Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinehaz3
padawan

Loc: Tom Bombadil's kitchen ta...
Colonization Variance (noob question)
    #25917437 - 04/05/19 12:56 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Hey all.

So I inoculated six brf jars with a MS syringe on 3/29--Species: Psilocybe Cubensis
Strain: B+
Solution used per jar: .5cc
Incubation temp: 26-28 celsius

All six are colonizing and the mycelium in each looks healthy thus far (still early days though). By cross-referencing a number of posts on shroomery, I've deduced that all are developing nice rhizomorphic growth already. However, there has been significant variance in colonization times. All six jars were inoculated under the same sterile conditions and are being incubated together under the exact same conditions. However, on one end, one of the jars is colonizing like wildfire and on the other, one of the jars I only just noticed myc in early this morning.

Is the variance in colonization times simply because of the MS syringe? If so, once I successfully make a clone with agar and use that agar for a2g transfers and subsequent g2g transfers, will the grains colonize at a more similar rate than the jars I'm growing currently?

(the most colonized jar did have solution trickle down the wall of the jar which is why I think it has the growth pattern it does. of course I'm just speculating about a lot of this :grin:)

Thank you to any and all for interest and responses.

--------------------
All pictures posted, statements made, questions asked, and/or opinions expressed are purely for entertainment purposes and should in no way be construed as truth or representational of any facts pertaining to my personal life.

Edited by haz3 (04/05/19 01:16 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSandman450
Male

Re: Colonization Variance (noob question) [Re: haz3]
    #25917444 - 04/05/19 12:59 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

pic would be nice to detetermine some factors, but how wet or dry is your grain jar? Drier jars colonize faster than more wet ones. That's how it went for me anyways. Pics please

Offlinehaz3
padawan

Re: Colonization Variance (noob question) [Re: Sandman450]
    #25917447 - 04/05/19 01:02 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

just posted a pic :smile:

--------------------
All pictures posted, statements made, questions asked, and/or opinions expressed are purely for entertainment purposes and should in no way be construed as truth or representational of any facts pertaining to my personal life.

Offlinehaz3
padawan

#25917457 - 04/05/19 01:06 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Oh, and when I made my jars, I followed pf tek for mixing the substrate with the only difference being the addition of jasmine rice which has a higher protein content than brown rice. Ratio of jasmine rice to brown was 1:2, and the verm/water/sub ratior was 2:1:1. I tested for field capacity by squeezing the sub with my hand before I sterilized. The sub was dry to the touch with a few drips after a hard squeeze (I wish I had a video of it, but oh well).

--------------------

OfflineWillymycosnemesis
Functioning Addict
Male User Gallery

Loc: TN Flag
Re: Colonization Variance (noob question) [Re: haz3] * 1
    #25917460 - 04/05/19 01:08 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Each one is essentially it's own colony, and will move at it's own speed.

--------------------

InvisibleSandman450
Male

Re: Colonization Variance (noob question) [Re: haz3]
    #25917461 - 04/05/19 01:09 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

I see what you mean now, I thought you were doing grain jars oops. I cant really tell you how dry or wet it is though, just wait for an expert to answer with more knowledge, I got some grows under my belt but im not gonna feed you some info that im not sure about.

Offlinepickle jar pete
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25917533 - 04/05/19 01:52 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Reasons for colonization rate discrepancies:

1. spore type--will take lots of clones to narrow down the rapid growth trait.

2. injection coverage and spore distribution amount.

3. Temp. warm jars colonize faster.  By the look of your jars the colonization discrepancy is heat related. 

4. substrate distribution and consistency.

--------------------
“I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.” ― Edgar Allan Poe

Offlinehaz3
padawan

Re: Colonization Variance (noob question) [Re: pickle jar pete]
    #25917672 - 04/05/19 02:52 PM (1 year, 10 months ago)

Thank you sir :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started