Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Injection Ports, Mycobags, Peat, Perlite, pH Test Strips, Propolis, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineBrain Bulb
Insane in the Membrane
 User Gallery

Re: Official Caerulescens cult thread♤ [Re: Brain Bulb]
    #25872191 - 03/13/19 07:11 PM (2 months, 10 days ago)

Update 03-13-19:

Day 24 - SB#1 is starting to develop hyphal knots!  The sub seemed overly wet so I took the lid off and put it in my GH which is currently set at 75% RH.  This has allowed the moisture in the sub to evaporate but the casing has stayed wet.

MB #1 is showing the most growth of the 3 experiments and I noticed my first primodia forming!  Sub was looking too wet in the bag as well so I left it open in my GH for a few days.  Once the sub was dry and it looked like dry patches of the casing were showing I took it out, watered the dry patches with a syringe and re-clamped the bag.

SB #2 is coming along nicely but was cased about 9 days after SB#1 so it has some catching up to do.  I will say that I am seeing surface growth appear faster with the MG Potting Mix casing so far.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleBumholio
Pretty fly for a white guy.
 User Gallery

Loc: Shroomsville
    #25873373 - 03/14/19 10:17 AM (2 months, 10 days ago)

Just got a wild print today and pretty excited since I wasnt expecting to receive it. Hopefully I'll have something to show you guys later in the year.

--------------------
Trade List

“Great things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.”

OfflineDabadoodledoo710S
Dab Connoisseur
Male

Loc: Zone 5b Flag
Re: Official Caerulescens cult thread♤ [Re: Bumholio]
    #25874643 - 03/14/19 10:09 PM (2 months, 9 days ago)

I've got a swab from the original poster lemur from about a year ago that I just found gonna put it to agar and see what I get tomorrow

--------------------

OfflineBrain Bulb
Insane in the Membrane
 User Gallery

#25874845 - 03/15/19 12:11 AM (2 months, 9 days ago)

Quote:

Bumholio said:
Just got a wild print today and pretty excited since I wasnt expecting to receive it. Hopefully I'll have something to show you guys later in the year.

Nice!  That’s how I got started.  They started growing in my yard a couple years ago.  Very resistant to contaminants.  Even with wild prints I’ve never had a contaminated plate with initial inoculation, only if something was wrong with my agar and everything got contaminated.

This grow log from @CaptainFuture has been the most helpful for me.  Made some minor changes but don’t have any results yet.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10893108/page/1

Good luck!

--------------------

InvisibleBumholio
 User Gallery

#25874889 - 03/15/19 12:44 AM (2 months, 9 days ago)

Nice one:thumbup:

I got some semperviva otg from CF too lol. I've had like 3 of 5 tubs contaminate so for though lol.

--------------------
Trade List

“Great things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.”

OfflineBrain Bulb
Insane in the Membrane
 User Gallery

#25875039 - 03/15/19 02:08 AM (2 months, 9 days ago)

Quote:

Bumholio said:
Nice one:thumbup:

I got some semperviva otg from CF too lol. I've had like 3 of 5 tubs contaminate so for though lol.

Are you using rye grass seed, rye berries or oats?  Any time I’ve used RGS I have problems with contamination.  Oats have worked best for me.

--------------------

InvisibleBumholio
 User Gallery

#25875093 - 03/15/19 04:13 AM (2 months, 9 days ago)

I'm out of oats, I can get a bag easy enough but it's a 15 minute drive and I dont have a car atm. I only have wbs. They're such a pain to get right :shrug: I find cold soaking for like 24 hrs works best for me (after picking all the shit out of it).

Only good thing about them is how small they are, oats are far easier to use though. Might have to make an effort to get some tomorrow.

--------------------
Trade List

Offlineplummerblue
Stranger
Re: Official Caerulescens cult thread♤ [Re: cronicr]
    #25880488 - 03/17/19 06:24 PM (2 months, 6 days ago)

Im new so how does this compare to cube or pan? Im wondering which type would be grown from a medium of 

Natural Organic Brown Rice Flour
Vermiculite
Mineral Water
Liquid worm castings
Bee Pollen

I would be looking for visuals,something potent. Thanks in advance.

OfflineAsuraS
Cyantist

Loc: Zone 9
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Caerulescens cult thread♤ [Re: plummerblue]
    #25880527 - 03/17/19 06:44 PM (2 months, 6 days ago)

:camping:

--------------------
Cultivating Panaeolus cyanescens

Offlineplummerblue
Stranger
Re: Official Caerulescens cult thread♤ [Re: Asura]
    #25882220 - 03/18/19 05:53 PM (2 months, 5 days ago)

Is there any difference in strength between Caerulescens and Cubes?

Offlinespitzenkorper
dabberwook
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: bout tree fiddy
Re: Official Caerulescens cult thread♤ [Re: plummerblue]
    #25882358 - 03/18/19 07:14 PM (2 months, 5 days ago)

caerulescens are supposed to be a good 2-3x ++ the potency of cubensis, but I think it they can vary quite a bit
I’ve not yet tried them myself, that’s just what I read

I think caerulescens are considered either a secondary or tertiary decomposer of wood, not sure how well it does on fresh wood chips, but old wood, sawdust, straw, manure, pine needles, leaf compost are things it seems to prefer.

You could try brf/Verm/worms, but my first thought is it might like something more fibrous
But I think the whole point of this thread is that no one really has a solid recipe or tek down, to my knowledge- we’re all tryin to figure it out

--------------------
Trade List
seeds, spores, & more!

Edited by spitzenkorper (03/18/19 07:15 PM)

OfflineBrain Bulb
Insane in the Membrane
 User Gallery

Re: Official Caerulescens cult thread♤ [Re: spitzenkorper]
    #25882816 - 03/19/19 12:13 AM (2 months, 5 days ago)

I haven’t taken a full therapeutic dose but I ate one shroom, probably 1/2g dry, as my microdose before going to work and I started tripping while talking to my supervisor.  Totally lost concentration, supervisor was talking but I wasn’t comprehending what he was saying.  Didn’t have full visuals but every had a halo around it that moved in and out with each breath.  I can only imagine taking 2-3g.  Hopefully soon! 

It didn’t last long as it was a small dose but for those 20 min I was a bit worried.  Was not expecting to trip on such a low dose.

--------------------

OfflineBrain Bulb
Insane in the Membrane
 User Gallery

Re: Official Caerulescens cult thread♤ [Re: Brain Bulb] * 1
    #25888975 - 03/21/19 09:58 PM (2 months, 2 days ago)

SB#1 has some chubby pins starting!

--------------------

Invisiblestraightedge
 User Gallery
Loc: Canada Flag
    #25890060 - 03/22/19 01:39 PM (2 months, 1 day ago)

Nice! Looking forward to your results, I've also been working on these.

--------------------
Trade List

OfflineBrain Bulb
Insane in the Membrane
 User Gallery

Re: Official Caerulescens cult thread♤ [Re: straightedge]
    #25891988 - 03/23/19 01:53 PM (2 months, 23 hours ago)

Quote:

straightedge said:
Nice! Looking forward to your results, I've also been working on these.

Thanks!  Spotted some trich on the bottom of the box so I’m hoping the fruits reach maturity before the trich takes over...  On a side note there are quite a few more pins coming up and the first couple are getting plump!  Here are the best pins so far.

--------------------

Offlinespitzenkorper
dabberwook

#25892743 - 03/23/19 09:46 PM (2 months, 15 hours ago)

those first two bags i had posted went bad. this was first time trying bags, so still figuring it all out.

looks like contams got in during inoculation, no injection ports on the bags, just duct tape. few lil yellow n green spots. either spent too long squirting lc round the bag, or the seal covering the injection site was not secure, maybe both- either way, must have let some dirty air in. contams are mainly concentrated near injection site.

got a second round coming. it looks better, ill post pics in a few days. but we nocced up the second round BEFORE noticing the contams in first round, so did not modify technique a whole lot. probably got a better seal over the hole, but still took time squirting lc round the bag.

if these go bad too, then will try again, this time put a dab of rtv silicone on the bag, boom! injection ports, should solve the contam issues. third times a charm, right?

the bad bags went into potted plants. they were all both 75% colonized or more, so hopefully something pops up.

Edited by spitzenkorper (03/23/19 09:55 PM)

OfflineBrain Bulb
Insane in the Membrane
 User Gallery

#25897145 - 03/26/19 02:52 AM (1 month, 29 days ago)

Quote:

spitzenkorper said:
those first two bags i had posted went bad. this was first time trying bags, so still figuring it all out.

looks like contams got in during inoculation, no injection ports on the bags, just duct tape. few lil yellow n green spots. either spent too long squirting lc round the bag, or the seal covering the injection site was not secure, maybe both- either way, must have let some dirty air in. contams are mainly concentrated near injection site.

got a second round coming. it looks better, ill post pics in a few days. but we nocced up the second round BEFORE noticing the contams in first round, so did not modify technique a whole lot. probably got a better seal over the hole, but still took time squirting lc round the bag.

if these go bad too, then will try again, this time put a dab of rtv silicone on the bag, boom! injection ports, should solve the contam issues. third times a charm, right?

the bad bags went into potted plants. they were all both 75% colonized or more, so hopefully something pops up.

That sucks man.  Definitely been there.  This is my 7th or 8th attempt with a lot of agar work. Was a lot of trial and error.  @CaptainFutures Weilii grow log got me on the right path.  I’d check it out if you haven’t already.  My method was print ~ agar ~ GS ~ MB with sub~ SB.  Going to try LC on the next batch.  Keep at it!  If I can help I’m happy to share the limited knowledge I have.

--------------------

OfflineBrain Bulb
Insane in the Membrane
 User Gallery

#25897174 - 03/26/19 03:35 AM (1 month, 29 days ago)

So far SB#1 is the only thing that is fruiting.  I used 3 different phenotypes and 3 different methods.  Think this next round I’ll use the same method on all 3 to see if it makes a difference.

SB#1 has new pins popping up daily!:-)

--------------------

Offlinespitzenkorper
dabberwook

#25908090 - 03/31/19 05:40 PM (1 month, 23 days ago)

ok we got a new bag, same LC.

this is 20 days after inoculation

sub: 1:2:1:1 WBS:"manure mix":"SG mix":fir shavings

"manure mix": 6:4:3:2:1 horse manure: coco: oat bran: wheat straw: verm

"SG mix": 2:1:1 sweet gum wood: sweet gum gumballs: sweet gum leaves

theres a small bit left to colonize at the bottom, and think it needs some time to digest the wood, but looks about 95% colonized, no sign of contaminants.

will probably leave to consolidate for another week or two, then idk gotta case it with something... we might try to find some red clay soil, mix 2:1:1 clay:peat:sand, with just a pinch of verm... suggestions??
if we were to case with red clay soil, wouldn't that be relatively acidic? whereas most casings we prepare are slightly basic, right? thoughts??

we'll prep some more bags soon with silicone for injection ports, should solve contaminant issue.

--------------------
Trade List
seeds, spores, & more!

OfflineBrain Bulb
Insane in the Membrane
 User Gallery

#25908784 - 04/01/19 02:02 AM (1 month, 23 days ago)

Quote:

spitzenkorper said:
ok we got a new bag, same LC.

this is 20 days after inoculation

sub: 1:2:1:1 WBS:"manure mix":"SG mix":fir shavings

"manure mix": 6:4:3:2:1 horse manure: coco: oat bran: wheat straw: verm

"SG mix": 2:1:1 sweet gum wood: sweet gum gumballs: sweet gum leaves

theres a small bit left to colonize at the bottom, and think it needs some time to digest the wood, but looks about 95% colonized, no sign of contaminants.

will probably leave to consolidate for another week or two, then idk gotta case it with something... we might try to find some red clay soil, mix 2:1:1 clay:peat:sand, with just a pinch of verm... suggestions??
if we were to case with red clay soil, wouldn't that be relatively acidic? whereas most casings we prepare are slightly basic, right? thoughts??

we'll prep some more bags soon with silicone for injection ports, should solve contaminant issue.

Nice!  Let me know how those subs work out.  I ended up planting my mycobag outside bc it wasn’t really doing anything, the weather’s getting warmer and it was getting loaded with trich.  Just did a few A2G transfers to get my next batch going. 

Fruits are growing extremely slow in SB#1 but I have one that the veil broke on recently.:-).  The rest are still pins.  Weather is supposed to be nice in a couple days so I may put my tub outside.  It’s also loaded with trich now.

As far as casing I had the best luck in SB #1 which was: 

Peat Moss 7 cups
Vermiculite 3 cups
Perlite 2 cups
Water 6 cups
CaCO3 to bring the pH up to 7 - 7.5.

I packed it down as much as I could since they are growing in an area with thick red clay, sand and dirt in my yard.  Only thing I’m going to change up is the depth.  Since I’m packing it down I’m only going to use about 1/2” instead of the 1.5” that was recommended the last time.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon Agar, Brown Rice Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Injection Ports, Mycobags, Peat, Perlite, pH Test Strips, Propolis, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation