Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinesycodelix
Honorable Golden Shellback
Male

Loc: Spokane, Washington
What if Denver frees the magic mushrooms? Here are some opportunities.
    #25883064 - 03/19/19 05:14 AM (5 years, 11 days ago)

https://therooster.com/blog/what-if-denver-frees-the-magic-mushrooms-heres-what-could-be-next

What if Denver frees the magic mushrooms? Here are some opportunities.
VICESMARCH 18, 2019 BY REILLY CAPPS
The Mile High City will vote May 7 on psychedelic mushrooms.

No city has tried this before.

But, if the initiative passes, all kinds of people are already talking about what could come next: musicians, therapists, addicts and their sponsors, money-chasers, partiers, anarchists, shamans, wooks and wannabe holy-men.

Some of their discussions:

BYOM
Bring your own mushrooms. That's a phrase now.

This proposed measure only decriminalizes psychedelic mushrooms, not legalizes them. So, unlike weed in Colorado, you couldn't openly sell the little fun guys in stores.

But the Front Range currently has trippy cannabis circles and walking tours of Denver's street art for stoned people.

Those kinds of adventures could work with mushrooms.

So if you wanted to host a concert or a yoga class or a gong bath or a shamanic ceremony or a bachelor party or a midget wrestling match or a golf tournament geared toward people who are tripping on mushrooms, you could print on your flyers: BYOM. (According to several people thinking through the legalities of the proposed law.) 

MUSHROOM SPORE BANKS
But if you're gonna BYOM, how would Y obtain M's to B?

Shrooms are illegal nationwide, but you can buy spores — the mushroom version of a seed — online and have them shipped to your house.*

In a decriminalized Denver, folks are talking about opening a store that sold mushroom spores.

It would be like living in a city where you couldn't buy flowers, but you could buy marigold seeds.

Psychedelic mushrooms have different strains with varying potencies and characteristics, just like weed does. There's cubensis and azurescens, in the same way that there's Blue Dream and Cannatonic.

At a spore bank, the workers could educate you on the different strains, help you pick the one that's right for you, and offer advice on how to take them.

Which leads to …

GROW WORKSHOPS
So buying spores is not a problem. But turning spores into fungus can be tricky.

But grow workshops could be a thing. These classes could coach you through the process of putting your spores into a material where they could grow, and teach you about light and dark cycles and sterilization and so on — just like there are classes on how to grow weed.

There are already classes on growing regular mushrooms. Psychedelic ones work the same.

GUIDED TRIPS OR RETREATS
In the Netherlands and Jamaica, where psychedelic fungus is tolerated, a couple of groups host mushroom retreats. You pay to be guided through a psychedelic session, either one-or-one or in a group.

"When the mushrooms become decriminalized in denver, there will be a boom, just like there was when marijuana became more available," says a guy who goes by the name of Chi Amsterdam, an American who moved to the Netherlands and now runs three to four day psychedelic retreats "out in nature," using the psychedelic truffles that are legal in Holland — starting at $1,360 a person. "Nobody can stop the mushrooms from growing," says Chi. 

Could retreats happen in Denver?

"That is my hope," said Hope Mellinger, campaign secretary for Decriminalize Denver. "I think there's going to be some level of interpretation by the city," she said.

None of these endeavors would be explicitly legal. Unlike weed, there won't be licences for any of this; no taxes or permits. But the local cops would have been instructed by voters to look the other way whenever they see someone growing or using mushrooms.

"There's going to be a little bit of gray territory," said Kevin Matthews, head of the Decriminalize Denver campaign.

So, the path to a safe, non-criminal mushroom trip could — theoretically, someday — work like this:

1. Buy spores from a spore bank.

2. Attend a grow workshop.

3. Bring your own mushrooms to a retreat or a trip-sitted session. (Of, if you can maintain, the planetarium or the Fillmore or your cousin's piano recital.)

And that prospect has local mushroom-lovers stoked.

Of course, whether the initiative passes or fails, you can just ask the random person next to you at Red Rocks if you can eat some of her mushrooms.

photo - magic mushrooms on TV Denver

[Psilocybin mushrooms are now on the Denver local TV. Cover photo by David Reishi. From @DavidReishi on Instagram.]
* Spores are outlawed in three states: California, Georgia and Idaho. If you grow the spores into mushrooms in most states, then you could be considered to be breaking the law — although not in New Mexico, where a court ruled that a person growing their own shrooms wasn't illegal.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: What if Denver frees the magic mushrooms? Here are some opportunities. [Re: sycodelix] * 1
    #25883183 - 03/19/19 08:12 AM (5 years, 11 days ago)

That would be amazing

I hope though, that it wouldnt ever lead to spores being cracked down on since this is just one city, when the conservative areas are like "weed, and now mushrooms? Whats next, legal crack?"
(An inevitable response by the anti-legalization people)

However, assuming everything works smoothly, i hope these "workshops" are hosted by some of the mycelial masters on this site

You'll be learning about Frank's tub teks or Bodhi's variations in an educational setting. Thats pretty awesome

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: What if Denver frees the magic mushrooms? Here are some opportunities. [Re: sycodelix] * 1
    #25883227 - 03/19/19 09:05 AM (5 years, 11 days ago)

My opinion is it will be much more controlled than people think. Read the bill, it lists all sorts of licensing and requirements for growing, consuming, dispensing etc. Definitely not the free-for-all its being made out to be.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: What if Denver frees the magic mushrooms? Here are some opportunities. [Re: sycodelix]
    #25883229 - 03/19/19 09:08 AM (5 years, 11 days ago)

Sounds too good to be true. If they at least make it legal to grow your own, that's a milestone and Fucking incredibly awesome since I live in Denver. I think I'll stay here for a while.:grin::mushroom2:

--------------------

InvisibleJooceman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Hogwarts
Re: What if Denver frees the magic mushrooms? Here are some opportunities. [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #25883422 - 03/19/19 11:24 AM (5 years, 11 days ago)

It cracks me up to see that people are saying these are the first states to legalize them/decriminalize them... I read an article and saw several other sources that says growing psilocybin mushrooms has been legal in New Mexico for MANY years. You just can't dry them or sell them.

https://www.inverse.com/article/7772-magic-mushrooms-are-legal-in-new-mexico-how-bout-that

I did some more research and it shows courts ruled that growing psychedelic mushrooms wasn't illegal in 2005.

It's cool more states are doing it and maybe they will eventually be legal but they're definitely not the first in the states.

--------------------
Back from my Hiatus :smile:

InvisibleDephect
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What if Denver frees the magic mushrooms? Here are some opportunities. [Re: Jooceman]
    #25883777 - 03/19/19 02:52 PM (5 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Jooceman said:
It cracks me up to see that people are saying these are the first states to legalize them/decriminalize them... I read an article and saw several other sources that says growing psilocybin mushrooms has been legal in New Mexico for MANY years. You just can't dry them or sell them.

https://www.inverse.com/article/7772-magic-mushrooms-are-legal-in-new-mexico-how-bout-that

I did some more research and it shows courts ruled that growing psychedelic mushrooms wasn't illegal in 2005.

It's cool more states are doing it and maybe they will eventually be legal but they're definitely not the first in the states.

I wouldn't really call that decriminalized. You basically can't leave your property with mushrooms or process them to save them for later without breaking the law, and according to that article, people are joining the Native American church to dodge any sort of jail time "if they get caught."

In Colorado you will be able to leave your home with them and dry them out. Ill be able to take my dried mushrooms up to Steamboat and eat a gram before I take a dip in Strawberry Hot Springs and it would be completely legal and as long as I have up to the legal limit, I don't have to worry about it.

Doesn't really seem like people have actually gone as far as Colorado is going to go. Lets not deny the fact that yeah, Colorado wasn't the first medical state for weed either, but we certainly made it recreational first and paved the way for other states to follow.

Offlinesycodelix
Honorable Golden Shellback
Male

Loc: Spokane, Washington
Re: What if Denver frees the magic mushrooms? Here are some opportunities. [Re: Fractal420]
    #25885177 - 03/20/19 06:56 AM (5 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Fractal420 said:

You'll be learning about Frank's tub teks or Bodhi's variations in an educational setting. Thats pretty awesome

Links to bodhi/frank's lessons?

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#25885364 - 03/20/19 09:19 AM (5 years, 10 days ago)

^ do a search for "How Frank Gets Shit Done" or just Bodhi's signature which is full of awesome links relating to pretty much every stage of mushroom growth

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24442417

^Frank's teks

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Edited by Fractal420 (03/20/19 10:11 AM)

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Re: What if Denver frees the magic mushrooms? Here are some opportunities. [Re: badchad]
    #25888507 - 03/21/19 04:19 PM (5 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

Dephect said:
I wouldn't really call that decriminalized. You basically can't leave your property with mushrooms or process them to save them for later without breaking the law, and according to that article, people are joining the Native American church to dodge any sort of jail time "if they get caught."

New Mexico courts ruled that cultivation of psilocybin mushrooms is not manufacture.  It is still possession, which is a felony there.  No church can protect you from psilocybin charges, the religious defense has only been successful with peyote and DMT.

Quote:

badchad said:
My opinion is it will be much more controlled than people think. Read the bill, it lists all sorts of licensing and requirements for growing, consuming, dispensing etc. Definitely not the free-for-all its being made out to be.

I read the bill and there aren't any licensing requirements.  Maybe you are thinking of a different bill.

Full text:  https://www.denvergov.org/content/dam/denvergov/Portals/778/documents/PsilocybinFourthPetitionSample.pdf

InvisibleDephect
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What if Denver frees the magic mushrooms? Here are some opportunities. [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #25888675 - 03/21/19 05:37 PM (5 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
Quote:

Dephect said:

New Mexico courts ruled that cultivation of psilocybin mushrooms is not manufacture.  It is still possession, which is a felony there.  No church can protect you from psilocybin charges, the religious defense has only been successful with peyote and DMT.

Yeah so technically not decriminalized. You face jail time for possession.

Quote:

badchad said:

Clearly you were not here when people were wasting lbs of weed in METRC and selling them right out their back door, or when people would come into a shop and buy 16 ozs a day because the MED (Marijuana Enforcement Division) stated that you could buy up to one oz per transaction. People abused that loop hole and would go to their car and come in and buy more, until a local dispensary called Sweet Leaf had an example made out of them and had all of their stores raided by DPD.

Colorado will be a hub for mushroom growers, we will probably have people come here to transport to other states. Whichever department Colorado creates to oversee the actual compliance guidelines and rules surrounding our future active mushroom industry will revise their laws to head on any of these kinds of things eventually.

There have already been tons of revisions to the original MED compliance book its crazy. Things change at least twice every year here and it can be about something as little as packaging or how much you can buy at a time.

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: What if Denver frees the magic mushrooms? Here are some opportunities. [Re: Alan Rockefeller] * 1
    #25889578 - 03/22/19 06:43 AM (5 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:

I read the bill and there aren't any licensing requirements.  Maybe you are thinking of a different bill.

Full text:  https://www.denvergov.org/content/dam/denvergov/Portals/778/documents/PsilocybinFourthPetitionSample.pdf

You're correct, I was thinking of the Oregon, statewide initiative. My bad. It'll be interesting to see how the state vs. federal oversight plays out.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Edited by badchad (03/22/19 06:45 AM)

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: What if Denver frees the magic mushrooms? Here are some opportunities. [Re: badchad] * 1
    #25889656 - 03/22/19 08:02 AM (5 years, 8 days ago)

I dont understand what qualifies Peyote for religious use and not Psilocybes? Its not like either has more or less use by ancient civilizations. And just monks from Angkor Watt. Clearly psilocybin mushrooms have been used religiously.

Hell, the Temple of Inner Light is allowed to use the fully synthetic Dipropyltryptamine (DPT) as their eucharist. Thats something youd get from a tryptamine RC site. Theres nothing ancient or cultural about it, its just a synthetic tryptamine. I think at the end of the day, "hallucinogenic mushrooms" just scare people.

Even in hamilton's pharma, a freakin russian amphetamine cook was talking about how mushrooms lead to witchcraft and that the more you eat, the uglier you get. Seemed like he was referring to both psilocybes and amanitas

Its really just fear of mushrooms, lsd also. SOMEHOW mescaline isnt as scary to people? But its actually toxic at higher doses unlike the tryptamines. Is also just as much of a powerful hallucinogen (not by weight)

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

InvisibleJooceman

Re: What if Denver frees the magic mushrooms? Here are some opportunities. [Re: Dephect]
    #25889924 - 03/22/19 10:32 AM (5 years, 8 days ago)

Transporting is moving large quantities... That's called trafficking, which is also intent to distribute.

And when they join the NAC they are taking "other" plant medicines... not just mushrooms. Totally off topic here but I can't get behind the NAC and I wouldn't join them either... anyone hunting a plant to extinction just to get high and not contributing to its growth is just plain wrong. Especially when they have recognized alternatives that do the same thing.

And I highly doubt you can just go out into public wherever you want and eat mushrooms.... its the same thing as alcohol or cannabis... You can still get a charge for public intoxication. There's a lot of grey areas there.

--------------------

Edited by Jooceman (03/22/19 10:32 AM)

InvisibleJooceman

Re: What if Denver frees the magic mushrooms? Here are some opportunities. [Re: Fractal420]
    #25889938 - 03/22/19 10:36 AM (5 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Fractal420 said:
I dont understand what qualifies Peyote for religious use and not Psilocybes? Its not like either has more or less use by ancient civilizations. And just monks from Angkor Watt. Clearly psilocybin mushrooms have been used religiously.
(not by weight)

I personally think it's because the DEA wants them to hunt it to extinction... It's already endangered and the people harvesting it in America that have licenses issued by the DEA don't harvest responsibly. So the cacti can't replenish their populations. The NAC is also now receiving tiny buttons that aren't even a 1/10 of the size of a full grown adult and the price for them goes up every year. There's an article about it somewhere on here.

--------------------

InvisibleDephect
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What if Denver frees the magic mushrooms? Here are some opportunities. [Re: Jooceman]
    #25890324 - 03/22/19 02:13 PM (5 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Jooceman said:
Transporting is moving large quantities... That's called trafficking, which is also intent to distribute.

And when they join the NAC they are taking "other" plant medicines... not just mushrooms. Totally off topic here but I can't get behind the NAC and I wouldn't join them either... anyone hunting a plant to extinction just to get high and not contributing to its growth is just plain wrong. Especially when they have recognized alternatives that do the same thing.

And I highly doubt you can just go out into public wherever you want and eat mushrooms.... its the same thing as alcohol or cannabis... You can still get a charge for public intoxication. There's a lot of grey areas there.

Possession is still a felony. So no matter what quantity you have, its still a felony. Last time I checked felonies are bad.

Would never harvest peyote from the wild since its endangered.

Mushrooms are not legal in Colorado currently. Yet I can eat some and go strolling down to the park and hang out all day? You technically can't publicly consume cannabis either, but do you think that deters people? Do you really think a cop in Colorado is bored enough to come up and bust you for smoking a J? NOPE. If you put it out when they see you, they just walk by. Colorado LEOs don't give a fuck about it. I don't know how much you can really say about Colorado without living here(unless you do really live here, but then again you would probably understand) and knowing what Colorado is like. I've been here my whole life man.

Colorado is a mushroom loving state if anything.
Telluride Mushroom Festival.
https://www.tellurideinstitute.org/telluride-mushroom-festival/

Magic Mushroom House in Aspen
https://laughingsquid.com/magic-mushroom-house-built-under-the-influence-of-hallucinogenic-drugs/

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Re: What if Denver frees the magic mushrooms? Here are some opportunities. [Re: Dephect]
    #25890334 - 03/22/19 02:18 PM (5 years, 8 days ago)

I went to telluride mush fest back in 95.

--------------------

InvisibleDephect
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What if Denver frees the magic mushrooms? Here are some opportunities. [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #25890556 - 03/22/19 04:01 PM (5 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

tyrannicalrex said:
I went to telluride mush fest back in 95.

I have never been, a buddy of mine tried to get me to go. Telluride is a lovely town.

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

#25890569 - 03/22/19 04:05 PM (5 years, 8 days ago)

It's pretty expensive and known now, but i would still go.

--------------------

InvisibleDephect
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #25890639 - 03/22/19 04:58 PM (5 years, 7 days ago)

Yeah I went up there to help set up some fire art for the Fire & Ice festival. Luckily the hotel was comped and we got fed a couple times. I loved getting stoned in the gondolas while we were on our mission to the next event.

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

#25891512 - 03/23/19 05:09 AM (5 years, 7 days ago)

I saw a documentary of telluride and this dazed hippie guy is literally walking around with a Garbage bag and someone is like "what is that?" And hes like "thats magic mushroom mycelium, man", and then whips out a jar of shrooms and just right there gives fhe stranger some fruit to try out.

And jeez hes carrying pounds and pounds of what looks like colonized mycelium down the street. If this was my area, oh jeez youd be in such danger. So just based off that alone, seems like colorado has a much higher acceptance of psilocybin mushrooms than my area

--------------------
Grinning wide

Prying open MY third eye

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate