Home | Community | Message Board


Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSnakeyeS
OTD Janitor
I'm a teapot User Gallery


Registered: 09/11/17
Posts: 4,131
Loc: Super Mario World
Cat Medcine Administration Help.
    #25897261 - 03/26/19 06:09 AM (28 days, 9 hours ago)

I have thirteen pounds of pure mountain lion on my hands.

I had a time getting her in the carrier but at the vet she was a Angel even walking back into the carrier when we were done...little shit.
She has a very bad uti.
They showed be how to grab her neck and open her mouth and squirt/throw the pill in.
The vet makes it look so easy.

This morning while the jungle cat was in her lair I tried to get my morning loves and sneak her but I forgot to grab her neck and she took off.
Now she is pissed.

She won't even let me rub her.
Yowin at me when I get close and a hiss and a swat if I try to touch her.
She's biting but only warning bites.

I'm going to leave her alone and try again in a hour or so.

Now that ive given that run down.
Does anyone have any suggestions on a easier method to give her this medcine for the next two weeks?

Ones pill form and one is liquid in a syringe.

Thanks!


--------------------
Your Friendly Neighborhood Snackeyes.

No. I'm, I'm simply saying that life, uh... finds a way. :rasta:

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. :mushroom2:

A Man Must Learn To Sail In All Winds.
:sunny:

Trade List


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAmanita86
Colors of Hella
 User Gallery

Registered: 09/26/12
Posts: 58,668
Loc: hades
Re: Cat Medcine Administration Help. [Re: Snakeye]
    #25897264 - 03/26/19 06:11 AM (28 days, 9 hours ago)

Just do it.

If you try to trick it by getting close first it will never trust you again.


--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*John 14,:levitate::mushroom2::blueninja:


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSnakeyeS
OTD Janitor
I'm a teapot User Gallery


Registered: 09/11/17
Posts: 4,131
Loc: Super Mario World
Re: Cat Medcine Administration Help. [Re: Amanita86]
    #25897267 - 03/26/19 06:13 AM (28 days, 9 hours ago)

I think she has disowned me...

Ill try it.


--------------------
Your Friendly Neighborhood Snackeyes.

No. I'm, I'm simply saying that life, uh... finds a way. :rasta:

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. :mushroom2:

A Man Must Learn To Sail In All Winds.
:sunny:

Trade List


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSnakeyeS
OTD Janitor
I'm a teapot User Gallery


Registered: 09/11/17
Posts: 4,131
Loc: Super Mario World
Re: Cat Medcine Administration Help. [Re: Snakeye]
    #25897271 - 03/26/19 06:21 AM (28 days, 9 hours ago)

Your a animal guru!

She ate the pill on her own and licked some the medcine right out of the syringe.
Then went jungle kitty.
Now shes pissed again.

I couldn't get her neck the right way and she just got mad. I tried to open her mouth but it just wont happening.


--------------------
Your Friendly Neighborhood Snackeyes.

No. I'm, I'm simply saying that life, uh... finds a way. :rasta:

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. :mushroom2:

A Man Must Learn To Sail In All Winds.
:sunny:

Trade List


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAmanita86
Colors of Hella
 User Gallery

Registered: 09/26/12
Posts: 58,668
Loc: hades
Re: Cat Medcine Administration Help. [Re: Snakeye]
    #25897278 - 03/26/19 06:28 AM (28 days, 9 hours ago)

How much is in the syringe?


--------------------
:mushroom2:Orange clock, pencil:bouncysmoke:
"They threw me off the hay truck about noon...":fishing:
:mushroom2:*John 14,:levitate::mushroom2::blueninja:


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSnakeyeS
OTD Janitor
I'm a teapot User Gallery


Registered: 09/11/17
Posts: 4,131
Loc: Super Mario World
Re: Cat Medcine Administration Help. [Re: Amanita86]
    #25897287 - 03/26/19 06:34 AM (28 days, 9 hours ago)

I came back and gave her some more and she licked it up and then my dumbass squoze too hard and shot it on her.

I'm hopeless. :facepalm3:
She's mad again in her lair.
We have literally had 0.2cc left.
I loaded it back and will try again.


--------------------
Your Friendly Neighborhood Snackeyes.

No. I'm, I'm simply saying that life, uh... finds a way. :rasta:

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. :mushroom2:

A Man Must Learn To Sail In All Winds.
:sunny:

Trade List


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefuckitxo
Medicine Man


Registered: 03/24/19
Posts: 89
Last seen: 28 days, 6 hours
Re: Cat Medcine Administration Help. [Re: Snakeye]
    #25897353 - 03/26/19 07:40 AM (28 days, 8 hours ago)

Quote:

Snakeye said:
I have thirteen pounds of pure mountain lion on my hands.

I had a time getting her in the carrier but at the vet she was a Angel even walking back into the carrier when we were done...little shit.
She has a very bad uti.
They showed be how to grab her neck and open her mouth and squirt/throw the pill in.
The vet makes it look so easy.

This morning while the jungle cat was in her lair I tried to get my morning loves and sneak her but I forgot to grab her neck and she took off.
Now she is pissed.

She won't even let me rub her.
Yowin at me when I get close and a hiss and a swat if I try to touch her.
She's biting but only warning bites.

I'm going to leave her alone and try again in a hour or so.

Now that ive given that run down.
Does anyone have any suggestions on a easier method to give her this medcine for the next two weeks?

Ones pill form and one is liquid in a syringe.

Thanks!



give your pets as much distilled water as they want to drink.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMandarinfish
Mad Scientist
 User Gallery


Registered: 01/27/15
Posts: 1,084
Last seen: 1 day, 4 hours
Re: Cat Medcine Administration Help. [Re: fuckitxo] * 1
    #25897361 - 03/26/19 07:50 AM (28 days, 8 hours ago)

Get a cat toy and play with her 1st.  :cool:


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male


Registered: 02/17/04
Posts: 16,900
Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
Re: Cat Medcine Administration Help. [Re: Mandarinfish] * 1
    #25897371 - 03/26/19 08:04 AM (28 days, 7 hours ago)

Don't leave her alone with your stash.


:shakecat: . . . :peace:


--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineIma Trooper
Chilldog Extraordinaire
Male User Gallery


Registered: 02/21/08
Posts: 11,846
Loc: NC
Last seen: 40 minutes, 24 seconds
Re: Cat Medcine Administration Help. [Re: vinsue] * 2
    #25897376 - 03/26/19 08:10 AM (28 days, 7 hours ago)

IME, giving cats medication is a two-person job. One to hold the cat, one to open the mouth and administer the medication.


--------------------
OP is now RP! Read about it here!
"Its moving of its own accord...and I like that in a shirt!"

deCypher said:
Schizophrenia beats dining alone, you know.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleIngsoc84
Keeper of the memory
I'm a teapot

Registered: 06/04/18
Posts: 13
Re: Cat Medcine Administration Help. [Re: Ima Trooper]
    #25897497 - 03/26/19 09:49 AM (28 days, 6 hours ago)

My cat is about the same size. On the grabbing by the neck, its called their scruff. Half way between the front shoulder blade and the base of the skull is where you grasp them. They are designed that way, it is how their parents pick them up when they are kittens. I have had a fair few cats and all of them have responded the same way, if you pick them up that way they will be quite docile. To open their mouth press firmly with thumb and forefginger on either side of the mouth (cats have a distinct smile, you are aiming for a quarter inch toward the base of their skull from where their smile ends, the corners of their mouth) they will open their mouth, if you are giving them pills place them at the back of the throat and rub their adams apple and they will swallow them (or the cheeky little shit will spit them out and you have to try again... that's what happens with cats, cause fuck you). To make it easier recline the cat in the crook of your elbow at a 45 degree angle and bind its rear paws in your hand, with some one elses help get them to hold the front paws as well. Make sure to rub its glands behind the ears and on its jaw line when done to reinforce what happened is a good thing!


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSnakeyeS
OTD Janitor
I'm a teapot User Gallery


Registered: 09/11/17
Posts: 4,131
Loc: Super Mario World
Re: Cat Medcine Administration Help. [Re: Ingsoc84]
    #25897512 - 03/26/19 09:59 AM (28 days, 5 hours ago)

Quote:

fuckitxo said:
Quote:

Snakeye said:
I have thirteen pounds of pure mountain lion on my hands.

I had a time getting her in the carrier but at the vet she was a Angel even walking back into the carrier when we were done...little shit.
She has a very bad uti.
They showed be how to grab her neck and open her mouth and squirt/throw the pill in.
The vet makes it look so easy.

This morning while the jungle cat was in her lair I tried to get my morning loves and sneak her but I forgot to grab her neck and she took off.
Now she is pissed.

She won't even let me rub her.
Yowin at me when I get close and a hiss and a swat if I try to touch her.
She's biting but only warning bites.

I'm going to leave her alone and try again in a hour or so.

Now that ive given that run down.
Does anyone have any suggestions on a easier method to give her this medcine for the next two weeks?

Ones pill form and one is liquid in a syringe.

Thanks!



give your pets as much distilled water as they want to drink.




24/7 access to fresh clean tap water

Quote:

Mandarinfish said:
Get a cat toy and play with her 1st.  :cool:




The battery is dead in her laser light.:frown:

Quote:

vinsue said:
Don't leave her alone with your stash.


:shakecat: . . . :peace:




She is the gate keeper.

Quote:

Ima Trooper said:
IME, giving cats medication is a two-person job. One to hold the cat, one to open the mouth and administer the medication.




Nobody with enough patience to help atm but I agree.

Quote:

Ingsoc84 said:
My cat is about the same size. On the grabbing by the neck, its called their scruff. Half way between the front shoulder blade and the base of the skull is where you grasp them. They are designed that way, it is how their parents pick them up when they are kittens. I have had a fair few cats and all of them have responded the same way, if you pick them up that way they will be quite docile. To open their mouth press firmly with thumb and forefginger on either side of the mouth (cats have a distinct smile, you are aiming for a quarter inch toward the base of their skull from where their smile ends, the corners of their mouth) they will open their mouth, if you are giving them pills place them at the back of the throat and rub their adams apple and they will swallow them (or the cheeky little shit will spit them out and you have to try again... that's what happens with cats, cause fuck you). To make it easier recline the cat in the crook of your elbow at a 45 degree angle and bind its rear paws in your hand, with some one elses help get them to hold the front paws as well. Make sure to rub its glands behind the ears and on its jaw line when done to reinforce what happened is a good thing!




Thanks a bunch!:takingnotes:
I'll try again.


:supersaiyan:

She's not so mad anymore.
I squirted the rest in her food hoping she will eat it/Hoping it wont be enough to matter.


--------------------
Your Friendly Neighborhood Snackeyes.

No. I'm, I'm simply saying that life, uh... finds a way. :rasta:

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. :mushroom2:

A Man Must Learn To Sail In All Winds.
:sunny:

Trade List


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSnakeyeS
OTD Janitor
I'm a teapot User Gallery


Registered: 09/11/17
Posts: 4,131
Loc: Super Mario World
Re: Cat Medcine Administration Help. [Re: Snakeye]
    #25901161 - 03/28/19 01:46 AM (26 days, 14 hours ago)

Day 3
She finshed her last pill but only took a 0.4 of the 1cc liquid medicine.

I can't do the neck thing.
One
She knows what I'm doing now.
Two
I can't seem to get a hold of her scruff the correct way.

She still isn't biting hard but is hissing and swatting whenever I come around.:frown:

Tommarrow ill have someone to help me with her so may be it will go better.

Thought of buying some wet cat food and mixing it into a small portion of that each day?


--------------------
Your Friendly Neighborhood Snackeyes.

No. I'm, I'm simply saying that life, uh... finds a way. :rasta:

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. :mushroom2:

A Man Must Learn To Sail In All Winds.
:sunny:

Trade List


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefeevers
Wanderer


Registered: 12/28/10
Posts: 1,316
Last seen: 20 hours, 43 minutes
Re: Cat Medcine Administration Help. [Re: Snakeye]
    #25901488 - 03/28/19 08:50 AM (26 days, 7 hours ago)

You could just get pill pocket treats and squirt the liquid in. Wet food might work fine too.

I had to give my cat sublingual meds once, that was miserable


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinegopher
Egg hatcher
I'm a teapot


Registered: 11/22/17
Posts: 1,080
Loc: Canada Flag
Last seen: 18 minutes, 22 seconds
Re: Cat Medcine Administration Help. [Re: feevers]
    #25901586 - 03/28/19 10:04 AM (26 days, 5 hours ago)



--------------------
:kratom:


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Community >> The Pub

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Does your cat like to get high?
( 1 2 all )
trendalM 4,191 29 02/05/03 01:44 PM
by BladeLSD
* My cat keeps shaking his head like crazy
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 5,106 31 05/26/05 04:43 PM
by MOTH
* Cat Piss
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
DiploidM 19,656 103 09/11/18 11:30 PM
by mndfreeze
* Cats and shrooms: An experiment
( 1 2 all )
jimsuzo 2,414 20 03/30/04 12:34 PM
by Le_Canard
* My Cat Has Cancer
( 1 2 all )
boxtop703 3,489 20 01/17/03 06:56 AM
by Bavet
* To give a Cat a Bath *funny* Cryptic 2,535 11 01/05/06 06:22 PM
by Le_Canard
* Wow! a hypoallergenic cat Schwip 839 5 02/10/13 03:23 AM
by something super extreme
* Cats....I love cats.....they are spiritual creatures.....
( 1 2 all )
MJF 4,463 24 10/23/05 07:19 PM
by barfightlard

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
141 topic views. 13 members, 36 guests and 24 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Print Topic ]
Search this thread:
Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2019 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.043 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 19 queries.