Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesopp1e
Stranger
Male
“The cosmic joke” The best joke ever and ever and ever... on weed and nos
    #25895268 - 03/25/19 05:28 AM (5 years, 23 days ago)

Last night i got the cosmic joke, then i forgot it seconds later. And that happened again with the next 10 balloons.

I cant remember ever thinking og reading about the cosmic joke, but then i got it only to loose it again seconds later as the n20 “left” my system. I felt impossible to bring back to this reality, and I’m pretty sure it is.

This has to be a “thing” that some of you have experienced, and i it was I crazy experience.
So i hope others can share their thoughts and experience with it.

Some thoughts i have on it below(could be nonsense all together, i really don’t know :smile:
-It’s the biggest and best joke that could ever be
-Existence is utterly meaningless
-The joke can be/is very sad
-Death is the joke?
-mind blowing joke, that never stops
-eternity

This could all sound like/be utter nonsense, but i have to check if the shroomery has any thought and experience with it. I felt so profound when i got it, and sad when I realized i could never bring it back.

And as profound as it felt and how mindblowing the experience was, i think its impossible to get any value from n20 besides a crazy experience. I understand why it’s called hippie crack :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShr00mEater
Strange
Male
Re: “The cosmic joke” The best joke ever and ever and ever... on weed and nos [Re: sopp1e]
    #25895298 - 03/25/19 06:12 AM (5 years, 23 days ago)

Actually, I have heard that phrase a handful of times, but don’t know where it comes from.

I’m on my way to work. I will look it up later.

I have had a few extremely euphoric experiences, like suffocating and rolling laughing. If that’s what you mean.

Or if you are speaking more philosophically, like life is a joke, death is the punchline and it’s funny becuz our egos think we can change that outcome. Or at least make it a better/worse outcomes me by eating healthy or taking up religion and politics.

OfflineFleabag Friend
OTD Free Bag Fiend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Niggerville, TX Flag
Re: “The cosmic joke” The best joke ever and ever and ever... on weed and nos [Re: Shr00mEater]
    #25895642 - 03/25/19 10:37 AM (5 years, 23 days ago)

--------------------
"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things."-Marvin Heemeyer
𝓐 𝔀𝓸𝓶𝓪𝓷, 𝓪 𝓭𝓸𝓰, 𝓪 𝔀𝓪𝓵𝓷𝓾𝓽 𝓽𝓻𝓮𝓮, 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓫𝓮𝓪𝓽 '𝓮𝓶, 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝔂 𝓫𝓮.

𝓣𝓱𝔂 𝓦𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓑𝓮 𝓓𝓸𝓷𝓮

OfflineWhoManBeing
PsychedelicYogi
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: “The cosmic joke” The best joke ever and ever and ever... on weed and nos [Re: Fleabag Friend]
    #25895678 - 03/25/19 10:56 AM (5 years, 23 days ago)

Another reason no interest in nitrous. Pffff!

--------------------
Hip, hip... WhoRAy!!!

Eye was thinking the other day...  ahh, thinking never done me no good.

InvisiblefeeversM
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: “The cosmic joke” The best joke ever and ever and ever... on weed and nos [Re: sopp1e]
    #25895715 - 03/25/19 11:19 AM (5 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

sopp1e said:

-Death is the joke?
-eternity

Yup... that about sums it up.

It's a twisted and insane joke beyond our comprehension, but somehow it feels like we've known it all along when we're in that state.

It can be existentially depressing beyond anything else, or it can be orgasmic, euphoric and utterly freeing. It's funny like that.

OfflinehejAdig999
🚬
Male User Gallery

Re: “The cosmic joke” The best joke ever and ever and ever... on weed and nos [Re: feevers]
    #25895850 - 03/25/19 12:45 PM (5 years, 23 days ago)

Some psychedelic experiences are truly terrifying

--------------------
:death: Fumbling in existance :wizard:

Edited by hejAdig999 (03/25/19 12:45 PM)

OfflineBlabble40
Scorpio

Re: “The cosmic joke” The best joke ever and ever and ever... on weed and nos [Re: Shr00mEater]
    #25895858 - 03/25/19 12:50 PM (5 years, 23 days ago)

I've gotten some of that from a lower threshold salvia dose, but it was hard to remember the whole time. Only when I toked another bowl did I "breakthrough" on the salvia, without realizing it. When it was ending, it was hard to remember, or put into words, like other inebriations.

--------------------

Edited by Blabble40 (03/25/19 01:38 PM)

Offlinesopp1e
Stranger
Male
Re: “The cosmic joke” The best joke ever and ever and ever... on weed and nos [Re: Blabble40]
    #25896012 - 03/25/19 02:30 PM (5 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Shr00mEater said:
Or if you are speaking more philosophically, like life is a joke, death is the punchline and it’s funny becuz our egos think we can change that outcome. Or at least make it a better/worse outcomes me by eating healthy or taking up religion and politics.

More like life is a joke, and as meaningless as can be. And i think death would be the punchline.
But its hard for me to know, as i only remember coming back to reality in complete shock over the realization. And then its gone.
I think the joke goes beyond everthing and the joke goes on for eternity.

Quote:

feevers said:
Quote:

sopp1e said:

-Death is the joke?
-eternity

Yup... that about sums it up.

It's a twisted and insane joke beyond our comprehension, but somehow it feels like we've known it all along when we're in that state.

It can be existentially depressing beyond anything else, or it can be orgasmic, euphoric and utterly freeing. It's funny like that.

I have been thinking about this cosmic joke all day, its so beyond our comprehension. I liked that you understood my “points” on the experience.
When i first got it it was the craziest joke, mindblowing. And i thoughts it was the craziest, funniest thing ever and I’m pretty sure it is! And then i got it again on a even deeper level, and deeper. I understood i went on for eternity and it always will, i was shocked all over again and then then i felt it really hit home. Don’t think it was funny at this point. Just so huge and and mind boggling.

Quote:

hejAdig999 said:
Some psychedelic experiences are truly terrifying

I was completely gone from this reality, and everytime i got the joke i think i moved, or start laughing. And then it was more or less over. So it never got terrifying, but if have been able to “be there” after i got the joke i think it would have been. But a couple of times i got back with a shocking anxious feeling.

Quote:

Blabble40 said:
I've gotten some of that from a lower threshold salvia dose, but it was hard to remember the whole time. Only when I toked another bowl did I "breakthrough" on the salvia, without realizing it. When it was ending, it was hard to remember, or put into words, like other inebriations.

Might be impossible to remember, can be its for the best with this one. :grin:

I think this is the craziest experience i have ever had, and I don’t remember much at all. But it feels like its made an impact on me. Like my ego is smaller, and i feel freer. And that’s great, would be nice if it last.
When i have encountered obstacles today i just think of the cosmic joke and go on. Like Nothing matters. Wild experience I don’t even remember. :smile:

Is it strange that this mindblowing experience with n20 isn’t scary? I guess it can be.
But how is that crazy experience not scary? Never tried dmt, but from what i have read it can be terrifying and often is. In the beginning at least?

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Re: “The cosmic joke” The best joke ever and ever and ever... on weed and nos [Re: WhoManBeing]
    #25896082 - 03/25/19 03:04 PM (5 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

WhoManBeing said:
Another reason no interest in nitrous. Pffff!

Why is this story "another reason" you have no interest in nitrous?...What are your other reasons?

By itself (or even with cannabis) nitrous oxide is very lackluster and not anything interesting at all IME with it....

....but in combination with any of the classic psychedelics (mushrooms, LSD, mescaline) it can be incredibly profound, particularly with LSD or mushrooms.

Several of the "peak experiences" I've had with psychedelics over the years have been catalyzed by a couple breathes of nitrous oxide while on LSD and/or mushrooms....Some truly bizarre and profound stuff has occurred lol....Out of body experiences, entity contact, life changing moments.

To the OP sopp1e....I have for sure had a few experiences with nitrous oxide (while on LSD) that involved the theme of the "cosmic joke".

And if you haven't already...I suggest trying nitrous oxide the next time your trip on LSD or mushrooms. If you're having experiences like this with just nitrous oxide alone you will be amazed at how immense it can be when inhaled while on a psychedelic.

The only time I ever get some nitrous is when I trip, and I almost always have a small amount on hand when I plan on dosing....If I'm not on a psychedelic (or something like MDMA or MDA) I find it to be pretty dull and not interesting, but combined with a psychedelic it is the epitome of synergy...it's ridiculous lol.

-OM

--------------------

OfflineWhoManBeing
PsychedelicYogi
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: “The cosmic joke” The best joke ever and ever and ever... on weed and nos [Re: openmind]
    #25896776 - 03/25/19 08:39 PM (5 years, 23 days ago)

The times tried, and the exposure seen with others, never found much of a interest.  Time and place we’ll see.

First time seen nitrous, I was very well in space with some special K, watching one go up and down over and over and over again. Was annoying just to watch such thing.

Never been with nitrous and my lady love, that maybe a blast to get off on it with her. As grown in age,as mushrooms taught , found no pleasure in trying to get off on drugs with bunch of guys.

Other time when was around, got annoyed and grabbed Duh.empty pipe for pleasure there.

I really don’t know so

--------------------
Hip, hip... WhoRAy!!!

Eye was thinking the other day...  ahh, thinking never done me no good.

OfflinePlurlife
Stranger

Re: “The cosmic joke” The best joke ever and ever and ever... on weed and nos [Re: WhoManBeing] * 1
    #25897861 - 03/26/19 11:24 AM (5 years, 22 days ago)

Nitrous has always turned off the “I shouldn’t be doing/thinking this” for me. Much more disinhibiting than alcohol but less clumsy.

Comedy, I believe, presents this “cosmic joke” in a contextualized fashion. The slight of hand of good execution makes both the joke itself funny as well as the attitude used to present it but it’s the attitude itself that is hilarious.  A provocative take on life and the relative nature of your suffering.

You’re supposed to be taking life seriously enough to be fully devoted to not dying and hopefully living a life that helps others be motivated to do the same. When tripping out the idea is just hilarious. Like breaking the fourth wall of your experience of life as you know it. It can sure as hell feel cosmic.

Edited by Plurlife (03/26/19 11:26 AM)

Offlinesopp1e
Stranger
Male
Re: “The cosmic joke” The best joke ever and ever and ever... on weed and nos [Re: openmind]
    #25898539 - 03/26/19 05:31 PM (5 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

openmind said:

To the OP sopp1e....I have for sure had a few experiences with nitrous oxide (while on LSD) that involved the theme of the "cosmic joke".

And if you haven't already...I suggest trying nitrous oxide the next time your trip on LSD or mushrooms. If you're having experiences like this with just nitrous oxide alone you will be amazed at how immense it can be when inhaled while on a psychedelic.

The only time I ever get some nitrous is when I trip, and I almost always have a small amount on hand when I plan on dosing....If I'm not on a psychedelic (or something like MDMA or MDA) I find it to be pretty dull and not interesting, but combined with a psychedelic it is the epitome of synergy...it's ridiculous lol.

I will for sure try nitrous with lsd or mushrooms, lsd first i think. I often struggle with letting go completely and going deep. Could nitrous help me get past that? Is it a big chance it will propel into a bad trip?
Nitrous with weed didn’t feel scary, even though the experience was “intense” and beyond.
Thanks for your reply and recommendations:)

Offlinesearching
Male User Gallery

#25899320 - 03/27/19 01:36 AM (5 years, 22 days ago)

I've definitely "gotten" the cosmic joke a few times. The first time was on lsd. It's funny as I was reading your post I was already thinking of my conclusion on the joke and that it's basically that even God doesn't know why he exists and there is no reason for God or the universe's existence. It just exists because it does. It wasn't created it just is. It can be either depressing or ecstatic just depending on how you look at it. And that's the difference between God and the devil. (poor terminology) the devil just doesn't want to exist anymore but that can't happen. Really it's just two sides to the same coin.

--------------------

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

#25900331 - 03/27/19 03:05 PM (5 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

sopp1e said:

I will for sure try nitrous with lsd or mushrooms, lsd first i think. I often struggle with letting go completely and going deep. Could nitrous help me get past that? Is it a big chance it will propel into a bad trip?
Nitrous with weed didn’t feel scary, even though the experience was “intense” and beyond.
Thanks for your reply and recommendations:)

Perhaps...

I will say (and I've heard a few others over the years say the same thing and feel the same way)...if you're tripping and start to become "anxious" or "on edge" and just uncomfortable in general with some apprehensive or fearful feelings...Sometimes nitrous can be used as a "re-set" of sorts, it can help nudge you out of what ever thought-space you're in...It has potential to give one an "escape" from what ever is happening in the moment...I've seen another shroomery member call them "escape pods" before, since it helped them get out of an anxious or uncomfortable headspace when tripping.

Nitrous oxide can have a strong anxiolytic and "care free" aspect to it, so in some ways yea it can help one "let go".

With that said though....nitrous oxide can get incredibly intense with psychedelics, it has potential to really throw one "out there". Some of my experiences with it while on psychedelics are on par with my smoked DMT or salvia experiences as far as the intensity and profoundness goes (though much different in nature). It can absolutely "blow you out of the water entirely"....While it can be very intense, it is rarely "scary" and rarely has any component of "fear" IME with it.

But I have had nitrous propel me into a "bad space" before for sure, only a few times though.....I've had 200+ trips with psychedelics over the past 10 years, but I have had only 3 "bad trips/moments" in all my travels with psychedelics...and each time it was triggered by a balloon of nitrous oxide while peaking on LSD and/or mushrooms (as well as a lot of hash oil), so there is certainly potential for nitrous to propel one into a "bad trip" since each of my few "bad trips" were catalyzed by nitrous oxide (long stories) lol ....but more often than not it has a warm/comforting and cozy effect to it, I rarely ever see or hear about folks freaking out after inhaling nitrous while on a psychedelic but I have seen it a few times lol...Just be prepared, shit can get really wild lol.

And when I do pair nitrous with psychedelics I'm not inhaling the stuff throughout the entire trip, I'm not doing balloons of the stuff back to back to back to back constantly inhaling the stuff.

...I'll typically do 10 to 20 balloons (filled with 2 to 3 chargers each) through out a 6 to 10+ hour trip. I don't do it the entire time, it is not the "focus" of my trips, but there are several moments over the course of the trip where I'll have a little "session" with the nitrous, I just sorta do it periodically through out the trip.

I also ALWAYS wait until I'm peaking on the L or mushrooms before I do any.....So when ever you do get around to trying it with LSD or mushrooms, I suggest not doing any during the come up, wait at least 90 to 120 minutes after dosing...wait until the trip has really "set in", then try the nitrous.

-OM

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order