Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineHidingInPlainSight
Male User Gallery
Loc: Portland, OR
That feeling...
    #2589144 - 04/22/04 12:32 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Whenever you are under the influence mushrooms or LSD.. do you get that feeling back again.. that innocent feeling.. like when you were a little kid and weren't aware of the worlds corruption and perversion, and felt that force of protection over you.. like someone was watching out for you???

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: That feeling... [Re: HidingInPlainSight]
    #2589192 - 04/22/04 12:44 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I may feel like a little kid but I definitely do not feel any force of protection over me.

Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
    #2589222 - 04/22/04 12:50 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I feel very much that I am regressed to my childhood. This makes me feel very vulnerable if I'm not in a good setting. But I love seeing the world through those innocent eyes every time I trip. I never really feel protected though...

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
    #2589238 - 04/22/04 12:56 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

...felt that force of protection over you.. like someone was watching out for you???

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

OfflineCheebatoke
Toker
Loc: Southern TX
    #2589319 - 04/22/04 01:15 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I definatly agree.. though as the others say maybe not so much protection but an overall feeling of being a kid again. Enjoying simple things that we take for granted in our old age..

--------------------
The only thing permanent is change.

OfflineEuphoricBlue
Trance DepthExplorer

Loc: Fresno, California
    #2590386 - 04/22/04 11:29 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

"So familiar and overwhelmingly warm....this ONE this form I hold now."

Hehe, someone knows what your talking about...

Chad

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2590437 - 04/22/04 11:45 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ledzepln86 said:
Whenever you are under the influence mushrooms or LSD.. do you get that feeling back again.. that innocent feeling.. like when you were a little kid and weren't aware of the worlds corruption and perversion, and felt that force of protection over you.. like someone was watching out for you???

Yeah, I sort of get that when I trip. More like, I completely submit to the control of "something" else, and in submitting I feel protected. I always feel like I'm in the womb of something great.

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
    #2590735 - 04/22/04 01:09 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Yep... I know what you are talking about I felt it every time, and I am close to 40 now!
The shrooms once told me that the don't like it when you take your self to seriously (big ego man/woman ) that to enter their world fully, you need to become like a child.
Above all they love it when you can laugh about your silly self and follies, if you can let go they will show you many things.
But if you insist in bringing your ego to them, the will play nasty tricks on you so you don?t come back to play with them.

--------------------

OfflineHidingInPlainSight
Male User Gallery
Loc: Portland, OR
Re: That feeling... [Re: LOBO]
    #2595318 - 04/23/04 04:56 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I love the "Welcome home, friend. We've been waiting for you to return." feeling of mushrooms. :smile:

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2595369 - 04/23/04 05:10 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Above all they love it...

Dear Mr. Wolf,

We have covered this countless times, yet you continue this falsehood. If mushrooms had some sort of consciousness that permeated us when we ate them, then synthetic psilocybin would lack this quality. As they are indistinguishable, then there is no "they" loving us or rejecting us. It is all an internal state based upon your own psyche; not any outside agent.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Re: That feeling... [Re: Swami]
    #2595497 - 04/23/04 05:46 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Dear Mr Swami,

I Know you have express your opinion about this subject in the past, and I respect your opinion and point of view, and you and every one are entitled to believe what ever you want.
It is not my intension change you or to make you accept my version of reality, I am just responding to ledzepe , that seams to have had some similar experience.
Now If you want to have a civilize dialog about this topic I am all for it, but if you are going start with sarcasm and putting me down I am not interested in this game.
Your behavior is no different than those Jehovah witness that ring at your door, they come to you with a superiority complex that they are the ones that know it all and are here to save you, cuz you been wrong all along.
peace.

--------------------

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #2595519 - 04/23/04 05:56 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

"Except ye be converted and become as little children, ye shall not enter the kingdom of heaven."

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2595546 - 04/23/04 06:03 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
We have covered this countless times, yet you continue this falsehood. If mushrooms had some sort of consciousness that permeated us when we ate them, then synthetic psilocybin would lack this quality. As they are indistinguishable, then there is no "they" loving us or rejecting us. It is all an internal state based upon your own psyche; not any outside agent.

Unless, of course, mushrooms were a conscious being, with it physically existing in mycelium (very similar to our brain, connection-wise). It doesn't matter if the key is produced by mushrooms or is synthesized, it is still the same.

The consciousness doesn't exist in the chemical, it exists somewhere else and a connection is established when its "key" enters your system. I can't exactly propose how this would happen, but I believe quantam physics might be in the right territory to have something to say. *shrugs*

Hard to say... but I don't think anyone here is suggesting that the consciousness is existing within the chemical itself. :lol:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2596131 - 04/23/04 10:04 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Now If you want to have a civilize dialog about this topic I am all for it, but if you are going start with sarcasm and putting me down I am not interested in this game.
There was no sarcasm nor any put down anywhere in my post nor anything uncivilized being said. Sounds like you are projecting. (If one becomes more aware of spiritual unity through mushroom use and shamanic practices, does one's ego become more fragile or less?)

It is not about choosing one belief or perception of reality over another. Any belief that is internally inconsistent MUST be erroneous. This is self-evident to anyone who looks closely and has nothing to do with "Swami's worldview".

Your behavior is no different than those Jehovah witness that ring at your door, they come to you with a superiority complex that they are the ones that know it all and are here to save you, cuz you been wrong all along.
*Here is Lobo doing exactly what he claims to detest.*

Words are not behavior, nor is coming to a public debate forum the same as going to a stranger's door univited, now IS IT? I list no belief in this thread, therefore I am "shoving" no idea down anyone's throat.

--------------------

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Re: That feeling... [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2597282 - 04/24/04 06:43 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

The consciousness doesn't exist in the chemical, it exists somewhere else and a connection is established when its "key" enters your system. I can't exactly propose how this would happen, but I believe quantam physics might be in the right territory to have something to say.

This is exactly how I see it fireworks, grate description.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: That feeling... [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2597681 - 04/24/04 01:00 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

The consciousness doesn't exist in the chemical, it exists somewhere else and a connection is established when its "key" enters your system.
Do you just fabricate stuff when you disagree with a poster's contention? Where is this key repository or any even one precedent for this type of action-at-a-distance?

I can't exactly propose how this would happen,
Not surprising as it doesn't happen.

but I believe quantam physics might be in the right territory to have something to say.
Now we are substituting quantum physics as the magical end-all to "explain" far-fetched ideas? Is this the new bucket into which we toss unfounded ideas?

Hard to say... but I don't think anyone here is suggesting that the consciousness is existing within the chemical itself
No, a member actually suggested that consciousness lay in the mushrooms. I clearly debunked this theory by pointing out that the effects were indistinguishable from a non-living synthetic compound. The response was emotional, but there was no counterpoint.

This makes as much sense as saying that because coyotes contain carbon, if we eat a lump of charcoal then we are absorbing coyote consciousness.

--------------------

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger

#2597897 - 04/24/04 02:06 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I don't understand why you would think that the similarity between synthetic and naturally produced psilocybin proves that psilocybin molecule itself has no soul. Not that I'm saying it does have a soul, I just don't see the connection in your logic.

also i think that the carbon example is a gross oversimplification. all life on this planet contains carbon. not all life on this planet contains psilocybin.

I think that quantum physics was brought into this discussion because people are basically trying to promote the idea that a physical object has an existence beyond its incarnate form. Much like the human soul (if such a thing exists).

--------------------

Edited by DoctorJ (04/24/04 02:07 PM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: That feeling... [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2597950 - 04/24/04 02:17 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

also i think that the carbon example is a gross oversimplification.
The analogy is valid. I make this comparison so that the absurdity of the stance becomes readily apparent.

all life on this planet contains carbon. not all life on this planet contains psilocybin.
So what?

If I take pure psilocybin, which species of mushroom's spirit am I ingesting? What if I take pure DMT (which is in thousands of plant species and perhaps all mammals) which plant spirit do I call up?

If the spirit is in the molecule, then you are saying those who claim it is in the plant or fungus are wrong.

If the spirit is in the molecule, why do those who take it have visions of mushrooms instead of chemical bonds?

Can't have it both ways. You choose.

--------------------

Edited by Swami (04/24/04 02:30 PM)

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger

#2597980 - 04/24/04 02:26 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I would say that if it is anywhere, its in the molecule. Or perhaps the molecule is just a doorway.

but then again I'm not one of those "commune with nature" type hippie dudes that likes to "call upon spirits"

I have never had visions of a mushroom while I was tripping. But I have had visions of molecules and interlaced energy patterns. I have been spoken to, but I never really considered it the drugs talking to me. More like something else entirely communicating through the drugs. But I've always been kind of a wierdo.

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #2598157 - 04/24/04 03:19 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

If the spirit is in the molecule, why do those who take it have visions of mushrooms instead of chemical bonds?

Can't have it both ways. You choose.

Because the psilocybin in the mushrooms, same with the psilocybin synthetically produced, is a key to the subconscious mind, so however we've portrayed what we believe to be the spirit of the mushroom as, that's how it ends up.

Scientifically, that seems the most logical. One could make an argument for an astral connection, but that would have no scientific backing as the astral is either a world inside the great subconscious, or another plane of existence, and either way we don't know enough knowledge about either.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology