [Re: Phred]
    #2593662 - 04/23/04 02:13 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

How much does a cup of warm donkey spit cost in the Dominican Republic?

Also (seriously) how much do textbooks cost there. Are there alot of self educating people there.

I ask because I'm thinking about inventing the bootleg textbook industry.

500 page textbooks for under a dollar.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]