Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePsicomb
shroom or die
Male User Gallery

Loc: the womb
Trusted Cultivator
Re: 2nd PF Tek / 1st bulk attempt (Grow Log + pics) [Re: Psicomb]
    #24966256 - 02/04/18 07:27 AM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Spawned two (out of seven) ms AA+ jars at a 1:1 ratio in a shoebox this afternoon.

Spotted some pins yesterday and flipped the lid and plan on misting 1-2x daily.  Will continue to update and plan on starting the mini mono in 5-7 days when the last of my grain jars finish colonizing.. 

Edited by Psicomb (02/04/18 02:31 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsicomb
shroom or die
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: 2nd PF Tek / 1st bulk attempt (Grow Log + pics) [Re: Psicomb] * 1
    #24969545 - 02/05/18 05:32 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

:evil:

--------------------

When we constantly pull things apart trying to see how it works, we may end up with only an understanding of how to destroy something
- nick sand

Offlinemushroomnate
Pstranger
 User Gallery

#24969587 - 02/05/18 05:51 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

They're here! :headbanger:

--------------------

BRF to bulk/Cakes as spawn

OfflineBluePapayaSky
Stranger

#24969603 - 02/05/18 06:00 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

beautiful pins :cheers:

InvisiblePsicomb
shroom or die
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: 2nd PF Tek / 1st bulk attempt (Grow Log + pics) [Re: BluePapayaSky]
    #24969640 - 02/05/18 06:15 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks guys!  I am excited to see what it will look like come harvest.

--------------------

When we constantly pull things apart trying to see how it works, we may end up with only an understanding of how to destroy something
- nick sand

OfflineCorundum
Goopy
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Michigan Flag
    #24969760 - 02/05/18 07:04 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Looks awesome! make sure to tell us yield :rockon:

--------------------
:samus::samus:

OfflineShrooms4life
TrippyShaman
Male

Loc: Under the Viel Flag
Re: 2nd PF Tek / 1st bulk attempt (Grow Log + pics) [Re: Corundum]
    #24969788 - 02/05/18 07:12 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Looking great brother! I think that casing layer really helps to bring in that nice even pinset I'm trying it on my shoebox now with 3 brf to 2 quarts cvg with a casing of just feild cap verm.

InvisiblePsicomb
shroom or die
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: 2nd PF Tek / 1st bulk attempt (Grow Log + pics) [Re: Shrooms4life]
    #24969850 - 02/05/18 07:33 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Corundum said:

Definitely!  This is 4 half-pints to 2qts sub so I'm praying for ~20g dry but I will be grateful for anything at all :smile:

Quote:

Shrooms4life said:
Looking great brother! I think that casing layer really helps to bring in that nice even pinset I'm trying it on my shoebox now with 3 brf to 2 quarts cvg with a casing of just feild cap verm.

Hell yeah man, thank you!  I have heard of the top layer being referred to as a "pseudo-casing", but I feel like it helped keep the top from drying out too much in my dry apartment.  I haven't tried the straight verm casing before (except on cakes, of course) but that's a cool idea.  Have you heard of it working better for some people compared to a top layer of the cvg?  Let me know how it goes dude..!  Happy growing :stoned:

--------------------

- nick sand

Edited by Psicomb (02/05/18 07:38 PM)

OfflineShrooms4life
TrippyShaman
Male

Loc: Under the Viel Flag
    #24969928 - 02/05/18 08:01 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

No I haven't heard it working any better or worse then other casings, I just figured the casing wouldn't colonize as fast with verm as it would with cvg. I thought maybe I'd get fruits faster if the sub didn't put in as much effort to grow into the casing before fruiting.

Idk I'm high lol and I figure id try it out cause I haven't used a casing yet and even though I've been doing ms I feel like my pinset isn't even as good as yours in the pic.

InvisiblePsicomb
shroom or die
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: 2nd PF Tek / 1st bulk attempt (Grow Log + pics) [Re: Shrooms4life]
    #24969958 - 02/05/18 08:14 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Shrooms4life said:
No I haven't heard it working any better or worse then other casings, I just figured the casing wouldn't colonize as fast with verm as it would with cvg. I thought maybe I'd get fruits faster if the sub didn't put in as much effort to grow into the casing before fruiting.

Idk I'm high lol and I figure id try it out cause I haven't used a casing yet and even though I've been doing ms I feel like my pinset isn't even as good as yours in the pic.

Hahah I'm cooked too but I totally understand your logic behind that :stoned:  Why not try it out and see what happens, right?  Tbh man this is totally touch and go and I am just lucky to have been graced with this kind of pinset.  I saw Bodh mention that he leaves his lid off while home so I decided to try that out and it has been working well for me.  I leave it flipped always but leave it off entirely for ~5 hours daily.  I mist only once a day too.  I have had a few failures with grain, in addition to the other shoebox this round catching trich, so I am right there with ya homie.  Have you tried going to agar?  I have my first attempt at agar going right now in my pc and am gonna inoculate tomorrow with a drop of ms solution.  Seems like a way to finally break free from sketchy grows haha.

--------------------

- nick sand

Edited by Psicomb (02/05/18 08:23 PM)

Offlinemushroomnate
Pstranger
 User Gallery

#24969987 - 02/05/18 08:27 PM (6 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Psicomvb said:
Quote:

Corundum said:

Definitely!  This is 4 half-pints to 2qts sub so I'm praying for ~20g dry but I will be grateful for anything at all :smile:

Quote:

Shrooms4life said:

Hell yeah man, thank you!  I have heard of the top layer being referred to as a "pseudo-casing", but I feel like it helped keep the top from drying out too much in my dry apartment.  I haven't tried the straight verm casing before (except on cakes, of course) but that's a cool idea.  Have you heard of it working better for some people compared to a top layer of the cvg?  Let me know how it goes dude..!  Happy growing :stoned:

I have been "pseudo-casing" a few of my tubs to help with the dry winter air.I really haven't noticed a huge difference tho.As far as yield, I usually average around 70g wet first flush per half pint cake spawned.

--------------------

BRF to bulk/Cakes as spawn

Edited by mushroomnate (02/05/18 09:25 PM)

InvisibleMr. Flappy Caps
God

Re: Some shoeboxes [Re: Psicomb]
    #25885484 - 03/20/19 10:29 AM (5 years, 9 days ago)

Has anyone tried using whole PF cakes and lining the entire bottom of the tub with them, then filling coir in between the cakes till the sub is level??? Sorry for posting in an old thread just can’t find the answer I’m looking for.

--------------------
I am that, I am......

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix