Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineplanit
natural
Loc: hilly glacier washout
Keeping it real while experiencing the affects of mushrooms
    #2587359 - 04/21/04 03:09 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I was wondering what you people do to try and keep it real , i personally have a mother who is a bit of a trip in my opinion, and i really wanna keep it real on my first moderate dose, i would like to keep in touch with reality, so i dont seem "wierd" from the experience and I am out to really learn somthing , i told my friend (who trips for fun)  "i dont know why u bother if u dont learn anything, if i ever dont learn somthing from a shroooming il stop for a long while" anyway what do u do to "keep it real?" while tripping in all other aspects. im in search of  :3rd_eye: not  :nut:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinechubbycharley
the chubbiest ofthe charleys
Male
Loc: everywhere
Re: Keeping it real while experiencing the affects of mushro [Re: planit]
    #2587387 - 04/21/04 03:19 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

deep, controlled breathing works great. also, try to think about acting normal and you will. if you believe it, it will happen. remember that :smile:

Offlineplanit
natural
Re: Keeping it real while experiencing the affects of mushro [Re: chubbycharley]
    #2587451 - 04/21/04 03:34 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

i have a good idea of how to act but noone know s what im thinking but me,last time i had a bit of shrooms i lost motivation i just wanted to kinda sit and think and look at the trees and clouds or whatever, but i really wanna do things with my life and i dont want to lose sight of those things I WANT TO KEEP IT REAL!

Edited by planit (04/21/04 03:52 PM)

Offlinethesnow
journeyman
 User Gallery
Re: Keeping it real while experiencing the affects of mushrooms [Re: planit]
    #2587528 - 04/21/04 04:03 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

tried controlled breathing...didn't seem to help. ;/

OfflineHahzist
Surfing theWaves of Chaos

Re: Keeping it real while experiencing the affects of mushrooms [Re: thesnow]
    #2587803 - 04/21/04 05:45 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

:3rd_eye: and  :nut: come together when tripping I think. While you are "learning" so to speak I tend to philosophize while tripping, you will notice it might be really silly at times too. Dont try to "keep it real" or fight the shroom's effects. Its about a 5 hour trip, so while things will get ridiculous and funny, there will be times of thought and truth. A good idea I'd say is dedicate a portion of the trip to listening to trippy music and just lie down, thats usually when the spiritualness of the shrooms comes into play  :mushroom2:

Offlineplanit
natural
Re: Keeping it real while experiencing the affects of mushrooms [Re: Hahzist]
    #2590759 - 04/22/04 11:16 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

hahzist - music is a must in my opinion, its a big part of my life.

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: Keeping it real while experiencing the affects of mushrooms [Re: Hahzist]
    #2591143 - 04/22/04 01:13 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Hahzist said:
:3rd_eye: and  :nut: come together when tripping I think. While you are "learning" so to speak I tend to philosophize while tripping, you will notice it might be really silly at times too. Dont try to "keep it real" or fight the shroom's effects. Its about a 5 hour trip, so while things will get ridiculous and funny, there will be times of thought and truth. A good idea I'd say is dedicate a portion of the trip to listening to trippy music and just lie down, thats usually when the spiritualness of the shrooms comes into play  :mushroom2:

:thumbup:

Don't be afraid to let silliness enter your trip, you're not getting off course.  But devote some time to yourself and your thoughts.  At some points during the trip, they will be hard to follow, but others you will have revelations and brilliant ideas.  Mushrooms are goofy and eye-opening.  Use it to giggle, use it to expand your mind  :grin:

Problems you ponder or sudden spurts of grand concepts will come naturally.  If there's something specific you want to think about (the nature of time, your place in the universe, the vastness of space, spirituality), then just start thinking about it and give yourself some space and some trippy music .

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Offlinehaunted
 User Gallery

#2592222 - 04/22/04 07:10 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Sometimes before I trip, especially if taking a larger dose, I will write a letter to myself before I drop, or while waitng to come up. I then put it in my pocket and will forget about it for a couple of hours and then when I put my hand in my pocket I will find it, pull it out, and read it. Ask yourself questions and dont be afraid to write answers, but keep it upbeat.

Music helps me too. I find that my musical appreciation goes up a lot when I am tripping, especially when I am by myself. I find that when I listen to some classical music it brings on wave after wave of euphoria. A personal favourite is Dvorjak's Serenade for Strings. Cheesy I know, but I can't help it  :rolleyes:

Offlinechubbycharley
the chubbiest ofthe charleys
Male
Loc: everywhere
Re: Keeping it real while experiencing the affects of mushro [Re: haunted]
    #2592926 - 04/22/04 10:17 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

as far as just going with the flow, sitting in a circle with 2-3 other people who are shrooming and just laughing at each other is great, there doesn't even have to be any music if you are watching and listening to the other people :smile:

humans are strange animals and are fun to watch.

--------------------
if i'm just a stoned stoner, sayin some stoned ass shit, please correct me :smile:

Offlineplanit
natural
Re: Keeping it real while experiencing the affects of mushro [Re: chubbycharley]
    #2595380 - 04/23/04 03:14 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

im more of a solo shroomer and now that i thionk about it im a bit  :nut: anyway but its all good

OfflineShroomFan
nn dmt

#2595391 - 04/23/04 03:17 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Im KEEPIN IT REAL BITCH...WU_TANg....WU___TANG.., -CHAPPELES SHOW

sorry your post just made me think of that skit

--------------------
Fellow Shroomerites, if you Love expressing yourself with a dope tee shirt feast your 3rd eye on www.facebook.com/vicereversa
∞ Conscious Clothing for Conscious Minds ∞ Wear a tee , open a mind
Each shirt is spawned to Arouse Awareness <> We believe in Sustainability & Giving back <> Do you know of a community project or persons in need you feel deserves attention? - Tell us on our page And we just might pick the story > develop a tee > and donate the proceeds to that cause. ∞♥∞ Unget it, VICE REVERSA

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Keeping it real while experiencing the affects of mushro [Re: ShroomFan]
    #2595794 - 04/23/04 05:38 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

just remeber to listen to your body and you shouldn't have trouble keeping it real.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#2604565 - 04/26/04 12:24 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

What the hell does "keeping it real" mean anyway??

Considering that what we consider "real" is merely what we are perceiving while under the influence of the neurotransmitter seratonin, I would say it's not really possible to keep it real on mushrooms since you aren't experiencing the seratonin induced world anymore. Or at least, the amount of "realness" you experience on a trip is inversely proportional to the amount of psilocybin you consumed. Until of course, you eat the right amount and the ultimate "reality" becomes apparent...

InvisibleTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

Loc: In a Van Down By the Rive...
Re: Keeping it real while experiencing the affects of mushrooms [Re: Viveka]
    #2604951 - 04/26/04 02:06 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

you shoulda just stuck to asking the question, because keeping it real in this situation means "how to not act stupid while tripping"... its hard to understand people sometimes when they use THEIR slang...

Offlineplanit
natural
Re: Keeping it real while experiencing the affects of mushrooms [Re: Tremor1127]
    #2625730 - 05/01/04 11:29 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i mean learning somthing appliable in reality , not just laugfing at somthing , sitting wharever with a simple ignorant mind,

OfflineEnzan
Fighter

#2625994 - 05/01/04 12:52 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Trying to force yourself to do or experience something on a trip is gonna be a bad idea. There is no real or better way of tripping, like Hahzist said the eye-opening and the eye-spinning come together. Just because you're laughing at a suddenly funny poster or whatever, doesn't make it any less real. When the psilocybin lowers the serotonin levels in your brain (amongst other things), your experiences of the world around you aren't being dampened or controlled as much by the serotonin. We evolved into having this serotonin for some reason that made us live longer, or have more sex, but not because it lets us experience what is real.
Tripping and normality are no more or less 'real' than each other.

That turned out a bit deeper than i intended... :smile:

Peace

--------------------
There must seem some kind of way out of here.
Said the Joker to the Thief.
There's too much confusion.
I can't get no relief...

OfflineLux
    #2626915 - 05/01/04 05:04 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Accept things as they come, the only advice I could give if you are truly trying to learn is action that needs to be taken long before consuming mushrooms. The only thing that stands in your way of learning is ego. If you truly spend every moment aware of this fact and attempt to overcome it you will have no problems.

OfflineConaman12
Male

#11113122 - 09/23/09 02:53 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Well see crazy people don't think they are crazy.... I think.

Quote:

planit said:
im more of a solo shroomer and now that i thionk about it im a bit  :nut: anyway but its all good

Invisibleblazenn
rawdog the whale.
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Keeping it real while experiencing the affects of mushro [Re: Conaman12]
    #11113218 - 09/23/09 03:10 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

5 years 4 month old thread man
check the date next time haha

OfflineConaman12
Male

Re: Keeping it real while experiencing the affects of mushro [Re: blazenn]
    #11113228 - 09/23/09 03:12 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

hhaha wow my bad i'm high as fuck. don't even know how i found it.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract