Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Petri Dish

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCristianosolo
Loco
 User Gallery

help with continuity in work and not lose a good genetics
    #25895293 - 03/25/19 08:00 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Hello, i live in central america and is VERY VERY difficult to get spores and more difficult to get liquid colture. Now is 6 months that i am growing cubencis ( coming from holland with a friend ) and pink oyster ( coming from Guatemala Fungi Academy ) .
I did the first agar agar dish , and after i did more. When i use my agar agar dishs to inoculate sorghum i always save 1 dish to make more .... like this i am doing from 6 months. 
But i have the suspect that this is not the way of working !!!!
Of course , is pretty easy because is very easy to reproduce micelium in  agar agar and make more dishs .....

Why i did not clone ? Because i tried and i see it difficult ( comtamination problems ) and i remembered that someone said that you cannot clone forever because the clone loose power

Why i did not use spores ? I actually saved 2 spores prints from my best cubes , but i heard that from spores you do not get the same mushrooms and could be better or worst...

What do you suggests considering that is very difficult for me to get new spores or liquid colture?
Thanks

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinepoisoned
untitled
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Yurop
Re: help with continuity in work and not lose a good genetics [Re: Cristianosolo]
    #25895342 - 03/25/19 08:59 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Make a lot of spore prints and store them, if you ever get to the point where you lose it all.

For your current culture, make agar slants and store them in a fridge. Once a year, move the culture to petris, clean it up if you see any contams and put to new slants. Rinse and repeat.

--------------------
How I do glass dishes

Invisiblerickyswamps
Bad Apple
I'm a teapot

Re: help with continuity in work and not lose a good genetics [Re: poisoned]
    #25895381 - 03/25/19 09:48 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

You can easily clone without contams if you do it right.  Look up Frank's Cloning Tek.  Grow the clone out, while saving a plate of this clone in the fridge.  If you like it, then take that plate you saved and make a slant for the long term.  Look up a tek for that too. 

For the short term you can expand that plate to more plates.  It isn't very old.  I don't know the number of generations it would take to ruin it, but its not just 3-4.  You can also grain to grain a few times.  It all started from one clone piece and you have potentially 1000s of grain jars.

In the 3-4 months since I started, I have around 30 cultures in the fridge that I haven't had time or space to use them.  And 20 prints from growing.  They all came from 2 prints that I started with. 

You can get free prints in the marketplace, but with the way the postal system is in central america, it might not get there :rofl2:

OfflineRik
Biohacker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Caribe
Re: help with continuity in work and not lose a good genetics [Re: rickyswamps]
    #25895402 - 03/25/19 10:03 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

La  perdida de viabilidad ocurre luego de hacer miles de clonaciones a traves de pequeñas mutaciones somaticas que se van acumulando, es un problema que podria experimentar alguien que propague hongos a una escala comercial, dudo mucho que vayas a tener ese problema.

De igual forma puedes comenzar nuevos cultivos con esporas y luego que los crezcas escoger los mejores hongos y clonar tejido de su interior para aislar su genetica y tener una segunda cosecha homogenea.

Edited by Rik (03/25/19 10:49 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Petri Dish

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation