Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleCitizen X
Buzz Killinton
Other User Gallery
Loc: Djibouti
Breaking: Smokable medical pot is now legal in Florida after Ron DeSantis signs bill
    #25882682 - 03/18/19 08:43 PM (5 years, 12 days ago)

The law takes effect immediately, but regulators must iron out the details. Flower sales are  expected to start by no later than this summer.

Kim Rivers, CEO of Trulieve, one of the Florida’s largest MMJ businesses, said she couldn’t put a specific number on how much smokable products might boost her company’s sales.
But she said one can point to other markets across the country where flower accounts for up to 40%-60% of total dispensary sales.

In addition to sales to the state’s existing 193,338 qualified patients, “we do anticipate this (also) will be a draw for patients to enter the market in Florida,” Rivers said.

One caveat: Sales in recent years have been moving away from flower and toward concentrates – especially vape pens and cartridges.

Jeffrey Sharkey, executive director of the Medical Marijuana Business Association of Florida, characterized the development as “significant” for the already fast-growing industry.

The updated Marijuana Business Factbook estimated that Florida’s medical cannabis industry hit $200 million-$300 million in sales in 2018.

That’s compared to sales of $20 million-$40 million in 2017.

Flower available by summer, if not sooner

Following the law’s enactment, here’s what will happen next:

The law becomes effective immediately, but the Florida Department of Health must develop and approve rules to allow for smokable products, Sharkey said. “That would take 90 days or so if not challenged,” he noted.
Sharkey said he would expect smokable products to be available by the summer. Rivers of Trulieve said it could happen before that. “All indicators are that Gov. DeSantis would like this to be implemented quickly,” she said.
The law allows qualified patients to receive up to 2.5 ounces of cannabis every 35 days.
Higher retail sales also will bode well for ancillary services, Sharkey noted.
DeSantis had urged lawmakers to lift the ban on smokable products after courts ruled the ban violated a constitutional amendment legalizing MMJ that was passed by voters in 2016.

Medical marijuana operators in Florida have been aggressive lobbying for pro-business provisions, donating at least $2.5 million to state lawmakers and political parties since the summer of 2016, according to the Miami Herald.

Surterra has donated $1.1 million, including $50,000 to DeSantis’ gubernatorial campaign, followed by Trulieve, $564,000, and Curaleaf, $469,000, according to the report.

Kim Hawkes, senior manager of government and public relations for Surterra Wellness, one of Florida’s largest MMJ businesses, didn’t comment about the lobbying report.

But she said the repeal of ban on smokable products is a “great example of our state government supporting the will of the people.”

Hawkes said Surterra plans to offer pre-rolls in a variety of strains and potencies as soon as the program is approved, and then additional whole flower products later in the year.

Expansion in a tightly controlled market

The expansion of products though comes as Florida’s MMJ market remains tightly controlled by a handful of businesses.

Florida has a vertically integrated medical marijuana industry and caps on the number of dispensaries, both of which also have been ruled unconstitutional in recent months.

In January, DeSantis urged lawmakers to loosen licensing rules so more companies could enter the market.

New licensing has been in limbo while various legal challenges to the state’s restrictions and process have worked through the courts.

In the meantime, five companies – Trulieve, Surterra, Curaleaf, Knox Medical and Liberty Health Services – control the vast majority of the state’s dispensaries.

In fact, those five businesses operated 91, or 85%, of the state’s 107 dispensaries statewide as of March 8, according to Florida Department of Health figures.

Until other licensees expand or the market opens up to new licensees, those businesses likely stand to gain the most from the elimination of the ban on smokable products.

At least some of the other licensees do have big plans to expand.

On Monday, Cresco Labs, the Chicago-based vertically integrated cannabis company, agreed to acquire VidaCann in a $120 million cash and stock deal. VidaCann currently has only seven dispensaries in Florida, but had plans to expand that number to 20 by year-end.
https://mjbizdaily.com/florida-ends-ban-on-smokable-cannabis-opening-door-to-tens-of-millions-in-new-sales/

Tldr if it’s not challenged then it looks like this summer or sooner? Bout fuckin time plur

--------------------

Rate me here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Breaking: Smokable medical pot is now legal in Florida after Ron DeSantis signs bill [Re: Citizen X]
    #25882868 - 03/18/19 11:00 PM (5 years, 12 days ago)

morelguy??

Edited by Konyap (03/18/19 11:02 PM)

InvisibleCitizen X
Buzz Killinton
Other User Gallery
Re: Breaking: Smokable medical pot is now legal in Florida after Ron DeSantis signs bill [Re: Konyap]
    #25883202 - 03/19/19 08:38 AM (5 years, 11 days ago)

Are you calling me a puppet Konyap?

:canthelpbutlaugh:

Uhh I know my content might not be great but, morelguy, really :facepalm:

--------------------

Rate me here

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Breaking: Smokable medical pot is now legal in Florida after Ron DeSantis signs bill [Re: Citizen X]
    #25883251 - 03/19/19 09:20 AM (5 years, 11 days ago)

Lol.^

Congrats Florida

Citizen X that is a really funny avatar

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

InvisibleCitizen X
Buzz Killinton
Other User Gallery
Re: Breaking: Smokable medical pot is now legal in Florida after Ron DeSantis signs bill [Re: Fractal420]
    #25883352 - 03/19/19 10:39 AM (5 years, 11 days ago)

Hey Fractal! What’s up?

I just got this in my message box

Have you heard the news?
Wednesday, the bill to repeal the FL smoking ban
Passed the FL House of Representatives
101-11 and could be approved by Friday!
Please note, the DOH will need to determine regulations
Before your doctor can include it in your recommendation.

Sounds like they have some more work to do? I think it’ll be before summer though?

Did y’all read in the article how much $ the dispensary’s put into the governor’s fund? Almost 2 million if I remember correctly

Thanks for that fractal. Plur

--------------------

Rate me here

InvisibleCitizen X
Buzz Killinton
Other User Gallery
    #25922527 - 04/08/19 07:33 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Muv dispensary’s have flowers starting today

--------------------

Rate me here

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds