Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Africa [& Diaspora] Archetypes/Deities/Religions Thread
    #25886204 - 03/20/19 04:53 PM (5 years, 10 days ago)

this is Asante material, i know, but i want to see what people think about such religious deities as Anansi, Papa Legba, Maccumba, etc?

Anansi
(huge archetype here, lol)

Papa Legba

Chango

Eshu/Eleggua

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Africa [& Diaspora] Archetypes/Deities/Religions Thread [Re: akira_akuma] * 2
    #25892194 - 03/23/19 01:59 PM (5 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

akira_akuma said:
this is Asante material

I hope more than you and me have given personal consideration yo African Deities in the process of our spiritual development.

Lets see what comes of it.

I remarked in spiritual Facepoop :shitfan: groups muttiple times that so many spiritual people grabastically reach for the spirituality of any culture but the African ones, and that this is to their detriment as the root of humanity is African.

People find it more plausible that ancient aliens built the pyramids rather than Africans, and if not aliens then for sure whitewashed Egyptians whith no role of substance by those who show the love of the tropical sun in the color of their skin.

There's also so much denial of the African roots of humanity, it blows the mind. It seems that every trace of even distant historic kinship must be denied.

Big eyes of Asian spirituality, Native American spirituality, but African spirituality is shunned, except by addicts who look for a cure in despiritualized and deafricanized Iboga sessions.

Lets see what comes of this topic, Shroomery candles burn a wee bit brighter than facepoop ones.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Africa [& Diaspora] Archetypes/Deities/Religions Thread [Re: Asante]
    #25892578 - 03/23/19 05:35 PM (5 years, 7 days ago)

well,  i think the roots are important. and especially with how much the African continents' deities are...well, from my findings, all these archetypal spirits are connected to the other spiritual systems. the lwa take on masques of what is necessary, as they say. i believe that. i've encountered things...like "death" (a masque of Ghede) -- and what seemed like Tezcatlipoca, at one time but that's a different story- Exu?

Ganesh and Exu seem to be one and the same deity, just a different linguistic archetype and masque.

Mama Bridget seems to be incorporation from Irish lore.

i liken the "Brahma" of the Upanishads to a similar force to what i've experienced alike the Odin-esque "removal of the left eye" [which happened in a dream- like the encounter with "Death" (traditional Death, blue robes and all, in front of a huge blue vortex which came out of a big blue tome i opened, and he took my rib and said "you won't be needing this anymore")...], which i feel is connected, all in all, to the above deities.

Legba, he supposedly comes in many forms.

Simbi-Makaya....this is another spirit....

Edited by akira_akuma (03/23/19 05:50 PM)

OfflineTripsten
Stranger

Re: Africa [& Diaspora] Archetypes/Deities/Religions Thread [Re: akira_akuma] * 1
    #25892677 - 03/23/19 06:56 PM (5 years, 7 days ago)

Very interesting
I’ve neevr avoided the spiritual aspects and teachings / findings of Africa purposefully, I’ve just genuinely never even heard of it till now
And that is sad truthfully
Why is so much down to just forget that entire continent and it’s true and massive worth to the world and the roots of humanity

As for the archetypal figures and deities,
They are all the same
How one culture views their god or spiritual whatever is influenced by the imagery they grew up with as these things could never be comprehended by human mind and thus are formed as what they are to us based on our experiences
So whatever their spiritual beings and deities are
Is like a Jesus , Buddha , Krishna thing
The exact same archetype viewed by different cultures

In my opinion

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Africa [& Diaspora] Archetypes/Deities/Religions Thread [Re: Tripsten]
    #25892700 - 03/23/19 07:15 PM (5 years, 7 days ago)

i would agree, wholeheartedly. i've come to recognize a particular experience i've had [on Salvia] as having more significance than i previous gleaned from it- realizing it was not merely "a trip" in the lower order of effects- but was an experience i never took really as anymore than something that drugs do- but i never thought more about it other than it "felt like this or that"- and upon learning more about spiritual experiences from literature, and such, i remember experiencing what was beyond the usual very strange dreams i would always experience back then [not so much anymore, less entheogens, i guess; now i just use psychegens, heh] -- i experienced a state in a few levels, on in a "trip-like" fashion [when i came back down]- but one other level, the first and highest level, was in a transcendent timespace that is ineffable, which is why it's so convenient that it's like a room of bright light [but is it light? i see many colors in my mind within light, but no rainbow then in that place- or so i remember]...it's convenient because that seems like "heaven" [it's presumably an anteroom, however]...it's convenient that i was talking to something [bigger than i, much bigger]...and that i was shown things which would amount to a world coming together before ones eyes, lived life in, and then broken down before those very same eyes again- and i remember distinctly one thing only, other than this white room where i was shown things and talked with something bigger than myself- i cried...long and hard, and i could see myself doing so, i blubbered...alot. it's convenient that it felt like many lifetimes. it's convenient that it happened within a second... between me shifting back to lean against a cabinet-desk in the room i was in, and then leaning forward from it after.

OfflineTripsten
Stranger

Re: Africa [& Diaspora] Archetypes/Deities/Religions Thread [Re: akira_akuma]
    #25892715 - 03/23/19 07:26 PM (5 years, 7 days ago)

That sounds like a powerful experience
Beautiful

Also OP what other African deities like the ones you’ve listed above do you know of ? I’d like to note their similarities to other cultures deities

Edited by Tripsten (03/23/19 07:57 PM)

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Africa [& Diaspora] Archetypes/Deities/Religions Thread [Re: Tripsten]
    #25892827 - 03/23/19 08:35 PM (5 years, 7 days ago)

Carrefor (dark aspect of Legba)
Marrassa (very interesting)
Ogoun (warrior lwa)
Gwan Bwa [or Loko] (first Houdoun out of the forest under the waters, Guinin, and is the master of medicines and protector of animals)
Ayizan (associated with the reglimen (traditions) of Voudon and is granted the Asson after being initiated, presides over the poto mitan [central-pole])
Ezili Freda & Ezili Dantor & Ezili Ge-Rouge [forms of Ezili]
Danballa and Ayida Wedo [his wife] (root mystery archetypes)
La Siren [root mystery archetype]
Simbi (D'Leau, serpent of waters, Andeo, serpent of two waters, or the sky, and Makaya, serpent of fire)

there is some things i can fill in, maybe Asante can discuss some of these deities, too.

:smile:

OfflineTripsten
Stranger

Re: Africa [& Diaspora] Archetypes/Deities/Religions Thread [Re: akira_akuma]
    #25892897 - 03/23/19 09:29 PM (5 years, 7 days ago)

Please do
What religion or religions are these from ?

OfflineBigFudge
He Who Slides Sideways
Male User Gallery

Re: Africa [& Diaspora] Archetypes/Deities/Religions Thread [Re: Tripsten] * 1
    #25899250 - 03/27/19 12:10 AM (5 years, 4 days ago)

I'm from South Africa, and last year I had the most interesting synchronistic experience regarding the Khoisan God Kaggen. Kaggen is often described as a creator being and a trickster, and most often takes the form of a mantis.
Mantis beings are a definite feature in the mushroom experience and thought this was a pretty interesting synchronicity.

I posted this on reddit a while ago so just copied that post below.

Last year my brother and I volunteered on a farm in the Karoo region of South Africa. The specific area was old Koi San land, an indigenous tribe of SA. One of their gods is Kaggen, the praying mantis. After we volunteered we went to sit on a 10 day silent meditation course. In the retreat we both got visited by a praying mantis in the weirdest ways, one flew and sat on my head for about 20 minutes one morning and my brother had one follow him into his room. Afterwards we related this story to one of the people who sat with us and he told us about Kaggen and how it was a good omen that he had visited us on the course.

Two days later we were catching a flight at Cape Town internarional airport and as we waited for our flight I sat behind this dreadlocked guy and heard him talking about permaculture which is also an interest of mine so we struck up a conversation. He had just returned from an indigenous peoples conference in Panama teaching permaculture there and we talked about how we were recently in Koi San territory and had been visited by mantises on the retreat. He was of Koi San decent and he had a look of astonishment as we related the weird happening.
He then asked what Sadek said of this.
My brother and I go "what the fuuuck" and asked him how he knew Sadek? Turns out him and Sadek's brother are friends.
Sadek was one of the guys on the retreat with us.

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Africa [& Diaspora] Archetypes/Deities/Religions Thread [Re: BigFudge] * 1
    #25902168 - 03/28/19 01:44 PM (5 years, 2 days ago)

coincidences are not a thing within this realm.

OfflineBigFudge
He Who Slides Sideways
Male User Gallery

Re: Africa [& Diaspora] Archetypes/Deities/Religions Thread [Re: akira_akuma] * 1
    #25902274 - 03/28/19 02:39 PM (5 years, 2 days ago)

Yeah man, totally agree. The longer I live the less I experience "coincidences" as just random things. I think a lot of people think about the word coincidence and immediately make a connotation of chance or luck. A co-incident has much more of a confluence of things about it when you really look at the word and what it actually means and indicates. I suppose that's why Jung chose the word synchronicity to describe this type of thing, so one could move away from the associations already made by coincidence.

--------------------

OfflineHigh Night Expanse
Vast Embrace ♬

Re: Africa [& Diaspora] Archetypes/Deities/Religions Thread [Re: BigFudge] * 1
    #25910329 - 04/01/19 07:46 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

My username is reference to divine principle Nut and to the concept of expansiveness, silence, & spritual rebirth into higher vibrations/realms which she represents.

And to being stoned under that silent sky

There is a great source of information on this and other principles of ancient eygpt and i am open to pms for who ever wishes to know

Offlineakira_akuma

Re: Africa [& Diaspora] Archetypes/Deities/Religions Thread [Re: High Night Expanse]
    #25910457 - 04/01/19 08:39 PM (4 years, 11 months ago)

i would say there is a lot of manifest material from traditional and even recent scientific literature on reasons why the night time is so different qualitatively than the day time.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom