Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePnwCyAzurescens
Stranger
 User Gallery

New to the game and some pics
    #25884877 - 03/20/19 02:16 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Hello, I just wanted to thank you all for a great community of people and the wealth of information.  I have been reading and studying on here for quite some time and have been playing "mad scientist" here at the pad.  I have one or two post previously but not much.  So I wanted to share a bit and some pics.

I started with agar right away and basically spent many days playing around in the SAB following various Teks adding my own twists.  I'm obviously still learning and have ran into a few issues here and there, but I don't mind since for me all of it is so much fun and I like to just try different things.  One thing I have learned and that is that shrooms do as they please.  I live in the PNW ans started my journey of mushroom cultivation in January (this year).  I ordered some syringes and took them straight to Agar.  I figured from all the reading on here it would be the best route.  I love that stuff!  I absolutely love starting out with one Agar dish and making transfers, it might be my favorite part of the process, especially when you start the see the results of isolating sections and seeing them grow to very nice rhizomorphic mycelium from the original plate!  That shit is straight beautiful! 

Anyhow, long story short, I have way more dishes then I know what to do with and now I have way more inoculated jars then I know what to do with and naturally with this kind of "problem" I have harvested a shit ton (to me) of shrooms already... more then I know what to even do with!  I have become obessed with growing and really for no other reason then the fact that it's just plain fun and a badass hobby where the learning never stops.  I am an experimenter and troubleshooter by nature so this shit is right up my ally!

My challenge was that I'm not able to do any of it in my house... the garage is all I have and it's not heated!  lol  So I sectioned off an area with visqueen (sp?) and built a grow chamber.  It's been a challenge managing the temps and airflow while keeping the area free of airborne shit.  But through trial and error I have been able to see the fruits of my labor, though not perfect.  I've tossed tubs and set some aside outside of the sectioned area in the cold ass garage only to take a peek after a week and seeing massive mushrooms in the tossed tubs!  :shocked:  Hence my statement, they will do as they please.  All my efforts to get all the temps etc right and I dump them and they flourish.  WTF???  LOL  (no pics sorry)

I have grown them in my grow chamber with shitty results so now that chamber serves as my incubation chamber and it's near perfect!  I will still fuck with it though to see if I can actually get it dailed in.  But for now it's found another purpose.  So now I just dub tub, pf tek, shoe box etc on a rack and my results have improved.  Not where I want to be yet but progress is being made.

Anyhow, thanks to many of you for all your expertise and wisdom on these matters.  Here are a few pics, my favorite is the Emoji one of course.  I hope to learn more and participate more, though I feel I don't have much to offer and seemingly all my questions are searchable, though I wish I had a mentor!  The side pinning and bottom pinning is pissing my off, but I get decent pinning on top as well, so I'm happy thus far and it just makes the journey more interesting to me.

I'm also playing with Oyster Mushrooms on Agar and King S, though at the moment I'm more interested in my Cubes and next are Mex Jalisco and Pan Hawaii... :eek:

Cheers!

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAnoobus
Thrillionaire
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: New to the game and some pics [Re: PnwCyAzurescens]
    #25884887 - 03/20/19 02:41 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

My understanding on preventing side pins is to use a liner to block the light. Initially I thought the liner had to be on the inside of the tub, but I belive I have seen pics on here of a black trash bag clipped around the outside of the tub. I think that is What I will be doing tomorrow. I noticed sidepins in my latest shoebox grow. Hope this helps. Good vibes to you and your grow.

OfflineSFS96S
AstroMan
 User Gallery

Loc: Valleys Of Neptune
Re: New to the game and some pics [Re: Anoobus]
    #25884900 - 03/20/19 02:58 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Anoobus said:
My understanding on preventing side pins is to use a liner to block the light. Initially I thought the liner had to be on the inside of the tub, but I belive I have seen pics on here of a black trash bag clipped around the outside of the tub. I think that is What I will be doing tomorrow. I noticed sidepins in my latest shoebox grow. Hope this helps. Good vibes to you and your grow.

No most people put them on the inside of the tub but this won’t prevent side pins completely. Dial in your surface conditions and you won’t need a liner at all.

Good looking grow if u have too much spawn start some big tubs:mushroom2:

--------------------
How I make and preserve tea

Consuming consumes a man That was never a purpose of life To only crave for material joys Is believing the lie - Mellow Mood

Edited by SFS96 (03/20/19 03:00 AM)

Offlinenewtomyc
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: here there and everywhere
Re: New to the game and some pics [Re: Anoobus]
    #25885138 - 03/20/19 08:04 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Anoobus said:
My understanding on preventing side pins is to use a liner to block the light. Initially I thought the liner had to be on the inside of the tub, but I belive I have seen pics on here of a black trash bag clipped around the outside of the tub. I think that is What I will be doing tomorrow. I noticed side pins in my latest shoebox grow. Hope this helps. Good vibes to you and your grow.

I don't think that accurate info.

Side pins have more to do with improper surface conditions, not light. That's what I'm working on now, is recognizing and maintaining proper surface condition. This (from what I understand) takes time, patience, and experience.

Good luck OP!!

--------------------
JJ

Draw unto others as they have been drawn to you.... WSP

OfflinePnwCyAzurescens
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: New to the game and some pics [Re: newtomyc]
    #25885299 - 03/20/19 10:41 AM (1 year, 11 months ago)

Quote:

newtomyc said:
Quote:

Anoobus said:
My understanding on preventing side pins is to use a liner to block the light. Initially I thought the liner had to be on the inside of the tub, but I belive I have seen pics on here of a black trash bag clipped around the outside of the tub. I think that is What I will be doing tomorrow. I noticed side pins in my latest shoebox grow. Hope this helps. Good vibes to you and your grow.

Side pins have more to do with improper surface conditions, not light. That's what I'm working on now, is recognizing and maintaining proper surface condition. This (from what I understand) takes time, patience, and experience.

Good luck OP!!

Quote:

newtomyc said:
Quote:

Anoobus said:

Good luck OP!!

Quote:

newtomyc said:
Quote:

Anoobus said:

Good luck OP!!

Thanks and I’m with you on that.  I’m doing the same due to Bod’s inspiration.  :laugh:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation