Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
An Iraqi blogger's Birthday
    #2589326 - 04/22/04 01:16 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

A routine day in Iraq.

Today is a special day for me, it's my birthday I woke up early, had many things to arrange, it was a lovely sunny day. One should enjoy looking at April flowers and not stay at home at all, and I will celebrate it just as I should.

Then I heard the news; tens of people killed in terrorist attacks in Basra with many children among them. Omar, my brother, is still in Basra, and we were very worried and didn?t rest until we called a friend there to have some information about the attacks. We still haven?t heard from him, but that's because he doesn't have a telephone or access to the internet in the small town where he works, and we know that he doesn?t usually go downtown at such times.

This is my daily ?routine? thoughout 35 years; wars, meaningless death of innocent people, armed people terrorizing us, relatives and friends get killed or disappeared, close gunshot or explosions awaken me from sleeping, our laughs and talks get lost amid sounds of jetfighters in the sky and noise of tanks in street reminding me where I?m I and where I live. It seems that it?s not allowed for me to live a normal life like others do.

I believe in the bright future ahead but I?m upset now and I came here to write and release some of my frustration. I can't bear it alone. why me? Why my country? All that we need is a moment of peace. I really need it now. Why should I bear it with my people? When will it be over and when can we live in peace at last?

The hardest thing is that I have to fight more, and I will, but God, please give me the strength. Why should I be strong while watching others run away; Spain, Honduras, Thailand, human organizations, the UN and all the others who want (and it?s their right I must say) to avoid the dangers. But why did they disappoint us? Why abandon us in this moment when we really need them? Will they come back when conditions improve? Most likely, but who will need them then!!? We don?t need doctors and engineers. We have enough of those and large numbers of Iraqi doctor, teachers and engineers are working abroad. We do export minds, and some of those have returned and are doing their job and some are on their way back. We need political, financial and military support, and once we get rid of the terrorists, WE will show you what we can do, and we will not forget those who helped us, they will remain as friends and allies, that?s from a political point of view. As for me, they will remain as my real family, my brothers and sisters.

One of our friend was angry when he saw the former slaves burn the flag of their liberators (and he has all the right to feel so), but I saw my country being destroyed for 35 years and I?m not desperate because I have faith that it will be rebuild one day. Still, why am I supposed to be the 'superman' who is never allowed to feel angry, sad or frustrated?

Others ask me to demonstrate and show my support to the coalition. Ok I?m with the coalition but I can?t do it my friends. I?m surrounded by armed criminals who wouldn?t hesitate for a minute before shooting me for just speaking out, yet I do speak, and not only on this page.

You, there in the free world, cannot witness against criminals without witness protection programs. We have nothing of this. Just under trained and half corrupted policemen and few newly graduated army soldiers and the law system, we inherited from Saddam and haven?t really changed it yet, is far from being efficient.
Why do others get discouraged easily? Don?t mistake me. I?m upset but will NEVER run away like some people did.

I wasn?t like this before. I was afraid most of the time. I have always looked for safety above all. I lost faith in the whole world and I wasn?t ready at all to make the slightest sacrifice for the sake of others. I was trying to leave my country and find a better job in a safe place, BUT, The brave solders (who don?t hold shares at Halliburton or Bechtel) who crossed seas and oceans and came to my country to fight for our freedom -and don?t anyone dare say the opposite, as I met so many of these soldiers and had hundreds of letters from them and there families and I know their motives; they fight for their country?s safety and for our freedom and they are proud of what they are doing- gave me the faith and showed me that man should not care only about himself, his family or his country, these are not enough to make a human being. These guys are MUCH better than me because I have to fight for my issue and they fight for me. They deserve the respect of the world and so do the people who support them. They always give me hope to go on no matter how difficult it seems.

I think I?ll have to skip celebrating my birthday this year, but that will not make me less determined than before, and I know that even if other countries pull out of Iraq, we will always have the strongest and greatest nation on our side, the wonderful people of the USA, together with the UK, Italy, Japan and the rest of the coalition forces. We owe you a lot and I pray, and I?m sure, that one day we will be able to return some of your favors and I?m talking about the people not the politicians although I don?t deny those the credit they deserve for doing their job as good as they can. When that day finally comes, you will know for sure that the great efforts and sacrifices you?ve made were not in vain.

-By Mohammed.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: An Iraqi blogger's Birthday [Re: Phred]
    #2589333 - 04/22/04 01:18 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

:thumbup: :thumbup:

I hope the best for him and the future of his country.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2589467 - 04/22/04 02:06 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Here is an entry from the diary of an 8 year-old dead Iraqi girl excited about the rest of her life:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: An Iraqi blogger's Birthday [Re: Swami]
    #2589627 - 04/22/04 02:53 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Would that be one of the 8 year old dead Iraqi girls whose parents were fed feet first into a wood chipper before she was tossed into one of Hussein's kiddy prisons where she died of neglect?

Or was it one who was seized and used as a human shield by one of Sadr's minions?

pinky

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #2589768 - 04/22/04 04:10 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

That Iraqi sure knew alot of english.

Glad you're still around here pinky.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Invisiblelearning_byte
click here

#2589787 - 04/22/04 04:19 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

yeah, yeah, Thank you United States.......

whatever

--------------------

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #2590054 - 04/22/04 08:54 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Now tell us the truth man, is that a legit story? Did you just make that up or is that an actual iraqi's story? Where did you find it?

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: An Iraqi blogger's Birthday [Re: downforpot]
    #2590088 - 04/22/04 09:23 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

yeah whats the source on that?

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #2590092 - 04/22/04 09:24 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Btw, I thought the wood chipper story had been discredited?

--------------------
Always Smi2le

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
Re: An Iraqi blogger's Birthday [Re: GazzBut]
    #2590361 - 04/22/04 11:20 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I called Vegas and they're givin ten to one odds that that shit was written by a conservative politician.

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: An Iraqi blogger's Birthday [Re: downforpot]
    #2590534 - 04/22/04 12:14 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Whoops!

Sorry about that. Posted it very late at night and forgot to include the link. Here it is: http://iraqthemodel.blogspot.com/archives/2004_04_01_iraqthemodel_archive.html#108255725117780535

pinky

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: An Iraqi blogger's Birthday [Re: GazzBut]
    #2590544 - 04/22/04 12:16 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

GazzBut writes:

Btw, I thought the wood chipper story had been discredited?

It has? I missed that. Link, please.

pinky

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: An Iraqi blogger's Birthday [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2590680 - 04/22/04 12:49 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

DoctorJ writes:

I called Vegas and they're givin ten to one odds that that shit was written by a conservative politician.

Ah. We have yet another demonstration of how young folks born into privilege in a free country are so certain they know more about how people feel everywhere in the world than the people themselves that they are willing to give ten to one odds anything conflicting with their worldview must be a hoax.

No, Doc, that really was written by one of the large majority of Iraqis who is grateful to the coalition for freeing them from the Ba'athist reign of terror. It is pretty instructive to spend a bit of time looking around his blog (or around the blogs of other Iraqis such as http://iraqataglance.blogspot.com/ or http://healingiraq.blogspot.com/ or http://dear_raed.blogspot.com/ ), but since he's only an Iraqi, I'm sure you won't bother.

pinky

--------------------

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger

#2590727 - 04/22/04 01:06 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

it was just a joke dude.  I didn't actually call Vegas :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger

#2590825 - 04/22/04 01:40 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

This just in:

I wanted to figure out who owned those sites you posted so I did some dns lookups at http://www.networksolutions.com/en_US/whois/

as near as I can tell, dear_raed and iraqthemodel dont have their own servers, they just have an account on blogspot.com

However, iraqataglance.com and healingiraq.com were both domain names registered by proxy using this service: http://www.domainsbyproxy.com/

so no one would be able to determine the real owner of these domains. kinda stinks.

anyway, the point is that I cant find any way to verify the identity of the owners of these sites, or any of the authors who wrote these blogs. There is no way (edit: other than police work) to dertimine whether these are real or fictional.

--------------------

Edited by DoctorJ (04/22/04 01:43 PM)

InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
Re: An Iraqi blogger's Birthday [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2590851 - 04/22/04 01:47 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Sounds like a pretty smart idea to me. If I were an Iraqi blogger I wouldn't want anyone knowing who I really was either.

I'm pretty confident that dear_raed is legit, the Guardian gave Salem Pax a job quite a while ago.

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger

Re: An Iraqi blogger's Birthday [Re: Edame]
    #2590903 - 04/22/04 02:04 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Some more info about our good friends at http://www.domainsbyproxy.com/ :

Registrant:
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
15111 N Hayden Rd., Suite 160
PMB353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States

Registered through: CIATech Solutions
Domain Name: IRAQATAGLANCE.COM
Created on: 10-Nov-03
Expires on: 10-Nov-04
Last Updated on: 10-Nov-03

CIATECH??? SOUNDS KINDA SCARY!!! LETS DO A LOOKUP ON THEM, TOO!! :

Registrant:
CIA Technologies
P.O. Box 454000
Abilene, Texas 79602
US

Domain name: CIATECH.COM

Administrative Contact:
Admin, Domain admin@ciatech.com
P.O. Box 454000
Abilene, Texas 79602
US
+866.8657742
Technical Contact:
Admin, Domain admin@ciatech.com
P.O. Box 454000
Abilene, Texas 79602
US
+866.8657742

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
Record last updated on 15-Jul-2003.
Record expires on 20-Jul-2004.
Record Created on 20-Jul-2000.

So, we've gone from Iraq to San Fransisco (blogspot.com) to Arizona (domainsbyproxy.com) and finally ended up in Abilene, Texas (the dubiously named CIATech.com). All these brand spankin new websites with no established history or credibility, threaded through a strange maze of ownership and registration by proxy. I'm not saying these lookups prove anything, but they dont lend a lot of credibility to the "evidence" presented by these blogs.

--------------------

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #2590918 - 04/22/04 02:07 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

wasn't the whole chipper thing roundly debunked
as a crock of shit?

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

OfflineTurnpikeGates
    #2590947 - 04/22/04 02:14 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

pinksharkmark said
No, Doc, that really was written by one of the large majority of Iraqis who is grateful to the coalition for freeing them from the Ba'athist reign of terror.

It's not that I don't believe you, but I'm wondering where you got that information from. The large amount of resistance going on currently would lead me to believe the opposite, but I'd be curious to see a poll or something. Source?

OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

Re: An Iraqi blogger's Birthday [Re: TurnpikeGates]
    #2591158 - 04/22/04 03:17 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

It's not that I don't believe you, but I'm wondering where you got that information from. The large amount of resistance going on currently would lead me to believe the opposite, but I'd be curious to see a poll or something. Source?

Not sure how you figure the insurgency going on is proof that a majority of people in a country of near 25 million(>12.5million) aren't grateful. While that is possible, I think it's more the situation of a vocal minority. I'll look for some of the polls that were done when I get a chance..

--------------------
?When Alexander the Great visted the philosopher Diogenes and asked whether he could do anything for him, Diogenes is said to have replied: 'Yes, stand a little less between me and the sun.' It is what every citizen is entitled to ask of his government.?
-Henry Hazlitt in 'Economics in One Lesson'

Edited by Ancalagon (04/22/04 03:18 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Political Discussion