Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous #1

Tips for dealing with anxiety? * 1
    #25891367 - 03/23/19 12:48 AM (5 years, 8 days ago)

Anxiety disorders seem like a much more common problem in today's society. I know a lot of people here post about their struggles with anxiety and depression (which I believe to be the flip side of the coin)

I'd be interested in hearing from those of you who have found methods for dealing with anxiety.

I've been trying out a few things that seem to help a bit:

- I maintain good posture, stand tall with my shoulders back, keep an open body language by not crossing my arms. It makes you more approachable looking, and ime positively affects how people treat you in general.

-Waking up early and having a routine that involves physical activity

-Writing in a journal has allowed me to better digest the events of the day and plan the next. Also it makes me more likely to commit to my plans.

-Voluntarily doing things that make me anxious each day.

-acknowledging when I feel anxious, greeting my anxiety

-when doing new things I try to remind myself I wont do them perfectly the first time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Tips for dealing with anxiety? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #25891385 - 03/23/19 01:19 AM (5 years, 8 days ago)

I take 100 mg of L-Theanine daily for prophylaxis, but on those occasional days of heightened anxiety I'll also take 500 mg of L-Taurine (notice that energy drinks often add this to offset the jitters). I have found that 4 squirts of even a modestly pure CBD oil helps within minutes. If anxiety is the result of some unresolved trauma, or suspected of being so, I recommend hypnotherapy and specifically an Age Regression from a competent practitioner.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlinekorgoth
patternmatchingnoise
I'm a teapot

Loc: Geostationary orbit
Re: Tips for dealing with anxiety? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #25891415 - 03/23/19 02:26 AM (5 years, 8 days ago)

Seems like your dealing with your anxiety in a very healthy manner. Keep at it.

Try micro-dosing Psilocybin, does wonders for me. Gonna try some cbd oil next week, more out of curiosity.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Tips for dealing with anxiety? [Re: korgoth]
    #25893169 - 03/24/19 01:38 AM (5 years, 7 days ago)

Thanks. I also treat anxiety in others since I am a hypnotherapist myself with 30 years of experience. :cheers:

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Tips for dealing with anxiety? [Re: MarkostheGnostic] * 1
    #25893224 - 03/24/19 03:51 AM (5 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
I take 100 mg of L-Theanine daily for prophylaxis

Everybody said I should try it but ack! I have a paradozical effect, it MAKES me nervous.

The following mindfulness approach I devised worked for me to subdue panic attacks:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Invisiblejose.vesanico
Re: Tips for dealing with anxiety? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #25893428 - 03/24/19 09:04 AM (5 years, 6 days ago)

Anxiety is a big problem of mine. Took me a while to even acknowledge that I had anxiety issues. I need to keep busy to deal with it, and it it grows to much to be handled this way, then I'm in for some rough days.
I, too, rely on routines to keep it away: get up at the same time every day, force myself to have breakfast, pack fruit to snack at work. I've also replaced a number of activities with others that don't trigger anxiety so much. Like taking the stairs, because going up 20 floors stopping everywhere was just too irritating.
The five-minute rule is also useful: if someone asks me to do something that takes 5 minutes, I'll do it without thinking too much.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Tips for dealing with anxiety? [Re: Asante]
    #25894989 - 03/24/19 11:03 PM (5 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Asante said:
Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
I take 100 mg of L-Theanine daily for prophylaxis

Everybody said I should try it but ack! I have a paradozical effect, it MAKES me nervous.

Yes, that can happen to some people. It happened to a client of mine so I stopped suggesting anything since I'm not qualified/certified/licensed to make any recommendations for supplements. Perhaps L-Taurine then. It is commonly added to OTC energy drink products to offset the caffeine load.

--------------------

Offlinefuckitxo
Medicine Man

Re: Tips for dealing with anxiety? *DELETED* [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #25896210 - 03/25/19 04:07 PM (5 years, 5 days ago)

Post deleted by mndfreeze

Reason for deletion: spam/puppet

OfflineSpiralspider
Bigguy

Re: Tips for dealing with anxiety? [Re: fuckitxo]
    #25898432 - 03/26/19 04:38 PM (5 years, 4 days ago)

Let the thoughts pass.
Realize its only thoughts

OfflineDoneKildatReason
Chemical in the body
Male User Gallery

Loc: Green Country Flag
Re: Tips for dealing with anxiety? [Re: Spiralspider]
    #25899015 - 03/26/19 09:32 PM (5 years, 4 days ago)

T.c.b.

If I'm not doing things that I know I need to do it causes all kinds of negativity for me.... Paying the vet bill, kids baseball or gymnastics sign ups, Wi-Fi at home, putting in for a better job, signing paperwork, reviewing things, budgeting, planning... These kinds of things cause me great amounts of stress if i put off.  I hate making phone calls and am usually very introverted.  It is difficult sometimes.

So what I do to deal with it.  I get to the 'taking care of business' phase by telling myself, its never as a bad or hard to deal with as I imagine it to be.  So many phone calls or tasks I've dreaded making.... and when I make them, guess how I feel?  Ludicrous, for procrastinating so long.  Diving in head first is a skill, without a spirit of fear. 

Growing anxiety is a treacherous path, that can for some eventually lead to madness.

Best hopes for all here. (:

Get out and t.c.b.

--------------------
This was an experiment.

Edited by DoneKildatReason (03/26/19 09:33 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds