Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

Re: stupid ? from computer illiterate
    #258850 - 04/30/00 10:51 PM (17 years, 22 hours ago)

you can minimize everything by pressing the windows button and m at the same time.

I've never heard of a button on the windows bar doing that.. must've been a special configuration.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

#258852 - 04/30/00 11:16 PM (17 years, 22 hours ago)

man i frikin hate explorer i miss aol people can say what they want but aol rules ive had nothing but problomes with this g--dam explorer and especialy outlook express i say fuk it if you want to mail me send it to altavista im soo mad i cant get high so im gonna go chill i beeen fu---n around with this outlook express for almost a week and it still aint right so fuck you out look express, im runnin IE 5.5 by the way and as far as your question i cant help but i thought id express my rage thanks !

Anonymous

#258853 - 04/30/00 11:17 PM (17 years, 22 hours ago)

man i frikin hate explorer i miss aol people can say what they want but aol rules ive had nothing but problomes with this g--dam explorer and especialy outlook express i say fuk it if you want to mail me send it to altavista im soo mad i cant get high so im gonna go chill i beeen fu---n around with this outlook express for almost a week and it still aint right so fuck you out look express, im runnin IE 5.5 by the way and as far as your question i cant help but i thought id express my rage thanks !

Anonymous

#258854 - 04/30/00 11:18 PM (17 years, 22 hours ago)

Anonymous

#258855 - 04/30/00 11:21 PM (17 years, 22 hours ago)

quote:
Originally posted by djcarcass:
you can minimize everything by pressing the windows button and m at the same time.

I've never heard of a button on the windows bar doing that.. must've been a special configuration.

sorry if i spammed you i kept getting a error message !

Anonymous

#258856 - 04/30/00 11:26 PM (17 years, 21 hours ago)

Why do people when they have trouble with computers think that they are dumb? Just because I love cooking, I can cook myself a nice enough dinner, but can't pull off a 3 course banquet, I don't say to chefs that I am stupid. Don't take it the wrong way, but I find it wierd. :smile:

Anyway, Do a searchin your windows directory for *.scf, you should find a file called show desktop.scf, drag and drop that into your shortcutbar, that should fix that, with the IE window, right click on the short cut that you are using to start IE, click on properties, then down the bottom where it has run, change it to maximized.

I hope this helps.

jC

[This message has been edited by jC (edited April 30, 2000).]

Invisiblerebelmoon
enthusiast
    #258857 - 05/01/00 02:43 PM (17 years, 6 hours ago)

jC:

"Why do people when they have trouble with computers think that they are dumb?"

well i wasnt saying that *i* am stupid, but that my question is stupid. it is pretty fucking silly to have to spend so much time trying to get a simple thing like this done, ya know?

"Anyway, Do a search in your windows directory for *.scf, you should find a file called show desktop.scf, drag and drop that into your shortcutbar, that should fix that"

it worked! thank you so much! originally it was located by itself in the bottom bar just to the right of the "start" scroll box. i couldnt get it to go there.

"with the IE window, right click on the short cut that you are using to start IE, click on properties, then down the bottom where it has run, change it to maximized."

i got to the properties window but it doesnt say run anywhere. there are some tabs at the top: "general, security, content, connections, programs, advanced". i looked in all of them (as i have doen before) and couldnt find what you were talking about.
is this the right window to be looking in? it is "internet properties" and i got to it w/ your directions.
-daniel.

--------------------
"habit is the ballast that chains the dog to its vomit" - s beckett

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media