Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebanishedfromtime
void cult adept

second season grow
    #25883959 - 03/19/19 06:22 PM (1 month, 6 days ago)

hey all,

last year I ended up going through a few iterations of growing and ended up having the most success grinding up brf cakes and mixing in bulk with cvg.

this year I'm going to do some agar work (have mini rounds and the breathable tape on hand, awaiting the agar to arrive). first go I'm just going to practice some movements in SAB and see if I'm inducing contamination.

last year I was using an electric PC that my roommate had, this year I'm investing in a presto 23q so I can do grain.

agar --> grain

What's my end goal for when I go grain to bulk?

Should I have a monoculture for this? What if it's weak? What if it ends up being non-fruiting?

I have on hand a few prints from my first grow (some ecuador that I thought were pretty good, and some huautla/oaxaca that I thought were fairly lackluster by comparison). I have an MS of puerto rican as well.

Unsure if the spore prints are clean as they are from the first time I was trying to create them, so I might buy another MS or print. Anyone recommend a decent strain?

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFrankRhizo
Stranger
Male
Loc: Flag
Re: second season grow [Re: banishedfromtime]
    #25883981 - 03/19/19 06:33 PM (1 month, 6 days ago)

Almost any cube except penis envy. B+ or golden teacher seems to be popular for first timers. If you have prints grow from MS on agar. Learn how to do that then concentrate on clone then monoculture.

OfflineAnoobus
Thrillionaire
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: second season grow [Re: FrankRhizo]
    #25884001 - 03/19/19 06:42 PM (1 month, 6 days ago)

I love Golden teachers.  The unicorn next door recently pulled a single 71 gram fruit. They are noob friendly. 👍 I think their ms syrynge had a 101 on it...

Offlinebanishedfromtime
void cult adept

Re: second season grow [Re: banishedfromtime]
    #25947114 - 04/21/19 11:04 AM (4 days, 14 hours ago)

alright, update time

I tried making agar plates in my electric PC I had used last year. there was a lot of condensation. I tried inocing anyway, and obviously that led to bacterial growth pretty quickly.

to rectify this I acquired a real PC

I inoculated 4 of the larger jars with GT and AA+. I'll use the quicker of each for the remaining G2G. had around 2200-2300g dry before boiling and drying again. this was split between two sets of 6 32qt jars, with 2 of each set being a bit fuller for g2g source.

I have to clean my current agar plates (glad mini rounds) and I have another set of 8 I want to make. I also have another 6 jars to PC, can I put all of these in at once (beyond space reasons)? for the last PC cycle I followed one of BOD's teks, leave weight off, wait for steam, vent for 10 minutes, then added the weight with the 3 quarters, got to 15 psig and adjusted heat accordingly, cook 2 hours.

for the next agar cycle I will inoc 1 each of GT, AA, PR and go from there.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Brown Rice Flour

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation