Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemycorry
The Empirical
 User Gallery

Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: Jakeoncid419]
    #25990511 - 05/13/19 06:05 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Jakeoncid419 said:
Wow ur zap myc looks very different than mine. Mine is much softer more pan like.

That bag is fully colonized although you can barely tell in pic

Exactly! The "Zapo1AC Big Cluster A" clone myc is some aggressive stuff.

I have myc like yours too. It came from the same germination as my AC cultures.

Here you can see my "Zapo1BD clone 2" jar that is fully colonized, right next to the AC culture jar. You can only just see the myc from up close. This clone came from my original BD jar that made a MASSIVE pinset that I cloned. Literally 2/3 of the widemouth jar was one massive pin set but the fruits wouldn't pierce the casing like the AC culture did.

Here are the pics of the original plate that these germinated from and the original post I made.

You can see here why my jars are labled AC and BD. I combined the cultures like I did on a hunch. I can explain if someone is curious but I don't have a lot of time right now. The C culture was the fastest growing but was very thin and whispy. The A B and D (but mostly A) cultures where robust, tall and pillowy but didn't grow as fast. I didnt have enough jars for 4 cultures so I mixed the A and C because they both had traits I was looking for. Then I made a BD jar because I could be wrong about the AC culture. Plus, this isnt cultivation, its a relationship :heart: Gotta get to know every part of her.

Notice from bottom how much darker the A B D cultures are compared to the C.

Side lighting really emphasizes this.

--------------------
My Trade Lists

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: Basel Switzerland
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: mycorry]
    #25990515 - 05/13/19 06:08 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Awesome!
Yeah I really noticed this with the pans my Australian and in  Hausteca ISO’s Finish off a jar in 7 to 10 days I just went down there and I have Texas, bisp, Jamaican, peace river, (ms) all Significantly behind My ISO’s. That’s why I try and take a clone as soon as I can because the difference in ability to get them from start to finish is drastic not to mention your yield

--------------------
Natural omt/detox
online  pant cult classes available last Saturday of every month go to buymeacoffee.com/jakeoncid to sign up (1 on 1 consultations also available
JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

Edited by Jakeoncid419 (05/13/19 06:09 PM)

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: Jakeoncid419] * 1
    #25990520 - 05/13/19 06:11 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

However the meanest most aggressive myc I got down there is the neoxpensis!!! That shit is fucking up whole jars off a wedge in 5-7 days!!  Got a few trays almost ready for FC, I’m really excited about these!

--------------------
Natural omt/detox
online  pant cult classes available last Saturday of every month go to buymeacoffee.com/jakeoncid to sign up (1 on 1 consultations also available
JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

Invisiblemycorry
The Empirical
 User Gallery

Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: cronicr]
    #25990529 - 05/13/19 06:14 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

cronicr said:
I have a culture of the real deal just need the time to work with it

I have been obsessed with finding Hoogshagenii var hoogshagenii for a long time. I had an old crusty foil of it from 2014 but after at least 35 attempts with no luck i'm down to maybe 4 whole spores haha. Whoever had the foil before me must have cooked it. :facepalm:

--------------------
My Trade Lists

Edited by mycorry (05/13/19 06:18 PM)

Invisiblemycorry
The Empirical
 User Gallery

#25990534 - 05/13/19 06:17 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Jakeoncid419 said:
However the meanest most aggressive myc I got down there is the neoxpensis!!! That shit is fucking up whole jars off a wedge in 5-7 days!!  Got a few trays almost ready for FC, I’m really excited about these!

Oh man that sounds RAD! Please post results from that, id love to see it.

Something about aggressive myc makes me happy. It's like this extremely delicate, ephemeral, living tissue paper that is very HANGRY!

--------------------
My Trade Lists

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #25990541 - 05/13/19 06:20 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Lol yup I got a bunk from ET then a mid label (that was sub trop anyway)

But I just got a msg from Alan last night he is sending me Hoogashengii acutely umbonate,  subtropicalis, Heim I and some more neoxpensis strains! I too have been hunting true hoog a long time

--------------------
Natural omt/detox
JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

Invisiblemycorry
The Empirical
 User Gallery

Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: Aendir]
    #25990605 - 05/13/19 06:44 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Aendir said:
Oh yeah !

2 weeks and the end of winter (welcome to Canada !) eventually gave some pinning to those Hoogshagenii / Semperviva ! :smile:

So what do you think Jake ? Is it too early to decide between Subtropicalis Vs Psilocybe Hoogshagenii (Semperviva) var Convexa ?

Those are looking great! :rockon:

hoogshagenii var convexa and subtropicales are the same species. There has been a lot of confusion over these(and hoogshagenii var hoogshagenii AKA True Hoogs) due to how the taxonomy of mushrooms has evolved over the years mixed with human error.

In my experience with Subtropicales the first two flushes have the convex cap. After that every flush has more and more of the fruit have concave caps with a little teensy nipple on top.

For example:

(all of these are the same culture)

Flush #2 of subtropicales(Culture labled Semp1c to be extra confusing). Notice the tight curling of the caps. *I let this flush get too dry and stay too long

Same culture as above but in a tray I had in an unmodified monotub. This is flush #3. See how the curl on the cap isn't as tight and more of the population are losing the "convex" look

Flush #6 of the box from the first pic 5 months later.

Now compare my Subtropicales to the True hoogs Jake is referring to

Acutely umbonate with an extended papilla, which is fancy talk for adorable.

--------------------
My Trade Lists

Invisiblemycorry
The Empirical
 User Gallery

#25990610 - 05/13/19 06:47 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Jakeoncid419 said:
Lol yup I got a bunk from ET then a mid label (that was sub trop anyway)

But I just got a msg from Alan last night he is sending me Hoogashengii acutely umbonate,  subtropicalis, Heim I and some more neoxpensis strains! I too have been hunting true hoog a long time

WOOOO we are gonna have some gnarly grow logs out of you soon!:popcorn:
:grannycheer:

--------------------
My Trade Lists

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #25990657 - 05/13/19 07:09 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

mycorry said:
Quote:

Aendir said:
Oh yeah !

2 weeks and the end of winter (welcome to Canada !) eventually gave some pinning to those Hoogshagenii / Semperviva ! :smile:

So what do you think Jake ? Is it too early to decide between Subtropicalis Vs Psilocybe Hoogshagenii (Semperviva) var Convexa ?

hoogshagenii var convexa and subtropicales are the same species. There has been a lot of confusion over these(and hoogshagenii var hoogshagenii AKA True Hoogs) due to how the taxonomy of mushrooms has evolved over the years mixed with human error.

In my experience with Subtropicales the first two flushes have the convex cap. After that every flush has more and more of the fruit have concave caps with a little teensy nipple on top.

For example:

Flush #2 of subtropicales(Culture labled Semp1c to be extra confusing). Notice the tight curling of the caps. *I let this flush get too dry and stay too long

Same culture as above but in a tray I had in an unmodified monotub. This is flush #3. See how the curl on the cap isn't as tight and more of the population are losing the "convex" look

It’s my understanding that Hoogashengii var convexa is not a thing it’s just sub trip then “true hoog” is the Hoogashengii acutely umbonate (spine) that’s the one I’ve been after and I finally am getting from Alan

--------------------
Natural omt/detox
JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

Edited by Jakeoncid419 (05/13/19 07:10 PM)

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #25990662 - 05/13/19 07:11 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Lol ok I see the sentence at the bottom haha we said the same thing

--------------------
Natural omt/detox
JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

OfflineShaperDreaming
Weirdo
Female User Gallery

Loc: United States Flag
    #25991956 - 05/14/19 10:13 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Jakeoncid419 said:
Although I just made a few bags of
fine shredded straw
HWFP (hydrated with tblspoon of glucose in h20)
Coir
Verm
Hummus

So. no poo? What you going to grow in this bag? I'm curious to know if you cut out manure for poo lovers here!

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: ShaperDreaming]
    #25991968 - 05/14/19 10:18 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

No that recipe is for the zaps and neo’s

--------------------
Natural omt/detox
JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

Invisiblemycorry
The Empirical
 User Gallery

#25992513 - 05/14/19 03:15 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Jakeoncid419 said:
Although I just made a few bags of
fine shredded straw
HWFP (hydrated with tblspoon of glucose in h20)
Coir
Verm
Hummus

I was amazed how fluffy the end result was!
I have high hopes for that recipe

Hydrating the HWFP with glucose is really clever! :strokebeard:

What ratio of water to glucose did you choose?

If that has success I would love to see side by side test with similar recipes but using sugar cane juice or high fructose corn syrup.

What hummus are you using?

--------------------
My Trade Lists

Edited by mycorry (05/14/19 03:18 PM)

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #25992527 - 05/14/19 03:22 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks I cut the glucose in at approx 1 tblspoon to 709 gs of water (it’s so damn sticky I don’t want to risk getting any on my scale the powdered malt already ruined my last scale just from the dust settling on it then the humid air making it turned sticky.
The hummus is a manure hummus mix I got at Home Depot (only hummus they had) I’ve ordered str8 hummus of amazon just waiting on it..... ran outta coir too lol my sugarcane mulch should be here by Friday tho!!!

--------------------
Natural omt/detox
JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: Jakeoncid419] * 1
    #25993490 - 05/14/19 11:26 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Wanna see a magic trick?😉

--------------------
Natural omt/detox
JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

OfflinecronicrFacebook
 User Gallery

Loc: Van Isle Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #25994691 - 05/15/19 05:00 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Jakeoncid419 said:
Quote:

mycorry said:
Quote:

Aendir said:
Oh yeah !

For example:

It’s my understanding that Hoogashengii var convexa is not a thing it’s just sub trip then “true hoog” is the Hoogashengii acutely umbonate (spine) that’s the one I’ve been after and I finally am getting from Alan

Good luck with the gill frags!

--------------------

It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn

I'm tired do me a favor

OfflineAendir
Passionate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #25994840 - 05/15/19 06:38 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

mycorry said:
Quote:

Aendir said:
Oh yeah !

For example:

Well understood, thank you Mycorry !

Hoogshagenii var hoogshagenii AKA True Hoogs really are the real deal :smile:

But nevertheless, I can't wait for my fake Hoogshagenii from everything I read about it.

--------------------
À vaincre sans péril, on triomphe sans gloire

Trade List

Invisiblemycorry
The Empirical
 User Gallery

#25995138 - 05/15/19 08:57 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Jakeoncid419 said:
Wanna see a magic trick?😉

Nice! :rockon:

Most of the attempts that I have seen have some success with libs where using rye grass seed as spawn. Makes sense to me seeing their affinity for turf.

What's your plan with them?

--------------------
My Trade Lists

OfflineJakeoncid419
Follow me.....
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #25995146 - 05/15/19 09:02 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Gonna run a grass seed invitro I’ve done a few times before then I’m gonna try sum on sugar cane and as with everything else see if I can’t get a tray canopy in the Jartha. It will be a slow process but at least with these I know a working tek (albeit not super impressive yields in the invitro bags (q dry if I’m lucky) I do love the response I get from doing it tho lol. For a split second I get just a tiny taste of how David Blane must feel all day every day lol

--------------------
Natural omt/detox
JOC PAN TEK
CORDYCEPS MILITARIS

EXOTICS
[

Invisiblemycorry
The Empirical
 User Gallery

Re: Official Misc EXOTIC Thread [Re: Aendir]
    #25995150 - 05/15/19 09:03 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Aendir said:
Well understood, thank you Mycorry !

Hoogshagenii var hoogshagenii AKA True Hoogs really are the real deal :smile:

But nevertheless, I can't wait for my fake Hoogshagenii from everything I read about it.

YES!

So far, my FAVORITE MUSHROOM is Subtropicales. You will not be dissapointed.:thumbup:

--------------------
My Trade Lists

Edited by mycorry (05/15/19 10:16 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags