Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGrey6Bard
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: North Carolina
? For Mush Farmers
    #25896785 - 03/25/19 08:41 PM (5 years, 4 days ago)

So for those of you who have a business farming gourmet, medicinal mushrooms, how do you go about cultivating actives without raising suspicion? How do you cultivate your actives and remain ominous? Im still new to cultivating but I really enjoy it and ’m really considering possibly turning this hobby into a small/part time business but I don’t want to give up growing actives for personal use. I just see all the stares, remarks and suspicious glares when you mention to someone that you cultivate fungi...I’m really considering investing money into the equipment. I am a good sales man and I think it would work well but I really don’t want to draw attention to myself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetripdawg420
low life with no life
Male

Loc: illinois
Re: ? For Mush Farmers [Re: Grey6Bard] * 1
    #25896789 - 03/25/19 08:44 PM (5 years, 4 days ago)

just dont tell any one :shrug:

--------------------
HUSTLER
How U Survive This Life Everyday Resourcefully
epic GT mono tub
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17277772

wbs tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11525679
coir tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11917410
results :thumbup:

Invisibleimpatientguy
Ganjalf a very mighty lab wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: ? For Mush Farmers [Re: tripdawg420]
    #25896800 - 03/25/19 08:51 PM (5 years, 4 days ago)

:whathesaid:well that was easy:lol:

--------------------
Super clean spore printing method: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5276177

OfflineGrey6Bard
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: ? For Mush Farmers [Re: impatientguy]
    #25896934 - 03/25/19 09:55 PM (5 years, 4 days ago)

I think you misunderstood the question.

Scenario; You’re growing gourmet and medicinal mushrooms, you’re selling them to local health food stores, restaurants, etc...you’re also growing actives for personal use. How do you go about feeling comfortable about that fact? Everyone knows you can grow mushrooms obviously they’re gonna either immediately think your growing actives or that it’s a possibility or that you could grow them.

InvisibleJHOVA
Post whore
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: ? For Mush Farmers [Re: tripdawg420]
    #25897053 - 03/25/19 11:14 PM (5 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

tripdawg420 said:
just dont tell any one :shrug:

--------------------
🅃 🄴 🄰 🄼    🄲 🄻 🄸 🄽 🄶 🅆 🅁 🄰 🄿

Invisiblesh4d0ws
LSx
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: ? For Mush Farmers [Re: Grey6Bard]
    #25897063 - 03/25/19 11:19 PM (5 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Grey6Bard said:

Scenario; You’re growing gourmet and medicinal mushrooms, you’re selling them to local health food stores, restaurants, etc...you’re also growing actives for personal use. How do you go about feeling comfortable about that fact? Everyone knows you can grow mushrooms obviously they’re gonna either immediately think your growing actives or that it’s a possibility or that you could grow them.

:justno:

Nobody cares. People have massive mushroom farms. Civilians aren't just gonna suspect you of doing something and decide to investigate. You would need to make law enforcement suspicious first. If you tell no one, this risk is mitigated. There's unlikely scenarios like if your house is burning down and firefighters need to bust in or some shit and your grow is discovered, but....how often do houses burn down?

--------------------

OfflineMr. Funguy
Quasi Frodo
Male User Gallery

Loc: Terra
Re: ? For Mush Farmers [Re: sh4d0ws]
    #25897069 - 03/25/19 11:27 PM (5 years, 4 days ago)

Always mention you "cultivate Edible and Legal mushrooms/fungi", then list the edibles you have, you tend to receive better attentions.
Never, ever, fucking ever tell a rando you cultivate cubes, pans, temps, etc. for personal use. Quickest way to visit your local criminal shelter.

--------------------

OfflineLand TroutM
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: ? For Mush Farmers [Re: Mr. Funguy]
    #25897104 - 03/26/19 12:02 AM (5 years, 4 days ago)

Same thing when farmers have an illegal weed grow.  No body needs to know, and don’t do shit to make people suspicious.

Offlineheaze2010
blumpkin
Male

Loc: Northeast
Re: ? For Mush Farmers [Re: Land Trout]
    #25897124 - 03/26/19 12:24 AM (5 years, 4 days ago)

You think if you were growing and some random cop seen a medicinal or gourmet mushroom side by side with cubensis in your grow area that they would know the difference ????????? Your giving them to much credit.

--------------------

OfflineDuckmang
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: ? For Mush Farmers [Re: heaze2010]
    #25897136 - 03/26/19 12:34 AM (5 years, 4 days ago)

When people get nosey or inquisitive mention that the gourmets grow on wood substrates and actives grow on piles of cow shit.

--------------------
2X4 Laminar Flow Bench
16 qt pressure canner
16" bag sealer
Virtually Unlimited Bunny Poop

Currently growing:
Reishi
Lions Mane
Golden Oyster
Shitake

OfflineKizzle
Misanthrope
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ? For Mush Farmers [Re: Duckmang]
    #25897362 - 03/26/19 05:51 AM (5 years, 4 days ago)

I don't think there's any situation less suspicious than a person running a mushroom farm buying or possessing equipment to grow mushrooms. :shrug:

--------------------

Invisiblesandman420
Saint PP
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: ? For Mush Farmers [Re: Kizzle]
    #25897434 - 03/26/19 07:07 AM (5 years, 3 days ago)

If you are running an legit and proper registered business edible mushroom farm then you may be open to inspections by the health department and other food officials fyi, depending on your location etc. Probably not a real good idea to risk your large investment with growing actives in that situation.

--------------------
- Sandbag Tek - How To Sterilize Spawn Bags - All About Static Pressure / Pressure Drop for DIY Flow Hoods - Sandman's LC Tek-

Marijuanaut escapes earth to cultivate - Grow-room is church temple of the new stoner breed

Offlinebadmojo420
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Re: ? For Mush Farmers [Re: Grey6Bard] * 1
    #25897519 - 03/26/19 08:02 AM (5 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

Grey6Bard said:

again, just dont tell anyone. people can think whatever they want. i think youre looking too much into this.

do you go around and assume the local farms or crunchys at the local organic produce stand are growing marijuana as well because they are also growing produce?

if you are really worried grow them separately. start a small business and rent some office space for $500 a month (possibly even less) and fill it out with your tubs and bags. keep actives at home and if any suspicion is drawn you can say hey look i have a legit business with a license and rented office space.

--------------------
Interested in trade? Dm me. KSSS for ???

Offlinekayo
Stranger
I'm a teapot

Loc: Ul'dah
Re: ? For Mush Farmers [Re: badmojo420]
    #25897751 - 03/26/19 10:19 AM (5 years, 3 days ago)

I just told a fairly attractive brewery supply store girl im a microbiology student. Sucks because I think she was trying to make conversation and I cant exactly keep that going past some small talk :emocry:.

Dont know anything about brewing beer either so I didnt want to risk that route. I think she bought it, and I doubt ill need another pound of LME anytime soon. Anyway, slightly different from your situation but I think growing gourmet is as good a cover as it gets.

Offlineheaze2010
blumpkin
Male

Loc: Northeast
Re: ? For Mush Farmers [Re: kayo]
    #25897769 - 03/26/19 10:29 AM (5 years, 3 days ago)

Should of asked her out, you guys could of made agar plates for a 1st date :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineGrey6Bard
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: ? For Mush Farmers [Re: kayo]
    #25898045 - 03/26/19 01:05 PM (5 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

kayo said:
I just told a fairly attractive brewery supply store girl im a microbiology student. Sucks because I think she was trying to make conversation and I cant exactly keep that going past some small talk :emocry:.

Dont know anything about brewing beer either so I didnt want to risk that route. I think she bought it, and I doubt ill need another pound of LME anytime soon. Anyway, slightly different from your situation but I think growing gourmet is as good a cover as it gets.

It’s a good cover but if people know you personally then they can safely assume what is going on.
I also brew beer and it’s much easier than cultivating mushrooms, lol.
You could have just told her the LME was for cultivating your own yeast for a *insert your favorite type of beer* you’re working on. Anyone who buys LME for for brewing beer is usually viewed as a noob. All grain is where it’s at. Not saying I haven’t used extract before! :wink:

OfflineSFS96
AstroMan
 User Gallery

Loc: Valleys Of Neptune
Re: ? For Mush Farmers [Re: Grey6Bard]
    #25898184 - 03/26/19 02:26 PM (5 years, 3 days ago)

I’d say it’s easier to cover up your grow if your also doing gourmet grow:thumbup:

--------------------
How I make and preserve tea

Consuming consumes a man That was never a purpose of life To only crave for material joys Is believing the lie - Mellow Mood

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale