Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineent
L'estasi dell'oro
 User Gallery

Re: ** NSW 2019 Actives only & Discussion Thread ** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: Heyowana]
    #25881070 - 03/17/19 10:20 PM (5 years, 14 days ago)

:thisisheavyman::sogood::emotionalmoment::grannycheer:

Edit: wow, did a double take when I realised this is one photo. Unbelievable!

Quote:

bobwastaken said:

Edited by ent (03/17/19 10:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineel_toro

Re: ** NSW 2019 Actives only & Discussion Thread ** ☆ADD LINK TO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: bobwastaken]
    #25881363 - 03/18/19 04:49 AM (5 years, 13 days ago)

More amazing stuff. Makes me want to get out at the earliest opportunity. In which months does P. Papuana typically fruit? Does it vary much from when subs fruit?

OfflineHeyowana
Hex10 line2
 User Gallery

Re: ** NSW 2019 Actives only & Discussion Thread ** ☆ADD LINK TO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: el_toro]
    #25881436 - 03/18/19 07:05 AM (5 years, 13 days ago)

DNA  sequencing of P.undescribed and P.papuana showed that they werent similar.

From a mushroom eaters perspective as well. So I dont know if you want to test this out Bob. P.undescribed has a mushroomy taste. Fairly mild. Easy to eat. P.papuana has a metallic tangy taste that is quite bitter on the aftertaste.

So if you do a taste test on those yellow specimens it might help you know if they are different to the P.papuana you are finding.

Alan Rockefeller had this to say about the two samples I sent him of P.papuana and P.undescribed.
'The two are very different. One is really close to P.keralensis from China and India,and the other is closest to Psilocybe caerulescens/mexicana, but still not that close.' Interesting when I googled P.keralensis. Problem is I don't know which DNA sequence goes with what.
Unfortunately I'm not sure which is which!

I cant get over the resemblance of bobwastaken's bunches of P.papuana to P.caerulescens.

Maybe our P.papuana is like a caerulescens mushroom of hardwood forests, log piles and logging activities. They certainly grow well down south. Wish I could find them in that quantity.

Edited by Heyowana (03/18/19 07:20 AM)

OfflineAzzA
Blue Meanie Smokin Weedy
 User Gallery

Loc: Space
Re: ** NSW 2019 Actives only & Discussion Thread ** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: Heyowana]
    #25882241 - 03/18/19 04:01 PM (5 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

ent said:
:thisisheavyman::sogood::emotionalmoment::grannycheer:

Edit: wow, did a double take when I realised this is one photo. Unbelievable!

Quote:

bobwastaken said:

:somefunnyshit: @bob; Can imagine your excitement.
"Like finding gold"
Great photography man.
@ Heyowanna;  Gonna do a few kms this  week on foot  checking out different trails and hope for the best for p.pap's and pass time till these cold fronts hit.

OfflineHeyowana
Hex10 line2
 User Gallery

Re: ** NSW 2019 Actives only & Discussion Thread ** ☆ADD LINK TO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: el_toro]
    #25882268 - 03/18/19 04:17 PM (5 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

el_toro said:
More amazing stuff. Makes me want to get out at the earliest opportunity. In which months does P. Papuana typically fruit? Does it vary much from when subs fruit?

I have found them from Dec-July. Rainfall is more important than time of year.

Summer papuana will be more under cover. So more difficult to find.

Sub hunters have found them in April at the Blue mountains and Woollongong. Cheeky pup's finds also in April were closer to Sydney I think. I have noticed at 30 degrees S P.papuana is easier to find in April because they arent hiding in the shadows as much.

Where bobwastaken is finding them they are in the open now in March. Sunlight down there is a lot less intense than here.

Hope you bump into some papuana Azza. We need more people looking for these beauties. It would be a blast to see papuana pics from all over nsw and vic each year on the shroomery.
Interesting colour contrast from subaeruginosa as well.

Edited by Heyowana (03/18/19 05:57 PM)

Offlineel_toro

Re: ** NSW 2019 Actives only & Discussion Thread ** ☆ADD LINK TO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: Heyowana]
    #25883019 - 03/19/19 02:55 AM (5 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Heyowana said:
Quote:

el_toro said:

I have found them from Dec-July. Rainfall is more important than time of year.

Summer papuana will be more under cover. So more difficult to find.

Sub hunters have found them in April at the Blue mountains and Woollongong. Cheeky pup's finds also in April were closer to Sydney I think. I have noticed at 30 degrees S P.papuana is easier to find in April because they arent hiding in the shadows as much.

Where bobwastaken is finding them they are in the open now in March. Sunlight down there is a lot less intense than here.

Hope you bump into some papuana Azza. We need more people looking for these beauties. It would be a blast to see papuana pics from all over nsw and vic each year on the shroomery.
Interesting colour contrast from subaeruginosa as well.

Thanks a lot Heyowana. Given all the rain recently seems like a trip up to the Blue Mountains is warranted.

OfflineHeyowana
Hex10 line2
 User Gallery

Re: ** NSW 2019 Actives only & Discussion Thread ** ☆ADD LINK TO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: el_toro] * 1
    #25883035 - 03/19/19 03:31 AM (5 years, 12 days ago)

Look on the south side of hills with a bit of cover out the Blue mountains and Oberon.

Temps would be low enough now to get subaeruginosa out Oberon way.

Before they logged my favourite spot at Hampton I could find subaeruginosa in late Feb.
Just need those cold microclimates. With a bit of cover this time of the year.Around blackberries and bracken fern.

OfflineSedna
Stranger

#25883211 - 03/19/19 08:50 AM (5 years, 12 days ago)

G'day fellas please help me out, I'm just starting, read some previous years threads and tried some ID'ng. With all this rain we've had I'm excited to try my hand in the field but is it too late in the season for summer varieties (Cubes and Cyans)? Should I focus on Subs or is it too early for them? With the rough dates and temperature ranges I have as well as the poor recent thread activity I feel like we might be in a bit of an awkward transition waiting for the winter crops. Can I get any experienced opinion? I was thinking of riding up to around Oberon Forest, Blue Mountains but would like some advice.

OfflineHeyowana
Hex10 line2
 User Gallery

Re: ** NSW 2019 Actives only & Discussion Thread ** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: Sedna]
    #25883874 - 03/19/19 03:39 PM (5 years, 12 days ago)

P.cubensis on the coast. In cow paddocks along creeks  are a possibility until easter. Further north you go the longer the season for cubensis.

Panaeolus cyanescens I think you'd be lucky now as its getting too cold.

Psilocybe subaeruginosa at the locations you mentioned. Yes.

This time of the year even in the mountains west of Sydney you'll need to look in the coldest areas. When you find a location on the south side of a hill walk down it feeling for cold pockets of air. It will feel a bit colder and damper in these places.

Look for mycelium growing on sticks, under bark, on logs etc. It will be whitish stringlike in appearance. If you cant see any obvious signs of mycelium check shadier wetter places. You'll need to look around bracken fern or some kind of ground cover.

April the temps go way down out there and you'll find subaeruginosa fruiting out in the open if its wet enough. So I agree that its a transitional time now.

I'd look for subaeruginosa though. You don't have to worry about farmers. There is more room out the mountains to walk around. If you don't succeed its still experience towards the goal of being a sub hunter.

OfflineSedna
Stranger

#25884131 - 03/19/19 05:53 PM (5 years, 12 days ago)

Thanks Heyo that really helped. I think I'll wait till the last of these storms finish before riding up to Ingar campground, investigating the Queen Victoria, Ingar and Bedford Creeks as I cross them as I'm not to keen to risk cowpatting for P.Cubes. Otherwise I'll wait for some more rain and lower temps come autumn as you said. Thanks again.

Offlinepsychneo
newbie.enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Re: ** NSW 2019 Actives only & Discussion Thread ** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: Sedna]
    #25884980 - 03/20/19 02:53 AM (5 years, 11 days ago)

Just went for a spin to kiama, to some cow paddocks/dairy farms. Didn't have too much luck on finding any cyans but was some good exercise. Just interested if not finding any was due to the drop of showers from the past day or two? Or are they just out of season?

Edited by psychneo (03/20/19 02:54 AM)

OfflineHeyowana
Hex10 line2
 User Gallery

Re: ** NSW 2019 Actives only & Discussion Thread ** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: psychneo]
    #25884997 - 03/20/19 03:34 AM (5 years, 11 days ago)

They are more a summer mushroom from say Taree southwards. People do find them out of season but its more the exception than the rule. Best off looking for other species now.

Unless you want to take a drive up to northern nsw. I've found them growing near the Mann river in August. Along with P.cubensis.

Panaeolus cyanescens is quite easy to cultivate indoors. Even for a self confessed failure like me at mushroom cultivation. So next summer get some prints. Then if you want to you can cultivate them out of season with a bit of heat and some artificial light.

Even collecting cow dung that they are growing on you can extend their growing season indoors.

Offlineel_toro

#25885081 - 03/20/19 05:08 AM (5 years, 11 days ago)

Really appreciate your info and suggestions Heyowana. Thanks a lot.

InvisiblePsychoReactive
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cocalero
Re: ** NSW 2019 Actives only & Discussion Thread ** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: psychneo]
    #25885267 - 03/20/19 08:22 AM (5 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

psychneo said:
Just went for a spin to kiama, to some cow paddocks/dairy farms. Didn't have too much luck on finding any cyans but was some good exercise. Just interested if not finding any was due to the drop of showers from the past day or two? Or are they just out of season?

That be a great place to trip if anything. :nicesmile:

OfflineXanayew
Innosentient
Male
Re: ** NSW 2019 Actives only & Discussion Thread ** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: PsychoReactive]
    #25890784 - 03/22/19 06:03 PM (5 years, 9 days ago)

I want to go foraging near sydney, willing to travel far and wide, however, I have no car to use for transport and would most likely be using train/buses to get around, does anyone know of any areas where I am able to explore that are close to a train station?

--------------------
[gradient:#FCB21E,#][/gradient]

OfflineHeyowana
Hex10 line2
 User Gallery

Re: ** NSW 2019 Actives only & Discussion Thread ** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: Xanayew]
    #25891561 - 03/23/19 07:04 AM (5 years, 8 days ago)

I havent lived in Sydney for years. Back in the day public transport served me well after I crashed my car from being too out of it. Beecroft and Cheltenham would be pretty stuffed now from the highway. There'd still be sneaky spots not far from Epping station. Same with Pennant hills. Hornsby you can access a lot of bush on the west side.

Bet there would be plenty of places. It was fun tripping on the bus on subaeruginosa. Going around bends and downhill could feel like a rollercoaster ride.

I always had trouble driving on them anyway. Bodyload could make it difficult to even press down on the accelerator.

Any train station near bush and you have a chance in Sydney. So get on a train and take a trip.

OfflineHeyowana
Hex10 line2
 User Gallery

#25891577 - 03/23/19 07:26 AM (5 years, 8 days ago)

Since I'm all talk and no pics. Here's some more. Found a cluster of papuana today. About 2 inches by four inches. It was so densely packed there must have been 30 in there. Only small. A few in the middle were bigger with caps 1.5-2cm across. Saved them for printing.

In the same area a lot of P.undescribed are popping up in a ditch and runoff zone.

I imagine its quite boring reading a verbal description when as they say a pic is worth a thousand words. Sorry.

InvisibleinskiM
Cortinariologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #25892231 - 03/23/19 02:20 PM (5 years, 8 days ago)

Good to see you Heyowana:smile:
It certainly does like to grow in dense clusters.
A recent MO observation.
https://mushroomobserver.org/361729?q=jddk

--------------------

OfflineHeyowana
Hex10 line2
 User Gallery

Re: ** NSW 2019 Actives only & Discussion Thread ** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: inski]
    #25892461 - 03/23/19 04:40 PM (5 years, 8 days ago)

Good to see you too. Bobwastaken's papuana pics had more individual specimens in the clusters than I have ever seen.
In the shadier spots down in the valleys here the individual size of the specimens is larger. Where I found them yesterday on top of a hill. Near a log dump. There they rarely exceed 2.5cm across the cap.

They tend to come in more colours there. Down in the valley I've only found papuana with black caps mostly. Some with olive green on the edge of the cap. More noticeable on juvenile specimens. Plus some dark brown ones.

I particularly liked all the different shades of green on the papuana caps I'd find up on the hill.

OfflineDreamworks
Shroom
 User Gallery

Re: ** NSW 2019 Actives only & Discussion Thread ** ☆NO ID REQUESTS☆ [Re: Heyowana] * 1
    #25892577 - 03/23/19 05:35 PM (5 years, 8 days ago)

Found this little sweetheart in the blue mountains yesterday, starting to warm up again so I wont make another trip until it cools down. Was amazing having a trek through, watch out for them red bellys though.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck