Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
Was your high school as bad as in the movies? How was your high school experience?
    #25877643 - 03/16/19 10:28 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

You know these movies where a teacher walks into a classroom of gang members and street kids that barely know how to read.  Was your school as bad as that?

How was your high school experience?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Was your high school as bad as in the movies? How was your high school experience? [Re: Patlal] * 1
    #25877795 - 03/16/19 11:46 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

My school had about 10% of that "ghetto" feel to it. Most of the school was middle and upper class (excuse the pun), but there were lower class and some thugs as well.

I had a pretty awesome high school experience, at least after Sophmore year. Pretty minimal drama. The occassional fight by "Bubba" and some other braddahs who think they were all dat. Thats about it.

InvisibleI_was_the_walrus
eggshells
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: next door
Re: Was your high school as bad as in the movies? How was your high school experience? [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 2
    #25877825 - 03/16/19 12:04 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

I grew up in northern utah. I was surrounded by over-achieving spoiled mormon kids. There was a pretty clear line between groups. You were either a really good kid, or a really bad kid. You can probably guess where I sided. I got expelled from middle school for smoking weed in the bathroom

Its not as polar as it used to be. Spoiled mormon kids pretty much run the opioid market up here now. Its a huge issue

Invisiblelife is good
Sun and sky and trees
Female User Gallery

Re: Was your high school as bad as in the movies? How was your high school experience? [Re: I_was_the_walrus]
    #25877842 - 03/16/19 12:18 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

No of course not... nothing like that.

At times there were unpleasant moments, but that's part of growing up.

--------------------

I didn't draw this.

"Hope your day is as wonderful, loving, and kind as you are."
:heart:

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Loc: Glenn Gould's Fuck Windmill Flag
Re: Was your high school as bad as in the movies? How was your high school experience? [Re: life is good] * 1
    #25877862 - 03/16/19 12:31 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

My high school was like 25% preppy kids 30% rednecks(of which 5-10% were neo-confederates) 5% neo-nazis(partial overlap with neo-confederates/rednecks) 20% mormans 10% depressed emo kids who hated ERRYTING, 5% wiggers and 5% stoners/metal heads (ME HERE)

It was convenient because it was a couple of blocks from the Juvenile detention center, 3 blocks from the police station, and 4 blocks from the jail :lol:

feckin' sexy as fek, north Idaho is DANK

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

OnlineCalm_A_Llama_Down
Deep down in the ocean blue
 User Gallery

Re: Was your high school as bad as in the movies? How was your high school experience? [Re: Patlal] * 7
    #25877883 - 03/16/19 12:46 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

In highschool I was the popular girl. One day I got Saturday detention in the library with the nerdy boy, the pot smoking bad kid, the jock, and the weird girl. We all shared the emotional details of our lives. The principal was mean, so we snuck out of the library and ran around the school without him knowing. Then Judd Nelson jumped in the air to a perfect fist pump freeze frame. It was crazy, you should have been there.

--------------------
She/Her🏳️‍⚧️

"You will laugh at your fears when you find out who you really are."
--Piccolo

:blazed::spinleaf::bongload:

Edited by Calm_A_Llama_Down (03/16/19 12:50 PM)

OfflineTripsurfer
Bring Back Asante!
Male

Loc: West of Windward Flag
Re: Was your high school as bad as in the movies? How was your high school experience? [Re: Calm_A_Llama_Down] * 1
    #25877894 - 03/16/19 12:54 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Werent you a boy in highschool?

My time was awesome. My best friend was very popular and I lifted along. We just smoked weed and got drunk all the time, also trying (and failing) to get laid. There were some classes as well.

Both of us got kicked out before senior year though :facepalm:

--------------------
Ach en wee ben ik de klos, met mijn boog schoot ik een albatros...

A philosopher is a person who knows less and less about more and more, until he knows nothing about everything.

InvisibleFruitOfLife
Professional Package Handler

Re: Was your high school as bad as in the movies? How was your high school experience? [Re: Calm_A_Llama_Down] * 2
    #25877988 - 03/16/19 01:39 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Calm_A_Llama_Down said:
In highschool I was the popular girl. One day I got Saturday detention in the library with the nerdy boy, the pot smoking bad kid, the jock, and the weird girl. We all shared the emotional details of our lives. The principal was mean, so we snuck out of the library and ran around the school without him knowing. Then Judd Nelson jumped in the air to a perfect fist pump freeze frame. It was crazy, you should have been there.

Your life should be a freaking movie!

--------------------

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: CA Flag
Re: Was your high school as bad as in the movies? How was your high school experience? [Re: FruitOfLife] * 2
    #25878010 - 03/16/19 01:53 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

I went to high school in a small town. My graduating class had about 100 people. It was kind of cool because we all knew each other, but that had some downsides too, because if you fucked up then everybody heard about it.

We had party spots out in the national forest and we would drive around town and hit up the beach to find out which spot the party was going to be at. We switched so the cops couldn't find us right away. We had like +50 kids out in the woods around bonfires all the time. It was kind of magical. 

We had an abandoned military base that we could roam around in and cause trouble and more drugs than any place I've ever been, besides that it was boring for me. I grew up in the Detroit area and wasn't happy to move to a small town and I didn't adjust and had a hard time fitting in because I was like 10 years ahead of these kids.

I was one of the poor ghetto kids, but I wasn't dumb. I just liked to cause trouble because I was a troubled kid. I did just enough work to graduate and get the fuck out of that place.

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
Re: Was your high school as bad as in the movies? How was your high school experience? [Re: Lophosaurus] * 2
    #25878077 - 03/16/19 02:26 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

My high school was a low key version of the show 90210. Darren Star, the creator of the show went to my high school and based the show off of his own high school experience.

School was almost entirely wealthy and middle class. About 70% White (30% Jewish/30% Anglo/10% hispanic ) 25% Asian, 5% black. 

I would say my high school is fairly well represented by the high schools portrayed in the mid eighties movies by John Hughes (Ferris Bueller, sixteen Candles, Breakfast Club)

Quote:

If you’re set on finding your definition of Potomac, MD on air, you’d be better off turning to the fictional  TV drama Beverly Hills 90210.  Confused?  The 1990’s series that follows a group of teens into adulthood is actually based on Potomac. The show’s original working title was Potomac 20854, but was later swapped out for the more widely-known zip code.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/lifestyle/tv/1990/12/23/beverly-hills-90210/81d66b95-1226-45b1-b8f4-647d9b958e4d/?utm_term=.a86883750ea1

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Edited by koods (03/16/19 02:59 PM)

InvisibleCrazy_Horse
I’m Rick James, bitch!
 User Gallery

Loc: Hampsterdam
Re: Was your high school as bad as in the movies? How was your high school experience? [Re: koods]
    #25878091 - 03/16/19 02:32 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

What color was your rolls?

--------------------

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Was your high school as bad as in the movies? How was your high school experience? [Re: Crazy_Horse] * 1
    #25878100 - 03/16/19 02:37 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

I had a Chevy citation.

The popular car everyone had to have in 1987 was a convertible Volkswagen cabriolet.

My friends dad had a cherry red porche 911 manual transmission that he didn’t know how to drive, So he would get me to sneak out of school and drive it with him while his dad was at work. It was like Ferris Bueller except we didn’t destroy the car and his dad never caught on.

For the most part people around here drive modest cars. It’s on the houses where they spend their money.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Edited by koods (03/16/19 02:43 PM)

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

Re: Was your high school as bad as in the movies? How was your high school experience? [Re: Patlal] * 1
    #25878109 - 03/16/19 02:44 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

we were only the second graduating class to go through that school in a very well off area. So not even close

--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Was your high school as bad as in the movies? How was your high school experience? [Re: Cannabischarlie] * 1
    #25878193 - 03/16/19 03:26 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

I had some hilarious high school moments with all the crazy kids.

One time our class was doing some group discussion in the library, and this raver chick starts talking about drugs. She starts telling everyone how cool her mom is and how her mom put "LSD right onto her eyeballs"... I just sat their quietly listening watching the teacher awkwardly overhear this discussion from a few feet away :lol:

Also had a hilarious science class with a pretty cool but funny/weird teacher. One day he came into class clearly butthurt, and proceeded to try explaining why guys get "friendzoned" scientifically. Apparently he had some long distance relationship that didn't work out. Another time in the same class after a big rave in town that some of the kids went too the teacher let one of them give a "glove lightshow" to the class, then another kid started chanting "Molly! Molly!" and the teacher stopped it and gave a lecture on stimulants :lol:

Yet another time in the same class a kid was trying to carve a big soda can into a bong right on his desk. Didn't take the teacher long to notice, he made the kid go throw it away while saying "I went to college man, I know what that is"... :lol:

And lastly in the same science class I witnessed one of the stupidest/funniest lies I've ever heard in my life. This really small kid was trying to impress a cute girl, so he started going off about how he "lived in LA and was a Blood", then "stole a car and went on the run" and had to "move north and hide out". I felt like I was going to have a stroke just trying not to laugh hysterically.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

Offlinesearching
Male User Gallery

Re: Was your high school as bad as in the movies? How was your high school experience? [Re: musiclover420] * 1
    #25878283 - 03/16/19 04:10 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

My school kind of did feel like high school in the movies. There were the different groups like the goths, the jocks, the band kids, the drama kids, etc. Except the jocks really weren't enemies with the goths or anything like that and people were generally pretty nice. There was only 1 black student there though which seems weird now looking back. I didn't really belong to any one of the groups but made friends with a lot of different types of people. I was the quiet kid though. At lunch time I didn't sit in the lunch room with everyone I would stand out in the hall with like 3 or 4 of my good friends. I'm not sure why that is I think I just didn't feel like I fit in anywhere, but again I really don't know why.

One memory I'll never forget which really did feel like a scene from a movie. In gym class I would sit on the side with 2 other friends and not participate a lot of the time. One time we were sitting on the ground watching people play basketball and this kid walked by and made a hand motion of like a noose around his neck and mouthed the words "kill yourself" to us for no reason. He wasn't a jock or a bully type of person either so I just don't know why he did that.

Also in ceramics class I literally just had no drive to make ceramics and just couldn't even think of any ideas for what to make. So I would sit there and not do anything. Eventually my teacher took me out into the hall and walked me down to the principals office and was kind of interrogating me like why aren't you doing anything? Are you doing drugs? I never did any drugs in high school except alcohol rarely. You working too much after school?  And I just didn't have a reason and to this day I don't know why I was like this back then.

--------------------

InvisibleRockyRaccoon
Male User Gallery

Loc: tromaville
    #25878320 - 03/16/19 04:28 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

My graduating class had like 70 kids in it... so everyone knew everyone. It was very tight knit and small town stuff. All of the good looking girls got pregnant senior year or right after school.

If I had a chance to go back, I wouldn't.

Art classes were my solace. Especially ceramics and creative writing.

It was a very limiting experience because of the tiny population of the school. Also we got killed by all of the other sports teams because their schools were way bigger than ours.

Edit: Also lots of rednecks.

Edited by RockyRaccoon (03/16/19 04:33 PM)

OfflineGene Hackman
Mastermind
 User Gallery

#25878379 - 03/16/19 04:58 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

All-male catholic school. The students were good people, the system was shit.
There was always two main social groups between classes, sports people and everyone else. But these groups weren't at odds with each other.
Most people were decent, and the herd always looked out for individuals if shit went too far. That being said, it was a tough environment and you had to learn to hold your own; for instance, we had a thing called birthday beatings, where people would beat the shit out of your arms and legs if it was your birthday. The malcolm in the middle circle game came out around at that time too. The worst thing was rusty hooking, that game gave people PTSD.

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Was your high school as bad as in the movies? How was your high school experience? [Re: Gene Hackman] * 1
    #25878396 - 03/16/19 05:06 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

There were a lot of private school kids around here with the local all male catholic school having the worst reputation - Georgetown prep. The infamous school of underage rapists like Brett kavanaugh.

OfflineGene Hackman
Mastermind
 User Gallery

Re: Was your high school as bad as in the movies? How was your high school experience? [Re: koods] * 1
    #25878429 - 03/16/19 05:24 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Jesuits are the ISIS of that genre of schools. I don't know how many times I was threatened with being shipped off to those places if I didn't get my act together. "The Jesuits will sort you out!" It was definitely implied that they beat kids and put them in solitary confinement

Onlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Re: Was your high school as bad as in the movies? How was your high school experience? [Re: Gene Hackman]
    #25878448 - 03/16/19 05:35 PM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Kavanaugh went to a catholic elementary school connected with Opus Dei. Right next to it is the school where the infamous spy Robert Hansen sent his kids. These catholic schools are connected to some bad eggs.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2001/02/25/us/us-charges-present-a-paradox-the-pious-spy.html

Quote:

The Hanssens were adherents of Opus Dei, an elite conservative Catholic order. Opus Dei urges its members to attend daily Mass, and Mr. Hanssen also regularly appeared for evening prayer-and-confession sessions known as recollections.

While the Hanssens lived in a suburb of Washington known for the quality of its public schools, they chose instead to send their six children -- three boys and three girls -- to expensive private schools affiliated with Opus Dei.

Former colleagues said they would be shocked if Mr. Hanssen turned out to have spent the money he is accused of having received from his handlers in Moscow -- at least $600,000 in cash, the F.B.I. says -- on alcohol or fancy automobiles or women. Instead, they suspect, he probably used much of the proceeds from his spying to pay tuition at his children's schools.

The Heights School of Potomac, Md., which his youngest son, a junior, attends, charges annual tuition and fees of nearly $11,000, which alone would make a large dent in Mr. Hanssen's F.B.I. salary of about $100,000 a year. His older sons also graduated from the school, which will not say if any of the boys received financial aid. Calls for comment to his daughters' school, Oakcrest, in McLean, Va., were not returned.

I went to summer camp at the Heights school when I was a little kid. I had no idea it was a hard right catholic school connected to Opus Dei until the whole Hansen thing blew up.

--------------------
NotSheekle said

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order