Home | Community | Message Board

Buy-Kratom.us
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Coir, Rye Grain, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGrowthfactor
Student
First Grow, let me know what ya think bout my Plans.
    #25874608 - 03/14/19 09:43 PM (6 days, 7 hours ago)

First of all hello and thanks to the whole forum here, have been soaking up information like a sponge all over the internet and especially here on shroomery the past weeks (no joke, think i have been reading on here 12 hours yesterday alone #thanksmodafinil), and my 1st grow plans are actually starting to take shape at the moment.

Quickly some background to myself. I´m a Student from Germany in his 20´s having had my first shroom experience some weeks ago and pretty much straight the next day decided i was going to start growing my own ones. Im much into personal development and spirituality therefore i saved up the psychedelic experience for quiet some years and handled it as quiet an sacrament. Now I want to work with it more frequently to gain insights and as aid in development. Also some micro dosing will take place, everything stacked with lions mane which I´ll also be growing in larger scale. Since I´m also quiet a fan of nootropics and nutrition optimization, probably some other medicinals will follow those initial projects.

Guess for a start that should be enough with the quick info and back to my plans.

My PC is already on it´s way, settled for a 18l (bout 19 quarts?) model, first got a 9l one but once it arrived I immediately realized it would be too small so straight send back.
Since I want to grow lions mane and later other medicinals i plan to go for Bag tek (actually thought I was an creative Mind and the first one coming up with it LOL! but after some days of digging actually found pretty much exactly what i was imagining with Bosley´s Bags https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24620024/fpart/1/vc/1)
Bags too pretty much already on their way too.
Since i was a bit impatient and wanted to see straight results i went for grow kits as source of my future genetics. One Moby Dick and one McKennaii (ur free to roast me but the moment i purchased I thought to myself 1. I love Terence 2. the claim for it to be a quiet potent variety still somehow triggered me and 3. I was able to find every other variety they offered as syringes which unlike grow kits are easily shippable to Ger, but not this one [nor the Moby])

Nevertheless, those two kits were set out to start growing 2 days ago, wish me luck haha.

Once or if they should give me some fruit I plan to clone the best and potent looking ones of each on Agar.
Got myself some glaspetris, got 40 pcs used quiet cheaply. I like the re-usability aspect and the fact that they can be PCed with the agar in them, seems way more contiproof to me than to handle around with the agar in the SAB.
Anyways, then next step will be 3x selectioning of rhizomorphic mycelium strands before using it to create the honey LC I´ll later use to inoculate the bags with.
Before that of course check the LC on an rye jar.
Guess the safest way was to only once do the Agar to LC jar and than use that one jar to create more LC jar right? Not to simply have masses of Agardishes and uses all of them to create an own LC.
Well thats quiet some weeks off in the future anyways.
As Sub for the Bags ill probably go the same as Bosley in his Tek with the coir/rye simply because its easy to handle and acquire, but i also already see myself experimenting around with different layerings. Also i think it would be interesting to see how they later on behave differently if they are layed out flat to incubate and later Fruit since i think that massive chunk of Sub would be way more effective spread out a bit wouldn't it? Also thought about just crumbling out the spawned coir/rye mix in a small mono and not leaving it in the Bag, any thoughts on that? Or would that just be unnecessary mess and tubs to clean up later on:/?

Well definitely cant wait to get there!
let me know what you guys think

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTormatoS
It’s OK!! I’m a Limo Driver!! 😁
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Montagar
Re: First Grow, let me know what ya think bout my Plans. [Re: Growthfactor]
    #25874702 - 03/14/19 10:33 PM (6 days, 7 hours ago)

Post pictures with updates. :goodluck:

--------------------
Tormato's Q&A Thread

Helpful Threads

"Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip it's been." ~ Grateful Dead

Before you start...Do you have a Pressure Cooker and a Dehydrator? I highly recommend getting both!

OfflineGrowthfactor
Student
Re: First Grow, let me know what ya think bout my Plans. [Re: Tormato]
    #25885949 - 03/20/19 04:55 PM (12 hours, 42 minutes ago)

So  some followup pics,
Agar prepared and ready in the refrigerator, SAB Ready and prepared.
But most importantly and what quiet relives me, both kits showing first primordia and tiny pins. Even though it might be better visible on the Moby Dick one, the McKennaii looks way healthier in general, not quiet visible yet, but if all the tiny primordia in the McKennaii should truly turn out to become shrooms, then i should be able to get quiet a flush with that one. Think the Moby has been a bit too dry to begin with, but nevermind, what matters is that there will be something to clone in the End :smile:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Coir, Rye Grain, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Getting Started