Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMellowMyc
Street Shaman

Bacterial? Blob? Downward pin?
    #25917521 - 04/05/19 12:43 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

This is my third monotub using the daemon 5050 tek. This tub smells like it should, the myc up top looks healthy. Under the thin layer of coco up top it appears to be fully colonized. This tub didn’t have a super tight seal with the lid, I stuck it in a dark trash bag but I couldn’t tie the end this time so it was open to air. Duct tape over all the holes. Used 5qts of spawn. The strain is KSS. I looked today after 10 days of colonization and I noticed this little white blobish looking thing. It’s hard and definitely attached to the substrate like a fruit. There’s another small one barely even noticeable on the other side of the tub. Then I also spotted a small pin for sure towards the middle, still quite small.

I read that pins before fruiting could mean a contam, or bacteria. The rest of the tub looks healthy so I’m gonna let it ride for a bit. But I was thinking by the shape it could be a downward facing pin? Due to no oxygen / fae since I hadn’t started to fruit the tub yet.  Any suggestions?

I know that this doesn’t look fully colonized but I figured if it is some sort of baddie I might as well start fruiting it and see what happens.

--------------------

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags